The First Official Tiki Room Fan Trip Report (with pictures!)

Okay more of Day 7!!

When we got to Epcot we went on Soarin' (my 2nd favorite WDW ride!) and then went on the Figment ride again so this time I could video tape it and attempt to catch the HM's I noticed. I submitted a few HM's to Steven Barrett and one of the Figment ones he had already "debunked" and the other one I sent, he logged it and will research it to see if it really was a HM. I think it is. What do you guys think? It's kinda fuzzy here (it was dark there) but it is a gold, glittery what appears to be a HM.

100_6770_00.jpg

This is the HM on the way out of the Figment ride. It's between the I and the M.

100_6890-1.jpg

Once again we missed Honey I Shrunk the Audience because a show had just started and we didn't have time to wait for the next one.

As we were walking around, this monorail stopped here for a while. I took advantage and got some pictures.

100_6892.jpg

We took the monorails over to MK to finish up what we hadn't seen yet. We headed for Adventureland and went on the Jungle Cruise. It's always fun because of the corny jokes the CMs barrage you with. We were almost the only 2 people going out on our cruise, but they waited around long enough that a few others arrived, too. I checked to see if the HM I discovered last year was still there, and it was. And it isn't mentioned on Steven Barrett's site or in his book yet, so I submitted that one to him, too, and he's going to research it. Now this one I *KNOW* is a HM -- it's way too obvious. I can't believe no one else has seen it and submitted it to SB yet. You can't really see it unless the JC is busy and you're waiting in a long line. And if you can only really see what it is if you are looking directly down at it.

100_3080.jpg

Here's a few pictures from the JC.

100_6920-1.jpg

100_6909_00-1.jpg

100_6899_00.jpg

100_6900.jpg

100_6902.jpg

100_6898.jpg

And this is the spider with the HM on its back that is in the Cambodian temple ruins. I almost didn't get this shot - I'm not sure why it came out kinda sideways (?!)

100_6918.jpg

Then next we went into (drum roll, please!) The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management!

100_3065.jpg

All together now.... "In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room, all the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room!!" :dance3: I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this corny show even if it WAS better before they changed it twice. I saw three different versions of the show and still prefer the original one the most. But I still get a kick outta this. I have all of the Disney parks music CDs and this is always a favorite one to listen to!!

100_3064.jpg

100_3069.jpg

100_3073.jpg

100_3071.jpg

100_6922_00.jpg

I took some pictures of the upside down HM's on the bird perches after the show. Here'sa couple of them

100_6923-1.jpg

100_6925_00.jpg

And, not only is my name here Tiki Room Fan, but I also have a beagle named Tiki. Here she is

beagle.jpg
greenplaidsweater.jpg

I bought her minnie mouse ears while at Disney but we haven't had a chance to take her picture with them on yet. I was hoping to have done that by now so that I could post it.

Next we did the Country Bear Jamboree...it's kinda corny too, but it's entertaining!

100_3126.jpg

100_3117.jpg

Next we went to Frontierland and played the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade. I love shooting galleries!! This cactus sports a HM.

100_6938.jpg

Next we planned on taking the monorail to GF so I could find a few souveniers. I remembered during one of my visits to WDW when I stayed at GF the shopping was excellent!

As we passed the fire station store on Main Street, I decided to go in and see what types of pet gifts they had and waaaay in the back noticed a rack with stuffed Mickeys dressed like a police officer. I work at a police department and thought these would be cute to bring back to a few of the girls back at the office, so I got some for them and one for me, of course.

We took the monorail to GF. The shop I was looking for was no longer there and I didn't end up buying anything from any of the stores. It was still fun to hear the band playing and absorb the atmosphere.

*I need to continue this on the next page because when I attempted to submit this, it told me I had too many images.*

We got the monorail back to MK (or was it the TTC?) and then took a bus back to POFQ. I stopped by the gift shop to pick up my packages from shopping at the parks the day before.

We enter our room and find this:

100_6746.jpg

100_6750.jpg

Towel bunnies!!!!! :goodvibes I'm not sure who it was that left these, but it wasn't Jose. The person who took over for him never left their card. There were different "touches" around the room, too, different from what Jose had been doing. There was a wash cloth folded fancy over the sink faucets (I know I photographed this but don't seem to have the photo) and a little bow left by the tub, etc. These little bunnies are too cute for words! I pain stakingly packed them in my luggage when it was time for us to leave. They are now on my dresser in the bedroom! I still can't believe all of the towel art we got this time!!

I went to the food court for coffee and we relaxed in the room for a while.

Around 9:00p.m. we headed down to the Scat Cat Lounge to catch Elliott's show. I filmed a lot of his show that night. What was really cute and I wish I had gotten a picture of, was when Elliott was singing "My Girl" for some reason all of the CM's working in the food court were lined up near the food court door that leads to where Scat Cat Lounge is and they were listening to the song. It looked really cute. Then just before midnight we went to the food court to see what we could find to eat. We ended up ordering a very small pizza and an order of 3 bread sticks with dipping sauce and took them back to our room. The pizza and bread sticks were very good and just enough...especially for that time of night. I relaxed with my coffee and did a little packing and eventually went to sleep. I was bummed out because I knew that this was the last night sleeping at WDW. :(

So that was Day 7 - Friday.

Thanks for reading my TR!! I'll add more tomorrow! One more day to go. :wave2:

All right...Day 8. Saturday. The day we head home.

I really overslept today (can you blame me?!) I didn't get up until 8:00 a.m. I went for coffee and Diet Coke and once the DF was dressed we went for breakfast in the food court. I had a waffle with a side of grits and DF had the egg and cheese sandwich with bacon on a croissant.

We went back to our room and did the rest of our packing. I had to run down to the gift shop to buy another tote bag because everything wouldn't fit back into the luggage (souveniers!) Once we were finished, I left my last tip envelope for mousekeeping and we called the desk to have some help taking our luggage to the storage area. In the meantime, I wrote a longer thank you note for mousekeeping for their fun service and for the towel art and bunnies and DF left a note for them to help themselves to the left over bottles of spring water we had (about 10 bottles) that were in our fridge.

For those of you who bring notebook computers like I did, if you take them to the registration desk in the lobby, they tag them for you and put them in a locked room behind the front desk. That's safer than just checking it with your regular luggage. They said that is safe, too, but you know how people are with laptops.

Despite having purchased the 8 day park hoppers, we decided not to go to any of the parks today because when you take ME they end up picking you up about three hours prior to your flight time. It would have just been rushing around and then being sweaty and having to fly home that way. So, like we did last year on our last day, we took the boat from POFQ to DD. We couldn't understand why at the boat dock the area where you exit the boats has this nice covered sitting area with ceiling fans but the area where you wait to board the boats is just out in the blazing sun with a couple of umbrellas to stand under. Why would you need to sit when you exit the boat?!

Once at DD I headed for World of Disney. I had some serious shopping to do and HM's to find. I was on a mission. The DF went off to do some shopping so we split up and kept in contact via cell phones.

Here's a HM on the outside of the building

100_6953-1.jpg

Here's some of the new Pirates of the Caribbean displays at WOD.

100_6954.jpg

100_6957.jpg

100_6955-1.jpg

100_6956.jpg

Here's a few Halloween displays in WOD:

100_6959-1.jpg

100_6958-2.jpg

100_6978.jpg

In the high ceilinged central room, I photographed a bunch of the HMs found there. Here they are.

In this one, you can see two of them. One is on Tweedle Dee's apron, the other is on a flag. These count as two separate HM's.

100_6965-1.jpg

In this mural, there is a HM over the chinese theatre doors.

100_6968-2.jpg

On the walls in the central Genie Room, HMs are found on the compass paintings and also on the red wallpaper below it. You have to stand at a certain angle to see the HMs on the wallpaper. I managed to catch them on film. The compass and wallpaper HM's count as 2 separate HM's.

100_6970-1.jpg

On the walls in the Genie Room, there are antique looking maps on wood panels painted to look like tapestries. They have land masses resembling the side profiles of Mickey, Goofy, Pooh and Donald Duck.

100_6975-1.jpg

100_6977-1.jpg

100_6976-1.jpg

100_6974-1.jpg

100_6973-1.jpg

On the wall in the Villain Room, there's a HM on Cruella DeVille's left wrist.

100_6960-1.jpg

There used to be a HM on a mural in the Alice in Wonderland room, it was the three of clubs on a playing card, but the Alice in Wonderland room was replaced by the candy room, so that mural isn't there anymore. A lost HM. :sad2:

I got in line and paid for all of my stuff. I used my Chase Disney card and got the discount and realized a few days earlier when I shopped here, they forgot to take the discount off. The cashier was going to adjust it for me, but I didn't have the receipt with me. I did call Chase a few days later after I got home, and they went ahead and credited my discount right away.

I called the DF and he was over by the dock having a frozen drink. So I headed that way.

I think I took this HM outside Team Mickey Athletic Club.

100_6952-1.jpg

I had a frozen margarita and the DF got a beer and I took these two pictures of what are supposed to be HM's, but to me they just seem like part of the design of the chair and railing. Not really hidden.

100_6980-1.jpg

100_6982.jpg

We wanted to check out Raglan, so we headed alllll the way over there (well it seems farther when it's really hot and humid out and you're carrying bags...including candy!) It was 2:30 and even though they are open for lunch and dinner, they weren't open yet. I did at least take a picture.

100_6983.jpg

We walked around a little more and did a little shopping. We went into Disney Tails where I bought Tiki her Minnie Mouse ears and then wandered into Pooh Corner. I just happened to notice in a clear space of the store, where no people were, a crisp new twenty dollar bill lying in plain view on the floor. I looked around and didn't see anybody in the immediate area and figured more than likely a kid dropped it because most adults wouldn't be walking around shopping holding their money. I figured if I said something out loud, anyone could claim it, the same if I handed it in to the cashier. So I figured I'd walk around a little and see if anyone appeared to be looking around for money they lost. Sure enough, within 5 minutes, I hear a mom telling her son (loudly) "I gave you twenty dollars to spend and you lost it!" We walked over and I held up the twenty and their faces lit up!! I said I was walking around waiting to see if I can find the owner and sure enough! They kept thanking me. :goodvibes That was my warm fuzzy good deed of the day!! I've lost money, jewelry, etc in the past and wasn't fortunate enough to ever get it back - so I know how it feels to have lost something and how great it would feel to actually get it back!!!

I'm almost done with my TR, but I have to run out right now. Hopefully I can finish later tonight!

Thanks for reading so far!! :sunny:

Wow. I left for a few days and came back to two new installments! Ca-ching! :thumbsup2 I feel like I hit the jackpot! :banana: Cant' wait to hear more.

BTW, what is raglan road. I evidently missed this. :confused3 :teeth:

WOW! I am sooooo behind! I can't get over how many hidden Mickeys you saw! Love the pics!

Eeyore's Tiara said:
Wow. I left for a few days and came back to two new installments! Ca-ching! :thumbsup2 I feel like I hit the jackpot! :banana: Cant' wait to hear more.

BTW, what is raglan road. I evidently missed this. :confused3 :teeth:

Raglan is an Irish Pub and Restaurant over in Pleasure Island. We figured since they were open for lunch and dinner, they'd be open at 2:30. :confused3 Hmm...seems by the time they open for lunch it's almost time for dinner, no? LOL.

Glendamax said:
WOW! I am sooooo behind! I can't over how many hidden Mickeys you saw! Love the pics!

Gmax!! I know it!!! I'm extremely behind in everything here, too. I haven't read all of your TR yet or your mom's. I have been so busy lately and sick for the longest time (finally getting over it!) and VERY SLEEPY. I think I'm finally catching up on my sleep deficit. The past few days at work I have felt so awake and alert. Makes me realize how tired I've been for a long time. To me getting a lot of sleep is 5-6 hours a night. I usually only get 3 or 4. It's midnight right now, but we ate a late dinner tonight and I can't go right to bed after eating, so I'm going to attempt to finally finish my TR.

Okay lets see...I left off with us at the Marketplace having frozen drinks. When we finished we walked over to Capn Jacks and we each had a beer.

We took the boat back to the hotel and went and sat at Mardi Grogs by the pool. Kind of our last hoorah and we toasted another great week at a WDW! I had a frozen margarita and the DF had a beer.

We went and got my laptop from the desk and waited outside for our ME bus ride back to MCO. Another couple and their son from Manchester, CT were waiting for the bus, too. They were on the same flight as us. Our ME bus was late picking us up. We boarded after 5:00 p.m. I think we were waiting at least 40 minutes and the bus was pretty crowded already. We stopped at Old Key West resort and then on to the airport. We got checked in and stopped for lunch at a bar in the airport (Island Oasis?) It was food from next door at Sbarro's. The DF had chicken parm with ziti and a breadstick and I had a slice of the pan crust veggie delight. Not a bad lunch.

We arrived at our gate just as they were calling the "A" boarding pass holders to board.

Our plane was full and at the last minute a dad and his daughter (she was about 10 I'd say) got on and couldn't find 2 seats together so he sat in the seat in front of us and his daughter sat with us. She was very nice, friendly and polite. We talked about our vacations all the way back to CT! We were poking fun at her dad cuz he seemed to be chicken to go on some of the rides (he looked like a burly construction worker-type.) LOL!

I took a couple of pictures of the sunset. It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful vacation!! :goodvibes:

100_6999.jpg

100_7006.jpg

100_7015.jpg

100_7011.jpg

100_7012.jpg

100_7018.jpg

Taaa daaa!!!!! The end!!! That concludes my TR!! :cheer2:

A few days ago the DF was online researching WDW prices for February, etc. LOL!! He's hooked!!! :dance3:

Thanks for reading my TR!! I had a lot of fun writing it even if it was a lot of work and took forever to get finished. I can't wait to go back and write my next one!!! All of you Disboarders are the best!!! :thumbsup2

:wave:

*Just as I finished this the new Disney commercial came on TV!! It's a sign!!! Mickey is calling me!!!

Great Trip Report, thank you so very much for taking the time to share it with all of us - I know from experience that it's a labor of love! :thumbsup2

I loved your trip report! Thank you so much for the time you put into it. I appreciate the excitement that comes with reading a good trip report. I also loved the pictures of your dog, Tiki. We have 2 beagles (Tally and Toby). They are great dogs! :thumbsup2

Hi there
Just read the rest of your report and saw all of the pictures. Is it time to get reardy to pack again and go ??????? I'm ready. I can not believe I'm saying that.

Loved the closing shots on your report!

Hearing how long it took you to feel "normal" again, makes me feel alot better. I thought something was wrong with me since it took me so long to get better!

Glendamax said:
Loved the closing shots on your report!

Hearing how long it took you to feel "normal" again, makes me feel alot better. I thought something was wrong with me since it took me so long to get better!

Thanks Gmax! But get THIS....as of yesterday morning while at work, I started to get a reeeealllllyyy bad sore throat ... by last night I felt like I had a fever, wicked sore throat, awful headache and my sinuses are killing me. I got really thirsty and got indigestion. YIKES! What's this all about?! I thought I was done being sick! I'm supposed to be getting a flu shot at work on Tues. morning, I hope this clears up by then! Sick again!!! :sad2: It's all this freezing New England weather I bet!! I need to get back down to sunny hot Florida!!!! :sunny:

gmaxmom said:
Hi there
Just read the rest of your report and saw all of the pictures. Is it time to get reardy to pack again and go ??????? I'm ready. I can not believe I'm saying that.

Gmaxmom I am soooooo ready to pack and go back there!! I was really having crazy thoughts of going back for a few days during my vacation between Christmas and New Years with DS21, but from what I hear, it's very crowded then. I don't want to go and wait in line! I'm spoiled now!!

iamjkmb said:
I loved your trip report! Thank you so much for the time you put into it. I appreciate the excitement that comes with reading a good trip report. I also loved the pictures of your dog, Tiki. We have 2 beagles (Tally and Toby). They are great dogs! :thumbsup2

Thanks iamjkmb! Awwww Tally and Toby?? That's too cute! Yes they really are great dogs! Tiki is a little diva and she knows it!!

SteveN73 said:
Great pics!

Thanks, Steve! Hey the Disney Portal? Never saw that before!!! I'm gonna hafta go check it out!!

Eeyore's Tiara said:
Awesome trip report! Are you sure there isn't anymore??? I give it two thumbs up! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks Eeyore's Tiara! I wish there was more!! But, the good thing is, I still have your TR to read and I have to finish reading GMax's and her mom's, too. Plus any new ones. I've been so busy I really haven't had a chance to check the board lately.

Viki said:
Great Trip Report, thank you so very much for taking the time to share it with all of us - I know from experience that it's a labor of love! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Viki!! Yes it is a labor of love! Lots of work, especially adding and resizing pictures (but Flock through photobucket takes all the work out of loading a ton of pics and it resizes them to your desired size as it's uploading. I wish I found flock sooner!) but it's a lot of fun to relive your vac here!

The thing I love about the DIS is I learn something new every day. Your pictures showed me things I didn't even know existed.

Wow you did a good deed with the $20, I would of never thought to wait around like you did.

I am going to move your TR to the completed boards. :thumbsup2 Thanks again for sharing your WDW trip with us.

OhMari
Trip Report Moderator

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter