The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

we totally understand re giving up our home, but the Dh would kill all involved before giving up his home :thumbsup2 so no issues re the impending invasion.....

we have a huge 4 bedroom house, so space isnt an issue, just want to give them some privacy and a little place of their own.....getting them out of my place :rotfl2: and when they move on in 6-12 months, the DS1 will move into it..giving him some independence as well.

and if all else fails..i'll send them all to my mothers :rotfl:

just as well i got the $850 airfares..couldnt afford it otherwise now :rolleyes1

I have teens - and I am looking forward to them being out on their own and me having a tidy house for more than 5mins but, how do you say no when it doesnt work out and they turn up on your doorstep, bags in hand and tail between their legs.

As much as I would love to be strong and tell them 'you're on your own now", I think they will always have a home with me should they need it. :hug:

Although I have this theory that two women cant share a house - boys are easy, they will generally do as their told, all females like to be the decision maker. I think we will get on better when we dont live together!

:sad2: I am feeling like a really bad mother we have just organized for Ds16 to come home early and not do the whole trip with us DH wants him to stay home and not come at all :eek:he is missing all the Disney part of our trip and New York lets just say that a extra $400 in phone calls to mobiles for this month was the final straw.:sad2::sad1:

Karen I think you are awesome letting your kids and grandkids move home like that.

:sad2: I am feeling like a really bad mother we have just organized for Ds16 to come home early and not do the whole trip with us DH wants him to stay home and not come at all :eek:he is missing all the Disney part of our trip and New York lets just say that a extra $400 in phone calls to mobiles for this month was the final straw.:sad2::sad1:

Karen I think you are awesome letting your kids and grandkids move home like that.

Whoa, your DH must be mad as :headache:

we feel your pain re phone bills.......they have no idea do they...

and yes, thank god i have boys, you can boss them easier than girls, although the GF is a tad strong willed, but I'll soon snap her out of that....there is only one queen in my kingdom:rotfl:

So, after my shock quote last week from AAMI i've done a bit of an online ringaround LOL and found Coles insurance, currently close to $300 cheaper, for house and contents.

Also, cheaper for car insurance (which is due to be paid while we're away).

Does anybody know anybody who has used them? Maybe anybody that has needed to make a claim.
Should I ring AAMI and ask them if they can reduce their premium by $300? Don't think they'd drop by that much though...

So, after my shock quote last week from AAMI i've done a bit of an online ringaround LOL and found Coles insurance, currently close to $300 cheaper, for house and contents.

Also, cheaper for car insurance (which is due to be paid while we're away).

Does anybody know anybody who has used them? Maybe anybody that has needed to make a claim.
Should I ring AAMI and ask them if they can reduce their premium by $300? Don't think they'd drop by that much though...

it cant hurt ringing aami......and check who the underwriters are for the coles insurance..eg alliance etc...

it cant hurt ringing aami......and check who the underwriters are for the coles insurance..eg alliance etc...

Wesfarmers are the underwriters, they're good for it LOL

Last years cost was $778
This year $1022.02 (don't forget the .02c)

Wesfarmers are the underwriters, they're good for it LOL

Last years cost was $778
This year $1022.02 (don't forget the .02c)

just read an article in the paper today re this.....so looks legit...i trust no-one :rolleyes1

just read an article in the paper today re this.....so looks legit...i trust no-one :rolleyes1

Oh same!

After working with money for years I see what people can be like when it comes to money and what some will do to get it.
Some people have no limits to what they will do...

I've got to do the call around too... I hate it so much! :laughing:

DH has an insurance broker, I might get him to do the call around for me... :idea:

i can aggressively hunt for airfares but cant seem to get enthused re insurance :confused3
thank god for DH's pirate:

We don't pay the broker anything, the insurance company does - win win! :laughing:

So, venting

My DS's school rang my DH today because the little fella got a fat lip while playing tag in the playground.

But when DS is telling me the story of how it happened it turns out the kid slapped him across the face :mad:

I am madder than a cut snake.

This is the 4th incident with a student this year.

1st one was a kid stole his money out of his hand in the classroom

2nd was another kid in his class yelling at him and pushing him around

3rd was pushed in the mud by same kid two days in a row

4th slapped in the face playing a game of tag

My DS isn't an angel but he's a pretty good kid, and clever (the bully in his class doesn't yell at him anymore because he helps him with his schoolwork :rolleyes:) and he's small.

Might be the end of big holidays for a while, because i'm probably putting him in another school which may cost alot more than where he goes now :scared1:

:mad:

make an appointment with headmaster NOW!

all schools have an anti bullying policy with steps to take, why should your child be banished when they can remove troublesome students.

Also involve the school councillor and class teacher...get them to give you a hard copy of the policy and hold them to it. A report from the teacher involved re lip should also be attained...

NO ONE should be subjected to this type of behaviour....also sign little man up for basic defence classes....teach him to defend himself especially if on the petite side...

I know its a hassle, but you need to do these things. Always get stuff in writing.

Hope it works out :flower3:

I'm all for being a little tolerant - but enough is enough - take it up with the principal.

My son is in Year 9 at public high school and last week was suspended for two days for making a tackle when playing oz tag. They have zero tolerance for rough play.

I cant stand seeing the little ones getting bullied, I'm on it like a flash when I see it....why are we so cruel to each other?????

MY DH was bullied in yr 10,way before anti bullying policy was popular and he still relives the pain of it 25+ years later. It scars the soul.He only mentioned it again last night, so those wounds run deep, even with successful middle aged men.

So if I could ever get my hands on those guys who did it to him......:mad:but funny he bumped into one of them a few years ago...it turned out he was actually working as a contractor for DH, so karma is a B*tch...:thumbsup2

You have to be the "pain in the butt parent" when it comes to bullying. My DD had a few minor incidents in primary school. Things like nasty notes in the classroom, name calling etc. I was on top of it right away and went straight to the teacher and principal. They knew I would not be fobbed off.

Also in my own experience, the teachers and principal tend to downplay it and don't want to confront these issues at hand. Unfortunately the policies at school get ignored. You just have to be pushy and let them know enough is enough and if it happens again, you will call the local DET office and lodge a formal complaint. This usually get them to pay attention.

Goodluck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter