The Epic 16 day Feast...Oh, and we got married too! Update 11/17 Jiko

That definitely sounds right...I was trying to convince myself that since it was sweet potatoes it was relatively healthy...now that I've read the other ingredients in printed form I'm not so sure I can keep deluding myself!

Yeah... all that heavy cream seems to suck the healthy right out, huh? My husband says I have to make it for TGing... I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Artist Point looks amazing! We are staying at WL in January... now I'm thinking we should plan a dinner there. I just hate having to leave the parks before they close to eat dinner. We're only there for 3 nights. What should I do?! :confused3

Loving these reviews! Congrats on your marriage!

Thanks so much, both for reading and for the well wishes!

Artist Point looks amazing! We are staying at WL in January... now I'm thinking we should plan a dinner there. I just hate having to leave the parks before they close to eat dinner. We're only there for 3 nights. What should I do?! :confused3

Knowing what I do now, I would fit in AP somehow...not even joking, it's worth it!

Alright, sorry I haven't been keeping with my original intentions of posting one day of our trip every day...I'm a slacker!

So on the first full day of our DxDP adventure we started with an 8 AM ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table. My husband is clearly the best man in the world - he patiently got up with me at the crack of dawn to be on the bus by 7:20 to get to our ADR...what a honey...I didn't find out till we got there that it was only the promise of meeting Ariel that got him up all bright eyed and bushy-tailed...I forgot he has a huge crush on her (even though clearly we both know having a crush on a "teenager" is highly innapropriate...lol)

We checked in and waited in a pretty short line to meet Cinderella - she was quite excited to hear tyhat just a few days before we were inside her castle getting our wedding photos taken! She was adorable as usual, and we were led upstairs pretty quickly.

The served us orange juice and coffee (for me - Adrian somehow survives with no caffiene besides that which he gets from pop), and brought around pastries and fruit - have we already discussed that although I am OK with pastries as a "breakfast appetizer" I am not one to fill up on fruit while on vacation...I save room for all the bad stuff I can fill myself with!! Although this fruit WAS pretty tempting, it looked very fresh...the pastries were amazing, I devoured a chocolate croissant which was a fresher version than the one I tried last year from the bakery, and a danish of some sort...
Disney_Wedding_Trip_005.jpg

Disney_Wedding_Trip_006.jpg

Then they brought out a sword for the prince, a beautiful wand for the princess, and a wishing start to be used in the big "wish upon a star" finale!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_007.jpg

Disney_Wedding_Trip_008.jpg

Disney_Wedding_Trip_004.jpg

While we were eating we got to meet some of our favorite princesses. I love how they do this breakfast, they basically pipe in an awesome narrator telling an abbreviated version of each princess and then announcing their arrival dramatically, while we all clap and cheer - pretty cool!

Snow White was first:
Disney_Wedding_Trip_011.jpg

Then Aurora (she was SO charming):
Disney_Wedding_Trip_012.jpg

Then Ariel - Adrian almost pushed me over to get his picture taken (just kidding - I would never have gotten in his way...I know how it is to have a mad crush on a cartoon character, hello Alladin!!):
Disney_Wedding_Trip_013.jpg

Then Belle - she was a very strangely creepy looking Belle (sorry if her family members are reading this, but it's true!):
Disney_Wedding_Trip_014.jpg

So while we were meeting the princesses we were also eating a great breakfast. They bring it out plated but you can have seconds if you want (I declined although I REALLY wanted to!). You get to choose from one of 2 options, we each had one.

Adrian had the traditional bacon, sausage, hash browns and eggs. Although it doesn't look like much here it was a good sized portion, and he was full by the time we left. It was also really tasty and perfectly well cooked - I mean, it's a bit hard to screw up bacon and eggs really...
Disney_Wedding_Trip_010.jpg

I had the best breakfast EVER! Cream cheese stuffed french toast with berry compote...holy crap it was SOOOOOOO good. Oh man there is nothing better to me than stuffing food with sweetened cream cheese, seriously. It came with bacon, and a side of whipped cream...not cool whip, but real delicious whipped cream...so good. Oh I hate myself for writing this now, as I was already craving sweets before I started and this did NOT help! Jeez.
Disney_Wedding_Trip_009.jpg

Alright, I can't move on to Narcossees yet, it's late and I'm hungry and trying to lose at least half of the 9 lbs I gained on vacation beofre my at-home reception in a couple weeks...sigh. But it will not dissapoint, I promise...

yum! i've always wanted to go back there since i was little but i had heard the food wasn't so good...i would love to go there with my boyfriend, it's beautiful. By the way, was jasmine there? she's my favorite :cool1:

Glad you had wonderful experience at CRT...my son loved eating in the castle. I cancelled our dinner ADR b/c of the change of menu and unable to get breakfast (we have eaten breakfast and I loved it)

Oh boy - your breakfast at CRT looks soooooo yummy :worship:

Oh man what I wouldn't do for a plate of that cream cheese french toast right now...

yum! i've always wanted to go back there since i was little but i had heard the food wasn't so good...i would love to go there with my boyfriend, it's beautiful. By the way, was jasmine there? she's my favorite :cool1:
Jasmine wasn't there...and yes, the inside of the castle is SO beautiful...and we had NO issues with the food...I think the thing is with CRT the experience is the reason it's signature dining, not the food...the food is the same type of breakfast you could get anywhere really.

Glad you had wonderful experience at CRT...my son loved eating in the castle. I cancelled our dinner ADR b/c of the change of menu and unable to get breakfast (we have eaten breakfast and I loved it)
I'd like to try dinner too someday, but not sure when we'll ever really get back...there are too many other Signature dining experience I want to try or re-do first!

Mmm, breakfast does look delicious! THat fruit looks so fresh!
Yeah - the fruit...about that...it does LOOK fresh but obviously I have no idea if it was...it could have been painted plastic for all I know! :rotfl:

Hey Daisygirl!

Love your report...glad to see some other fellow Nova Scotians enjoying Disney as much as we do! :goodvibes

Hey Daisygirl!

Love your report...glad to see some other fellow Nova Scotians enjoying Disney as much as we do! :goodvibes

For such a small province I have seen a lot of us Nova Scotians on the boards...I've even "met" 2 seperate couples from around the Halifax area who are getting married at Disney!!

I guess it's true - "It's a small world after all" :rotfl:

We managed to find Narcoossee’s just on time for our ADR at 6…a piece of advice, if you are not really familiar with the Grand Floridian grounds you should likely leave early, as the restaurant is not in the hotel itself, it’s down by the marina area…we got a tad bit confused and/or lost getting there.

We got checked in and seated and the view was incredible!! We had a perfect view of BLT and MK, and could see the castle, Space Mountain, and the monorail perfectly! It was awesome…but I forgot to upload the pics, so you are stuck using your imaginations - but I DO have food pics!!

Now speaking of which, on to the food which was equally awesome as the view…

They brought out our bread service first, and it was not only very tasty but beautiful! I was originally blown away by the black salt on the butter at Artist Point…but then I saw the pink salt at Narcoossee’s and was totally amazed…who would have thought I’d be so taken aback by something as butter – but it was very pretty, and I love pink…what can I say? Plus the bread was perfectly warm and squishy on the inside with a crispy crust…YUM.
Disney_Wedding_Trip_045.jpg

Disney_Wedding_Trip_046.jpg

For my appetizer I had the Calamari with (I think I’m remembering this correctly) a tomato coulis under it, and a pepperocini and green olive relish on top. Regardless if I got the sauces right or not – it was amazing Calamari…it was so tender and well seasoned I could easily have eaten it without the sauces, although they were very good!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_051.jpg

Adrian had an heirloom tomato salad with fresh ricotta – he’s didn’t really find many appetizers that he loved on the menu, and I find it funny that he tried this because he’s not an “Artisanal Cheese” kind of guy…the idea of fresh <insert any type of cheese here> gets me going – I love cheese…he’s a fan of cheese slices and mozza on pizzas and stuff…lol He did love the tomatoes, but left a big hunk of the cheese on his plate.
Disney_Wedding_Trip_052.jpg

I had the Togaraski Spiced Ahi Tuna – which came with sticky rice, yuzu tobiko (caviar which apparently comes from Flying Fish – not the restaurant but the actual fish – I found this out on Google), wakame (seaweed salad), soy-chili glaze, wasabi cream. OHHHH man this was an all around amazing dish….holy it was just such a taste explosion in every bite. The only thing I found a bit strange is the wasabi cream…it was kind of like whipped cream with wasabi in it…I would have liked a stronger wasabi accent of some sort…but please do not take that as a complaint…this dish was fantastic! And beautiful….
Disney_Wedding_Trip_056.jpg

Adrian had what he proclaimed the best salmon of the trip…it was their catch of the day I believe, and was seared salmon on top of butternut squash ravioli…I found this a bit strange because Adrian is not a huge squash fan, and when I saw the dish it was very “squashy” – but he loved the entire dish – the ravioli was just amazing, and complimented the salmon perfectly…great entrees for both of us!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_057.jpg

For dessert he had Strawberry Shortcake – Adrian said through the entire trip picking dessert is easy for him. He looks on the menu for Strawberry Shortcake or something similar, and if there is nothing like it there he picks the cheesecake…very smart man (except for the Strawberry Shortcake part)…anyways – this one wasn’t great…he said it was OK, but he’s kind of a traditionalist when it comes to Strawberry Shortcake, and this was more like strawberry mousse with a small layer of cake. It was awesome to look at though, and to his credit he DID polish off the whole thing!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_060.jpg

I went for the safe bet, as I would have certainly regretted not trying this epic dessert which I had heard so much about…I got the Almond Crusted Cheesecake…WOW. This is good cheesecake. No joke, it’s really really good! The cherry sauce was wonderful and tart and a perfect balance to this rich and flavorful delight…and the almonds offered a really good crunchy texture to it all. The only thing that put me off a bit (and again – only a bit, it’s not a huge deal) was that they fancied it up with the congrats and that edible Mickey Confetti, and I’m not a huge fan of the edible Mickey Confetti…it’s really hard and crunchy, so although I loved the texture of the nuts I could have done without the confetti parts…but all in all DELICIOUS!
Disney_Wedding_Trip_061.jpg

Up next – Breakfast at Boma, my first Funnel Cake, and Dinner at California Grill!

That salmon LOOKS DELISH! And we're planning CRT for Breakfast in a few weeks, so thanks for those pictures!:cool1: My husband is VERY excited about all the meat! hahaha. My daughter will eat all the fruit!

I love reading your reviews. We love the view from Narcoossees, too, and love to eat there during Wishes and the electrical water parade. Also, the food and service are usually quite good.

We are only a couple of weeks away from ADR day and Narcoosees is on the list :cool1:

Your food looks delicious :lovestruc

mmm yum! when we went there last year i had the fillet and i was disappointed. it came out wrong twice but they took care of it perfectly, the chef even came out and they gave me an extra drink of my choice. awesome service

Yet again, I read your reviews and need to go off in search of a candy bar! :lmao:

This is really not good for my diet! LOL.

In all seriousness - great reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter