The Ingredients for Pixie Dust, a June 2010 TR - 10/2 DIsney Halloween PTR started!

Happydog

DIS Veteran

It is TIME. :ssst:

Yes. :hyper2:

It is TIME for:

:jumping1:The Summer of 2010 Happy Dog and Family DISNEY Trip Report! :jumping1:

Welcome new and returning friends and thank you for joining along to read the antics of my family as we wrap up a YEAR of Disney trips thanks to an Annual Pass, discounts, DVC points, AND snow!! :goodvibes Yup, ::yes:: if you didn’t get a chance to catch up with all our previous Disney fun and surprises, take a visit to any of the links below! ;) My DH and I even made it on a cruise getaway last year! :love2: But LAST WEEK, we returned from our "Ten Days in Disney" extravaganza :yay: and we definitely made the most of our end of the year hurrah! I can’t wait to share it all with you. :thumbsup2

So hold onto your hats, and away we go!!!

summer2010270.jpg

I hope you will join me !! :upsidedow

10 days, lucky you. Can't wait to hear about them.

Some of you will probably want to know how the heck this TR title came about! Let me introduce you to the author who coined the phrase:

summer2010168.jpg

He is ONE of my two DS’s. This is my recently turned FIVE year old. While this picture doesn't show you his face, it is important to the story. This is him on the walkway outside Epcot’s Spaceship Earth, sitting on the squares that illuminate with sparkles in the evening. Here is a second picture:

summer2010167.jpg

These were taken on our second evening at Epcot I believe, as we were heading out of the park. As we were leaving, he stopped and explored these squares. First he stepped on them. Then, he sat on them. On a few, he put his hand on them and, yes, actually attempted to lick his hand (before I put an end to that :scared1:). He scooted across a few on his behind, and finally he got up. I was watching all of this as it happened (in the span of maybe two mintues) and I scurried him to catch up with my DH and other DS8.

As we were walking away, he asked, “Mom, how come when I put pixie dust on my bottom I can’t fly like Peter Pan?” :lovestruc To which I carefully crafted a response “well, you are not in the Magic Kingdom, so maybe that pixie dust is special over there.” He was quiet a bit as we walked a step further.

He then asked, “Mom, what are the ingredients for Pixie Dust?” Trying not to laugh, I simply told him, “Uh well, I don’t know really, maybe magic and happiness, and love and laughter.” (totally flying solo here, having never thought of a response to that question before and not remembering what Peter Pan says!!! :laughing: ) He seemed to accept that, but as we continued along the way, he said, “You forgot one ingredient, I think.” “Oh?” was my reply. “Uh huh” he said, as he looked up with his sweaty, cute, dimpled, face, and said with complete seriousness and a knowing nod, “it’s not just magic, it's Disney magic, mom.” This was one of those moments where I could have eaten him up for his being so adorable. I completely melted of course, and it was a wonderful moment for this Mom's memory scrapbook:hug:.

So, everyone, there you go – my curious child trying to put pixie dust on his behind is the source for my TR title! I think it is a great one. ;)

Hope you stick around for all the fun! Disney Day ONE coming up tomorrow!!!

OMG!! Your little one is too adorable! I loved reading that and am definitely going to be following along on your TR!!

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all of your pixie dust! pixiedust:
Enjoyed your other reports and look forward to this one!

Awwwww. Disney magic. :goodvibes What a cute story. And :lmao: that he tried licking his hand too. He was conducting quite the experiment... very thorough, that son of yours! :)

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

Oh, meant to also say what a great picture of the castle in your first post. Wow!!!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! We had fun!! Welcome!!! :goodvibes

I'm here! Your reports are always fun:cool1:

Awww THANKS! Looking forward to writing this one! :)

OMG!! Your little one is too adorable! I loved reading that and am definitely going to be following along on your TR!!

He is adorable, but he has his moments :laughing: Thanks for joining me!

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all of your pixie dust! pixiedust:
Enjoyed your other reports and look forward to this one!

Hi!!! Thanks for coming over! Please join me for the fun along the way!

I'm here and ready to read all about your summer fun!

Thank you! Pretty soon it will be time for YOUR summer fun!!! :goodvibes

Awwwww. Disney magic. :goodvibes What a cute story. And :lmao: that he tried licking his hand too. He was conducting quite the experiment... very thorough, that son of yours! :)

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

Oh, meant to also say what a great picture of the castle in your first post. Wow!!!

I know I know what a sucker I am for a good story, right! IF that kid had wanted ANYTHING right then it would have been his. Although at that point I had finally relented and bought them both those cheezy light up "sabers" I wont call them "lightsabers" because they are NOT Starwars toys... more like drop them on the ground plastic that will break if you squeeze the handle too much crappy overpriced light up wands.... :laughing:

Thanks on the picture! I did actually get some decent fireworks this trip!

I'm here!! :banana: Great title... what an adorable story! :goodvibes

Thanks! It was a fun moment for me. He was really serious and it made me just love that moment more.

Thanks for coming along!

I'm here!!! Can't believe you started this last night! If I had only stayed on a little bit longer! :laughing:

Love the story about DS5 and the pixie dust!!! Could that be any cuter??? :goodvibes Of course, the image I have in my mind of him scooting around on his hiney trying to get pixie dust for flying is hilarious! :laughing:

I'm here! And page 2, not too bad!!!!!!:cool1:

I LOVE the story, you will never forget that moment.

Oh my gosh, that is one of the cutest, sweetest stories I've ever read! I would have melted too, probably into a puddle of happy tears! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I'm here I'm here!!! I just adored the story of how this TR got its title!! HOW CUTE!!!! That is one of those convos you'll remember forever!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter