The Epic 16 day Feast...Oh, and we got married too! Update 11/17 Jiko

I am loving your reviews.

WCC looks really good. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. I was hoping to try it next trip but couldn't fit it in. Since I really want to stay at WL on a future trip I guess I'll save it for that trip.

The peanut butter choc. cake from the boardwalk looks so yummy. I wonder if DH will object if I drag him over from our EPCOT or DHS day to try the bakery?

Teppan Edo looks like fun. Add that to the some day list.

I can't wait to hear about Tony's. I have dinner scheduled here for our MK day and am really on the fence about it.

yum! teppan edo is always great imho :thumbsup2 great review can't wait for more!

I am loving your reviews.

The peanut butter choc. cake from the boardwalk looks so yummy. I wonder if DH will object if I drag him over from our EPCOT or DHS day to try the bakery?

Thanks a bunch! I would definitely go over to BW to have lunch at the bakery - but instead of the turkey bacon swiss, get the tomato Mozzarella sandwich!! It's so much better - it's in one of my upcoming reviews, but well worth the travel over, and the selection of desserts is amazing...

yum! teppan edo is always great imho :thumbsup2 great review can't wait for more!
Thanks for following along!

Congrats on your marriage!! I am loving your reviews so far! I can't wait for the rest. I have never really considered Tutto before but your review & pics may change my mind!

Today was our “prep for the wedding” day. Myself, my 2 sisters, 2 nieces, mom, and best friend Shanna all went to the spa. I got a massage with lime and ginger salt scrub, and we all got manicures and pedicures. Shanna and I went to BW bakery for lunch – unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera.

I had the tomato mozzarella sandwich which was super amazing. The bread, tomatoes and the cheese were all SO fresh! It was way better than yesterday’s sandwich….I even decided to venture outside of my previously determined “peanut butter cake heaven” and try a new dessert – this one beat ALL counter service desserts! Cheesecake brownie all the way – MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…..who knew something so heavenly existed??? Brownie on the bottom (the good kind – a perfect blend of chewy and cake-like) with smooth delicious cheesecake on top…it was absolutely amazing.

After our Spa day we headed to Tony’s Town Square for dinner. Our server, Bruce was the first “memorable” server of the trip…well Brittany from WCC was memorable but more in a “I’m really loud and allowed to be cause I work at WCC” kind of way. Bruce offered outstanding service, and just was a joy to deal with. Again, I’ll tackle food first, then experience…

I ordered Flavors of Italy Antipasto - a selection of Italian favorites featuring olives, sliced deli meats, roasted garlic, and artichokes as an appetizer to share between me and my friends. It was really tasty – we all enjoyed it!
DSC02750.JPG

Adrian had a Caesar Salad, which was a basic, average Caesar…not great, but certainly nothing wrong with it.
DSC02751.JPG

For my main meal I got the Lamb Shank on Creamy Polenta with a side of Broccoli. I have never had a lamb shank before, and wasn’t sure if I wanted to try it, Bruce encouraged me and said I would love it, as it was not really fatty, and just falls off the bone. He was right – this was an all around amazing dish…I’m not insanely in love with polenta, but I couldn’t imagine any other side with this lamb shank, it complimented it perfectly. My only complaint is that it was a bit too rich – it was one of the few meals I couldn’t finish…but delicious just the same.
DSC02753.JPG

Adrian had the Catch of the Day (Salmon) - served with Orzo Pasta tossed with Pancetta, Roasted Garlic and Seasonal Vegetables topped with Balsamic Maple Glaze. This was an amazing all around dish. Shanna got it as well and found it a bit too salty; I thought it was just right. The fish was cooked perfectly, and the flavors were amazing…the combination of the salmon with the pancetta in the orzo was great!
DSC02754.JPG

For dessert I tried the Pistachio Creme Brulee – it was really tasty but not my favorite dessert on the table. I actually preferred my mother in law’s Green Apple Sorbet – it was surprisingly delicious…we all tried it and pronounced it the best dessert all around!
DSC02761.JPG

Adrian had the Ice Cream Bomb - chocolate and vanilla ice cream covered in rich chocolate sauce. It was really good, but again…not the greatest of the trip.
DSC02763.JPG

What really made Tony’s stand out was the Disney Magic….my sister was at another table (this is a common theme here) and told Bruce that we were getting married tomorrow – this was around the time we had ordered, and were being served our appetizers. Somehow between then and just prior to dessert, Bruce sent someone up to the crystal shop, got us Mickey and Minnie champagne toasting flutes to use at our wedding….and had then engraved with our wedding date and our names. He surprised us with them before taking our dessert orders, and I was floored. I assumed they were generic glasses, but when I opened them and saw they were engraved I almost lost it – how thoughtful and nice. The best part was we were going to use generic ones for our toast as I didn’t think to get any ahead of time – so special! It was one of the nicest things that happened to us on our trip (and lots of nice things happen when you get married at Disney). I don’t have a picture of them yet, I know our professional photographer took some so I’ll post them later.

Bruce and I:
DSC02759.JPG

Up next – I think I’ll do a quick review and run-down of our wedding day food, as I think those who are reading may appreciate it! So up next is Brunch at the Attic and HDDR!

wow what a fabulous waiter! :goodvibes those kind of people make disney extra special. Also, love the food! salmon looks tasty, i want to try that next time we go. great review! :thumbsup2

So I’m going to try to stick to the food here – I’ll do a whole trip report on the wedding itself on the “Weddings and Honeymoons” section shortly…and although some of this is not food you would find in a Disney Restaurant, foodies may want to know what we ate that day (plus we did go to HDDR for dinner)…so here goes:

Breakfast was at 4 AM, and consisted of a bowl of Raisin Bran and lots of coffee…then at 10 AM (right before I walked down the aisle.), I realized I hadn’t eaten and felt kind of lightheaded…my wedding planner literally fed me a half a twix bar and some cheese nips (I promise the food report gets better soon)…

So after the ceremony (which was amazing) and photos (with the phenomenal Randy Chapman), we finally headed over to our catered brunch at The Attic at Boardwalk. The menu for brunch was customized, and included the following…

Pre Reception:
-Fruits and Pastries
Reception:
-Egg Station (omelets made to order)
-Bacon and sausage
-Cheddar and Chive hashbrowns
-Crepes with cream cheese and wild berries with cream anglaise
-Pasta with Artichoke Cream Sauce and julienned veggies
-Wild Rice
-Seared Chicken breast with apple, fennel, and fig jus
-More breads and pastries and stuff

It was all delicious! I ate very little here – I had an omelet which was amazing, and a couple of the crepes (which qualify as contenders for the best thing I have ever eaten in my life). I picked at everything else, but the general feeling from guests is the food was awesome. I’ll have to add pics to this later, as I heven’t got any good ones yet.

Except this one of a crepe….yum…I am drooling right now…
DSC02861.JPG

Oh and here are a few of the pre-receptions foods:
DSC002441.JPG

DSC00243.JPG

Oh and the cake. Wow, the cake was amazing. They made it at the Grand Floridian I believe….the bottom layer was lemon cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing, the top was chocolate cake with peanut butter cup mousse filling and buttercream icing. Both were great, and it was the single most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen!
DSC02850.JPG

Late in the afternoon we headed over to HDDR for dinner (yes, we wore our wedding attire). HDDR is so much fun and the food is great!! The only complaint any of us had is that besides potatoes, there is virtually no vegetable served. Again, forgive me as it was my wedding day, I have very few pics of the food here. They served salad and cornbread to start (again I picked at this as I don’t’ like to fill up on rabbit food when I know fried chicken is on its way….my dress was very tight so I had to be selective with the foods I put in there!!

The main course is served in buckets, ribs, fried chicken, mashed potato….mmmmmm, it’s all delicious! I didn’t try the ribs as I was still in a very white dress, but I did eat a huge piece of chicken and some mashed potatoes!

If you are wondering about the look on Adrian's face here, he is saying something like "This is the biggest piece of chicken EVER!"
DSC00277.JPG

I kind of ended up missing out on the Strawberry Shortcake because I got picked to be in the final act for the show…which was funny – the actors all came over a few times to chat with us, we were right in front of the stage at 2 tabes with 26 people included, with us in wedding clothing, so it was kind of a spectacle. I at one point said to one of the guys “I don’t mind being singled out and picked on, but please please please don’t make me get on stage, I’ve been up since 4 AM and I am just not cut out for that tonight….” He says “Sure!”…the 15 minutes later comes over and drags my butt up there to be in the show…it turned out pretty hilarious and I survived (although it was yet another point in the day where I was afraid I was going to pass out publically, I didn’t).

Adrian said the strawberry shortcake was amazing. In all fairness he did save me a few bites, but after the show was done dinner ended pretty quickly so I didn’t get a chance to try it.

After dinner was over, we headed over to the UK upper terrace for our Illuminations Dessert Party….this was such a cool experience!

The dessert party menu was:
-Panhandle Pecan Tarts
-Key West Key Lime Tarts
-Winter Haven Orange Tarts
-Hastings Sweet Potato Buttons
-Homestead Banana-Chocolate Brownies
-Miami Guava-Cheese Pinwheels
-Tarpon Springs Baklava
-Cream Horns
-Fresh Fruit Salad
-Fruit Punch
-Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Teas
-Flavored Syrups and Sticks, Sugars, Cream, and Honey

At the end of the night when the photographer was done with pictures and many of the guests went home I tried some of the desserts…again Disney outdid themselves!! They were absolutely amazing (with the exception of the key lime tarts which were a mousse-like texture which I can’t stand). I’ll add pics as soon as I get them…it was pretty epic all in all.

Sorry for a whole day of foods with few pictures, but I promise when they come it will be worth it!!

Up next, Wolfgang Puck's...

Congratulations! What a great wedding day!

I'm really enjoying your review too:goodvibes But, where's a picture of you in your wedding dress? :confused3

Congratulations! What a great wedding day!

I'm really enjoying your review too:goodvibes But, where's a picture of you in your wedding dress? :confused3

There are some over in my Planning Journal (linked in signature if you want to see more) but since you asked here are a couple (glad you asked actually - I love to share them!)...these are just from our cameras - the professional pics are not in yet...

DSCF2666.JPG

DSCF2709.JPG

DSCF2668.JPG

DSCF2808.JPG

There are some over in my Planning Journal (linked in signature if you want to see more) but since you asked here are a couple (glad you asked actually - I love to share them!)...these are just from our cameras - the professional pics are not in yet...

[
DSCF2808.JPG

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding bands :woohoo:. Where did you have them made?

Thanks!! I was so very happy with the way my colors turned out too!

I got the rings made locally - it's surprisingly the one thing you can't get through Disney! Well, wedding rings and Mickey Tattoos!

The rings turned out beautifully :love:! I know what you mean about the ºoº tattoos. I got my first one in Vegas this past January on a trip with my five sisters (waaaaaay fun :dance3:). It's on my foot and a design very similar to yours, but there is a ribbon around the bottom of the tri-circle ºoº that says Dznynut in Disney font. Dznynut has been my vanity license plate for 10 + years as well as my home e-mail address. I think we should get a kick back from WDW for "advertising" :cool1:.

Your wedding pics are gorgeous. You both look so happy! I can't wait to read the rest of the report.

Wow.. everything is so beautiful. Your cake, your flowers, the rings, the bridesmaid dresses, and you look stunning in your lovely dress. It looks like you had the most amazing day ever.

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Congrats!

OK so we got a bit off track there on the wedding stuff, sorry for those of you who were here to read a dining review! I can’t help it, I’m a bit wedding obsessed right now! I’m assuming that’ll wear off eventually…

The day after the wedding we started off pretty slow, lazing around the room till almost lunchtime. We ventured out and went to Boardwalk Bakery for lunch. Adrian had the grilled ham and cheese, and I had another Tomato Mozzarella sandwich – they are just so good! We stuck with our tried, tested, and true desserts – he had the fruit tart again, I had the Cheesecake Brownie…again – so good!

My friend Ryan stopped by in the afternoon with a treat for us – Butterfinger cupcakes – and they lived up to their reputation on here. These cupcakes are not for the faint of heart nor people with weak teeth!! WOW they are sweet – but oh so good as well. It’s a chocolate cupcake with a fudgy chocolate center with a PILE of buttercream icing on top (the icing is as big as the cupcake). Then it’s dipped in chocolate, and then into crushed Butterfinger chocolate bar. It was just so great! I forgot to take a picture, but if you do a Google image search of “Disney Butterfinger Cupcake” you’ll find lots.

Soon after this it was time to head to Wolfgang Puck’s for dinner. Here’s the deal with Wolfgang Puck’s – they are very obviously not a part of the “Disney Organization”…the service was much, much different than at any Disney restaurant. I don’t know whether this lady has a lot of trouble with people using the dining plan, but she felt the need to not only explain in detail how the dining plan worked (it’s not rocket science – you get an entrée, drink, and dessert, and pay for anything else)…but whenever we’d order something not covered, she then felt the need to tell us AGAIN why it’s not covered. I told her in the beginning we were going to order appetizers but would be happy to pay for them…as each person ordered she’d say “You know, that’s not going to be covered on the dining plan…” Wow…it was just strange.

Anyways – WP would have been one of our favorites food-wise I think, except the service really sucked. And I’m really easygoing normally…I get when servers are busy, or having a bad day…but our waitress didn’t engage in one bit of conversation…didn’t congratulate us on the wedding (it was on our reservation and as well we had Just Married pins on), I tried to tell her how great the sushi was, she literally walked away in the middle of my sentence…it was just plain bad service.

For food, Adrian had a Caesar Salad to start, which was pretty decent. I forgot to take a picture, shame on me! But it was salad, green with white sauce with some Parmesan...c'mon use your imaginations!

I had their daily sushi special, which was a tuna sushi topped with whitefish and green onion - it was fantastic. I’m not normally a fan of raw whitefish, I prefer tuna and always find whitefish tough. This whitefish was tender, melt in your mouth, almost the same texture as the tuna. Adrian doesn’t like Sushi really, and even he said it was pretty good!
DSC02876.JPG

For main dishes he had the pasta, which was very similar to the one he had at Tutto Italia…penne with a parmesan cream sauce with pancetta, peas, and chicken in it. It was very tasty!
DSC02882.JPG

I had their signature dish, pumpkin ravioli with brown butter, sage sauce, sprinkled with caramelized pecans. This would have been one of my favorite dishes of the trip if it had been hot, but it was served to me lukewarm, and that’s being nice. It was really really tasty! I can see why it’s their signature dish – the flavors blended so well together, and the texture of the pecans was amazing when mixed with the tenderness of the pasta - very tasty. I didn’t bother complaining to our server about the temperature, because frankly I didn’t think she’d care really…and like I said the flavor was great.
DSC02879.JPG

The winner at our table for best entrée was my mother-in-law’s macadamia nut crusted chicken – it was tender, delicious, and cooked perfectly! It was a fantastic dish all in all.
DSC02881.JPG

For dessert I once again, suffered through a bit of cheesecake envy. Why oh why do I not just order the cheesecake? I don’t understand! Although my dessert, the key lime pie, was fantastic. It was a very tart, smooth, delicious version of one of my all time favorite desserts….but it wasn’t cheesecake.
DSC028841.JPG

Adrian’s theory, however is that if Strawberry Shortcake isn’t n the menu, just pick the cheesecake! So he got the Snickers Cheesecake, which was divine. Smooth creamy cheesecake with bits of snickers bar on top, drizzled in caramel and chocolate…what’s not to like???
DSC028851.JPG

All in all, the food at Wolfgang Puck’s was good, but not good enough to outweigh the poor service. Unfortunately this has joined Yak & Yeti (or Yuk & Yeti as I call it) at the bottom of my Disney Restaurant List…there are just too many great places to go back to those which weren’t…

Up next – Flying Fish…another surprising restaurant for me…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter