The food of Disney past...

I miss the original Citru Swirls.They used to be Frozen Oj and soft serve vanilla ice cream.Now it is Sherbert.Still good but not as good and definitely not the same.

Back in 93 we're were there for our anniversary and I remember we had a sit down dinner in "Italy" at Epcot. I don't remember the name but my husband still talks about the little potato that came with his dinner. He said it was like mashed potatoes that were rolled up and deep fried (so like a littel log) but had a taste of mint? I have NO CLUE what he's talking about. Do you? And is it still available?

We miss Pink Leilanis which were a strawberry orange juice combination served at Tangaroa Terrace and Coral Isle Cafe.

GF Ice tea served at the GF Cafe.

Lunch at CRT when the food was good...not the early days and not now. More mid 90s to 2005 or so.

We miss breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace and Tony's although we didn't make it to Tony's often.

We miss lunch at California Grill (only lasted a short time) and especially at Narcoossee's.

The fruit and cheese plate at Rose and Crown when it was good.

Ham and Swiss cheese on a pretzel roll at the Electric Umbrella (2005). When we went there they had some really good sandwiches but this one stood out as my favourite. I got it in February and by the time I returned in December of the same year, it was gone.

For the person that mentioned the pineapple & caramel at O'Hanas - last time we were there I requested that as our dessert (I don't like bananas) and they brought it to me with no problem...

Back in 93 we're were there for our anniversary and I remember we had a sit down dinner in "Italy" at Epcot. I don't remember the name but my husband still talks about the little potato that came with his dinner. He said it was like mashed potatoes that were rolled up and deep fried (so like a littel log) but had a taste of mint? I have NO CLUE what he's talking about. Do you? And is it still available?

sounds like a potato croquette, I've never had them at Disney but have found them at Italian restaurants at home, but not mint flavored. They are really tasty, it's like crispy fried mashed potatoes, so good!

What you are describing is a potato croquette, which is available in abundance here in NYC at Italian restaurants and specialty gourmet shops (we get them all the time!). A taste of mint? I never had this in a potato croquette, but some people may put a little basil into them, which is in the mint family.

I miss lunch at Cinderellas Castle. My Mom and I always ate there. Like someone else said you could make a ressie the day of and they had a full menu. We always got the chicken caesar salad and they mixed it right at the table. They also served rolls with butter and the butter was shaped like mickey - he even stood up.

Someone else who misses the chicken caesar salad lunch at Cinderella's Castle. By far the biggest loss is not having that. Although I discovered last year that the one that GFC serves tastes very similar. I also miss the peach tarts at Boulangerie Pasterrie in France. Last time I was there, the CM said they'd been out of them for months with no sign of them returning. I also miss the pistachio gelato at BCV Marketplace. That stuff was great!

we were bummed last year to find that 50's prime time cafe no longer has crinkle cut french fries. they were great but have been replaced with more traditional boring fries. not nearly as tasty. :(

also - amber waves of grain at liberty tree tavern - that was so good - a great vegetarian option! the new noodle dish or whatever it was that replaced it was not nearly as good. :(

For the person that mentioned the pineapple & caramel at O'Hanas - last time we were there I requested that as our dessert (I don't like bananas) and they brought it to me with no problem...

AWESOME! That makes me so excited :) I shall ask next time :)

I miss the Beef Burgundy stew they used to have at Les Chefs de France back in the 1980's,
and the Toll House cookie stand in Liberty Square,
and the teriyaki/pineapple burgers you could get in Adventureland.

I will always miss the Papeete Bay Verandah (now Ohana) restaurant and everything they served.

I love the Monte Cristo they have at Blue Bayou at DLR, and I vaguely recall they used to serve those at Columbia Harbour House.

I also miss the Empress Lily at DTD(now Fulton's) and the Steerman's Quarters. I had some wonderful meals there with DW way back in the day.:earsboy:

Quick hello to Uncleromulus whom I believe also remembers much of this,.:)

I miss the restaurant in Norway. Before the princess buffet they used to have the best buffet. It was huge! They had a big section with cold meats, salads and breads and a section with hot foods. They had the best meatballs and mashed rudabegas (I spelled that wrong). They also had a big kids' section. The last time we went, it was such a dissappiontment. That restaurant was always a must do for us. We haven't been there in years.

I heard that the hot dogs at Casey's are no longer foot longs. I'm going to miss splitting one with my husband. I'll have to get my own. :)

I miss the restaurant in Norway. Before the princess buffet they used to have the best buffet. It was huge! They had a big section with cold meats, salads and breads and a section with hot foods. They had the best meatballs and mashed rudabegas (I spelled that wrong). They also had a big kids' section. The last time we went, it was such a dissappiontment. That restaurant was always a must do for us. We haven't been there in years.

I meant to mention that too. Being Scandinavian, I HATE what they have done to Akershus. My family had such a great meal there in 2000 and my straight from Denmark grandparents loved it. I refuse to go back now that they changed it.

Cottage/Shepherd's Pie, at Epcot's Rose & Crown. We're of British descent, and were so very, very disappointed dining there last year. It wasn't just the lack of the aforementioned selection, but the food was dreadful.

It had been a few years (5+) since we had been there, and we won't return there soon... :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!