The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

Hey folks, it is 9 days! I'm in SINGLE DIGITS!:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I realized I need to get crackin' in the back to school department. I am gone August 21-26 and the kids start school the 27th. I think I need to get moving this week on school supplies and clothes! So this afternoon before the kid's dentist apppointments we are hitting Staples and the Mall for a few things.

I emailed my friend in FL the ADR for our Cape May Dinner reservation. So that can be checked off my list. I already moved my Disney Reward Dollars over to my card so that is all set. That should cover all my food I think. I went through menus and tried to guesstimate what I might get.

Well I am battling with myself over whether I should run right now. I *should* go out there. I just don't really want to. :confused3 But I should. It was raining but it looks like it is clearing. Side note, we have had such a rain, thunderstorm filled summer this year in New England, really crummy actually. Back to running, I guess I'll make this short and go change into my running clothes. I know I'll feel better if I do. *sigh*. Any runners out there? When do you start to love it? I'm going on 8 months and not feeling the :love: quite yet.

Make it a good one!

Allyson:wizard:

Nine days!!!! Yay! :dance3:

Good for you keeping up with the running! I did a 5K a couple of years ago but didn't keep up with the running afterwards. Just never felt the love. I should try it again. Maybe running a Disneyworld event would motivate me! Keep on going...you're doing great! :thumbsup2

Hi Allyson! I haven't posted much on your PTR, but I've really been enjoying it! :goodvibes

I'm an injured runner right now...but I must say that as long as I was running...I never truly loved it. I like the feeling afterward...and I liked how it transformed my body. I also loved that it was something I always thought I couldn't do, but then did it. But I was never excited about getting out there to run. It was more about getting it over with. :laughing:

Enjoy the single digit dancing...I'll be dancing soon. :banana:

I have always wanted to be a runner, but I don't have the stamina for it. I'm hoping that if I can lose some more weight it will be easier. I recently heard something about 1 pound of weight being equal to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees.

I'm so excited for you - single digits! Thursday it'll be exactly one month for me. I'm almost ready to start on my 30 day countdown calendar!

Single digit dance! Yippee!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :wizard: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

And good for you on the running - keeping going even when you don't "quite" love it. I look for any excuse - it's raining, I'm tired, it's Tuesday...

Back to school shopping should keep you busy and before you know it you'll be on your way!!

What will you be doing 9 nights from now? :goodvibes

Hi Allyson!
Sorry to be so vanish-y this summer. I'm home now (at least for a while) so I'm here for the big countdown, anyhow!

Back-to-school - good luck with all that shopping. I never buy pants for the kids until it gets cold enough they actually need them. Even so, last year, I believe I ended up buying 2 sizes for my bean-sprout 3rd grader. Very good idea to get everything all pre-prepared before your trip. Cause otherwise, how would they get their Crayolas, right? I'm going to get with the program on that as well! You are setting a good example.

And you know I have had to hold myself back from just leaping right into the running talk, right? :)

I don't think there is a definite answer for how long it is before people start to love running. If they do at all, I think it is pretty individual. And to some degree, I think it is based on a couple of things. All I can tell you is my experience. I think my enjoyment of running built gradually with several events, but on some level, it is a thing that you have to consciously build and maintain.

I don't know exactly what order these things happened in, but I do think they all contributed to my overall enjoyment of running:

1. Getting to a place where I had an aerobic and muscular base where every run wasn't a matter of PUSHING myself so much. When I realized that I had a pace at which I could run and still recover from a faster pace, or a pace that I could run at for what felt like forever, the elusive "Happy Pace," that made a huge difference. I'm guessing that every runner dislikes some runs - for some it's speed work, repeats, hills, particular weather, that new mile in a distance run, even. But at some point, I found the running that I was able to enjoy. For me, it's the distance and the "happy pace" and if they're combined with good weather or lovely scenery, so much the better.

2. My first race. And my second race. And my third. And.....the prospect of the next race on the horizon. It's not that I ever stand a whole lot of chance of ever winning so much as my age group, but there is something about running in a group of people, something about pulling out the stops, but slowly and consistently over a distance, and something about accomplishing the FINISH line at a given event. The energy from the other people. The energy from myself. The pride in accomplishment. It adds up for me.

3. Call it brainwashing if you want, but I prefer to call it Intentional Positive Association. I celebrate every little victory and let the disappointments go. If I run all the way up a particular hill that I've always had to walk partway, that's cause for celebration! In fact, I think that was part of what worked for me about C25K - every single workout was cause for a mini-mental celebration. A "Way to go, me!" Reading a bunch of the John Bingham books about running really set me on this track - feeling proud of running pretty slowly. It was like a veil had been lifted. :rotfl:

4. This repetitive positive thought and the regular activity has really spilled over into my whole life. When I started running, I started to have the strength not only to celebrate the good things, but to shut down the negative thoughts I used to habitually come up with. I don't know that this is the case with everyone, but for me, the more miles I ran, the happier I felt in the rest of my life, which translated to feeling good about the running. Even when the running doesn't feel so good.

5. The other thing that happened to me at some point was that the ability to zone out during a run actually increased and improved. I was talking to my running friend/mentor about that recently and how that's one of the things that starts to slip when you take a break from running - but I love that ability to sort of zone out and mentally relax. I'm not quite sure when that started to happen, though.

6. Finding the right music helps a lot, too. Sometimes I want a driving techno beat. Sometimes a mellow reggae beat. The right music makes a huge difference to finding the right groove or finding the power to dig deep.

Sorry that your weather has been so rough this summer. I have to admit that part of my happiness with running in all conditions probably has something to do with my gore-tek enhanced running shoes. :) Nothing worse than wet feet, IMO! Hope the weather clears up for you soon. And if it doesn't - well, you'll be in Florida soon enough! :goodvibes

Hi Allyson! Enjoyed your pre-trippie! I took my first solo in March (at age 39 as well!!!:thumbsup2 ) - I stayed at ASMu first night, then Pop for four nights, had an AP, and had the best time of my life! I took the solo trip for all the same reasons you are - my family goes every year, and although I can get away for an afternoon on my own, it's just not the same as being able to get up when I want, go where I want, eat where I want, stop where I want, relax in my room alone when I want and so on.......
It was awesome, you will love it. I love my kids and DH, and enjoy our family Disney vacations every year, but I will definitely be planning another solo in the future!
Enjoy, and I can't wait to read your trip report!:goodvibes

Nine days!!!! Yay! :dance3:

Good for you keeping up with the running! I did a 5K a couple of years ago but didn't keep up with the running afterwards. Just never felt the love. I should try it again. Maybe running a Disneyworld event would motivate me! Keep on going...you're doing great!
That was my thought, if I'm going to attempt this it's got to be Disney! I'll only do it for the Mouse! LOL!

Single Digit Dance
Yes dance away!

Hi Allyson! I haven't posted much on your PTR, but I've really been enjoying it!

I'm an injured runner right now...but I must say that as long as I was running...I never truly loved it. I like the feeling afterward...and I liked how it transformed my body. I also loved that it was something I always thought I couldn't do, but then did it. But I was never excited about getting out there to run. It was more about getting it over with. :laughing:

Enjoy the single digit dancing...I'll be dancing soon. :banana:
Thanks for posting! And I can relate to your explanation on running. That is kind of how I feel right now. I'm liking the much firmer legs I have than I did 9 months ago but I really do it more to be done than because I can't wait to get out there and hit the road. I do find it interesting how some people I guess do grow to really truly love it.

I have always wanted to be a runner, but I don't have the stamina for it. I'm hoping that if I can lose some more weight it will be easier. I recently heard something about 1 pound of weight being equal to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees.

I'm so excited for you - single digits! Thursday it'll be exactly one month for me. I'm almost ready to start on my 30 day countdown calendar!
Yeah, the 30 day mark is very exciting! Makes it feel all the more real! I didn't think I would be a runner. I *never* ran, not in High School or anything. I started using the Couch to 5K program and it really has been an interesting journey. I am finding running is not just physical but so much mental.

Single digit dance! Yippee!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :wizard: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

And good for you on the running - keeping going even when you don't "quite" love it. I look for any excuse - it's raining, I'm tired, it's Tuesday...

Back to school shopping should keep you busy and before you know it you'll be on your way!!

What will you be doing 9 nights from now? :goodvibes
The Macarena may be fun but nothing beats the Single Digit Dance! And let's see one week from now I'll be frantically finishing packing I am sure! And 8 days from now I will be, oh I don't know, maybe I'll be riding POTC! Capt Jack here I come!

Hi Allyson!
Sorry to be so vanish-y this summer. I'm home now (at least for a while) so I'm here for the big countdown, anyhow!

Back-to-school - good luck with all that shopping. I never buy pants for the kids until it gets cold enough they actually need them. Even so, last year, I believe I ended up buying 2 sizes for my bean-sprout 3rd grader. Very good idea to get everything all pre-prepared before your trip. Cause otherwise, how would they get their Crayolas, right? I'm going to get with the program on that as well! You are setting a good example.

And you know I have had to hold myself back from just leaping right into the running talk, right? :)

I don't think there is a definite answer for how long it is before people start to love running. If they do at all, I think it is pretty individual. And to some degree, I think it is based on a couple of things. All I can tell you is my experience. I think my enjoyment of running built gradually with several events, but on some level, it is a thing that you have to consciously build and maintain.

I don't know exactly what order these things happened in, but I do think they all contributed to my overall enjoyment of running:

1. Getting to a place where I had an aerobic and muscular base where every run wasn't a matter of PUSHING myself so much. When I realized that I had a pace at which I could run and still recover from a faster pace, or a pace that I could run at for what felt like forever, the elusive "Happy Pace," that made a huge difference. I'm guessing that every runner dislikes some runs - for some it's speed work, repeats, hills, particular weather, that new mile in a distance run, even. But at some point, I found the running that I was able to enjoy. For me, it's the distance and the "happy pace" and if they're combined with good weather or lovely scenery, so much the better.

2. My first race. And my second race. And my third. And.....the prospect of the next race on the horizon. It's not that I ever stand a whole lot of chance of ever winning so much as my age group, but there is something about running in a group of people, something about pulling out the stops, but slowly and consistently over a distance, and something about accomplishing the FINISH line at a given event. The energy from the other people. The energy from myself. The pride in accomplishment. It adds up for me.

3. Call it brainwashing if you want, but I prefer to call it Intentional Positive Association. I celebrate every little victory and let the disappointments go. If I run all the way up a particular hill that I've always had to walk partway, that's cause for celebration! In fact, I think that was part of what worked for me about C25K - every single workout was cause for a mini-mental celebration. A "Way to go, me!" Reading a bunch of the John Bingham books about running really set me on this track - feeling proud of running pretty slowly. It was like a veil had been lifted. :rotfl:

4. This repetitive positive thought and the regular activity has really spilled over into my whole life. When I started running, I started to have the strength not only to celebrate the good things, but to shut down the negative thoughts I used to habitually come up with. I don't know that this is the case with everyone, but for me, the more miles I ran, the happier I felt in the rest of my life, which translated to feeling good about the running. Even when the running doesn't feel so good.

5. The other thing that happened to me at some point was that the ability to zone out during a run actually increased and improved. I was talking to my running friend/mentor about that recently and how that's one of the things that starts to slip when you take a break from running - but I love that ability to sort of zone out and mentally relax. I'm not quite sure when that started to happen, though.

6. Finding the right music helps a lot, too. Sometimes I want a driving techno beat. Sometimes a mellow reggae beat. The right music makes a huge difference to finding the right groove or finding the power to dig deep.

Sorry that your weather has been so rough this summer. I have to admit that part of my happiness with running in all conditions probably has something to do with my gore-tek enhanced running shoes. :) Nothing worse than wet feet, IMO! Hope the weather clears up for you soon. And if it doesn't - well, you'll be in Florida soon enough! :goodvibes
Thank you for your words of wisdom wise one! See I don't think I've achieved that Happy Pace yet. It is still a struggle for me and I don't ever finish and think that was easy or pleasant or anything like that. I worked on the C25K up through week 5 but I did each week twice so 10 weeks. Then I hit the wall. I couldn't sustain more than 16 minutes straight without a walk break and I was supposed to be doing 20. I was so frustrated. So after about 6 attempts I quit the program. I did the 5K in June and that was such an exhilerating thing. My first ever race! Now I have been reading Bingham and have decided to go with his R/W plan for the Half. In early July I started doing 3R/2W and it seems to have improved my time and it works better for me than anything else I had been doing. But, and this is weird to me, it is like I have conditioned myself to hit that 3 minutes and need to stop now. Is this possible? I mean before I could run a straight 16 minutes without needing to stop and take a walk break and now, I don't think I could. It is like I see that I'm at 3 minutes and I must stop. It is weird. Anyway, I guess I just hope that someday it becomes something I maybe truly like to do and not just do to get it over with. I do like the results, I feel better and DH has commented on my legs being more toned and such :rolleyes1 so that is a nice benefit of all this. I'll admit though the real training for the Half looks daunting. I hope I can do it. If I can't finish this race in January and wear that Donald medal I think I will cry.:sad2:

And music, HUGE! I agree with you! Right now I have about 5 songs on my iPod (yes 5. I have an old shuffle and I hate having non running songs on there when I run because I don't want to keep scrolling through.)So I have only 6 songs that I really like to run to and I just listen to them over and over.

Rihanna-Please Don't Stop the Music
David Cook-Time of My Life
Melissa Etheridge-Run for Life
Fall Out Boy-Thanks for the Memories
Christina Aguilera-Stronger

I really need to try and find a few more, I'm just too darn picky. I will say Thanks for the Memories is the PERFECT beat for my pace, just perfect.

Thanks for posting, missed you!

Hi Allyson! Enjoyed your pre-trippie! I took my first solo in March (at age 39 as well!!!:thumbsup2 ) - I stayed at ASMu first night, then Pop for four nights, had an AP, and had the best time of my life! I took the solo trip for all the same reasons you are - my family goes every year, and although I can get away for an afternoon on my own, it's just not the same as being able to get up when I want, go where I want, eat where I want, stop where I want, relax in my room alone when I want and so on.......
It was awesome, you will love it. I love my kids and DH, and enjoy our family Disney vacations every year, but I will definitely be planning another solo in the future!
Enjoy, and I can't wait to read your trip report!:goodvibes
Oh that is so cool, another solo Mom traveller! I am so glad that you loved it! Did you do a trippie? Were there any times you found it awkward or lonely? Did you do any TS? How were those eating alone?

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Yeah for single digits!!!
You know it! LOL!

Allyson:surfweb:

8 days till Disney! Tomorrow will be one week! EEEK!

Today I got some cheapy disposable ponchos to take along. I didn't want to have to carry a regular one around with me all wet so I went with the .99 cent ones. I also got a few little toiletry items that I needed, some deoderant and toothpaste and a razor and some ziplocs. Fun fun stuff! I also got 2 new white t-shirts. I'm a pretty plain dresser, plain Ts and shorts, usually in some shade of khaki, are my normal summer wardrobe. Some say boring, I like to think classic. ;) And my white Ts were looking a little ragged so I got a few new ones.

I printed off a list of all my ADRs and my KTTK Tour confirmation number. I need to jot down the cell numbers of the friends I am meeting up with and I think I'm set for my documents. I still need to photocopy my ticket just for safekeeping. And get some singles for tips. And make tip envelopes. I guess I do have a few things to do!

I put a hold on the mail today, since Grumpy and company are going to be gone too. And I reminded my boss that I'll be gone. I'm off August 21-Sept 3 actually so that will be nice!

And now the weather checking has begun. Though it is still kind of early. Right now looking hot with rain. Isn't that pretty much every day in the summer? Someone alerted me to the fact though that there are 2 waves waaay out in the ocean that they are watching to see if they form storms. Let's pray for no Tropical Storms/Hurricanes next week okay? That would put a big damper on things! AAUUGGHH!

I'm really getting excited now, a week out! I kind of can't believe I'm really doing this. Tonight we went to a free band concert the next town over on their common. It was a Jimmy Buffet cover band, pretty good actually. At one point it was getting dark and Grumpy went to gather up the kids who were dancing up towards the front. I sat there alone but surrounded by lots of people and just looked around and thought "This is what it will be like". And you know, no one started at me like "Oh she's all alone that poor woman" and it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. I just have been so excited yet having those little doubts like "Are you crazy? What have you done?"! LOL!

Okay rambling now! I have decided to forego the mani/pedi at the salon and give it the old Do It Yourself job so that is on my agenda for this next week as well. And I did free some LGMH yesterday at Home Depot so those are just waiting to be made into Baggalini tags.

I'm going to Disney in 8 days!!!!!!

Woo hoo, Allyson! See? You will be FINE. :) I always think that people at Disney are so busy with their own stuff, who has time to scrutinize the occasional solitary person? The person wearing crazy shoes? Definitely. But we split up often enough at WDW that I don't think anything about anyone else on their own, whether they be the fastpass getter, the solo traveler, the parent who gets to go and ride Everest by themselves while the other one rides those baby dinosaurs with the kids 5 times,! Unless they are wearing crazy shoes or something. J/K....... Oh, you are going to have so much fun! Not that there aren't likely to be some missing-the-kids moments or surreal-to-be-here-by-myself moments. However, as a seasoned mom, I feel certain that you will be well able to tolerate and rise above any such instances. :thumbsup2

The Running. (Does this take us OT from pre-trip-planning?) I must say is quite an adventure - you're right that SO much of it is mental. Incredible how much, at times. Oh, and you are cracking me up with this "wise one" business. I hope I'm not being overly knowing or pompous or something.

Personally, I really did well with the C25K program, but - I actually dropped out of the program too and kind of did my own thing somewhere around the start of week 7. I personally believe that it goes too darned fast into the longer runs. I imagine some people can drop the walk break just like THAT, but I needed to keep it in there longer and build up a little more slowly to 30 minutes straight and then 5K straight. It sounds like the R/W is working for you for now and that's what counts - the best is when things seem right and still push your limits a bit. Comfortable exertion.

Sounds like you got a taste of what I was talking about with your first 5K - it's quite an experience. And one you may want to repeat before the Half, as well. A good running friend told me that every race I start is a valuable experience. My pre-race jitters, for instance, used to be a lot, lot worse. Fall is a great time for races too. I envy your location in scenic New England in the Fall.

I have to check out your favorite music for running. I have to admit, though 6 songs....you may have sucked most of the juice out of them already, IYKWIM? I am going to share with you my bestest songs too. And may are unconventional, but they work for me right now, anyhow. Do you ever feel like you don't know for SURE if a song works for running until you are running to it and then the test is - skip or not skip?

Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
Holiday - Greenday
The Safety Dance - Men w/o hats
Time Machine - The Click Five
New Soul - Yael Naim
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (The best Happy Pace Song Ever)
Here it Goes Again -OKgo

and, most embarassingly:
The Hamster Dance - Hampton the Hamster - I can't explain it.

Maybe one of them will work for you too?
And FINALLY, in my long, long running digression - you WILL be able to do the training, incredible as it looks now. And there is every reason, if you can get to the start line trained and healthy, that you WILL cross that finish line - I won't be surprised when it happens. :cool2:

Back to your planning - it sounds like you've got everything under control but the weather! All any of us can do for that is watch and wait and hope and pray, I guess.:flower3:

Great PTR. My condolences on the dog. I was a SWA newbie in July and lived. :)

I have those cheap ponchos as well...I think I have like 4 of 'em (I am bringing extras for my roomie at the end of the trip), and then I don't even have to bring them home with me if i use 'em I can chuck 'em!

I leave in 4 days (it's almost midnight!) and it really isn't sinking in yet. I think the weirdest solo part for me will be flying alone...at least thats what i'm telling myself!

. I sat there alone but surrounded by lots of people and just looked around and thought "This is what it will be like". And you know, no one started at me like "Oh she's all alone that poor woman" and it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. I just have been so excited yet having those little doubts like "Are you crazy? What have you done?"! LOL!

My experience was people who said anything it was more along the line of how did you get so lucky. I am sure if you sat somewhere looking sad :sad1: and depressed it would be different but I am sure that will not happen.

We leave on Monday but DD7 has an ear infection, so she is not to swim, I can see my plans of a resort, non park vacation falling apart I better come up with a park schedule.

Have a great trip and cannot wait to read your report. Thanks for taking the time to write a report.

Lisa

Hope you have a great time - and come back with lots of good tips for me.

JK, but not really. ;)

Traci

Allyson! I am just getting caught up and I can't believe how close you are now!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

And I have also been running a bit more lately... I go to the gym 4 times a week on my lunch break and either do 2 miles on the elliptical or 2 miles on the treadmill. A girlfriend of mine convinced me to do a 5K in October so I figured I better get started! (not to mention it's been great building my energy and endurance right before 6 days at Disney!) ;)

I agree with you and Corinna, it is all about the music as to how much I can do. A few of my favorites are:

Fergilicious - Fergie
Lose My Breath - Beyonce
I Got It From My Mama - Will.I.Am
Shut Up and Drive - Rihanna

All very upbeat - hard not to push harder listening to these!! :cheer2:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are getting things together. I was getting super worried about the back-to-school shopping this past weekend and just went out and got it all done. Whew! One less thing to worry about. I hope you get all of yours done so you can just sit back and enjoy your wonderful solo trip!! :woohoo:

By the way, I just read a bit ago that All Ears posted a new dinner menu for Kona...it looks wonderful still, but I thought you may want to have a look (because if you're anything like me, you'll want to know your options!!)

TTFN... :goodvibes

WOW! Where the heck have I been?:confused3 I hope you have an AMAZING trip!:thumbsup2 I will pray for good weather and I cannot wait to hear ALL about it when you get back!:goodvibes

6 days! I am SO excited for you and cannot wait to hear every last detail of your trip. You're going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

Woo hoo, Allyson! See? You will be FINE. :) I always think that people at Disney are so busy with their own stuff, who has time to scrutinize the occasional solitary person? The person wearing crazy shoes?

The Running. (Does this take us OT from pre-trip-planning?) I must say is quite an adventure - you're right that SO much of it is mental. Incredible how much, at times. Oh, and you are cracking me up with this "wise one" business. I hope I'm not being overly knowing or pompous or something.

Sounds like you got a taste of what I was talking about with your first 5K - it's quite an experience. And one you may want to repeat before the Half, as well. A good running friend told me that every race I start is a valuable experience. My pre-race jitters, for instance, used to be a lot, lot worse. Fall is a great time for races too. I envy your location in scenic New England in the Fall.

I have to check out your favorite music for running. I have to admit, though 6 songs....you may have sucked most of the juice out of them already, IYKWIM? I am going to share with you my bestest songs too. And may are unconventional, but they work for me right now, anyhow. Do you ever feel like you don't know for SURE if a song works for running until you are running to it and then the test is - skip or not skip?

Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
Holiday - Greenday
The Safety Dance - Men w/o hats
Time Machine - The Click Five
New Soul - Yael Naim
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (The best Happy Pace Song Ever)
Here it Goes Again -OKgo

and, most embarassingly:
The Hamster Dance - Hampton the Hamster - I can't explain it.

Maybe one of them will work for you too?
And FINALLY, in my long, long running digression - you WILL be able to do the training, incredible as it looks now. And there is every reason, if you can get to the start line trained and healthy, that you WILL cross that finish line - I won't be surprised when it happens. :cool2:

Back to your planning - it sounds like you've got everything under control but the weather! All any of us can do for that is watch and wait and hope and pray, I guess.:flower3:

Good news is I don't have crazy shoes. At least I don't think I do! LOL!

I appreciate so much your running advice! I have found you WISHers to be a HUGE help to me this year being so new to this. I'll have to check out some of your songs too but Safety Dance? I don't know if I can do it. I'm an 80s music chick but man that one might be tough. I just picture that really goofy girl tilting her head in the camera during the video *shudder*

And DH and I are hoping to do another local 5K in October. I am REALLY excited about fall and the weather cooling. I think it will be nice to run here in October!

Great PTR. My condolences on the dog. I was a SWA newbie in July and lived. :)

I have those cheap ponchos as well...I think I have like 4 of 'em (I am bringing extras for my roomie at the end of the trip), and then I don't even have to bring them home with me if i use 'em I can chuck 'em!

I leave in 4 days (it's almost midnight!) and it really isn't sinking in yet. I think the weirdest solo part for me will be flying alone...at least thats what i'm telling myself!
Bring a good book or some tunes. I used to fly alone all the time going to and from college and I kind of enjoy that part!

My experience was people who said anything it was more along the line of how did you get so lucky. I am sure if you sat somewhere looking sad :sad1: and depressed it would be different but I am sure that will not happen.

We leave on Monday but DD7 has an ear infection, so she is not to swim, I can see my plans of a resort, non park vacation falling apart I better come up with a park schedule.

Have a great trip and cannot wait to read your report. Thanks for taking the time to write a report.

Lisa
Oh I hope your DD feels better! Not a good time to have to stay out of the water. Well if you do the parks next week and you see someone you think is me (LOL, in crowds of thousands) say HI!

Hope you have a great time - and come back with lots of good tips for me.

JK, but not really. ;)

Traci
I'm always here for your Disney Planning Traci!

Allyson! I am just getting caught up and I can't believe how close you are now!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

And I have also been running a bit more lately... I go to the gym 4 times a week on my lunch break and either do 2 miles on the elliptical or 2 miles on the treadmill. A girlfriend of mine convinced me to do a 5K in October so I figured I better get started! (not to mention it's been great building my energy and endurance right before 6 days at Disney!) ;)

I agree with you and Corinna, it is all about the music as to how much I can do. A few of my favorites are:

Fergilicious - Fergie
Lose My Breath - Beyonce
I Got It From My Mama - Will.I.Am
Shut Up and Drive - Rihanna

All very upbeat - hard not to push harder listening to these!! :cheer2:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are getting things together. I was getting super worried about the back-to-school shopping this past weekend and just went out and got it all done. Whew! One less thing to worry about. I hope you get all of yours done so you can just sit back and enjoy your wonderful solo trip!! :woohoo:

By the way, I just read a bit ago that All Ears posted a new dinner menu for Kona...it looks wonderful still, but I thought you may want to have a look (because if you're anything like me, you'll want to know your options!!)

TTFN... :goodvibes
I saw that the Filet is gone! It looks like Beef Teriyaki for me. I am not getting the disappearing filet thing. It is not just Kona. I can understand maybe they lose money on the DDP with it but what about people who pay OOP and really want a filet? It is usually the only type of steak I order out. Now the big decision is Creme Brulee or Chocolate Fondue? And good for you on the running! You should check out the WISH Events board here on the DIS. Lots of great encouragement there for running and walking!

6 DAYS!
:
Thank you! Down to 5 now!

WOW! Where the heck have I been?:confused3 I hope you have an AMAZING trip!:thumbsup2 I will pray for good weather and I cannot wait to hear ALL about it when you get back!:goodvibes
I don't know but I'm glad you came back! Getting close and nervous about Tropical Storm Fay!

6 days! I am SO excited for you and cannot wait to hear every last detail of your trip. You're going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes
I sure do hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter