The Epic 16 day Feast...Oh, and we got married too! Update 11/17 Jiko

Just read all your reviews. Getting married down in Disney next December with a honeymoon stay involving the DDP (and yes I already have every restaurant planned out...haha). Your reviews are great and getting me so excited for our January trip! I can't wait to try Artist Point...it looked AMAZING

I remember from your previous postings that you were going on the Sunset Safari. I've read thru your dining reviews and realize you didn't go on the Safari but I can't find the posting where you explained why you didn't go. I think your plan was for Oct. 3 or 4. I have enjoyed all your photos and PJ.

If you feel like giving the Flying Fish another try, have the Chef's Tasting Menu. You sit at the "Kitchen Counter" and Chef Tim personally prepares and serves you your food. It's a preset menu with wines to match. It was really good and lots of fun to talk to Chef Tim.

I just spent the last two hours reading your entire thread.

First off, you were a beautiful bride and I gasped out loud at your dress. It is truly stunning.

I love all your reviews!:goodvibes Our favorite restaurant to date is California Grill, but we are trying Narcoosee's next time. We are big tuna and sushi fans like you and so many of your dishes look amazing.

Thank you so much for taking all the time to post everything. I really enjoyed it all!:)

Oh, and will check back in for Jiko's.

Great photos! Love the reviews!
Thanks!

Just read all your reviews. Getting married down in Disney next December with a honeymoon stay involving the DDP (and yes I already have every restaurant planned out...haha). Your reviews are great and getting me so excited for our January trip! I can't wait to try Artist Point...it looked AMAZING
Congrats!! I also read reviews to get me "in the mood" for my trips :)

I remember from your previous postings that you were going on the Sunset Safari. I've read thru your dining reviews and realize you didn't go on the Safari but I can't find the posting where you explained why you didn't go. I think your plan was for Oct. 3 or 4. I have enjoyed all your photos and PJ.

If you feel like giving the Flying Fish another try, have the Chef's Tasting Menu. You sit at the "Kitchen Counter" and Chef Tim personally prepares and serves you your food. It's a preset menu with wines to match. It was really good and lots of fun to talk to Chef Tim.
You are oh, so observant!! We did originally plan to do the safari with dinner at Jiko, however when we realized that we had all of the extra dining credits, we decided to do dinner at Jiko instead and cancel the Safari...it didn't seem worth it to not only spend $300 but to also waste 4 dining credits...worked out great for us in the end as Jiko was truly amazing!

I alwasy find it hard to go back to places that leave a "bad taste in my mouth" like Flying Fish...I may go back at some point, but there are so many other places that we have had stellar experiences at that it's hard to give second chances to signature dining!

I just spent the last two hours reading your entire thread.

First off, you were a beautiful bride and I gasped out loud at your dress. It is truly stunning.

I love all your reviews!:goodvibes Our favorite restaurant to date is California Grill, but we are trying Narcoosee's next time. We are big tuna and sushi fans like you and so many of your dishes look amazing.

Thank you so much for taking all the time to post everything. I really enjoyed it all!:)

Oh, and will check back in for Jiko's.

Thanks - I still am totally in love with my dress! You will love Narcoosee's guaranteed!

So after a fun filled afternoon, we headed over to Jiko at around 7 PM. We waited for a while for our table to be ready, they have a greta lounge to wait in. The atmosphere in Jiko is outstanding, and the small details all over the place are totally amazing.

Shortly after we were seated our server came over, introduced himself, and explained the menu...he was so sweet, I immediately loved him.

He then brought over an amuse bouche of tomato and cucumber salad which they recently took off their menu - it was outstanding!! The flavor tucked into that small dish of salad was phenomenal...it was fresh and wonderful...YUM, what a great start!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_157.jpg

Then he brought out the bread service, which consisted of 2 breads, a honey bread and a whole grain bread...with a dish of curry butter...YUM - again the flavors were amazing...
Disney_Wedding_Trip_1591.jpg

We both got the BBQ Chicken Flatbread, as I knew that if he got it and I didn't I'd be jealous. I'm so glad I made that decision, as there was NO WAY I would have shared it...it was big enough to share, but it was SO good I wanted to lick my plate. It had sparse toppings, as flatbreads normally do, but had immense flavor in every bite...as well the crust was perfect, and so was the sauce...huge hit in my mind!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_158.jpg

Adrian had the salmon on a bed of vegetable succotash...it was a very fresh tasting dish, but he had some of the best salmon ever at Narcoosee's, so I think he was a bit underwhelmed with the dish...the salmon was great, but the succotash was mostly corn and peas, which we didn't expect I don't think...
Disney_Wedding_Trip_161.jpg

I had the meal I had been waiting for for months...the filet with mac&cheese with red wine reduction...I think part of the reason he was underwhelmed with his salmon was that my steak looked SO good! It't a beautiful looking dish, and the blend of flavors is so amazing, it's hard to even explain. In every bite I hate a bit of steak, which was buttery textured and richly flavored, paired with a bit of delicious and perfectly cooked mac&cheese...all dipped in just a touch of the red wine sauce...oh my god there is no more perfect dish than this...I could honestly gush about it all day!!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_160.jpg

After dinner he brought us a small dish of the pistachio creme brulee, which had also recently been removed from the menu, as a celebration of our recent marriage...it was wonderful, and the perfect portion to share and then move on to our full desserts...
Disney_Wedding_Trip_165.jpg

I had the warm malva cake with passion fruit ice cream, it was phenomenal, fantastically textured and the passion fruit ice cream was a great compliment to it...it was sort of like the texture of a bread pudding, but a bit softer...YUM.
Disney_Wedding_Trip_168.jpg

Adrian had the Cheesecake and Blueberries - creamy cheesecake with lemon curd, blueberry coulis, blueberry compote and sesame "bee sting"...it was SO good...omg the lemon curd was the perfect addition to the cheesecake...it was pretty much the perfect dessert...wow!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_169.jpg

So Jiko was a great way to end the trip...great food, awesome experience, great service, all of the things I look for.

Up next, the last day of CS, and a quick wrap up...

yumm! i've always wanted to try the fillet and mac at jiko. i had read that the sauce overpowered the mac tho. great review!

Your Jiko meal looks delish! We are just back and didn't do any 2 TS credit meals this trip - I just didn't think they would be worth it with the kids. But your meal looks sooo good!

I am also trying to figure out how to stop wanting dessert after every meal :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter