The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a great conditioner I love TIGI S factor serious conditioner. I started using there Health factor daily dose shampoo (sulfate free). It smells wonderful.

Christine

I am a huge fan of florals in perfume!!

As far as fruity goes, I really like DKNY Green Apple!

I wear Vera Wang Princess everday but my going out perfume is the classic- Chanel No. 5
:thumbsup2

Here is what's on my dressing table now....I tend to change scents with season & event:

Lovely ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Iris Nobile ~ Aqua di Parma (gold label)
Glamorous ~ Ralph Lauren
Couer de Fleur ~ Miller Harris
L'Instant de Guerlain
Forever & Ever ~ Christian Dior
ENJOY ~ Jean Patou
Celine ~ by Celine (NOT Celine Dion:lmao:)
Romance ~ Ralph Lauren
All the Philosophy but I really dislike "Falling in Love"....yucky!

Now when we start talking about eye shadow primer & mascara that's going to be great!!!!!

That cracks me up! I read about that the other day and went out and bought a bottle and have been using it for around a week! It does seem to help some, I just wondered if there was a better foundation out there that soaked up oil, too. I used to use Avon's line softening mousse foundation which feels very light and silky, but I seem to be between shades except in the summer.

I'm glad that helps a bit. I also use Clinique's Oil-Free Matte Sheer Pressed Powder, which seems to work well and I use it all summer. I also have found that wearing a liquid foundation can reduce oily-ness, with a powder on top. Not sure why but it does.

Here is what's on my dressing table now....I tend to change scents with season & event:

Lovely ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Iris Nobile ~ Aqua di Parma (gold label)
Glamorous ~ Ralph Lauren
Couer de Fleur ~ Miller Harris
L'Instant de Guerlain
Forever & Ever ~ Christian Dior
ENJOY ~ Jean Patou
Celine ~ by Celine (NOT Celine Dion:lmao:)
Romance ~ Ralph Lauren
All the Philosophy but I really dislike "Falling in Love"....yucky!

You should try Gucci II - it's similar to the ones above. DH bought me a bottle last Christmas and I love it - I don't wear the same scent all the time, but this is one of my "go-to's".

Okay best lipgloss in the world...
Philosophy's Big Mouth. It's a lip plumper, it's shiny, not sticky and stays on forever!!

My vote for BLGOTW would be Buxom by BE.

Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ? I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping. :thumbsup2

I am SO glad I tried mineral makeup.

(*Said in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice*) - "As God as my witness - I'll never wear gloopy liquid foundation again!" I'm an EM addict. It's a bonus to me that they are cheaper than BM, because I would so pay more for EM. BM makes my face itch.

I generally hate all fruity/foody scents, with the exception of citrus-based ones and Pink Sugar.

Have you tried Calyx by Perscriptives? I love it...it's light, grassy, and grapefruity (which sounds pretty awful, but really it's not!)

I am looking for a flat iron....has anyone used a Solano Sapphire?

I haven't tried that brand, but I have tried pretty much every other flat iron known to man, and I couldn't be happier with my MaxiGlide. They can take my MaxiGlide when they pry it from my cold dead hands, lol.

I have a question about eye makeup remover - does anyone have a recommendation for one that:

1) removes mascara quickly and thoroughly,
2) is not oily, and
3) won't equal the cost of my car note?

If I can't have all three things on my wish list, I'll take #s 1 and 2. Three is not mandatory, but would be nice.

get Lash Injection. It's waterproof, big time. I cant say enough about this mascara. It takes some getting used to - but then youll love it.

Stays on - so smears or anything - all day at the waterparks (yes, I wear that and lipgloss)

Thanks, I'll try that! I got Voluminous at Target instead but it's clumping on me this morning, and I don't like picking at my eyelashes at 6 AM :)

Don't feel bad, I always wear mascara and liner to pools, waterparks, rainy days....otherwise I look pale and my eyes blend in to the rest of my face.

I have a question about eye makeup remover - does anyone have a recommendation for one that:

2) is not oily, and

If I can't have all three things on my wish list, I'll take #s 1 and 2. Three is not mandatory, but would be nice.

I use Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover, it works pretty well for me. I know the MAC kind is really good, but I won't spend that much money on remover either (I think the Neutrogena was only a few dollars at Wal-Mart).

LadyGracey, I absolutely love the BOOTS line at Target. They have the No7 Restore & Renew Beauty Serum, which is a fab night time creme. :thumbsup2

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=53525

Thanks! I have only tried their mascara, and I am looking for a good night serum too. It seems like I've tried everything, but nothing works! Boots seems to be a lot like pricier brands, I like their quality, and I'm hoping the lack of my waterproof mascara was a temporary oversight on behalf of my local store!

Wow, keeping up with this thread is going to be tough, but fun :goodvibes

OH--perfume--I'm more a one- or two-scent person, but right now I'm alternating between Lovely, and Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath & Body Works. I like Chanel Allure too but I haven't had any in a long time.

I was wondering what everyone uses to wash their face with. and what other creams or lotions or anti wrinkle things you use? i used roc one time but I can't find it except to order it but i am bad about that stuff. :cutie:

I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer( you can but it at CVS or drugstore.com) It is gentle like Cetaphil but does not leave my face greasy or oily( kind of dewy/matte).

Ok, can someone help me with eye shadow primer?

I've never used it. What does it do? Make the shadow last longer?

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!

Urban Decay.....hands down the best I've tried.....I buy it on-line at Sephora.

Thank you. :) But what does it do? Is it just that your eye shadow lasts longer?

I actually have 2 sparkle eye shadows from Urban Decay and love them. :thumbsup2

Primer gives your shadow a good base to adhere to, keeps it from creasing/sliding and keeps the color nice and bright, and it does last longer. I use it even with really good shadows that don't crease on their own, just because it evens the skin tone on my lids and makes the color so much prettier. I have even used the MAC Paints under my shadow and gone swimming, and after being in the water I will still have some shadow on.

Primer gives your shadow a good base to adhere to, keeps it from creasing/sliding and keeps the color nice and bright, and it does last longer. I use it even with really good shadows that don't crease on their own, just because it evens the skin tone on my lids and makes the color so much prettier. I have even used the MAC Paints under my shadow and gone swimming, and after being in the water I will still have some shadow on.

Thank you very much. :)

I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer( you can but it at CVS or drugstore.com) It is gentle like Cetaphil but does not leave my face greasy or oily( kind of dewy/matte).

thanks I have been looking for something that made my face look and feel like it did on my wedding day and right before. a friend gave me a tube of roc and I LOVE :cloud9: that stuff but haven't been able to get my hands on anymore but i'm terrible at ordering things. when i switched to BE my dh knew i wanted to try it so bad that he ordered it for me lol. i got the samples of EM i'm not too sure about them yet I have only used to twice but this weekend i think i'll really test them. I have the mary kay micro abrasion kit and I like it. The problem i am seem to be having is that between my eye brows and around my nose gets real dry but when i use lotion it get too oily :confused3

2) is not oily, and

Here's my .03 :upsidedow : All around winner for me is the Almay eye makeup remover pads, non-oily formula. They are around $5 and work on everything but waterproof mascara and do not irritate my eyes or leave a film on the inside rim of your eyes like the oily ones.

I like Clinique's Take the Day Off, but it is a liquid and they are messier to me than the pads. Works well, though, no irritation and I don't know how much it costs because it was in a combo pack I bought.

Don't laugh, but, if you really want to save bucks, you know what I found works great? Pamper's Sensitive baby wipes (in fragrance free if you can find them)! They are soft, get the mascara off and feel like they aren't tearing at my eyelids. That one came from being a new mom and running out of remover and being desperate! 72 for around $3.50. I use these in conjunction with the Clinique stuff to wipe it off because it's softer than a cotton pad or tissue.

Ok, another question, what is the best eye cream to get rid of puffy eyes immediately? Have used Garnier Nutrisse, Clinique Just for Eyes, and Loreal double lift in the past few months. Not as good as Avon's eye gel in the orange pot that they've stopped making!!!:sad: I will trade a few wrinkles if someone can depuff my eyes--it's making me look old!!!

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!
I think it depends on which one you use. All of the ones I've used have stopped creasing, and they help your eyeshadow and liner stay on all day. I'm using Urban Decay Primer Potion right now and it's fine. My shadow does stay on and it doesn't crease, but it doesn't provide the same type of base as MAC Paint. The Paint gives more intense color when you put your shadow on and I think has more staying power. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Everything else I've tried from Urban Decay I love. I bought a sampler of eyeliner and they're beautiful colors and hands down the smoothest, nicest liners I've ever used.

whogirl'smom, thanks for the tip about Pamper's Senstivite wipes. I have plenty of those.

I've been using baby wipes for make-up removal for a couple of years. I had read an article about actresses using them after being on stage so I gave it a try.

Those of you who have a selection of perfumes, how do you keep them from going rancid? The most I ever have is two because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter