The First Official Tiki Room Fan Trip Report (with pictures!)

Tiki Room Fan said:
I'm not sure who this princess was (?)

100_6793.jpg

That's Mulan

Tiki Room Fan said:
Not sure who these bears were (shame on me!)

100_6849_00.jpg

And that's Kenai from Brother Bear.

Great report and pictures.

meeko_33785 said:
That's Mulan

And that's Kenai from Brother Bear.

Great report and pictures.

Thanks and thanks for identifying the characters! Actually in the bear picture, there are two bears next to each other. One was darker than the other (?) :confused3

Mulan! That's right ... I remember the little girl in the picture I took shouting that out when she saw her!

Any idea who the 2 princesses are who hang out at Morocco?!

Redbudlover said:
Well I thought your park pics were great!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed them. Reading about hyour pics on your computer - and mine! I thought about hte Cathy cartoon where they talk about all their pics on their compter and not on a CD or in an album! Now we have all thes instant pics and no where to look at them..... LOL!

:rotfl: Thanks! Yes I know it! I run into trouble if someone asks to see my vacation pictures. ME: "Um, you'll have to come over to my house cuz they're on my computer. OR! I could email some to you...?"

Tiki Room Fan said:
Thanks and thanks for identifying the characters! Actually in the bear picture, there are two bears next to each other. One was darker than the other (?) :confused3

Mulan! That's right ... I remember the little girl in the picture I took shouting that out when she saw her!

Any idea who the 2 princesses are who hang out at Morocco?!.?

The other bear was Koda. He's from Brother Bear too. As far as the princesses, I know Jasmine hangs out in Morocco a lot... or it could have been Belle and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). When I was at EPCOT last they were doing meet-and-greets right between France and Morocco. Was one in a blue dress with an apron and the other in a pink dress wearing a tiara?

meeko_33785 said:
The other bear was Koda. He's from Brother Bear too. As far as the princesses, I know Jasmine hangs out in Morocco a lot... or it could have been Belle and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). When I was at EPCOT last they were doing meet-and-greets right between France and Morocco. Was one in a blue dress with an apron and the other in a pink dress wearing a tiara?

Yes! Those were the two!! One had a blue dress with an apron and the other had a pink dress with a tiara. We were trying to get in out of the rain as well as finding the person to sign and stamp my passport, and we kinda walked into a room with these two characters and a CM and they assumed we came in cuz we wanted pictures. We would have felt silly saying, "Yes, but who are you?" So we just took pictures, thanked them and left. :confused3 LOL!

I guess I need to brush up on my Disney characters, but you never really see them around the parks too much and if you do they're either leaving or have a huge line already. I think I'm going to start a photo collection of Disney characters from the back because:

1.) That's how I usually see them, so I can learn to identify them that way.
2.) How many other people think to take characters from the back? So, it
would be a more unique photo collection
------ and --------
3.) You have to admit ... Chip and Dale look adorable from behind scurrying
away don't you think?!

100_6438_00.jpg

100_6439.jpg

100_6657_00.jpg

The other type of photo collection I can start is one of the Disney characters with strangers. I have a lot of those, too, because if I waited in line for my turn with the characters, I'd never make it up to where they were before they had to leave. So I can either walk by and not get a picture or take a picture with strangers. I've started doing that.

In this first one I not only have Minnie from the back, but strangers as well!!

100_6654.jpg

100_6420.jpg

I have no idea who these 2 characters with strangers are, but I took the pictures anyway. :confused3 :laughing:

100_6619_00.jpg

LOL I think this is the same little boy in my picture with Minnie & Mickey! Just noticed that. I like this character's lime green hat.

100_6656.jpg

Okay, I checked this with my kids. They agreed that it is Baloo from Jungle Book in the first pic and Leo from the Little Einsteins in the next pic. The picture of the fox/wolf with the green hat they arent sure about. They think it might be one to the tv shows they watch. They loved helping identify these characters.... :rotfl:

The one with the lime green hat is Foulfellow from Pinocchio. :)

Eeyore's Tiara said:
Okay, I checked this with my kids. They agreed that it is Baloo from Jungle Book in the first pic and Leo from the Little Einsteins in the next pic. The picture of the fox/wolf with the green hat they arent sure about. They think it might be one to the tv shows they watch. They loved helping identify these characters.... :rotfl:

LOL!! Thanks! I should scan some of my WDW pics from my last few trips and maybe your kids can help identify some of them!! :rotfl:

meeko_33785 said:
The one with the lime green hat is Foulfellow from Pinocchio. :)

Wow. I can honestly say I've NEVER heard of Foulfellow and never knew he was even IN pinocchio. :confused3

Me either. :confused3 That would have had me stumped for awhile and I liked Pinnochio. Wow.

Meeko, that was awesome you knew who that was and I'm going to watch Pinnochio again cause I missed him somehow too... :thumbsup2

I saw another character (didn't get a picture) walk by and heard a lady shouting to her kids, "LOOK!! It's Kim Possible!!" And I'm all like, "WHO??" LOL! I still don't know who that is. ??

Tiki Room Fan said:
I saw another character (didn't get a picture) walk by and heard a lady shouting to her kids, "LOOK!! It's Kim Possible!!" And I'm all like, "WHO??" LOL! I still don't know who that is. ??

:eek: You really don't know who that is? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My girls love Kim possible! I don't know if I like the new characters on the tv shows as much as I like the movie characters. :rolleyes:

If I didn't have kids that age, I wouldn't have a clue either! :rotfl2:

I can honestly say I have never heard of Kim Possible before that day at I think MGM it was. I still have no clue who that is!!! I definitely like the classic movie characters more cuz I don't know any of the TV show ones!! My son is 21 and in college!!! LOL!

Oh...yeah...and by the way....I know I haven't finished my TR yet. I think I will get it done tomorrow (well, technically today since it's 1:30 am) I don't have to work Tuesday night so maybe I can get caught up then.

Loved the pictures! People think it's funny that I could care less about the Disney characters. The only one I REALLY get excited over is Cinderella. Snow White is a distant 2nd, then there's the cast of Monster's Inc. Outside of them, I don't know 70% of the characters, nor what story they're from. Yes, I'm admitting it ALL!

Glendamax said:
Loved the pictures! People think it's funny that I could care less about the Disney characters. The only one I REALLY get excited over is Cinderella. Snow White is a distant 2nd, then there's the cast of Monster's Inc. Outside of them, I don't know 70% of the characters, nor what story they're from. Yes, I'm admitting it ALL!

GASP!!!! :scared1: :eek: :scared:

OMG!! GMax comes clean on my TR!!! This TR will go down in history now!!!! I can just see it ... splashed all over the covers of all the supermarket tabloids!!!!

LOL!!!

Tiki Room Fan said:
GASP!!!! :scared1: :eek: :scared:
OMG!! GMax comes clean on my TR!!! This TR will go down in history now!!!! I can just see it ... splashed all over the covers of all the supermarket tabloids!!!!
LOL!!!

:lmao:

:snooty: Yes, I love Disney World, but not the characters nor the movies! :snooty:

Can't wait for the next installment :sunny: really loving the pics
No, I wouldn't have recognized a couple of the characters, either! :blush:

Wow! Glendamax, get on that flame suit! :rotfl:
Glendamax said:
:lmao:
:snooty: Yes, I love Disney World, but not the characters nor the movies! :snooty:
You are one brave woman! :rotfl2:

Jean

Hi

I'm sorry Gmax and I did not get to meet you. Posting is hard the first time. I was trying to make my report short but I'm catching on. We saw EE stuck. I'm so glad I had all already rode tHAt thing because I would never have gotten on. Your pictures are beautiful.

gmaxmom said:
Hi

I'm sorry Gmax and I did not get to meet you. Posting is hard the first time. I was trying to make my report short but I'm catching on. We saw EE stuck. I'm so glad I had all already rode tHAt thing because I would never have gotten on. Your pictures are beautiful.

Well, since the past 2 years Gmax has gone to Florida the same week (just about) that we did, maybe we'll get to meet both of you next year!! My DF is talking about going to Key West INSTEAD of Disney next year. I don't know about this!! He's always really wanted to go to Key West, but I don't know about replacing Disney with it.

Thank you for the compliments on my pictures! I think I'm going to attempt to get my TR going again. I've been sick the past week or so - I think it's finally starting to break!

Okay onto Day 7, Friday.

Did my usual routine on Friday - got up early, showered, got dressed went for coffee and Diet Coke. When DF was ready we took a walk to POR to eat at Boatwright's. I had pancakes with eggs and replaced the meat with grits. It was a huge portion of grits. The DF had pancakes with eggs and ham. He really liked his breakfast, too.

We walked back to the room and left the tip envelope (no towel art from us this time - we had pretty much unloaded all of our tons of towels the day before with the towel of terror we had built.)

We took a bus to AK so we could go on EE. We were able to walk right on with just about a ten minute wait. I was actually hoping the wait would be a little longer so we could look around for HM's. There HAS to be some there!! EE is now my favorite WDW ride!!! :love: We only got to ride once, but it was great!! There was a pretty long line when we got off, and we had other plans for the rest of the day, so we decided not to wait for a 2nd ride.

We stopped to hear some of the performers. Here's a couple pictures:

100_6418.jpg

100_6449_00.jpg

We went on Dinosaur again and then got a bus to Epcot. We planned to visit three parks today plus shopping and catch Elliot's show, so we were kinda rushing along all day.

When we got to Epcot, I took this picture because I remember Gmax commenting how last year the trees and shrubs needed to be trimmed. That was the case again this year. :sad2:

100_6897_00.jpg

I was planning on getting more written, but I'm sleepy. I will continue in the morning!

Thanks for reading!! Sorry it's taking so long!! :wave2:

Thanks for your latest installment! Glad you rode EE! Now get some rest so you can write some more! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter