The food of Disney past...

The frozen strawberry yogurt Minnie bars that the ice cream carts sold in the '90's.

To the person missing the Koko puffs from Kona: Are they the small frozen puff pastry balls filled with cream and served with chocolate? If so, we had them 2 years ago on our honeymoon. They weren't on the menu, but the waiter brought out a plate of them with a congratulations card after dinner. We kept going back to get more! The waiter told us we could ask for them anytime. Yum!

1)What foods do you miss the most that are no longer served?
Here's what I miss:
-Strawberry Swirls: Loved these!! I am not a Dole Whip fan, but I sure loved the Stawberry Swirls!

-Chicken Strips: I know the new tenders taste exactly the same. I just liked the strips

-Butter Griddled Pound Cake: This was a dessert from LTT. So good!!!

-Twinkie Tirimisu: Sold at Pop Century. Admittedly, I never got to try these but I always wanted to!

2) & if you could pick just one for Disney to bring back, what would it be?
If I could pick one to bring back, it would definitely be the Strawberry Swirls!:thumbsup2

ETA: Please include pics of these extinct treats if you have any!
It would have to be the Ploughman's Platter at Epcot's Rose and Crown. They now have a Ploughman's salad which is not adequate.

We will not eat at the R&C until they bring back the platter..

When we honeymooned at the Wilderness Lodge in 1995, I remember they had a coffee bar in the lobby. Each morning I bought this apple-cinnamon muffin for breakfast and it was soooo good. Big fresh chunks of apples, struesel topping to the muffin. Alas, the coffee bar is long gone, as are the muffins.:guilty:

Without a doubt I would totally bring back the shrimp wontons from Ohana's. Miss them so much! And the tortilla bowl salads at Dixie Landings food court.

I miss the fettuccine alfredo in Italy. It was where I first fell in love with this dish and I've yet to find one as good. :(

I miss the honey butter that came with the bread basket at LTT (lunch). Now its just plain ol' butter. And I miss "molded" butter. It use to come molded into a specific shape for each restaurants.

I really enjoy the new Tusker house, but also miss the counterservice food they served there. It was the best counterservice in the "World." I always got the corn chowder - yum.

"Squishy", white hot dog buns at Casey's and other places, not the dry, crumbly fall apart ones they have now... :crazy2:

I'd forgotten about the great Caesar salad mixed at your table in Cindy's castle. Hard to believe that you could make your ressie the same day, and that the food inside use to be ten times better than it is now... :sad2:

I miss lunch at Cinderellas Castle. My Mom and I always ate there. Like someone else said you could make a ressie the day of and they had a full menu. We always got the chicken caesar salad and they mixed it right at the table. They also served rolls with butter and the butter was shaped like mickey - he even stood up.

I also miss the sit down restaurant at POFQ - Bonfamiles. We loved the breakfast with the waffle and omelet station. But even better we really liked the cajun salad dressing.

...sorry had to comment that I'm picturing people hacking into poor Mickey with their knives until the guy falls over in defeat...followed by a general cry of distress from any small child in sight range...:rotfl2: I guess I really should figure out how not to be on the board at this hour.:)

The Cantina de San Angel in Epcot used to have some kind of watermelon drink. (non-alcoholic) It was really good! Does anyone else remember that? They haven't had it for years now.

The shrimp wontons at Ohana.

Twinkie Tiramisu at POP.

Those Mickey ice cream bars that had the vanilla face and chocolate ears.

...sorry had to comment that I'm picturing people hacking into poor Mickey with their knives until the guy falls over in defeat...followed by a general cry of distress from any small child in sight range...:rotfl2: I guess I really should figure out how not to be on the board at this hour.:)

Our older son used to delight in teasing his younger sister...."next I'm going to cut off Mickey's right foot." She would pretend to be horrified.

I miss the molded Mickey's too.

I miss most of what has already been mentioned: strawberry swirl, beavertails, white hot dog/hamburger buns, walking into CRT for a same-day reservation. I didn't even know that the peach tart was gone at Boulangerie and the pistaschio gelato at BC ~sob~ - we loved that flavor! The shrimp wontons at Ohana.

I also miss the onion strings at 50's PT, they were very good; the original Grand Floridian Burger at GF Cafe - with guacamole; the one they have now has asparagus and lobster on it! and priced at $17.:rolleyes: Miss the stuffed french toast at GF Cafe, too, although the stuffed croissant is good.

The Koko puffs at Kona Cafe - you can still get one if you have a special occasion, and there for a while, you could do a special request for a full order, but lately they don't seem to have enough on hand, and because they make them less frequently, they are not as fresh. Miss the blackened mahi mahi sandwich at Kona, the Kona chowder, and the good dressing on the Kona salad - they've changed that to be "healthier", I presume, no taste now.

DD could rattle off another dozen things that have gone away, I do know she still mourns the loss of the butternut squash and crab soup at Narcoossee's! She mentions it every time we're there, lol.

The sticky Mickey at the Concourse Steakhouse - is it available anywhere, now?

Oh, the bread bowl for the soups at CHH.

Prime Time 50s used to make a genuine homemade mac and cheese. It had a cheese sauce and then was topped with cheddar and broiled. It really had that home cooked taste to it and was my favourite meal of our 1991 trip when I was 9.

It's sad that mac and cheese has turned into Stouffer's world wide now except for a couple of locations.

I also miss the potato/pasta place at sunshine Seasons. The loaded baked potatoes were amazing! They also did mickey shaped pasta with a cheese sauce. I'm not a fan of Sunshine Seasons anymore.

My brother misses the double decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich from PT50s. His favourite meal as a 7 year old.

I have to second the breakfast at Tony's. That was a must do for us every trip.

Heather

I also miss the bread soup bowl at Columbia Harbour House, as well as the soup and sandwich combo.
I miss the crispy Chicken sandwich at the Tusker House, the best CS in all the world.
I miiss the butternut squash soup at Narcoossee's.
And I miss the old Empress Lilly and the Good Ole Days when Captain Jack's had a real seafood menu and was really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter