The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

i would really like to turn this work situation around though, and don't want to leave just before we go on a big holiday.

plus, i will need references for the last several year's worth of work if applying for a new job, so they could either say 'oh, we had a lot of issues with absenteeism and we are currently undertaking 'performance management' or in 6 months time 'she's a great employee, and oh by the way, there was an isolated issue with absences but it was due to a medical situation that has since been resolved' ... i know which one i would like better if i was a prospective employer.

so i'm going to stick it out and just show them how awesome i can be...

then reconsider my options when we get back from our trip :)

168 days to go!!!

Everyone at work is eating kebabs and now I want one!!! :scared: I must be good! but if I don't leave for lunch soon I know what I'll be eating :rotfl:

I went and had a slurpee @ 11 this morning ...needed the sugar, but didn't get the krispee kreames....

everyone, take a deep breathe and smell the long weekend...yummo.....:woohoo:

I went and had a slurpee @ 11 this morning ...needed the sugar, but didn't get the krispee kreames....

I spent my day being constantly interrupted and got absolutely no work done, we were short staffed and the kiddies were restless. When I left work something came over me and before I knew it I had stopped off at IGA and found myself stuffing a big Freddo Frog my mouth on the drive home.
It was goooood:thumbsup2 Made me feel better and took my stress away!

:thumbsup2

I had a caramello chocolate and a bottle of coke for morning tea :laughing:

I spent my day being constantly interrupted and got absolutely no work done, we were short staffed and the kiddies were restless. When I left work something came over me and before I knew it I had stopped off at IGA and found myself stuffing a big Freddo Frog my mouth on the drive home.
It was goooood:thumbsup2 Made me feel better and took my stress away!

Endorphins! Thats what I tell everybody LOL

I have a very precious co-worker, I made a comment on Faceache about the suburb in which I work (where she lives) and she's gotten all snarky about it.
I want to tell her to "Get a loife Sharon"
If I said half of what I wanted to say i'd be unemployed, which means i'm great at one thing, holding my tongue :rolleyes1

some people need a sense of humour...others need a life.....

at least you have us:grouphug:

some people need a sense of humour...others need a life.....

at least you have us:grouphug:

LOL I need a life (with no Faceache, it just gets me into trouble)

I'm just debating with myself whether to delete her or not, I know it's very schoolyard but I do have to work with her and clearly she's a bit precious, she might just cry...:laughing:

i believe in de friending people...i now have 3 friends :rotfl2: seriously,i do.....

twitter is my drug of choice now :thumbsup2 no drama, no angst:hug:

i believe in de friending people...i now have 3 friends :rotfl2: seriously,i do.....

twitter is my drug of choice now :thumbsup2 no drama, no angst:hug:

You follow anybody good?

I have a few gooduns.

Joan Rivers
Jeremy Piven
Kevin Smith
Neil Patrick Harris

i follow star trek characters and airlines......yep I'm a freak...

oh, and my friend at work who keeps me up to date re radiohead (who i really dont understand but it bonds us):rotfl2:

so, I have had a very full day.

not long after my last post in this thread I went home for my healthy lunch. 20 minutes into my lunch break I was called by a colleague who let me know one of the houses I manage (I'm a property manager) had burnt down...

so I cut my lunch short to go and investigate. they were still putting it out when I got there. then I had the pleasure of informing the owner, only for him to go really quiet and say "but it's not insured..." I can only imagine the sinking feeling in his stomach. Not only will they get nothing for the house, but they have to pay to have it demolished too...

so dealing with that is how I spent the rest of my day.

And now tonight I was feeding my fur babies before going to bed and I felt/heard this thumping noise, shaking the windows, walls and stuff. Figured it was a plane that I could feel but couldn't hear- if that makes sense. Then I felt it again. Turns out Tamworth has had its first earthquake in almost 50 years! and we had 2 of them!

now I'm too excited to sleep!

What a start to the weekend!

life is definitely stranger than fiction..seriously we couldnt make all this stuff up could we:rotfl2:

that's why " insure, insure, insure" is my family motto.....oh and also "always have a 50 in your shoe for late night taxis".....

weird......

so, I have had a very full day.

not long after my last post in this thread I went home for my healthy lunch. 20 minutes into my lunch break I was called by a colleague who let me know one of the houses I manage (I'm a property manager) had burnt down...

so I cut my lunch short to go and investigate. they were still putting it out when I got there. then I had the pleasure of informing the owner, only for him to go really quiet and say "but it's not insured..." I can only imagine the sinking feeling in his stomach. Not only will they get nothing for the house, but they have to pay to have it demolished too...

so dealing with that is how I spent the rest of my day.

And now tonight I was feeding my fur babies before going to bed and I felt/heard this thumping noise, shaking the windows, walls and stuff. Figured it was a plane that I could feel but couldn't hear- if that makes sense. Then I felt it again. Turns out Tamworth has had its first earthquake in almost 50 years! and we had 2 of them!

now I'm too excited to sleep!

What a start to the weekend!

OMG I can't even begin to imagine 1) being told my house had burned down and 2) trying to get my head around that there was no insurance :scared1:

(after getting my ridiculous renewal for insurance I understand why some people will risk it, I wouldn't, but why some would not pay)

And earthquakes are scary business :eek:

I checked the local news about half an hour ago - head line 1 - woman and child escape from burning house in kootingal. Headline 2 - 3.9 earthquake felt Tamworth/Gunnedah.

Oh dear...

life is definitely stranger than fiction..seriously we couldnt make all this stuff up could we:rotfl2:

that's why " insure, insure, insure" is my family motto.....oh and also "always have a 50 in your shoe for late night taxis".....

weird......

I could live and learn by this.

After getting kicked out of the pub at a work do (hey, it was the fun police) they were pinging us one by one, I have a theory that they only had one taxi going and he kept coming back after they kicked each person out, anyway, I digress, I should keep a $50 after abusing the taxi driver because the EFTPOS terminal wasn't working, only to realize the next day it was because I was putting in the wrong account type (i'd had a few ok).
But yeah, I reckon the taxi just kept coming back for the fares when they'd kicked each person out :rolleyes1

so under the bed you go....take water, flash light and those you love.......

thinking of you:flower3:

it wasn't scary, the first one had me thinking I had an inner ear infection our something rofl! the next one I had to wake dh up to see if he could feel it too, he told me I was crazy, but then I saw it was all over FB.

Should we do a twitter name swap and follow each other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter