The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Tonight is ABD chat night, I hope.

We had difficultly logging in to podcast chat last night. John alerted Alex to the problem and he is working on it (I just tried to log in and got the same error message as before.)

If you get the dreaded "Login error: format error of the auth-url response" when you try to log in, you can log in using your facebook, twitter or google plus account information, if you have one.

:surfweb:

Received our box today with a couple of other packages we ordered for the trip - extra camera memory cards and new walking shoes to be broken in before we leave.

Like the surprise in the box, very cool.

I also heard that my sister and her family received their boxes today.

Getting closer!

Hope to be in chat tonight, even if I need to log in through Yahoo (don't do Facebook etc).

So I tried to get in to chat Thursday, but couldn't make it. And because I'm challenged I couldn't figure out how to log in the other suggested ways. But I hope chat was fun if anyone got it.

I'm so happy everyone is getting their boxes!!!! What do we think of the gift? I don't want to say anything until everyone has a box so as not to ruin it, but I did wonder if anyone was going to bring it with.

And now, because I know it's something that has been weighing on everyone's mind, especially the fellas, I wanted all my friends to know that I've gotten off my tail and bought some pants. I will not, in fact, be touring Italy in holey yoga capris. We dodged a bullet there folks let me tell ya! ::yes::

So last week pretty well stunk, and next week looks about the same, but after that, fingers crossed, smooth sailing to Italy!!!!

What's the word on the street!?!

Chat was fun, things are getting closer and everyone is starting to get excited.

Everyone also had problems with the log in. I used Yahoo to get in.

I do know (from my sister) that not everyone got the same gift in the box.

As first time ABDers, my sister and her family received the same item that we were given on our first adventure.

The ABD gift you received is my doing.

If you have ABDed previously, I had a choice of the same gift you received for your first Adventure (or further).....and it was my guess that you didn't need another one.

My other choice was the new gift.

Previous travelers got the new gift and "unseasoned" ABDers got the original gift.

I kinda think they are cool....so to speak.

Mine will most likely travel with me.

The ABD gift you received is my doing.

If you have ABDed previously, I had a choice of the same gift you received for your first Adventure (or further).....and it was my guess that you didn't need another one.

My other choice was the new gift.

Previous travelers got the new gift and "unseasoned" ABDers got the original gift.

I kinda think they are cool....so to speak.

Mine will most likely travel with me.

The new gifts are very cool, my sister and her family love their gifts too.

They were so excited when they received their box, and they can't wait for the adventure to begin.

Hi Folks,

I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.

It is illegal to use an iron in a hotel room in Italy and carries a very stiff penalty.

I also asked about curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers and I was told that they are ok....but that you need a very good converter (read pricey), as the electricity will almost definitely blow them out.

Keep in mind that an adapter makes your male plug fit their female outlet.

A converter will convert 220 - 240 to 110...which is what most US items use.

Thought this might be helpful.

I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.

At least now I have a good excuse for wearing wrinkled clothing. :rolleyes1

Packing my suitcase just got a lot easier.

Hi Folks,

It is illegal to use an iron in a hotel room in Italy and carries a very stiff penalty.

I also asked about curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers and I was told that they are ok....but that you need a very good converter (read pricey), as the electricity will almost definitely blow them out.

Keep in mind that an adapter makes your male plug fit their female outlet.

A converter will convert 220 - 240 to 110...which is what most US items use.

Thought this might be helpful.

So pressing a pair of slacks on the train on way to Venice is not going to work?

Seriously, thanks for the heads up, Kevin.

We checked our travel hair dryer (which I really need) and it is dual
voltage, and I just ordered a couple of extra adapters from Amazon for the dryer and our various chargers. I think we are set.

Just Thirty Two (32) shopping days left until our adventure!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter