The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just returned!
Thanks for the update! Looking foward to the pictures :thumbsup2

Thank YOU for such a wonderful contribution to our thread!!!!
smiley-good-post-sign.gif
I'm going to put a link in Post #1 to your Post #3037 showing recommended locations for views of Illuminations!!! So if you have any updates to make, may I ask you to just keep your post updated so everyone is always directed to the single source?
You're welcome, and I'd be happy to update, especially if anyone has any updates or changes that they know of in terms of good fireworks vieweing. So if anyone has any modifications to the map, just let me know and I'll update it!

I read the post about the new mattresses. Can anyone confirm the size? I had read on another resort thread that CSR was getting new queen size mattresses. Just wandering if Pop was getting the queen size.

I read the post about the new mattresses. Can anyone confirm the size? I had read on another resort thread that CSR was getting new queen size mattresses. Just wandering if Pop was getting the queen size.

I don't know, but I'll leave my opinion. Since the value resorts have less square footage than the moderate resorts (and there isn't a lot of wiggle room in the values), I really can't imagine they would reduce the floor space anymore by putting queens in the rooms.

I don't know, but I'll leave my opinion. Since the value resorts have less square footage than the moderate resorts (and there isn't a lot of wiggle room in the values), I really can't imagine they would reduce the floor space anymore by putting queens in the rooms.
Yeah, I don't know either, but I can almost guarantee that the beds will be the same size they currently are. From all reports, they're replacing the mattresses - I haven't heard anything about them putting in new frames and box springs for what would be larger mattresses.

Just got back last night. They replaced our mattresses on our second day. They are the same size as before but are much higher. Very comfy.

Does anyone know if the mattresses in the 60's buildings have been replaced yet? Going in Oct. and crossing our fingers that they have by then! :thumbsup2

We were in building #4. When we were there in July, they were replacing the mattresses in the building in front of building #10 (closer to the parking lot)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the window in all the rooms? I looked on the first page but couldn't find it. I'm wanting to decorate our window when we go and needed to know the size. TIA!

3"Mouse"keteers;27288630 said:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the window in all the rooms? I looked on the first page but couldn't find it. I'm wanting to decorate our window when we go and needed to know the size. TIA!
The size of the window is 37 3/4" x 59". :cutie:

I just skimmed over this thread, so I'm not positive that this hasn't been mentioned here yet. But I didn't see it in the first few info posts, so I thought I would share!

You can see the WDW Welcome signs from some of the buildings at POP!

Disney1-8-07023.jpg

That picture was taken from the fourth floor of the 80's building; not zoomed in or anything.

PopPictureLocation.jpg

That red * is about where the picture was taken. Our room was actually on the other side of that building, facing the Computer Pool. But, when we were walking up the steps on our first day (trying to find our room before we dragged our luggage all over creation!) I noticed the welcome sign! Talk about excited! I never knew you could see that from any of the resorts!

I just thought this was an interesting bit of information that might help some of you guys decide on a room location!

The size of the window is 37 3/4" x 59". :cutie:

(Heading over the Post #1 to add this detail. Thanks!)

Update: Oops...it was already there! Sorry 3"Mouse"keteers! I didn't remember it was there, otherwise, I would have directed you there earlier today.

HERES PICTURES OF THE MATTRESS TRAILERS AND SOME ON BALCONIES IF YOU GOTO THE PICTURE THREAD I POSTED LOTS OF DIFF PICS THERE!

HPIM0507.jpg

HPIM0505.jpg

HPIM0504.jpg

HPIM0360.jpg

HPIM0358.jpg

I just skimmed over this thread, so I'm not positive that this hasn't been mentioned here yet. But I didn't see it in the first few info posts, so I thought I would share!

You can see the WDW Welcome signs from some of the buildings at POP!

Disney1-8-07023.jpg

That picture was taken from the fourth floor of the 80's building; not zoomed in or anything.

PopPictureLocation.jpg

That red * is about where the picture was taken. Our room was actually on the other side of that building, facing the Computer Pool. But, when we were walking up the steps on our first day (trying to find our room before we dragged our luggage all over creation!) I noticed the welcome sign! Talk about excited! I never knew you could see that from any of the resorts!

I just thought this was an interesting bit of information that might help some of you guys decide on a room location!
That is the coolest thing!! Thank you for telling us that. Ever time I read this thread I learn something new, and geting closer to choosing POPS are tthe resort for our Sept 2009 trip. THanks again our there any other intersteing things you can see from POPs?

We will be visiting the Pop in Dec and my DH wants to be in the 80's or 90's section, but I some concerns. On our last visit, we were in building 6 on the fourth floor facing the lake. I really like the locations because it was quiet. I was hoping that some of you who have stayed in the 80's or 90's section could tell me if you like it or not? Was it quiet? Far walk to bus & food? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We could see the Welcome sign when we stayed in the 50's secction bldg 1 a cople years ago.

Glad to see and hear Pop is getting new mattresses. Bet that mattress co. is happy!.

herc.

We could see the Welcome sign when we stayed in the 50's secction bldg 1 a cople years ago.

Glad to see and hear Pop is getting new mattresses. Bet that mattress co. is happy!.

herc.

I bet you are correct because there were at least 13 Trailers filled with mattresses that I could account for!!!!!:)

I was worried about the mattresses being a problem for our stay. Guess I won't have to worry anymore! :banana:

NOPE YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO! I WOULD ASSUME! WE MISSED NEW ONES BY A FEW DAYS!! :sad1: BETTER LUCK NEXT TRIP FOR US ALTHOUGH OUR MATTRESSES WERE COMFORTABLE! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter