The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotta join in. My parents took us there around 7 times before I was 18. We went once in college, once after marriage. We both love WDW. Now with our DD, it has gotten so much better. I did my best to "brainwash" DD early so she wouldn't have any problem wanting to go, ever. I only feel fulfilled when I know we have another trip on the horizon.

We love cruising too, so always have a problem when deciding where to vacation, although recently WDW has been winning.

I'm just glad to meet other men like me. I thought I was broken or something.

Finally a way for us Men to bond over the DIS! I'm in if you'll have me. My wife and I are new fanatics (since our first DCL cruise in April), but we are afflicted! This will be an almost all Disney Christmas for DD 8 and DD 10 months.

If I could I would change the horn on my car to the Magic or Wonder horn! We want to get vanity plates for our cars... Magic and Wonder!

Now all I have to do is convince her to let me buy in to DVC!

My addition to the qualifications...

When you walk into the Disney Store the employees shout your name like Norm in Cheers!

If you go to J. C. Whitney they sell a programmable electronic horn for about $40.00 then you just use the wave file that is on the castaway club shoreside survival CD. It's great when hit it on the highway people jump:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I've gotta join in. My parents took us there around 7 times before I was 18. We went once in college, once after marriage. We both love WDW. Now with our DD, it has gotten so much better. I did my best to "brainwash" DD early so she wouldn't have any problem wanting to go, ever. I only feel fulfilled when I know we have another trip on the horizon.

We love cruising too, so always have a problem when deciding where to vacation, although recently WDW has been winning.

I'm just glad to meet other men like me. I thought I was broken or something.

First welcome aboard! :welcome: :welcome: then "cruise with the mouse" Disney Cruise Lines ROCKS!!!

my wife and I have done 5 cruises with DCL and have three more booked
the next one up is the 15 night repo cruise from Fl. to the west coast through the canal.
05/10/08 then 09/27/08 for our anniversary, then 09/??/09 with a bunch of our DIS friends from the repo cruise JOIN us anytime:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I think I would qualify the numbers for me are 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 27, 29, 31, 32, 36, 37, 39, 45, 46, 48, 49, 50. Twenty six out of 50 is not bad and I am sure I can add more in a few weeks since I am getting my 1st Ipod. How many members do we have now? I agree how can you get your wife to enjoy these trips? I am 46 and my wife swears I have the adrenelin (sorry on spelling) of a 12 year old on these trips. My last trip with my sons from the 1st marriage. I was 44 and my sons were 19, 14 and I outpaced them every single day. It was in the summer and they were from Texas me from Ohio and they were amazed at how their "old" dad outpaced them. :rotfl2: My next trip is not till 2009 but I am starting to go full scale in planning. What can I say it is a obsession. My office is like a shrine to Disney and it gets bigger and bigger each year. :banana: My wife jokes I may need a new office some day. :scared1:

I'll admit to about 30 of the items on the current list, so I guess I qualify. I'm a life long Disney guy and a former CM too. It's great having kids now because I get to share it with them as well as having an excuse for all the people who ask why I'm going back again. It's for the kids! Although the people who know me best know not to believe that.

I'm just back from a great 12 night stay at the BWV followed by 3 days at Vero Beach. In accordance with the club qualifications list I am already working on plans for our return to WDW next October.

I was so proud a couple of days ago when my 2.5 year old son, within 24 hours of coming home, told my wife that he would much rather be back at Epcot instead of our house.

Please sign me up.

Initially I was the one who griped when my wife wanted to go to WDW.

Now I am the one asking when is our next trip.

Our daughter has only made me enjoy WDW so much more.

I think we need to add one qualification to your list.

If you have a special savings account that you started when your daughter was born so that she will have a Disney Wedding. (I did)

Welcome all the New finders of the Thread.

If you found this thread then you most likely belong to the Club already.

Feel free to add the Mascot but there is no need if your Sig is already filled up.

Merry Disney Eve to my wife and son :dance3: ! Also, Merry Disney Eve to any DIS Dad that may be visiting WDW tomorrow. Gentlemen, I hit the WORLD tomorrow and will be a big 300 lb :sulley: kid grining from ear to ear. Heck, I'm already doing that :goodvibes ! Once again Merry Disney Eve!!!!!!!party: party: party: party: party:

Merry Disney Eve to my wife and son :dance3: ! Also, Merry Disney Eve to any DIS Dad that may be visiting WDW tomorrow. Gentlemen, I hit the WORLD tomorrow and will be a big 300 lb :sulley: kid grining from ear to ear. Heck, I'm already doing that :goodvibes ! Once again Merry Disney Eve!!!!!!!party: party: party: party: party:

Man have a great Trip as I know you will. We went this time last year and had just a wondeful time.

We just finished booking our Split summer stay so it's time to really start planning for me.

Man I am jealous, I have 38 days left. It is driving me crazy. I kinda want to hurry through the holidays:goodvibes
Keep us posted. Are you going to do a "man" trip report?? Make sure you get pics with OUR MASCOT:woohoo:

We should come up with a gimic with "our mascot" in the pics each time we get one???? What ya think?

Man I am jealous, I have 38 days left. It is driving me crazy. I kinda want to hurry through the holidays:goodvibes
Keep us posted. Are you going to do a "man" trip report?? Make sure you get pics with OUR MASCOT:woohoo:

We should come up with a gimic with "our mascot" in the pics each time we get one???? What ya think?

You have agreat trip as well I have until July but did get down 4 times last year so who's complaining.

I might try to get him to do the pose like in our Icon for the DDC. It sort of like he's getting frisked by the cops but it might translate good. I may take a small picture and Talk to the Handler 1st. Then we could both line up like that looking over our shoulder ,I may even have to get Goofy Hat with the ears as well.

Eat a turkey leg in my honor. Have fun. :yay: :woohoo: :cool1:

Man I'm getting bummed out I have to wait till May for my fix!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Have a Magic Mickey time :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Merry Christmas, and have a great trip. We had to postpone our WDW winter trip, but for a great cause, as we are expecting our second baby on Dec. 27th. Plans are already in the works for a trip in May.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's to all of the Dis Dad members and their families.

This is from Kitchensinkguys 12 year old DS

aitwh.jpg

The Disney Fanatic -- you are the Godfather! What a great idea for a thread. My kids have nominated me for membership. BTW, nice home state. We are in the Triad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter