The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennabeth said:
Thanks for the response. I can't wait, under 2 days now!!!

First trip ever- wow! You won't be diappointed! Just prepare to spend a LOT on food, that was a big shocker for us last time! You'll enjoy yourself more if you know that beforehand. Have fun! :earboy2:

Since 50's and 70's are both close, which area should I request and why? What about lake views v. parking lot v pool? What about ground level?

It really comes down to your preference. I would probably choose the 50's in Bldg 1, Lady. I like the top floor so there aren't people above us. Also courtyard facing nearer the middle.

We just came back and had the 50's court side 4th floor. It was nice you did not hear anyone. We could walk just a few feet from out door on the balcony and see Epcot and at night if it was clear see the firework show. the 50's is not far at all from the bus stop either. My suggestion is the 50's but I have never been in the 70's though. :earboy2:

In 5 MINUTES, I'm leaving to get on a plane and come check in for my first visit to POP!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No need to bump this thread up. :) It is a sticky at the top of the Resorts board along with other FAQ's on other WDW resorts.

Thanks for the great thread Tyler.

We’re staying at POP the first week of April 2005. I have a couple of POP transportation questions that I hope you can help with.

1) What is the set-up like to catch the buses in front of Classic Hall ? Is there a separate roped-in line to get into depending on which park you are going to? Just worried that it may be a free-for-all since the entire resort has to go to the same stop. I last stayed at Caribbean Beach; transportation was good but even there you never knew how many people were waiting to get on the same bus as you and arriving first at the bus stop didn’t assure you’d get on since there was no line-up.
2) Do buses start their first morning pick-up one hour before park opening? Is this true for Extra Magic Hour mornings?

Thanks again.

P.S. Also, thanks to ChairborneRangr for the great map.

Pop Century has queue lines for the bus stops.

Buses start 45 minutes prior to any character breakfast, or one hour prior to park opening, including EMH.

Does anyone know if it is quicker to get a rental from the Car Care Center or from the Dolphin Resort. I need to pick one up in the morning and then return it in the evening, but I don't want to have to spend alot of time traveling back and forth to do this.

Not sure about the Dolphin, but the Car Care Center has a free shuttle that runs back and forth, which would be quicker than trying to use the buses and connect.

HI,

DD enjoying her first visit to Pop this week. Staying in 70's bldg. Not far from main bldg. She said it's quiet so far.

herc.
'

Tyler, I Just got back from the POP and I never saw you :( . I used the buses for 10 days too! I looked at all drivers tags and never found you...

But thanks for all the good info on this post. DD and I had a blast at POP !!

Me2Me YOu have nothing to worry about using the DIS buses from the POP. I was there for 10 days, at times went to 2 parks and DTD in one day, and NEVER waited long for buses. The lines are seperate for each park, so you will know who is getting on what bus. ALSO there were times after park closing that POP's line was huge, BUT, they just got another bus and loaded two at a time ! If you see a big line, dont worry, they call in for backup and are GREAT at what they do! I was very impressed!

Put it this way, I had a rental car, that sat at POP parking lot for 10 days because the bus system is that good and that easy.

Enjoy ...

And Tyler... THANKS for the great job you all do!

PG

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the transportation worked well for you. Indeed, you are right... just because the line is long doesn't mean you'll wait long. During park exits (especially at the MK) we bring in the calvary, and double, sometimes even triple load the Pop load zone. :)

I'm staying at Pop Century January 27 -- February 2. I've requested a lakefront upper floor room in the -60's.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the transportation worked well for you. Indeed, you are right... just because the line is long doesn't mean you'll wait long. During park exits (especially at the MK) we bring in the calvary, and double, sometimes even triple load the Pop load zone. :)

We went during Christmas Week and never waited more than 10 minutes. POP's transporation is awesome!!!

I can't remember from last year...are there toasters in the dining area? We're thinking about bringing some bagels. Thanks!

We're returning to the POP next week & we can't wait!! :D We were there in September with Jeanne & had an awesome trip.

I think POP has some of the best transportation around - it was better than the couple of deluxes we have stayed at where the busses had to go to 3 resorts every trip. That got old fast - POP's busses don't share which is great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter