The food of Disney past...

I can't recall what the menu was at CRT in May 2005, but we LOVED it!! We like it now as well, but we really really loved it in 2005. Anyone remember the menu lol. The desserts were also amazing then!

Those beaver tails sound delish!

The Cantina de San Angel in Epcot used to have some kind of watermelon drink. (non-alcoholic) It was really good! Does anyone else remember that? They haven't had it for years now.

During the food and wine festival I bought a watermelon drink (non-alcoholic) from near the cantina.

During the food and wine festival I bought a watermelon drink (non-alcoholic) from near the cantina.

That drink has been replaced for a couple years or more during food and wine...we definately miss it..the new one isn't year as good...a green citrus something I think.

We miss a lot of things...

Monte Cristo sandwich from Columbia Harvour House

BBQ chicken and fixings from Fireworks Factory in DTD

BBQ chicken nachos from the cart/stand near the bridge in AK

The breakfast buffet the Poly used to have (20 years ago)

Ring Cakes from the bakery in Norway (EPCOT)

The Corn in the Cob from Typhoon Lagoon. It was in this big triangle cage cooking. It was the best we ever had. It was back in the 90's. We would love to have that again.

That drink has been replaced for a couple years or more during food and wine...we definately miss it..the new one isn't year as good...a green citrus something I think.
Darn it! I was planning to add the watermelon drink to my list of foods this year. DH loves the food at the stand next to the Mexicam pavillion during the F&W and I was going to add this to his order.

Webray: Talking about the breakfast buffet at Tangora Terrace?? That's the one we used to go to and it was as good as (or better) than anything they have now at any resort.

I miss the Odyssey Food Court in Epcot.

Also, anyone remember a CS place called Pure & Simple in the Wonders of Life Pavilion? That used to be a favorite for my mom & I.

I didn't read through the whole thread but I'm pretty sure that I am the only one who will mention the Citrus Creme Brulee at Coral Reef. Apparently, they offered it for a few months to a year (I don't really know how long in 2007) and it was very short-lived. No one ordered it, except for me and everyone complained.

But, I did love it. So it would be the Citrus Creme Brulee at Coral Reef for me!

I miss the maple BBQ filet at LeCellier!! I also miss the rice and they had at Ohana's.

What my biggest complaint is and what I miss the most is the better quality of food. The normal portion size. The non wheat buns that don't fall apart!! We just got back and noticed an even bigger decline in the food quality and portion size. They kept the prices the same. The only place that did not disappoint was Tutto Italia.

Sigh...this thread makes me sad.

That said I miss:

The Fried Boursin at 50's PT

Alfredo's Fettuccine Alfredo: I will never set foot in that mockery of a place they have now :rolleyes:

The Jack Daniel's Chocolate Cake at Yachtsman's

The Cheesesteak they used to have at Cosmic Ray's--I know it's not "real", or even that great, but there was something about it I just adored...

The Fried Chicken Sandwich at the Tusker House back when it was CS. Only got to have it once, but man was that good.

The french toast at the Disney Inn was my favorite as a kid:thumbsup2

The deep dish pizza they used to serve at the place where Tomorrowland Noodle Station is now was good too...

How are the current ones different? I haven't seen them since 2007.

2903143211_34324bfc89.jpg

The NEW Figaro Fries. :sad2: I never got to try the orginal, but I did get some ranch from the condiment station and I added it on post-photo.

Ok.... I have a few "off the wall" ones.

Key lime creme brulee at CRT

Flavored butters/spreads at Hollywood and Vine

Baked cod and horseradish mashed potatoes at Akershus

Steak with red wine butter at Concourse!!!!!!

I miss the croissant with egg cheese and ham. At the bakery on main street at the MK. MMMMM calorlies :bitelip:

There used to be this salad at the MK, back in tomorrowland I think... It was chicken, potatoes and green beans and was in my memory one of the very best CS meals I had... Of course its been many years and the memory sure isn't what it used to be ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!