• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for opinions... the best under eye cover up?

I've tried Time Balm and Booing. Like both, but always looking to cover my DARK circles.

Looking for opinions... the best under eye cover up?

I've tried Time Balm and Booing. Like both, but always looking to cover my DARK circles.

TVEPFOX, :welcome: to this awesome thread!!!

I get stressed out way to easily and it affects my eyes. I was having some serious under eye bags and I needed something and Revitalume has been amazing!!! Here is the link. Again kinda pricey but I give you my A+ testimonial on this product. Read through the entire link.

http://www.revitalume.com/

Ok, I'm on board. I wear Trish McEvoy mascara. Love how it doesn't smudge, etc. but washes off in the shower without soap.

I also use her bronzer, eyeshadow, and liner.

Now on to a face cleanser and or moisturizer question. I'm having problems with my face. I get alot of blackheads and have had oily oily face forever. I just turned 46 and now my face is dry. Now I have blackheads AND dry skin. I don't know how to treat it. Got any ideas?

This thread couldn't have come at a better time! I spent 30 minutes online yesterday looking at all the Clinique foundations before I went to the mall again. (still haven't been) I LOVE makeup, but all of a sudden what used to work for me is not any more. My skin is oilier now than it ever has been and I'm 41! Anybody know the best oil control foundation? Or mattifying lotion?
I started all over in Oct. with all Clinique products, from the 3-step cleansing to all the makeup. I used to sell Avon and still really like some of their makeup and a lot of their skin care.

shirleyb, here's another recommendation of eyeshadow primer--I really like the one by BeautiControl. You can get it in a beige and a rose tone.

The only perfume I wear is Obsession by Calvin Klein. The older I get, the more my allergies seem to bother me, but this is one scent I've loved for 20 years! I wear VS body lotion in Vanilla Lace or My Desire, too.

Well I have acne prone oily skin, but I guess it's probably similar. Mattifying and oil control lotions and make up don't work for me. The best thing to do is put a very light layer of milk of magnesia on your skin. Over lotion, but under foundation. It sounds crazy but works so well, and it's cheap.

I couldnt think of a decent title.

When is Sephora's sale again. I have some things I need to pick up. :confused:

CathrynRose....you started this thread on the anniversary of my free MAC make up four years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just reminicing about today. LOL

Seriously,
I am looking for a flat iron....has anyone used a Solano Sapphire? MY HD used one and it is fantastic. It is not a well known brand but I found it on Folica for 129 and at some vaccuum site for 109 but I am holding off till I find out if non professionals really like it. I know when I go to my HD my hair always looks better and I can never replicate it even if I have the same tools.

I had some of the Pure White Linen and I like it, but not as much as some other scents. DH bought it for me for Christmas last year, even though I had asked for Beautiful Silver. He couldn't remember what I asked for.

I tried the Potion No. 9, even got it at a great sale, but didn't feel like it really did anything special for me.

Any response on eyeshadow primer? That's the one thing I really need to find.
MAC Paint. The color I have is Untitled. Your makeup won't go anywhere. It will give you more intense color than Urban Decay Primer Potion. I bought the Primer Potion when I ran out of paint just to try something different, but I don't like it as much.

For foundation I've been using Bare Minerals. I like it but hate the mess so I tried Diorskin. It has the most beautiful finish of any foundation I've ever used. It's a (mineral) liquid, which I thought I'd never use again.

I got a sample of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and I also really like it.

For blush it's Nars all the way.

I also like both Nars and MAC for shadows.

Right now I'm switching between Too Faced Lash Injection in hot chocolate and Tarte mascara in black.

I love Urban Decay eyeliner and there's also one type of MAC that I like, but I can't remember which it is. Both go on really smooth with a lot of staying power.

For lipstick I use Stila and MAC. Ariel from Stila and 3-D from MAC are my 2 go to colors.

I switch between Purity from Philosophy and Cosmedicine for cleansers, and I use Night Nurse and a moisturizer from Cosmedicine.

I have allergies so I can't wear as many different perfumes as I used to. My favorites are The Look and The Fragrance, by Vera Wang, Romance and Style by Ralph Lauren, and Be Delicious (love, love, love) by DKNY.

ETA: I just switched to Technician by Frederic Fekkai for shampoo and conditioner and I like it, but I am never brand loyal for haircare products. I like something different every time. I'd love to hear what everyone is using and likes.

TVEPFOX, :welcome: to this awesome thread!!!

I get stressed out way to easily and it affects my eyes. I was having some serious under eye bags and I needed something and Revitalume has been amazing!!! Here is the link. Again kinda pricey but I give you my A+ testimonial on this product. Read through the entire link.

http://www.revitalume.com/

Okay went to the website and it was too much to read. Just bottom line it for me...how much is it? That is all I need to know because someone could sell me snake oil if they said it worked. I have even used Preparation H b/c
I was told it got rid of bags and IMHO all it does is smell like fish.

I was wondering what everyone uses to wash their face with. and what other creams or lotions or anti wrinkle things you use? i used roc one time but I can't find it except to order it but i am bad about that stuff. :cutie:

Cetephil is the best thing you can use for your face I have used it for years and when I exfoliate I add baking soda to it. My dermetologist told me my skin is at least ten years younger than my age. I learned it from watching a show with Paula Begouin ( Cosmetics Bible, Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without this Book).

Okay went to the website and it was too much to read. Just bottom line it for me...how much is it? That is all I need to know because someone could sell me snake oil if they said it worked. I have even used Preparation H b/c
I was told it got rid of bags and IMHO all it does is smell like fish.

Bella the Ball, I really feel you will be very very happy with this product. ::yes::

Try it for free for 30 days!! If you love it and do not return it, they will then bill you $49.95! If you love it (as I do) then they will automatically enroll you in their Rewards program and every 2 months you will get a new bottle for $49.95! You can cancel ANYTIME you like! I use a drop in the morning after my shower and again in the evening after I wash my face. I am very impressed with it!!! And no smell to it at all. :thumbsup2

Terms and Conditions of Revitalume
Start your FREE 30 day trial now and you will receive a full size bottle of RevitaLume (a 60 day supply with a retail price for $64.95). You'll evaluate this amazing product and see the results for yourself. If you love RevitaLume as much as we do, simply do nothing and at the end of your 30 day trial, you will be charged the super low price of $49.95 - a 23.1% savings! If, for any reason, you decide that RevitaLume is not right for you, simply call 1-800-335-9323 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you accept this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership to the RevitaLume Healthy Rewards Program. You will continue to get a fresh supply of RevitaLume every 60 days for the low price of $49.95 (plus shipping)... a 23.1% discount! It is easy to modify or cancel anytime by calling 1-800-335-9323.

Don't know anything about the eyeshadow primer, I will wait and see the response from others. That is probably another thing I need to be using.

Deep Dark Confession Time:

I have never been to Sephora.

I want to go, but I am always on a tight budget and I look in there when I go past and think "it's probably $45 for one eyeshadow". So I keep on walking. Also, having never been in there, I don't even know where to start? Help me go to Sephora people! Tell me it isn't really that expensive!
I don't think it's *that* expensive. Sephora has their own line of cosmetics that I find to be pretty reasonably priced. I like their eyeliner and it was only around $5.

Run, don't walk to Sephora! We finally got one and I'm sooo happy! If you become a Beauty Insider you'll get lots of really nice goodies. I also love that if they can put something into a container (which they can do with almost anything) you can take it home and try it.

Ok, I'm on their website now. I'm looking...... some stuff is expensive, some not so bad.......still looking......I could be a lip gloss junkie for sure so I'm starting with that.

If you live near a Chelsea Premium Outlet they have a Lancome Outlet thereThey always have discounts on current items and then they always have a 3 for 10 2 for1o and 10.00 table. That is where I was first introduced to Fatale Mascara from Lancome. I LOVE IT but am spoiled (as I said onthe "it takes me an hour to put on my mascara thread" earlier today}

I like Sephora and they do have some make up artists on call but for the most part the sales staff are just that sales staff. I get really confused b/c I want it all! Once I was in the store and this guy dressed in drag was in there. His make up was flawless and he was giving make up tips to people even though he was just a customer. He looked fantastic, and knew all the tricks when it came to conceler, and countouring.

Here are some websites that offer discounts that are really good.

For OPI or Essie Nail Polish

Head2ToeBeauty.com

Transdesigns.com

For Hair Products especially Morrocan Oil

Cosmetic Magic.com

I do not really know any sites that "luxury" brands and I KNOW that everyone says the drug store brand is the same thing but you cannot prove it by me.

I also like Paula's Choice Make up.

It is subltle but really good for your skin. The shadow especially is great it does not crease and has lanolin in it.

www.cosmeticscop.com

I like Everyday Minerals too
You can get 6 samples ( a one month supply) for free but postage is 3.98 Well worth it for what you get. I like it better than Bare Minerals and less expensive

www.everydayminerals.com

Bella the Ball, I really feel you will be very very happy with this product. ::yes::

Try it for free for 30 days!! If you love it and do not return it, they will then bill you $49.95! If you love it (as I do) then they will automatically enroll you in their Rewards program and every 2 months you will get a new bottle for $49.95! You can cancel ANYTIME you like! I use a drop in the morning after my shower and again in the evening after I wash my face. I am very impressed with it!!! And no smell to it at all. :thumbsup2

Terms and Conditions of Revitalume
Start your FREE 30 day trial now and you will receive a full size bottle of RevitaLume (a 60 day supply with a retail price for $64.95). You'll evaluate this amazing product and see the results for yourself. If you love RevitaLume as much as we do, simply do nothing and at the end of your 30 day trial, you will be charged the super low price of $49.95 - a 23.1% savings! If, for any reason, you decide that RevitaLume is not right for you, simply call 1-800-335-9323 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you accept this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership to the RevitaLume Healthy Rewards Program. You will continue to get a fresh supply of RevitaLume every 60 days for the low price of $49.95 (plus shipping)... a 23.1% discount! It is easy to modify or cancel anytime by calling 1-800-335-9323.

Thanks I will definately give it a try.

I tried Hydrolyze and it was pretty good. I also use Patricia Wexler products and like them also. They have a de -puffer and a circle lightner.

CATHRYN ROSE thanks so much for starting this thread.....I have kept my addiction under control for a month of two but now I am feeling it rise again...just look at how many times I have posted.

Cetephil is the best thing you can use for your face I have used it for years and when I exfoliate I add baking soda to it. My dermetologist told me my skin is at least ten years younger than my age. I learned it from watching a show with Paula Begouin ( Cosmetics Bible, Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without this Book).

I've been using Cetaphil for years--never know about the baking soda trick. I'll have to try it later :)

I don't think it's *that* expensive. Sephora has their own line of cosmetics that I find to be pretty reasonably priced. I like their eyeliner and it was only around $5.

Run, don't walk to Sephora! We finally got one and I'm sooo happy! If you become a Beauty Insider you'll get lots of really nice goodies. I also love that if they can put something into a container (which they can do with almost anything) you can take it home and try it.

I want to know what you have to do to become a Beauty Insider? Take home and try almost anything? Who knew?

How did I miss this thread? Hello All!!!!!!

FYI ~ if you have a Facebook account join Sephora as a fan & you sometimes get "special" discount codes!!!!!

I want to know what you have to do to become a Beauty Insider? Take home and try almost anything? Who knew?
You just have to sign up! When you get a certain number of points you can choose from several different sample size products, and all I've been offered have been really nice (Dior moisturizer, Calvin Klein lipgloss, Philosophy hand cream, for example).

http://www.sephora.com/beautyinsider/?searchString=beauty insider

Anyone can get the product samples that they make up for you.

Ok, I'm on board. I wear Trish McEvoy mascara. Love how it doesn't smudge, etc. but washes off in the shower without soap.

I also use her bronzer, eyeshadow, and liner.

Now on to a face cleanser and or moisturizer question. I'm having problems with my face. I get alot of blackheads and have had oily oily face forever. I just turned 46 and now my face is dry. Now I have blackheads AND dry skin. I don't know how to treat it. Got any ideas?

I was in the same boat with the oily/dry/blackhead prone skin. I use Cetaphil and a washcloth for daily exfoliation. I would tend to cut back on moisturizer when I felt too oily, but that just made my skin produce more oil. So now I use a daily moisturizer with a built-in spf for day and a heavier cream for night and my skin has never looked better or been more balanced.

I've had a lot of luck with the Garnier Nutrisse line - inexpensive but it works for me. I cannot use anything by Oil of Olay - instant breakout.

I was in the same boat with the oily/dry/blackhead prone skin. I use Cetaphil and a washcloth for daily exfoliation. I would tend to cut back on moisturizer when I felt too oily, but that just made my skin produce more oil. So now I use a daily moisturizer with a built-in spf for day and a heavier cream for night and my skin has never looked better or been more balanced.

I've had a lot of luck with the Garnier Nutrisse line - inexpensive but it works for me. I cannot use anything by Oil of Olay - instant breakout.

Thanks. Cetaphil is on the shopping list and I'm heading over to Garnier Nutrisse website.

Haven't read the replies but just bought a smashbox kit which included smashbox o-gloss and o-glo. Love them! They are clear and turn color when you apply. One is for lips the other cheeks. There are a bunch of other things (makeup) that comes in it including a DVD on how to apply. Didn't watch that yet.
I will now go back and read this great thread!
Christine

Well I have acne prone oily skin, but I guess it's probably similar. Mattifying and oil control lotions and make up don't work for me. The best thing to do is put a very light layer of milk of magnesia on your skin. Over lotion, but under foundation. It sounds crazy but works so well, and it's cheap.

That cracks me up! I read about that the other day and went out and bought a bottle and have been using it for around a week! It does seem to help some, I just wondered if there was a better foundation out there that soaked up oil, too. I used to use Avon's line softening mousse foundation which feels very light and silky, but I seem to be between shades except in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter