The Great Make Up Trip Of 2008~7/22- SEE YOU REAL SOON! (pg. 86) ~COMPLETED~

He likes all the typical foods from around here like Jambalaya, Gumbo, Ettoufee', Rice & Gravy, and then he likes pizza, burgers, etc. He doesn't venture out too much with veggies although I do have him eating broccoli now which he wouldn't have touched a year ago. We're getting there. It's a slow process. :rotfl: Oh and he did try calamari last year at Mama Melrose's......but then again, I didn't tell him what it was until half of it was gone. :rolleyes1

My dad makes seafood gumbo. Jambalaya and ettoufee is so yummy.
Congrats on the broccoli. I guess you just have to keep sneaking new food onto his plate :rotfl2:

Love your new clothes!!! The capris and tshirts are cute.

Yay for new clothes!!

I love capris!!

Disney shirts are great of course:thumbsup2
Capris are my friend.:thumbsup2

Oooooooooooooooo... Nice! :thumbsup2
Thanks!:)

Nice clothes.....I guess...;)
:rotfl2: Thanks

My dad makes seafood gumbo. Jambalaya and ettoufee is so yummy.
Congrats on the broccoli. I guess you just have to keep sneaking new food onto his plate :rotfl2:

Love your new clothes!!! The capris and tshirts are cute.
Thanks!
Yeah, I will keep at him. He's been trying new things lately so maybe there's hope.;)

What is ettoufee?
Etoufee' (pronounced A-too-fay) is usually prepared with seafood such as shrimp or crawfish and served over rice. The gravy is made with a light roux (roo), onions, and cayenne pepper, and is a reddish color. It is SOOO GOOD!!
Depending on what side of the state you are on depends on the flavor and the spicy-ness. My side tends to be more spicy than New Orleans.

Here's a pic of some crawfish etouffee'....
2375514754_66a76ea8b6_o.jpg

Hey Blue this Brit also loves Dirty Rice, :thumbsup2 I don't like hot spicy taste but did eat Jambalaaya in New Orleans.;) DSIL is from Alabama so you know he eats all that stuff he totally grosses the girls out when he eats crawfish. :scared1: His Mom introduced us to dirty rice and we all love it along with Big Beans and cornbread. Oh I forgot when I was in New Orleans I loved shrimp Po Boys!!:love:

Sorry I have to cacth up.

EPCOT
Le Cantina De San Angel (Mexico) - We did this one last time and it was OK. I think the only reason I'm not saying "good" was because I really don't remember what it tasted like. I was sick, the wind was blowing all the food off of the table, and it started raining on us while we were eating. We may give this another try. Not sure though because there are so many to choose from in Epcot!
Electric Umbrella - May try if we are in the vicinity when it's time to eat.
Liberty Inn- This is on the list in case we can't find anything else that appeals to us in WS

So that's our CS in a nutshell. What are your favorite Counter Service locations at Epcot??

Remember that japanese place I told you about in your TR?
That place was great!

Your clothes are so cute! Those shirts on Disney Shopping are a great deal! I ordered 2 each for the kids (including the TS one) and 1 for me.

Mmmmm etoufee! Do you have a good recipe or do you just throw it together? I'm not very creative so I have to have a recipe for everything.:laughing:

I hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Whew!

:bday:

Hope you have a Happy.

Your clothes are so cute! Those shirts on Disney Shopping are a great deal! I ordered 2 each for the kids (including the TS one) and 1 for me.

Mmmmm etoufee! Do you have a good recipe or do you just throw it together? I'm not very creative so I have to have a recipe for everything.:laughing:

I hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Blue Hope you have a great day!!

HAPPY BIRFDAY!

:lmao: pixiedust: pixiedust: party: :bday: :jumping1: :rainbow: :rainbow:

2378920150_2507d456d1_o.jpg

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes!!! What a nice thing to see when coming back to my thread!:grouphug:

Hey Blue this Brit also loves Dirty Rice, :thumbsup2 I don't like hot spicy taste but did eat Jambalaaya in New Orleans.;) DSIL is from Alabama so you know he eats all that stuff he totally grosses the girls out when he eats crawfish. :scared1: His Mom introduced us to dirty rice and we all love it along with Big Beans and cornbread. Oh I forgot when I was in New Orleans I loved shrimp Po Boys!!:love:
I LOOOVE MY BOILED CRAWFISH!! :thumbsup2

Sorry I have to cacth up.

Remember that japanese place I told you about in your TR?
That place was great!

The Japanese place sounds good for me to try but DH may not go for it. I'll keep it in mind, though. Thanks!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter