The "Land" May Never Be The Same - AKA "We're Going To Disneyland!" NEW 8/8

It's so close!!

I think it is the safeness of the gay men. They are non threatening and they have more in common with you than straight men. Just a theory.:rolleyes:

Two Days To Go And I'm Panicing!

Did you hear me?

Two days!

TWO DAYS!!!!!!

And up until this point I have done absolutely nothing other then make my ressies and buy the park tickets and I hadn't even printed those out!

I haven't done anything!!!!!

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

:eek:

It just hit me that we are leaving the day after tomorrow before the butt-crack of dawn so I should probably do something - anything - to get ready.

So I'm going to make a list and you guys can laugh at all I have to do with what's left of today which isn't much and I have a hot date tonight (I know - good timing and all but too bad - I'm going) and tomorrow.

Here comes the list. Support is appreciated. Pointing and laughing is not. :lmao:

-make packing lists for the kids
-make packing list for me
-get travel medical insurance
-find out if I have rental insurance for the rental car
-check pressure in Moosey's tires (yes, my Jeep has a name)
-oil change for Moosey
-find out which border crossings are 24 hours
-find out which exit to take off of the highway for the airport
-buy a point and shoot camera because I'm not lugging my 7D
-buy a memory card for the aforementioned camera
-find out which beaches I want to go to
-buy sunscreen
-refill my medications
-find all the chargers and cords for electronics
-buy books for my iPad
-wash Moosey
-do the mountain of laundry
-pack
-check in online
-give hotel contact info to my parents and my best friend
-take Tink to and from her sleepover tonight
-take garbage to the dump so it doesn't rot in the heat
-get the kids travel insurance info from their dad
-buy printer ink
-print Disney Passes

Hmmmmm......thats all I can think of right now but I'm quite sure there is more.

Somebody hold me!

Okay, just for fun - here is a new pic of Belle and Tink I took the other day!

IMG_8233.jpg

Edited to say that the pic is showing up really red on here and it isn't that colour anywhere else. Either photobucket hates me or the disboards do. I'm really not that bad of a photographer! lol!

It's so close!!

I think it is the safeness of the gay men. They are non threatening and they have more in common with you than straight men. Just a theory.:rolleyes:

I know! 2 more days! You can see by my post I just put up that I'm in full on panic mode and yet I sit here on the computer! lol! Go me!

I think you are on to something about my choice in men. Oh well. Its a beautiful fantasy in my head! :cloud9:

Looks liek you'll have quite the rush to finish getting ready! But you can do it ;) As for the photo, sounds like a Photobucket issue. I hate uploading photos there because it always does something with the color. It usually desaturates mine which drives me bonkers. I gave up on putting my photos there and now use Flickr except for my signatures and other graphics I try out.

Kylie - I'm curious too. It is where we always used to stay when it was the Holiday Day Anaheim At The Park. I loved that we could sit in the pool and watch the fireworks at night.

I've heard some sort of mixed reviews since the Casa Group took it over but I'm hoping for the best. I know noise has been an issue for some people but my kids are older and will be up late anyways.

Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure it was a Holiday Inn.. could have been after it was a Travelodge! :confused3 Some of those hotels change names and owner's frequently... I do know their is a Starbucks accross the street, though!:banana:
You better get packing! Literally! Enjoy the Hot date though!
I had a crush on NPH too, and I love Anderson Cooper, he has such a dry sense of humor....

I do that. I tell myself that I have a ton of time to get ready and then at the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Just take a deep breath and it will all get done.

Good luck! I can totally relate to panic. I have just 8 days and am going crazy! :rotfl2: We are flying out of BLI shortly after you as well. I have lists everywhere and I am checking and re-checking the plans/budget and is everything in the bags?!? Is the dogs sitters (yes, I have 2 sitters for 5 dogs) confirmed? The lists go on and on. My mantra is "this is will be worth the stress now, when I am having a blast in Disney!"

Looks liek you'll have quite the rush to finish getting ready! But you can do it ;) As for the photo, sounds like a Photobucket issue. I hate uploading photos there because it always does something with the color. It usually desaturates mine which drives me bonkers. I gave up on putting my photos there and now use Flickr except for my signatures and other graphics I try out.

Thanks Jessica. I was wondering if Flickr was any better then photobucket. I'll have to check it out because my photos are always either weird colours or totally washed out and its driving me nuts! Nuts I tell you! :headache:

LOL!

I'm not sure it was a Holiday Inn.. could have been after it was a Travelodge! :confused3 Some of those hotels change names and owner's frequently... I do know their is a Starbucks accross the street, though!:banana:
You better get packing! Literally! Enjoy the Hot date though!
I had a crush on NPH too, and I love Anderson Cooper, he has such a dry sense of humor....

It very well may have been a Travelodge at some point. I think it must have not been a real profitable property being a little away from the action on the other side of the highway. I love that its a real short walk but away from the craziness.

Packing is about to commence! Woot! :thumbsup2

I do that. I tell myself that I have a ton of time to get ready and then at the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Just take a deep breath and it will all get done.

I am the queen of procrastination and wear my tiara proudly! lol!

Today is the day to get ready! Woot! About to start packing.....maybe.....:rotfl:

Good luck! I can totally relate to panic. I have just 8 days and am going crazy! :rotfl2: We are flying out of BLI shortly after you as well. I have lists everywhere and I am checking and re-checking the plans/budget and is everything in the bags?!? Is the dogs sitters (yes, I have 2 sitters for 5 dogs) confirmed? The lists go on and on. My mantra is "this is will be worth the stress now, when I am having a blast in Disney!"

Oh ya, the pre-trip panic is one thing I know all too well. I'm fine when I travel by myself but adding the kids to the mix just throws me right off my game.

Are you flying Alligant as well?

Disney Trips Of Long Ago

So here's the deal.....I leave in less the 24 hours and have done essentially nothing to get ready so what do I do? I hang out online of course! :rotfl:

I figure it really is the best use of my time at the moment! :rolleyes1

Anyways.....how about a little trip down memory lane?

Disneyworld in the rain

IMG_8110.jpg

Waiting for dinner at the Poly

IMG_8040.jpg

Playing around at Epcot. I love the CM in the background! Photo bomb!

IMG_8026.jpg

My girlies

IMG_7894.jpg

Crappy fireworks photo

IMG_7870.jpg

Us....

IMG_7748.jpg

Tink and Cinderella

scan0012.jpg

Belle and I

scan0006.jpg

Awwww.....they were so little....on the Peoplemovers

scan0001.jpg

The girls got to open AK one year as part of the Year of Dreams thingy....

IMG_7466.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

Tink

IMG_8823.jpg

Ariel's Grotto a long, long time ago

IMG_4241.jpg

It really is Tough To Be A Bug!

IMG_3955.jpg

Okay....I will leave you with that for now. I really do need to go pack and apparently check in! Wow - under 24 hours!

If you see me on here kick me off. Tell me you don't like me and I need to go away! lol!

Seriously.

If I'm on here - I shouldn't be! lol!

Later gators!

Love the photos! And the procrastination, haha. I hope now you're very busy getting ready and don't come back! Shoo! ;)

:rotfl: You sound just like me! I have to leave my laptop on until the minute before I walk out the door and I'm back and forth the entire time. It's horrible.

Get busy and have a good trip!! I can hardly wait to hear all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter