The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

Hi again Allyson,

My son JB wanted to say a couple of words to Bashful:

Hi Bashful,

This is JB and I just wanted to tell you sorry about your dog Sterling. I know something that might cheer you up. Have you heard of Club Penguin? It's on the Disney website and you can have your own penguin, and you can dress it up, and talk to other penguins, and play games. If you go on there, you can request me to be your friend. My penguin's name is WTES123. If you tell my mom when you will be on then I will go on and talk to you.

Sorry again,
JB

Can I tell you that this just made me cry??? Even two months later... Reading through you having to put him down was terrible and heartbreaking. Bu tto read that this child reached out like that... WOW!!!! Pisces Angel: you are doing one hell of a job!!!

Sorry about sterling, hope everyone is as over it as they can possibly be....

*Buy postcard stamps. And are there postcard stamps for Canada? Two of my Fairygodmailer kids are Canadian. My plan is to buy the cards and write them out while eating at Kona on Friday night.

Chiming in about the postcard stamps: all you need to do is tell the CM/ person at the counter that you are sending the cards to Canada. They will just give you additional stamps to cover the additional postage required; there are no special stamps per se.

Let me say, I think it's awesome that you are traveling by yourself! I'd love to do that someday, but people look at me funny (as if I'm a loner or something!) and ask why I would want to do it... oh well, maybe some day!:)

. *Show DH how to check me in online for Southwest. I won't have my laptop and for my return I am hoping he can just go online and do it for me. I've never flown Southwest. If he screws it up (he'll be up in Maine and I can totally see him forgetting) and I end up in C how bad is that? A middle seat?

I found a small mister and tiny fan that I bought at CVS the other day. I also ordered a Chilly Pad tonight. I figure I can use it when running and working out but I think I might bring it on the trip too. It is a towel that you wet and wring and it stays cold for a few hours. To reactivate you just wet and wring again. It can keep you cool without dripping water all over you. A friend recommended it to me.

And as far as packing, I've never gone in August. mkmommy recommended extra outfits and that sounds smart. I would imagine feeling hot and sweaty it would be nice to change in the afternoon. I was thinking of bringing one sweatshirt in case it is cool in the AC. Would you? I do tend to get cold if I'm in frigid AC. I might even pack a pair of capris, I do wear them all summer long. And I guess mostly Ts and tank tops for shirts.

Allyson:surfweb:

The Dolphin has an airport kiosk in the lobby that you can online checkin and print out your boarding pass. If that isn't available at your hotel, I'm sure the concierge desk will do it for you.:)

Make sure you pack your Chilly Pad in your checked luggage. They have some sort of gel in them and security confiscated my sister's three brand new ones! :eek:

As far as clothing in August - we just came back from a week in June - it was HOT. I can't stand to be hot, and this year brought sleeveless crepe like material tops and I felt great. Cotton tshirts made me extremely warm in June during past trips. I carried a light sweatshirt in the evenings a few times and I think I might have used it only once.

Have a GREAT TRIP!! :cool1:

Allyson - Pop has Check in at the lobby. NOt sure if SOuthwest participates though.

I can't believe that in less than two weeks you are headed to WDW! :banana: I am so excited for you!

I hope you are enjoying the Cape this weekend and that the weather is cooperating!

Can I tell you that this just made me cry??? Even two months later... Reading through you having to put him down was terrible and heartbreaking. Bu tto read that this child reached out like that... WOW!!!! Pisces Angel: you are doing one hell of a job!!!

You just made my day! Yes, I am very proud of my son and I appreciate your kind words. :goodvibes

EEEKK! I'm so excited for you!! It'll be here before you know it!
Thanks! Yes it is fast approaching! I am looking forward to getting to meet Fiona!

Just read your entire PTR. Have a wonderful time. I took notice because your birthday is the same as mine October 1st!!! :goodvibes
Hey another 10/1 baby! Thanks for joining us here!

Wow lots of October birthdays, mine in Oct 3.

I get cold all the time and I wear a fleece sweater at work pretty much all year long and I did not find the restaurants cold. I did take a sweatshirt and did not use it. I did take a light windbreaker in the evenings, and it was nice for the bus ride to the park in the afternoon as the busses were usually empty and cooler, but the evenings in general were so nice temperature wise.

Have a nice weekend.
Thanks for the info on AC when you went. And another early October baby!

We must be pretty closer to each other, geographically...
Well your thing says South Coast, I'm actually west of Worcester. So same state!

Thank you, we are doing well. We miss him of course, he was a quirky but good boy.:lovestruc

Chiming in about the postcard stamps: all you need to do is tell the CM/ person at the counter that you are sending the cards to Canada. They will just give you additional stamps to cover the additional postage required; there are no special stamps per se.

Let me say, I think it's awesome that you are traveling by yourself! I'd love to do that someday, but people look at me funny (as if I'm a loner or something!) and ask why I would want to do it... oh well, maybe some day!:)
Thanks for the tips on the stamps! I don't ever have a need to mail things to Canada so I wasn't sure. And you know, I just don't think most people "get" going to Disney alone. Only DISers do, I'm pretty convinced. So I just haven't told many people IRL. It is just easier that way! LOL!

The Dolphin has an airport kiosk in the lobby that you can online checkin and print out your boarding pass. If that isn't available at your hotel, I'm sure the concierge desk will do it for you.:)

Make sure you pack your Chilly Pad in your checked luggage. They have some sort of gel in them and security confiscated my sister's three brand new ones! :eek:

As far as clothing in August - we just came back from a week in June - it was HOT. I can't stand to be hot, and this year brought sleeveless crepe like material tops and I felt great. Cotton tshirts made me extremely warm in June during past trips. I carried a light sweatshirt in the evenings a few times and I think I might have used it only once.

Have a GREAT TRIP!! :cool1:
Thank you so much for the Chilly Pad tip, I would not have thought about that! And for your clothing comments. I have a few sleeveless tops I should pack for sure.

Just catching up and woohooo it's nearly time to go :yay: Love all your plans :thumbsup2
I know, it is getting close! YAHOO!

Allyson - Pop has Check in at the lobby. NOt sure if SOuthwest participates though.
Thank you!

I can't believe that in less than two weeks you are headed to WDW! :banana: I am so excited for you!

I hope you are enjoying the Cape this weekend and that the weather is cooperating!
It actually ended up being gorgeous weather!

2 weeks?!? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: You're really in the home stretch now! It's going to fly by!!! :wizard:
11 more days!

11 days! And really it is after 9pm and I'll be hitting bed soon so it really is more like 10 days right? Fuzzy Disney Math, love it!

Weekend was good. I had the work trip to the Cape Friday-Saturday. The weather ended up being quite nice to our suprise. We had lunch, walked around the shops at Chatham and visited a beach briefly. We had dinner at the house and the next day we left pretty early to beat traffic.

Last night I took Belle and Bashful to the American Idol show. Our seats were awesome! We were about 15 feet from the side stage and saw them all up close and personal. It was a lot of fun! It was a 3 hour show with about a 25 minute intermission so I felt like we got our money's worth for the gajillion dollars these tickets cost me. In a nutshell for you AI fans:

Chikesie (sp?): he was okay
Ramielle: very forgettable
Michael Johns: very hot, great voice, good stage presence
Kristy Lee Cook: very comfortable on stage, could see her doing well with Country music
Carlie Smithson: not my fave on the show at all but she was incredible live, very strong stage presence, powerful voice, good set
Brooke White: Sounded great, could see her doing well in her adult contemporary kind of niche
Jason Castro: As sweet of a face he has, he has no stage presence. The little girls loved him but he is just, well, blah on stage.
Syesha: Total diva vibe going on, could see her succeeding on Broadway
David Archuleta: Great sound, the crowd adored him, he seemed so genuinely humble

And the man we all waited for...

David CookBig dreamy rockin' sigh. He was great. He is a STAR already. He has that star quality, he looks so comfortable on stage but not full of himself, just confident. He sounded great, he looked like he was having a ball and he was just so stinkin' cool. I screamed like a 16 year old, I'll admit it.

So definately a great show, a lot of fun and just cool to see and hear them all in person!

Today we decided spur of the moment to go into Boston. We bought tickets for one of those trolleys that go all around the city and you can get off and on and see different things. The drivers are funny and tell you bits of history and such and like to ask people where they are from. People around us are like "Canada", "France", "Minnesota" and we are like "Umm, Massachusetts" ! LOL! It was fun though, we don't spend much time in the city and it was cool to show the kids things like where Paul Revere road and the Old State House and such. We spent some time on Old Ironsides as well as a WWII battleship that was hit of the day. We wandered around Quincy Market and just had a really fun time despite the driving rain that came on later in the day.

Okay, so on the Disney front. Let's see, nothing is new. As I said, this is that awkward time where yes you are getting closer but you have sort of done everything. Can't really pack, still have my list from the last post, but it is just a lot of waiting. And waiting. Ho hum.

10 ish more days till I leave. 2 weeks from right now I bet I'll be travelling from DHS to MK if I decide to go over for evening EMH. I've never done an evening EMH, heck we barely do late nights with the kids. I'm excited about it!

Ta ta for now!

LUCKY YOU!! AMERICAN IDOL TOUR SHOW!!!:cool1:

Archeletta was my fave. But I think thats my 'mothering instinct' :hug: kicking in.:lmao:

10 ish more days till I leave. 2 weeks from right now I bet I'll be travelling from DHS to MK if I decide to go over for evening EMH. I've never done an evening EMH, heck we barely do late nights with the kids. I'm excited about it!

Whoo hoo! :cool1:

Hey folks, it is 9 days! I'm in SINGLE DIGITS!:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I realized I need to get crackin' in the back to school department. I am gone August 21-26 and the kids start school the 27th. I think I need to get moving this week on school supplies and clothes! So this afternoon before the kid's dentist apppointments we are hitting Staples and the Mall for a few things.

I emailed my friend in FL the ADR for our Cape May Dinner reservation. So that can be checked off my list. I already moved my Disney Reward Dollars over to my card so that is all set. That should cover all my food I think. I went through menus and tried to guesstimate what I might get.

Well I am battling with myself over whether I should run right now. I *should* go out there. I just don't really want to. :confused3 But I should. It was raining but it looks like it is clearing. Side note, we have had such a rain, thunderstorm filled summer this year in New England, really crummy actually. Back to running, I guess I'll make this short and go change into my running clothes. I know I'll feel better if I do. *sigh*. Any runners out there? When do you start to love it? I'm going on 8 months and not feeling the :love: quite yet.

Make it a good one!

Allyson:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter