The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you drive up to POP to check in, is there a specific area for parking to register until you find out where your room is going to be?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the best way to back to POP after going to FW for the sing alond and movie?

We are going to be in the Magic Kingdom, then going to trails end for dinner then to the movie and stay and watch the electrical water parade.

Any help would be appreciated.

We haven't been to Disney since 2004 and then we stayed in Fort Wilderness.

If the water lunch is still running I would take that back to MK (if it is open late enough) and get the POP bus there..otherwise I would take a FW bus to DTD or PI or any park that is still open and pick up the POP bus there :)

I'm sure Tyler will know the very best options! :flower1:

Liz said:
When you drive up to POP to check in, is there a specific area for parking to register until you find out where your room is going to be?

Thanks!
Yes, follow the signs marked "Check In Parking"

Hello,
If staying at Pop and needing to get to Chef Mickey's for breakfast what is the best way to get there? How long should we allow to travel? What would you recommend would be the earliest priority seating reservation we should make in order to get there in time and make it to the parks when they open? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.
Lesley

for Chef Mickey you need to go to MK and go to the monorail to Contempory hotel. Chef Mickey is inside the Contempory. I do not know the earliest setting for them maybe someone else can help with that. :flower1:

Hi Timandlesley!

We frequently do the earliest seating at Chef Mickey's - which is 7 am - to make the parks opening for EMH at 8 am. Another option is to eat there at 8 am prior to a 9 am opening.

Before the parks open - just get in the line for the MK bus & tell the driver where you're going. In Sept he took us directly to the Contemporary for our breakfast - it was great! If he can't take you there directly for some reason, just get off at MK - you can walk over to the Contemporary in about 5 minutes. We almost always walk over after breakfast - it is usually quicker than the monorail.

Have fun! :D

thanks.
So. . . .if it isn't an EMH day can I catch a bus at 7:30 a.m. to make it to the contemporary for an 8 a.m. breakfast? Thanks again.
Lesley

Can anybody help with driving directions from Pop Century to Universal Studios.

Thanks
Tracy

If you go to the Luggage Assistance area, they have pre-printed direction sheets with directions to commonly asked places including other parks, airport, malls, etc.

TRACYK- Take I4 towards Orlando, exit 75, 76- you'll see the signs

I am staying at Pop Century on Tuesday, the night before I check in at Vista Way for the WDWCP. I was just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest way for me to get myself & my luggage to Vista the next morning?

Thanks,
Ashley

The problem with what you're trying to do is that there is a free bus... but you need a Vista Way ID to get on it. But you can't get the ID until you get to Vista way. I will PM you with more details.

Tyler, do you know if Pop plans on installing refridgerators for free like the mods and deluxes? We will be there in June and like to bring along food for breakfast and snacks.

We got moved to a room and I think they forgot about the fridge because there was one already in the room we were moved to!

Ok this might have already been asked before... so Im sorry if it has!

Anyway... When I made the reservation at Pop Century for my husband and myself I requested a king bed in the 80's building (we are both children from the 80's so it seemed fitting ,and we are not afraid to walk!) but I've heard its also a good idea to call the hotel directly and make the request to the room assigners does anyone know when a good time would be to call? We are checking in on January 22nd, which is next monday (YEAH!), but I didn't know if I should call ASAP or wait until a couple of days before we leave.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter