The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Room requests and grand gatherings

We want to fax in our room request and are part of a grand gathering which want to be close to one another.

Should we request by the grand gathering number or should each family request the same thing?

haahaha.jpg

IMG_8272.jpg

I guess that's a good deal if you need park tickets, but we're AP holders, so that works out to ~$208/nt at POP for 3 of us. - so not really a deal. Do you think the tickets could be used toward future AP passes, or would they be tied to the package and therefore unusable past the stay?

The top 1 is the 1 I uploaded I stayed at POP and booked AS-sports :banana:!!! I think people at other values have gotten it too!

Here's the link to the other thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1788041

Looks like you have been during free dinning a few years in a row now so my question is, how busy are the parks during this month? I understand it is a slow time hense the promotion but are the parks busier than say early October right after the promotion ends?

Looks like you have been during free dinning a few years in a row now so my question is, how busy are the parks during this month? I understand it is a slow time hense the promotion but are the parks busier than say early October right after the promotion ends?

It wasn't very busy the first 2 days when Free dinning started the parks where empty! Soarin stand by line was the same as the fast pass. The parks got a little busier as the week went on but there where a lot more people during Free Dinning last year. Maybe it's because of gas and the hurricanes. And I have never been there during October so I'm not sure if its busier or not.

Question: Room requests and grand gatherings

We want to fax in our room request and are part of a grand gathering which want to be close to one another.

Should we request by the grand gathering number or should each family request the same thing?

I would have it noted on my ressie and everyone elses by the grand gathering number unless it's automatic cause you are a grand gathering I would definitely call grand gatherings and question this!

Question: I'm thinking about staying here during Marathon weekend in January. My return flight doesn't leave until 6:00PM and check out is 11:00AM. Will they hold my bags during that time so I can still go and enjoy the parks?
Thanks so much!

Question: I'm thinking about staying here during Marathon weekend in January. My return flight doesn't leave until 6:00PM and check out is 11:00AM. Will they hold my bags during that time so I can still go and enjoy the parks?
Thanks so much!
Yes. Take your bags to the front desk, explain what you're going to do, and they'll give them to you when you get back.

Just remember to give yourself PLENTY of time for travel back to POP from the parks, and also time to get to the airport! Don't forget that some airlines offer resort baggage check, so if your airline offers this, you can check your backs right at POP in the morning when you check out.

Yes. Take your bags to the front desk, explain what you're going to do, and they'll give them to you when you get back.

Just remember to give yourself PLENTY of time for travel back to POP from the parks, and also time to get to the airport! Don't forget that some airlines offer resort baggage check, so if your airline offers this, you can check your backs right at POP in the morning when you check out.

They will hold your luggage while you enjoy the parks on your last day. But you need to go to Luggage Services not the front desk. They will give you claim tickets for each piece of luggage.

If you are flying on one of the participating airlines, you can check in, get your boarding passes and check your luggage at the same time right there at LS as well.

Sounds great! Thanks for the help :) How do you know if your airline participates? Just curious since I'm brand new to this.

Sounds great! Thanks for the help :) How do you know if your airline participates? Just curious since I'm brand new to this.

Here's the info from disney.com (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/helpFAQ?id=HelpFAQDMEPage&bhcp=1)

RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN SERVICE FOR DOMESTIC DEPARTURES

Q. What is Resort Airline Check-In service?
A. Resort Airline Check-In Service is a benefit offered to you if you are staying at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and departing on participating airlines from Orlando International Airport. You can check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass right at your Resort hotel and you will not need to check in at Orlando International Airport. At this time, the service is only available if you are flying domestically on the following airlines:

Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Continental
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue
Northwest
United/Ted
AirTran

Q. How does Resort Airline Check-In Service work?
A. You must check in at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located in the lobby of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels up to 12 hours prior to your flight departure time (but no less than three hours prior) during operating hours. A valid government issued photo ID and Key to the World Card (your hotel room key) are required to participate.

Q. Is there a cost for Resort Airline Check-In Service?
A. Resort Airline Check-In Service is a complimentary benefit offered to you if you are staying at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel.

Q. Which Walt Disney World® Resort hotels offer Resort Airline Check-In Service?
A. Resort Airline Check-In Service is offered at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. Resort Airline Check-In Service is also not available at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort or Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Q. What are the hours of operation for Resort Airline Check-In Service?
A. Resort Airline Check-In Service operates seven days a week, from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. If you cannot check-in during these operating hours, you will need to check in directly with your airline upon arrival at Orlando International Airport.

Q. Do I have to use Disney's Magical Express Service to participate in the Resort Airline Check-In Service?
A. No. The Resort Airline Check-In Service is available to guests staying at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels who are flying domestically on participating airlines departing from Orlando International Airport. You may take any transportation from your Resort hotel to Orlando International Airport.

Q. If I am departing for an international destination, can I use Resort Airline Check-In Service?
A. No. At this time, the service is only available if you are flying domestically (including Puerto Rico). If you are flying internationally, you will need to check in directly with your airline at Orlando International Airport.

Q. How will Resort Airline Check-In be affected by the new baggage fees?
A. Effective June 1, 2008, Resort Airline Check-In will accept one bag per passenger for Guests who fly:

AirTranContinentalContinentalDelta Air LinesJetBlueNorthwestUS Airways
Effective July 1, 2008, Resort Airline Check-In will accept one bag per passenger for Alaska Airlines.

United Airlines has not assessed excess baggage fees for Resort Airline Check-In and are not subject to bag fees at this time.

Guests flying on American Airlines who wish to check bags must call Baggage Airline Guest Services (407-284-1231) to pay their airline bag fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. Otherwise, Guests must check in at the airport.

Q.What other luggage requirements must be met in order to use Resort Airline Check-In?
A. For all airlines, each piece of luggage must be 50 pounds or less to use the Resort Airline Check-In service, and it must comply with the airline's size dimension baggage policy. Overweight and oversized luggage cannot be accepted at the Resort Airline Check-In desks.

Q. Can Guests participate in Resort Airline Check-In if they have multiple bags?
A. Yes. Guests can use the service as long as they contact Baggage Airline Guest Services at (407) 284-1231 to pay the airline's excess luggage fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk.
Guests with multiple bags also have the option to check additional pieces through their airlines' ticket counters at Orlando International Airport. Excess luggage fees cannot be collected at the Resort Airline Check-In desk.

Q. What are the excess luggage fees?
A. The excess luggage fees vary by airline. Guests should inquire directly with their respective airline for applicable fees.

Q. What forms of payment are accepted by Baggage Airline Guest Services for excess luggage fees?
A. Guests must pay with a credit card; MasterCard, Visa and American Express are accepted.
Q.Will the Resort Airline Check-In desks accept the applicable luggage fees on behalf of an airline?
A. No. The Resort Airline Check-In desks are unable to collect excess luggage fees on behalf of an airline.

Q. What are the Baggage Airline Guest Services operating hours?
A.Guests may contact Baggage Airline Guest Services at (407) 284-1231, seven days a week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.

Q. Is there a phone charge for Guests calling Baggage Airline Guest Services from their Walt Disney World® Resort room?
A. There is no phone charge.

Q. Which airlines are not charging luggage fees with Resort Airline Check-In?
A.At this time, United Airlines is not assessing luggage fees for Resort Airline Check-In. Alaska Airlines will be subject to excess bag fees effective July 1, 2008.

Here is the info direct from allears.net:

"Resort Airline Check-In Service

* Resort Airline Check-In Service at your Disney resort is only available if you are flying domestically (includes Puerto Rico) on the following airlines: AirTran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, United (including TED) AND USAirways (as of 9/07). It is a complimentary (free) service.

* This service allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding passes right at your resort on the day of your departure.

Changes to Resort Airline Check-in Baggage Policy

Effective June 1, the Resort Airline Check-In service implemented several changes in its checked baggage policy:

-- Guests who fly AirTran, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, and US Airways may check one bag per passenger using the Resort Airline Check-in Service. Guests with multiple bags on these airlines will have the option to check additional pieces through their airlines' ticket counters at Orlando International Airport or they may call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline's excess luggage fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. The excess luggage fees vary by airline.

-- Guests flying on American who wish to check bags must call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline bag fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. Otherwise, Guests must check-in at the airport.

-- Guests flying on United Airlines are subject to checked bag fees based on when they purchased their tickets and when they are flying. Verify the actual fees with United before traveling.

-- Guests flying on Alaska Airlines are not subject to bag fees at this time. NOTE: Alaska Airlines will be subject to excess bag fees effective July 1.

NOTE: Each airline has a long list of exceptions to these checked bag policies. Exceptions may include those who bought before the new rues, elite frequent fliers (and those traveling with them on the same reservation), first class passengers, full-fare economy passengers, and government and military fare passengers. Consult with your airline on its exact policies before traveling. The Resort Airline Check-in Desk may be also be able to provide you with airline-specific fee information.

Baggage Airline Guest Services (the fee collection service, not the Resort Airline Check-in Desks) operates seven days a week between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. If paying for excess luggage fees through Baggage Airline Guest Services you must pay with a credit card: MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Resort Airline Check-In desks are unable to collect luggage fees on behalf of the airlines.

For ALL airlines, luggage must be 50 pounds or less in order to use the service and it must comply with their airline's size dimension baggage policy. Overweight and oversized luggage cannot be accepted at the Resort Airline Check-In desks."

Hope this helps. It sounds complicated as I read it, but it's really much easier than it sounds.

Thank you both so much for all that info! I'm a Disneyland vet and I feel so lost right now!!! This helps bunches!
Everyone is happy to help :teeth:

If you have any other questions, don't hesistate to ask. Not only will it help ease your mind and answer your questions, but often times there are others who have similar questions and it can help them too :thumbsup2

Thanks Simba77!

I do have another question, I noticed there are standard rooms and preferred rooms. Is a preferred room really better and worth the extra money?

Good Morning POPers! I have a question that I have been looking everywhere for the answer but have been unable to find. Does anyone know if they have raised the price for a fridge rental at Pop?

Good Morning POPers! I have a question that I have been looking everywhere for the answer but have been unable to find. Does anyone know if they have raised the price for a fridge rental at Pop?

It's $12 a day for a fridge rental....but there are plenty of fridge swaps that you can participate in. This is the one I'm in:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1923101

For the price of one day rent through Disney you get your entire stay with a fridge and coffee pot (plus someone will be adding a toaster later in the month). If the dates you need aren't available, there are many other swaps around, just watch the board.

Thanks Simba77!

I do have another question, I noticed there are standard rooms and preferred rooms. Is a preferred room really better and worth the extra money?

Worth the money is a relative question.....the rooms are exactly the same but closer to the food court. So if you are the type that would be running from room to food court more than once, it might be worth it to you. I know many people go get coffee first thing in the morning, then go back later to bring back breakfast for everyone, or want to be able to quickly fill up their mugs, etc. For them it might be worth the extra money to save some time walking the further distance.

For my family, we don't do coffee, so we would get ready for the day and then go to the food court and then to the car and to the park.....so paying for a closer room isn't worth it to me. I also figure with as much walking as I'm gonna do all day, what's another block anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter