• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hubby surprised me with a ressie at V&A during our upcoming adults-only anniversary trip in January. I am so very excited!:banana:

I am surprising my fiance for our honeymoon in June 2013 with a dinner at Victoria & Albert's. I was hoping to get the Chef's Table on the first night we will be in Disney World since that is also her birthday. So, I woke up and was online on the 18= day point to make reservations at 6:00 AM. The first day and every other day was booked for the Chef's Table. However, when I got to the last night of our trip that day for the Chef's Table was open. I am so excited to get to surprise my wife to be on our honeymoon with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table (YAY) :goodvibes :dance3: !!!

disnmooner2013 said:
I am surprising my fiance for our honeymoon in June 2013 with a dinner at Victoria & Albert's. I was hoping to get the Chef's Table on the first night we will be in Disney World since that is also her birthday. So, I woke up and was online on the 18= day point to make reservations at 6:00 AM. The first day and every other day was booked for the Chef's Table. However, when I got to the last night of our trip that day for the Chef's Table was open. I am so excited to get to surprise my wife to be on our honeymoon with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table (YAY) :goodvibes :dance3: !!!

Congratulations! Glad your persistence paid off

You will have a great time. I just went for my 14th wedding anniversary. Told DH next time we are going try for the Chef's table

My dh & I have eaten at V&A's once before and loved it. We are excited to go back again in May as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary. My husband is a pastor so he has regularly worn suit & ties. No big deal at all...usually. Last June he had an accident and crushed one of his feet. He has only been out of the boot for about a month. He is in constant pain and has not been able to wear his dress shoes. He is only able to wear his black (expensive) tennis shoes because of his injury. Hopefully he will have healed more by May and can wear his dress shoes. Any ideas if he can't?

My dh & I have eaten at V&A's once before and loved it. We are excited to go back again in May as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary. My husband is a pastor so he has regularly worn suit & ties. No big deal at all...usually. Last June he had an accident and crushed one of his feet. He has only been out of the boot for about a month. He is in constant pain and has not been able to wear his dress shoes. He is only able to wear his black (expensive) tennis shoes because of his injury. Hopefully he will have healed more by May and can wear his dress shoes. Any ideas if he can't?

I had foot surgery and had to wear my boot when we dined at V&A in Oct. Nobody knew, and nobody cared. Your husband will be fine. Enjoy.

Well folks, we are back from our experience in the Queen Victoria Room, and it was without a doubt the best meal of my life. Of course, I expected nothing different given this was our third visit to V&A's. I did a full review of our experience here for those that might find it helpful, but to summarize, it was everything we thought it would be and more.

Chef Scott, Israel, and the rest of the team are simply incredible, and how they manage to keep raising the bar is beyond me. Oddly enough, the 10 courses proved to be more food than we could handle. Believe it or not, it is possible to have too much of a good thing! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to return to V&A's in 2 years!

deej696 said:
Well folks, we are back from our experience in the Queen Victoria Room, and it was without a doubt the best meal of my life. Of course, I expected nothing different given this was our third visit to V&A's. I did a full review of our experience here for those that might find it helpful, but to summarize, it was everything we thought it would be and more.

Chef Scott, Israel, and the rest of the team are simply incredible, and how they manage to keep raising the bar is beyond me. Oddly enough, the 10 courses proved to be more food than we could handle. Believe it or not, it is possible to have too much of a good thing! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for posting. Awesome review, I really appreciate the details:thumbsup2

Thanks DeeJ. I found your review very informative. I can not wait to surprise my wife to be with our dinner at the Chef's Table on our honeymoon.

Thanks DeeJ. I found your review very informative. I can not wait to surprise my wife to be with our dinner at the Chef's Table on our honeymoon.

Thanks everyone! And kudos on landing the Chef's Table for your honeymoon disnmooner! I have no doubt it will create a special memory, like it did for MJ and I the day after our own wedding...:thumbsup2

BGK said:
In the U.S., Michelin Guides are city-specific, and there are just three: New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. It would be a serious stretch to find other star-worthy places in Orlando, or at least enough to make a Guide. One for all of Florida, perhaps, but it would still be pretty slim.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a black box as to the criteria, and it infuriates more restauranteurs than it pleases.

There are Michelin restaurants in Miami, but none in Orlando.

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos! Israel is just fantastic at what he does, adore him. Glad to hear the experience keeps getting better and what a way to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!

I found pricing for the main dining room (still $135 pp?), but can't find for QVR and Chef's Table. Anyone have it?

Thanks!

Never mind! I found it on allears.net. At least my silly question bumped this thread! :)

Last I heard, the QVR and Chef's Table were each $210, with $105 for the wine pairing.

Whoops, just saw your edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter