The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Morning All -

I spent yesterday preparing my tax return. I itemize and, in Tennessee, that's fun because we have no income tax so if we want to deduct state taxes, we have to add up the sales taxes we've spent over the year. It's depressing to see how much money we fritter away on frivolities such as food and gas when the money could go toward trips to Disney World.

Since I never get a refund, I look forward to tax time as much as McBeth looked forward to Banquo's ghost. Blood will have blood, they say...

But don't take me as complaining about taxes because my point is that with taxes now behind me, I am now really pumped about being only 38 days from the official start of the trip. :yay:

Your IRS saga may be over my friend, but mine has just begun. And like Ulysses I expect many sea monsters on the long journey home. My 2011 taxes are all filled away nice and tight. But then today my lovely mail-person brought me a letter from the IRS stating I owe them 36,000 in back taxes from 2010. But I beg to differ. Strongly differ. The first error I see right off is someone has put my SS# on 1099 saying they paid me 91,000. That sooo didn't happen. I would notice if one client doubled my income in one year. As in, I would actually know said client's name and probably send them a fruit basket. It's my great hope this will all be worked out. But I just know it's going to be a pain in butt and take forever and really tick me off in the meantime. Not to mention the fact that I'll probably wind up having to pay something to someone somewhere because, let's face it, they're not going to write me a letter without making me pay for the stamp. Out Out Damn Spot I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been so busy lately that the only time I have for Italy is when I'm waiting for the shower water to heat up. It's sad really. Hopefully by the start of next week things will be more even. You know you're out of whack when you start tearing up over nothing and your husband asks you what's wrong and you say, all teary, I just want to be on a cruise with John and Kevin. And Jeri says maybe you're just tired. I give him the super death stare. And he says Or maybe you just want to be on a cruise with John and Kevin. In retrospect I think was over reacting about being out of milk. :rotfl:

Your IRS saga may be over my friend, but mine has just begun. And like Ulysses I expect many sea monsters on the long journey home. My 2011 taxes are all filled away nice and tight. But then today my lovely mail-person brought me a letter from the IRS stating I owe them 36,000 in back taxes from 2010. But I beg to differ. Strongly differ. The first error I see right off is someone has put my SS# on 1099 saying they paid me 91,000. That sooo didn't happen. I would notice if one client doubled my income in one year. As in, I would actually know said client's name and probably send them a fruit basket. It's my great hope this will all be worked out. But I just know it's going to be a pain in butt and take forever and really tick me off in the meantime. Not to mention the fact that I'll probably wind up having to pay something to someone somewhere because, let's face it, they're not going to write me a letter without making me pay for the stamp. Out Out Damn Spot I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been so busy lately that the only time I have for Italy is when I'm waiting for the shower water to heat up. It's sad really. Hopefully by the start of next week things will be more even. You know you're out of whack when you start tearing up over nothing and your husband asks you what's wrong and you say, all teary, I just want to be on a cruise with John and Kevin. And Jeri says maybe you're just tired. I give him the super death stare. And he says Or maybe you just want to be on a cruise with John and Kevin. In retrospect I think was over reacting about being out of milk. :rotfl:

I would say someone owes you a corrected 1099, and a gallon of milk, or better yet, a cruise. :scratchin

Oh, man, I feel for you! But don't really count on it being resolved too quickly. It took several months for the IRS to figure out that the payment they said I owed them, and that I insisted I'd paid, was still stapled to the return they'd filed away. :sad2:

Sayhello

I would say someone owes you a corrected 1099, and a gallon of milk, or better yet, a cruise. :scratchin
Cruise? YES! :sail:
Oh, man, I feel for you! But don't really count on it being resolved too quickly. It took several months for the IRS to figure out that the payment they said I owed them, and that I insisted I'd paid, was still stapled to the return they'd filed away. :sad2:

Sayhello

:scared1:

Jeri and I just had the fun of going through all of our records page by page! Weee! That was fun. Looks like a keying error from 912 to 91,200. Hopefully I can get a corrected 1099 without having to kill anyone. Keying errors can happen to anyone :teacher:, right, so I'm going to be patient and pleasing until I can no longer be patient and pleasing. Jeri also says I have to stop threatening to kill our accountant. All I'm saying is no one is out of this thing alive until I say they are. :cool2: I've moved on from Hamlet to the Thunder Dome. Or at least the Hunger Games.

Boy do I know what you're dealing with Lauren.
Just last month we got one of those ominous IRS letters.
Seems that in 2010 one of the companies Dino does work for made a mistake on his "first" W2, they also had sent the incorrect info to the IRS. So, weeks later they figure their mistake and send another W2 with the correct figures. They send this data to the IRS too.
Can you guess where this is going?
Yep, when they sent the corrected data they forgot to tell the IRS that the first W2 should be be deleted.
Now the IRS thinks Dino has earned almost twice as much from them.
First letter of explanation along with pages of back up was sent - as of today we haven't heard back from the IRS.

Boy do I know what you're dealing with Lauren.
Just last month we got one of those ominous IRS letters.
Seems that in 2010 one of the companies Dino does work for made a mistake on his "first" W2, they also had sent the incorrect info to the IRS. So, weeks later they figure their mistake and send another W2 with the correct figures. They send this data to the IRS too.
Can you guess where this is going?
Yep, when they sent the corrected data they forgot to tell the IRS that the first W2 should be be deleted.
Now the IRS thinks Dino has earned almost twice as much from them.
First letter of explanation along with pages of back up was sent - as of today we haven't heard back from the IRS.

You and Dino scoot over in the boat. It's an IRS keying error that made 921 into 91,200. Jeri and I spent last night combing back through our 2010 taxes pile pulling stuff out. The family that digs through paper together stays together, right? :headache:

I want an official letter of apology that says we're sorry we scared the crap out of you, sorry our letter sounded faintly threatening, sometimes even the all mighty IRS makes mistakes, thank you for your understanding, please don't shoot us in the eye with a bow and arrow. I don't think that's too much to ask, right?! :laughing:

:dance3::yay::banana::love:It came It came It came:love::banana::yay::dance3:

Our ABD box came today. It's so cute!!!

WE'RE GOING TO ITALY Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may need to leave work early today just to see if we got our box........

We got our box today as well!! I can't believe we are going to Italy. I honestly don't think I have allowed it to sink in yet!

Great news :yay: I'm hoping that I can say the same thing when I get home today :goodvibes

I pulled out our guide book, assorted city maps and Italian translator/dictionary this morning. Figured I better get a move on and do some more pre-trip planning.

:love: 35 Days, 20 hours & 46 Minutes til our first flight leaves....

We got our box today as well!! I can't believe we are going to Italy. I honestly don't think I have allowed it to sink in yet!

No box today :confused3

I guess Pennsylvania is not on the regular delivery route.

No box for Seattle, although not surprising. I'm sorry I haven't been able to make it to chat, as I am always still at work while you are all making merry and planning things.

Hope to manage to make it one of these Thursdays. If you plan anything fabulous, count me in!

Hey Folks....

You can tell the trip is getting close.

The "goodie boxes" are beginning to arrive and ABD has sent me the "missing info" email.

In the next day or so, several of you will be getting an email letting you know what info is might be missing.

If you don't get an email.... you are all set.

The count down has officially started.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest