The Force is Strong in This One: SWW and Celebration VI, Disney Done Differently

Do you know how many times we walked past the area with the Shoot-A-Trooper and didn't realize what it was. Makes it worse that I wanted to do it.:lmao:

We got a pic of Jacob in the emperors chair too.

My boys will want to know that secret. ;)

Very cool that Dee Bradley Baker stopped and talked to Anakin. You kept texting me people you were seeing and we didn't have a clue who they are. We know all the people in the Star Wars movies, but it seems my boys are horrible Clone War's fans and don't know anyone. :sad2:

And I am so jealous that you saw all those Wookies. We saw a pic of all of them. :cool1:

Oh no! I'm so sorry you missed the Shoot-A-Trooper!

The photo ops were very cool. We didn't take advantage of most of them until the last few hours of the event and then we didn't make it to them all.

He is sworn to secrecy.

If it wasn't for SWW, we wouldn't know the Clone Wars people either. My guys didn't start watching right away. Now we all watch it together as a family on a Friday night.

The wookies were amazing! Some of them looked like they were on stilts.

Thanks for taking the time to read and post! It was a taste of heaven for him, and pretty cool for us too!

You may relate more when I tell you the man in serious conversation with Anakin is the voice of Perry the Platypus on Phinneas and Ferb! Or his voices on Ben 10, Fairly Odd Parents, Legend of Korra, etc.

That was just a fluke the first time!

I was so impressed how he got down on the floor! That means alot!

I tell you, the force is strong in this one! It was very cool!

I really think it does too.

I love it "wookie dust" :goodvibes

so wonderful Anakin got to have some one on one with Dee! love that these stars are so great to their fans!

I was hoping to do another update today, but that will have to wait for another day. Instead, Anakin started taking acting lessons. He'll be in two different classes. One is mainstreamed and the other is for special needs. This was a great thing for him! All the exercises they did today required that gray thinking that he struggles with. At first he didn't catch on, but eventually he did. His favorite part was the make up lesson. They learned how apply latex and paint to make "flesh wounds". His looked really nasty. He enjoyed some zombie walking after. It will be fun to watch his growth!

I was hoping to do another update today, but that will have to wait for another day. Instead, Anakin started taking acting lessons. He'll be in two different classes. One is mainstreamed and the other is for special needs. This was a great thing for him! All the exercises they did today required that gray thinking that he struggles with. At first he didn't catch on, but eventually he did. His favorite part was the make up lesson. They learned how apply latex and paint to make "flesh wounds". His looked really nasty. He enjoyed some zombie walking after. It will be fun to watch his growth!

Oh that is wonderful!!

I am so jealous. This looks like so much fun.

The whole thing looks nice, the room and the exhibition.

Love all the pics.

What a cool and fun way to help Anakin build new skills on those he already has!! Sounds like a great experience for sure!

First I have to say - How cool Anakin is taking acting lessons!!! Please keep us posted on how they are going.

I am amazed at how much I learn through your thread. I never new about Celebration and am truly in awe! All the hands on stations they have and the interactions they do with people is fantastic. I do hope the face painters were ok. Dee Bradley Bakers time with Anakin looked great - how he looked so serious telling Anakin about the new season and giving him "secrets". You could tell from the pics that Anakin was in deep conversation!

LOVED the shooting the storm troopers - you can tell Anakin did to - priceless pics.

So sad though, that they had to do a session on Bullied. And that a child was bullied because of her interest in Star Wars. I'm not sure what has happen to people when I hear things like this - just very, very sad. I do hope the ending to the girls story was a happy one and not sad like they sometimes turn out.

Again, love your thread and can't wait to hear more about day 2.
Have a great day!!

I am so jealous. This looks like so much fun.

The whole thing looks nice, the room and the exhibition.

Love all the pics.

Oh it was! I think every Star Wars fan should try to get to at least one Celebration!

Thanks!

What a cool and fun way to help Anakin build new skills on those he already has!! Sounds like a great experience for sure!

A couple years ago, he went for neurocognitive testing. The psychologist who did the testing had recommended he take dance, acting or martial arts to help him become more aware of where and what his body is doing in space and time. Procioception, I think that's the word that was used.

First I have to say - How cool Anakin is taking acting lessons!!! Please keep us posted on how they are going.

I will!

I am amazed at how much I learn through your thread. I never new about Celebration and am truly in awe! All the hands on stations they have and the interactions they do with people is fantastic. I do hope the face painters were ok. Dee Bradley Bakers time with Anakin looked great - how he looked so serious telling Anakin about the new season and giving him "secrets". You could tell from the pics that Anakin was in deep conversation!

Celebration V was the first one I had heard about. Thanks to another friend of mine who has an adult son with Aspergers and Star Wars is also his area of hyperfocus! They gave us the heads up for VI!

LOVED the shooting the storm troopers - you can tell Anakin did to - priceless pics.

So sad though, that they had to do a session on Bullied. And that a child was bullied because of her interest in Star Wars. I'm not sure what has happen to people when I hear things like this - just very, very sad. I do hope the ending to the girls story was a happy one and not sad like they sometimes turn out.

Again, love your thread and can't wait to hear more about day 2.
Have a great day!!

I have yet to buy her book and read it, but it sure sounded very insightful and helpful to everyone. I would recommend reading it.

Last week many Star Wars fans felt cyber bullied as a Florida news station uploaded pictures from Celebration VI with roasting type comments associated with the pictures. The reporter thought he was posting this in good jest, but Star Wars fans across the country found this display in poor taste. Star Wars fans across the world united together to get those comments down and an aplogy from the news station. Star Wars fans are a special type of family.

I am taking my "skyguy" to the doctor today. His oxygen levels are low, so going to get it checked. He's had a cough for a few days, but yesterday he felt so much better.

I am taking my "skyguy" to the doctor today. His oxygen levels are low, so going to get it checked. He's had a cough for a few days, but yesterday he felt so much better.

Oh no. I hope he's okay.

Hope all is well at the doctor today!! Does Anakin take allergy meds? I know if I go off of mine, I have a chronic cough from nasal drainage and continual sinus infections.

Wow, Day 2 is off to an amazing start (or finish, I can't tell if it ended or not). I agree with other posters, soooo much Wookie dust! pixiedust:pixiedust: The actors are really gracious and I love how they treat Anakin. I think the pictures from the panel turned out really well, I don't understand any of the photography jargon, but they looked good to me. :thumbsup2

Wow, I think acting classes will be such a blessing for him. It sounds really neat. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear more about it as he continues to go.

Oh no. I hope he's okay.

I think we caught it in time. Late yesterday afternoon he started to need nebulizer treatments every 4 hours. I called this morning to see if they could squeeze him in and take a look at him. She gave him an antibiotic and steroids. I sure hope the other kids from class yesterday don't get sick.

Hope all is well at the doctor today!! Does Anakin take allergy meds? I know if I go off of mine, I have a chronic cough from nasal drainage and continual sinus infections.

He is allergic to oak pollen and does take allergy medicine when it's that season. So right now, that shouldn't be a problem.

Wow, Day 2 is off to an amazing start (or finish, I can't tell if it ended or not). I agree with other posters, soooo much Wookie dust! pixiedust:pixiedust: The actors are really gracious and I love how they treat Anakin. I think the pictures from the panel turned out really well, I don't understand any of the photography jargon, but they looked good to me. :thumbsup2

Wow, I think acting classes will be such a blessing for him. It sounds really neat. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear more about it as he continues to go.

It didn't end, just my time to post updates for now did.

Gotta love wookie dust!

They were extemely gracious.

I don't either. I think this camera is going to take me years to figure out. Dumb luck seemed to be in my favor!

He goes back Thursday for the next one.

As I sat there watching him do the exercises with the other kids, I thought of all the therapy he was getting out of this mental gymnastics. The one exercise they had to do something and then tell everyone they were doing something they clearly were not. How's that for thinking gray?! There was more to it than that, but that was just as good as occupational therapy for him!

Another exercise they did was to try to convince someone to take their pen. They were given a list of techniques to try, begging, bribing, annoying, etc. They were to go through the whole list doing something different for each one and different from each other. Now that used alot of thinking! They came up with such unique ideas that I would have never dreamed of trying. It took Anakin a little longer to come up with the ideas and the teachers asked him questions to help him reach his objectives.

He was also much slower up and down the stage. He clung to the railing going down, but he did it solo! And caught up to them down the aisle after he got down.

The other kids were amazing. They are all homeschoolers aged 8 to 18. They all encouraged each other with positive feedback. It was so nice to see them get along so well. It was a great learning environment!

I think we caught it in time. Late yesterday afternoon he started to need nebulizer treatments every 4 hours. I called this morning to see if they could squeeze him in and take a look at him. She gave him an antibiotic and steroids. I sure hope the other kids from class yesterday don't get sick.

He is allergic to oak pollen and does take allergy medicine when it's that season. So right now, that shouldn't be a problem.

It didn't end, just my time to post updates for now did.

Gotta love wookie dust!

They were extemely gracious.

I don't either. I think this camera is going to take me years to figure out. Dumb luck seemed to be in my favor!

He goes back Thursday for the next one.

As I sat there watching him do the exercises with the other kids, I thought of all the therapy he was getting out of this mental gymnastics. The one exercise they had to do something and then tell everyone they were doing something they clearly were not. How's that for thinking gray?! There was more to it than that, but that was just as good as occupational therapy for him!

Another exercise they did was to try to convince someone to take their pen. They were given a list of techniques to try, begging, bribing, annoying, etc. They were to go through the whole list doing something different for each one and different from each other. Now that used alot of thinking! They came up with such unique ideas that I would have never dreamed of trying. It took Anakin a little longer to come up with the ideas and the teachers asked him questions to help him reach his objectives.

He was also much slower up and down the stage. He clung to the railing going down, but he did it solo! And caught up to them down the aisle after he got down.

The other kids were amazing. They are all homeschoolers aged 8 to 18. They all encouraged each other with positive feedback. It was so nice to see them get along so well. It was a great learning environment!

I doubt they will get sick.

The class sounds really good for him. Plus be something he likes at the same time. A real win win!

Hope your little fella is doing better tonight! Hope he (and you) can get some rest tonight.

I doubt they will get sick.

The class sounds really good for him. Plus be something he likes at the same time. A real win win!

Yes. He was so nervous to go there though. So glad he loved it.

Hope your little fella is doing better tonight! Hope he (and you) can get some rest tonight.

He isn't coughing as much and his O2 Sat is higher between nebulizer treatments!

hope the meds will get Anakin feeling good soon! so happy he is enjoying his new acting classes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter