• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Ingredients for Pixie Dust, a June 2010 TR - 10/2 DIsney Halloween PTR started!

Great update. I really like the idea of spending time at DHS when it's dark out. It really is quite pretty with all the lights. I think I might have to remember that in September. :thumbsup2

I want to go to WCC so badly! I'm just worried it's one of those places we wouldn't get the biggest bang for our buck. :confused3

Oh do walk around one evening, I bet you and your hubby would enjoy that! You can get a frozen coke or an adult beverage and just walk around, or grab some bench on that main drag by TOT and people watch! I think it is really well lit and not crowded at night, which makes it a nice place to be.

The gals last fall were there very late one night, and their photos sold me. We were at DHS two different evenings, and enjoyed it tremendously.

Well, we were on the DDP, so it did give us a good value for our TS credits -- We only ate what they brought to us, you can ask for more, but we couldn't have eaten more. We did get one extra slab of ribs, but that was because the guys were eating them too! I would say it is a meal you have to be hungry for. Which is why we didn't have much of a lunch. I would say on free dining it would be good choice, or if you were on the DDP.

I love how DHS looks at night!! I don't think we've been there at night since we saw Fantasmic in 2006! That's one thing I'm looking forward to in February/March... early sunset... we'll get to experience more night time magic without having to stay up too late! :wizard:

I love the entrance of Epcot too!! :thumbsup2

Great updates!
The skillet at WCC is so yummy. And the bottomless milk shakes are the best.

Looks like you had a great Epcot morning. Hmmm, I have to try the QS place in Mexico. We had dinner at San Angel Inn in 2008 and hated it. Sounds like the QS place is better.

Great updates!
The skillet at WCC is so yummy. And the bottomless milk shakes are the best.

Looks like you had a great Epcot morning. Hmmm, I have to try the QS place in Mexico. We had dinner at San Angel Inn in 2008 and hated it. Sounds like the QS place is better.

Yes, WCC is very tasty! Sorry about San Angel Inn, though... we have eaten there twice and been quite happy with the food. :confused3 I think they have changed a few things recently.. the menu looked new (from Februrary) and they are serving regular chips vs. those puffy things.

I love the entrance music, I love walking past the fountain and the big COTTON BALL, as my DS5 named it, and there is something about the entrance to this park that is so unique! We really like it here, and we were excited to get there in the morning so we could get our rides in!

I love the entrance music as well! It's one of my favorite tracks to play on the Four Parks One World CD.

The wait was posted 30 minutes. But that wait was really long. I am not sure why it took so long, and usually we don’t wait in line, but this time we went ahead and did it and that was a BAD move. :sad2: It took easily 40 minutes. They didn't have a very good flow for the FP and regular line. Anyhow, we took a few photos to keep us occupied…

We have had a similar experience with Test Track -- that line can take FOREVER!

summer2010143.jpg

Looks like DH was having fun playing in the cars, too. ;)

Here is one big bug I have to scrape off the grill of my car...

summer2010144.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Love it!!!

Mmmm, the Mexican food sounds delish!!!

You are just churning out the updates!!! I am impressed!!!

Can't wait to see what you think of Tutto! I am really sad that we had to replace it with that dang Teppan Edo. I was looking forward to a repeat of my October meal there.

Another great update!

Your day at epcot sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing how the evening went!

Yes, WCC is very tasty! Sorry about San Angel Inn, though... we have eaten there twice and been quite happy with the food. :confused3 I think they have changed a few things recently.. the menu looked new (from Februrary) and they are serving regular chips vs. those puffy things.

It may have been just a bad choice from the menu. Eventually, I'll go back and try something else.

Can't wait to read about your dinner at Tutto's.

All caught up! WCC looks like so much fun for dinner, I can't wait to see if breakfast is as yummy.

I love DHS at night and the lines are SOOO much better, or at least they were for us last year, really fun. I do agree about the ages, as they get older you may enjoy it more, it's actually a favorite of all of ours.

What a bummer about the TT line, that can mess up your mojo on the first ride of the day.

Good to know about the QS in mexico for lunches, we were just chatting about Mexico last night! the WS version that is :rotfl: Half our group did the cantina for lunch last year and wasn't thrilled but sounds like the options may be a bit better at the QS? I just want to see the New Cava and check out the offerings!

Soarin'

Morning

:rotfl:

All caught up :thumbsup2:faint:
I do :lovestruc HS....I could ride TOT for hours :rotfl2: I think my other favorite there is to watch the Street Performers.....they just crack me up!! Well of course I love TSMM too....and I do love to draw at AA :rolleyes1 Sci_Fi has a really fun atmosphere....did you have a Cherry Coke? Soooooo good! I will take one of those and the BLT soup...oh my that is delicious! ::yes::

Ughhhh TT can be such a long wait sometimes....I have split up with my niece unless we have FPs. We stay together right up until the ride...and sometimes we have been lucky enough to ride together. That said it is much more fun to be together :rotfl2:

I still haven't tried Tutto....we have many, many good Italian places here and it is hard to think about eating Italian in the heat :confused3 Hmmmm I didn't have that problem at Alfredo's :lmao: I do want to try the new restaurant that should be opening in August ;)

Tracy

I love how DHS looks at night!! I don't think we've been there at night since we saw Fantasmic in 2006! That's one thing I'm looking forward to in February/March... early sunset... we'll get to experience more night time magic without having to stay up too late! :wizard:

I love the entrance of Epcot too!! :thumbsup2

It was a great evening there in the park! We went back to see Fantasmic later that week. It was really low crowds (they had two showings) and the park was not crowded. Nice :)

I love the entrance music as well! It's one of my favorite tracks to play on the Four Parks One World CD.

ME too!!! :goodvibes I love that CD....

We have had a similar experience with Test Track -- that line can take FOREVER!

I know, bummer, right??!! It was just weird, b/c the next time at Epcot we HAD the FPs and watched the standby line move MUCH more quickly..

Looks like DH was having fun playing in the cars, too. ;)

LIKE I have said... my DH has a lot of kid in him... wait until you see him at the Lego Store...

Mmmm, the Mexican food sounds delish!!!

We thought it was great, especially since the kids's meals were regular QS meals...

You are just churning out the updates!!! I am impressed!!!

Can't wait to see what you think of Tutto! I am really sad that we had to replace it with that dang Teppan Edo. I was looking forward to a repeat of my October meal there.

You forget I have to get through six more days!!!! AND start scouting out for my Disney Land plans!

I am sorry you won't be heading to Tutto's! But I know how Teppan Edo is with your family :) We did go to Tutto's a second time for wine and dessert.... :rolleyes1

Another great update!

Your day at epcot sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing how the evening went!

It was very nice, a great evening, topped off with fireworks!

Yum - Bella Italia!!

Oh Tutto's was very good! I am so glad we tried it.

It may have been just a bad choice from the menu. Eventually, I'll go back and try something else.

Can't wait to read about your dinner at Tutto's.

Well at least try the margaritas if you go that route!

Coming up on Tutto's!

Gotta love that Cotton Ball!! Can't wait to hear about Tutto.

Coming up! :thumbsup2

Well at least try the margaritas if you go that route!

What flavor do you recommend?

Oh and I can't wait for your BCV/SAB updates. I booked YC for the NCTE conference on Thursday. It was approved by my principal and he urged us to book our hotel ASAP. I hope it's warm enough in November for an afternoon visit to SAB.

All caught up! WCC looks like so much fun for dinner, I can't wait to see if breakfast is as yummy.

Hopefully it will be! :thumbsup2

I love DHS at night and the lines are SOOO much better, or at least they were for us last year, really fun. I do agree about the ages, as they get older you may enjoy it more, it's actually a favorite of all of ours.

What a bummer about the TT line, that can mess up your mojo on the first ride of the day.

Yes DHS was really pretty, I am glad we could enjoy it. I think they will like DHS more and more -- they love the shows, but I can't see all of them each time we go! -- too much sitting for my taste. But, with age I suspect they will go for these TOT and RNRC together, and then it will be time for Universal!

Good to know about the QS in mexico for lunches, we were just chatting about Mexico last night! the WS version that is :rotfl: Half our group did the cantina for lunch last year and wasn't thrilled but sounds like the options may be a bit better at the QS? I just want to see the New Cava and check out the offerings!

I thought it was quite fine -- the cheese quesadilla plate got no complaints from my kids, and I thought the taquitos were good. We got nachos once too, and they were what we expected, and for QS, I like stopping here. Previously the kids menus were with chicken quesadillas then they changed their menu. When they did that it wasn't as good -- but this stand the food was good -- the Margarita bar has top notch margaritas.... we got something to walk around with -- on the rocks, it was quite smooth....:thumbsup2

All caught up :thumbsup2:faint:
I do :lovestruc HS....I could ride TOT for hours :rotfl2: I think my other favorite there is to watch the Street Performers.....they just crack me up!! Well of course I love TSMM too....and I do love to draw at AA :rolleyes1 Sci_Fi has a really fun atmosphere....did you have a Cherry Coke? Soooooo good! I will take one of those and the BLT soup...oh my that is delicious! ::yes::

You clearly do!!!! :laughing: Yes, you are right, the performers and the "hollywood theme" is really fun. I think it will get even more impressive with the marvel bit... I wish they had a few more attractions though.

I didn't have a Cherry Coke, no! Next time! We enjoyed Sci-Fi!

Ughhhh TT can be such a long wait sometimes....I have split up with my niece unless we have FPs. We stay together right up until the ride...and sometimes we have been lucky enough to ride together. That said it is much more fun to be together :rotfl2:

It was a surprise but that was the only bad luck we had afterall, so we didn't complain too much!

I still haven't tried Tutto....we have many, many good Italian places here and it is hard to think about eating Italian in the heat :confused3 Hmmmm I didn't have that problem at Alfredo's :lmao: I do want to try the new restaurant that should be opening in August ;)

Tracy

You know that crossed my mind, too... But the love for all things Italian took over the decision. We were so glad we went. The food was fantastic. I felt like I was in one of the countless Italian restaurants I have been in when IN Italy.... the staff was another reason. I wanted my boys to chat! :laughing:

Day four continued after some pool time at BLT again!!! :thumbsup2

We all got cleaned up, and then headed back to Epcot...

summer2010157-1.jpg

To try an evening with dinner at Tutto Italia’s and then a KP mission!

summer2010163.jpg

We first collected our KP phone, and used our last set of FPs for Soarin'. I have to laugh, because I apparently took this one loan, pitiful photo, standing in line for Soarin'... I had to have taken more, I may have to go back and check my camera again!

summer2010155.jpg

After Soarin’, we made our way around to Italy, to check in for dinner!

Here are the boys again, one little brother maybe getting to much of the squeeze from his older brother... :rolleyes1

summer2010162.jpg

Once in the restaurant, we were immediately struck by how it really felt like a bit of Italy. I know that might sound silly, but we have been to Italy six times in the past twelve years. We really just love it there. Going with our kids the past four trips has made it all the more rewarding. For those of you who didn’t follow my PTR last year, with our Italian tour during spring break, I will let you know that my kids have studied Italian during their Montessori years. We are not Italian, but wish we were... LOL! We just love the culture, the people, the art, the cities, everything. So with all of us stumbling though some Italian, going to Tutto’s seemed to be a good choice this trip. We loved it so much, we went back… this is a recurring theme btw. We went to three restaurants TWICE this trip – two on a whim. BUT I get ahead of myself!!! :rolleyes1

Here we are in the restaurant... The boys had fun with the menu games this trip a lot more than before. You can see they have their KP phone as well...

summer2010160.jpg

For this evening, I had put my boys in their Italian Soccer jerseys. I know I know silly, but we own them so why not!? So here we have AC Milan and Napoli. Each trip to Italy we have made it a point to buy a new one – they are expensive but really nice and will last through both kids so I don’t mind.
They are both DS8’s but the one fits DS5 a little big but not too big. We have one from Florence, and they both have Italian National shirts.

These shirts were needless to say a conversation starter! :thumbsup2 At least three other waiters and staff came over past our table and said something. That made for a great evening, because of course everyone wanted to know what we thought of the teams (and that is the joke because we are not necessarily die-hard soccer fans) and then we just got to chat, but THAT was in English! They spoke with the kids in Italian, which was neat. :goodvibes

We each got a fabulous entrée – DH the cannelloni, and I the stuffed porkchop, and we shared. The kids each had the spaghetti with meatballs, and DS8 read the menu and ordered for himself and his brother, which impressed out server! Then we had to decide on wine… DH found a neat bottle of wine, it was very light, and somewhat fizzy… it is not prosecco, I have to go back and look and I will fix my TR shortly...Montegrande Serprino Frizzante This is it! It was $30.00 I think, something like that, really reasonable, and REALLY REALLY good. Perfect for a summer Epcot afternoon/evening... dessert, dinner, whenever!! We could not buy it in the wineshop. It was a TRAVESTY! We would have. I am now on a search.... LOL!

We DON’T always do this, but DS5 likes “fizzy water” – sparkling water -- which surprises us still, because they do not drink soda. Anyhow, he asked us what we were drinking, so we allowed him a teeny teeny sip of the wine (well it is cultural afterall - LOL!) Here is his response…

summer2010161.jpg

So after a fabulous dinner, we had equally amazing dessert with cappuccinos and that was a wonderful end to Tutto's! I had the panna cotta wth berries and DH some sort of torte -- the boys gelato and the chocolate mousse... We headed outside, for our KP mission in Germany! Let me simply say I didn’t take many photos at this point, I was trying to keep track of the boys in Germany, never having spent much time in this pavilion before, and I was still enjoying my wine fog! ;) I guess I liked these guys... :laughing:

summer2010159.jpg

We finished Germany, and mission accomplished, headed towards the exit...

I did grab this photo over near Italy, before we left the World Show case..

summer2010165.jpg

So heading towards the exit, we did stop one more time, and went for a spin on the Cotton Ball. At this point it was time for illuminations. But since we were going to be in Epcot for many more evenings, I wanted to do rides this time, and catch the show later in the week.

summer2010169.jpg

summer2010170.jpg

summer2010172.jpg

summer2010173.jpg

summer2010175.jpg

summer2010174.jpg

And of course it was here where DS5 made the observations about Pixie Dust…. NOW, I know what you are all thinking, but we really only did give him ONE small sip of that wine… So I am sure that had nothing to do with him trying to apply Pixie Dust to his rear end…:rotfl:

summer2010167.jpg

summer2010168.jpg

We scooted out of the park (NOT on our behinds, however) and headed back to BLT. We needed to get up to the Top of The World Lounge to SEE the fireworks! It timed out beautifully. I got the boys back, in some comfy shorts, teeth brushed, and faces washed, then we all headed up to the 16th floor for some viewing!

Here are my photos… coming up in the next post!

Your boys are too cute! I love the soccer jerseys.
Dinner at Tutto sounds great, especially the wine. Definitely need to try Tutto soon. Have you ever added the wine option to the dining plan? I wonder if it's worth it. I'm considering it.

Very cool that you have been to Italy so many times. I enjoy seeing people have a passion for something, since I can relate the their good feelings because of Disney passion. What great experiences for your boys, too.

I bet the soccer shirts were a big hit in that restaurant! We have not eaten there. We need to do so. I did walk into the lobby and take a picture or two this trip. There were two men sitting in there and one of the CM's asked if they could help them. One of them said, "We're thinking about it. We'll let you know if we want to eat here!" He said it loudly, so I don't know if he had a hearing problem, talked loudly on a regular basis, or was just being obnoxious. I took my pictures and walked on. :)

Three restaurants twice? I will look forward to seeing which ones it is that you love so much.

All caught up! I love Tutto as well. My only "complaint" would be that they really pack the tables close together- especially the tables for two along the wall. A little close quarters for my taste. But oh the food. And the Italian margarita. Oh and the waiters... ;)

Your boys are just adorable. I still love the pixie dust story. Makes a whole lot more sense now that we know about the wine. :lmao:

What did you think of the KP mission in Germany? That's the only one I've done and thought it was cute. As KP experts, which country would you say is your favorite?

Oh, I totally agree on the kiosk in Mexico having better food than the cantina ever did! I'm looking forward to seeing what the new restaurant will be like. I have high hopes!

Working on getting caught up!
First of all you are so welcome for the Toy Story bandz!
Love the boys waving at the parade!:goodvibes
Space Mtn is scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter