The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Just checking in live from the COntemporary here in sweltering DW. Just OKed $9.95 for 24 hours of internet access (I had a few drinks at Narcoossees).

Everyone having a blast. Son's favorite ride is Splash Mountain and everything else that gets you soaked. Daughter loves all the rides. Both want more time in the hotel pool which is close to 100 degrees itself. Seriously, who wants to swim in a bathtub?

Went to UNiversal and WWofHP. 45 minutes to get in WW adn 1 hour plus for Forbidden Journey. It was great, but what a long wait. Rest of WW just too damn crowded. Bought some Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and wands. Really funny, Ollivanders is so crowded that they are selling wands at a streek kiosk. Unfortunately, the display wands are melting and getting rather limp (flaccid?) in the heat. You pick one up, it kind of bends like a limp noodle. When you buy a wand, they give a nice stiff one in its own box (I said I was drinking). It was just too funny to see.

Anyway, Chef MIckey's for breakfast and Blizzard Beach tomorrow.

ClearScreen

Hey guys. Just checking in live from the COntemporary here in sweltering DW. Just OKed $9.95 for 24 hours of internet access (I had a few drinks at Narcoossees).

Everyone having a blast. Son's favorite ride is Splash Mountain and everything else that gets you soaked. Daughter loves all the rides. Both want more time in the hotel pool which is close to 100 degrees itself. Seriously, who wants to swim in a bathtub?

Went to UNiversal and WWofHP. 45 minutes to get in WW adn 1 hour plus for Forbidden Journey. It was great, but what a long wait. Rest of WW just too damn crowded. Bought some Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and wands. Really funny, Ollivanders is so crowded that they are selling wands at a streek kiosk. Unfortunately, the display wands are melting and getting rather limp (flaccid?) in the heat. You pick one up, it kind of bends like a limp noodle. When you buy a wand, they give a nice stiff one in its own box (I said I was drinking). It was just too funny to see.

ClearScreen

:lmao: glad to hear your having a good time clear screen!!:lmao:(and that your wand isnt limp, i hate when that happens.) :lmao: note to self, rule 40821, dont go on the disdads thread while drinking. :lmao: have a good time on the rest of your trip if we dont hear from you again!!:thumbsup2

ClearScreen

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ClearScreen

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hear that they have pills for that condition .

Hey Fed....tick tock tick tock getting closer Buddy hang in there. By the way, Please do not post anymore pictures of your pet spider. I had nightmares about that thing last night. I now know why I haven't seen Hungry lately. He took one look at that thing and hopped a flight back to the States! Stay Safe!

ClearScreen

Sounds fun, except for the heat. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Don'tcha all just love calls from your wife telling you something bad has happened at home? I know I sure do.

Yesterday I'm sitting enjoying my lunch when she calls, asking if I enjoyed a hot shower or not. I did. She hadn't.

So twice in the past 18 months I've replaced the heating element in our water heater, and the cathode tube, knowing full well I was only buying time. So when I got home I drained it to see if I could fix it again. No dice this time. Oh well. RIP old friend.

So I go get a new one but they said it wouldn't be able to be installed til Monday.

But guess what...they're doing it today! The installer called & said they had a cancellation this morning so they could fit us in afterall! I love the small silver linings. So they're here working on it now. I hate spending money on repairs & such, but am thankful for quick service!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hear that they have pills for that condition .

Hey Fed....tick tock tick tock getting closer Buddy hang in there. By the way, Please do not post anymore pictures of your pet spider. I had nightmares about that thing last night. I now know why I haven't seen Hungry lately. He took one look at that thing and hopped a flight back to the States! Stay Safe!

Yeah, the last month always draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags by...:headache:

Hungry Hungry has made a couple of appearances lately, despite the day I had yesterday....

Hey, how do you think I feel, I have to pay attention when I stumble out of my room at 0200 to go to the bathroom:scared1:....Those things WILL chase you:lmao::lmao:

They're not really after you, but they see you run and figure you have good reason for doing so, so they do too!!:eek::eek:

Stopher....that sucks man, but at least you get it fixed in a day:cool1:

Don'tcha all just love calls from your wife telling you something bad has happened at home? I know I sure do.

Yesterday I'm sitting enjoying my lunch when she calls, asking if I enjoyed a hot shower or not. I did. She hadn't.

So twice in the past 18 months I've replaced the heating element in our water heater, and the cathode tube, knowing full well I was only buying time. So when I got home I drained it to see if I could fix it again. No dice this time. Oh well. RIP old friend.

So I go get a new one but they said it wouldn't be able to be installed til Monday.

But guess what...they're doing it today! The installer called & said they had a cancellation this morning so they could fit us in afterall! I love the small silver linings. So they're here working on it now. I hate spending money on repairs & such, but am thankful for quick service!
wow, on a sat.? that would be about 120 per hour around here. if i lived closer, i could have installed it for you. the best thing to do with a water heater is to shut the power off, drain the heater completely, fillthe water heater up, open all the hot water faucets in the house,(gets all the air out of the system) than turn the power back on. (never send power to a hw heater element with no water around it, it will burn out in about 2 seconds) do that evey six months. make sure you heater is sitting up on blocks or that there is an air space under the water heater. sitting a water heater on there "feet" on the ground will cause it to rust out faster. you also may need a drain pan under the heater by law, depends on what state you live in, water heater drips or leaks it does so in the pan and runs into a floor drain or outside. and last, never,never,never put a plug in the relief valve!!! that valve will drip for a reason and if its dripping because of a high pressure problem,and you put a plug in it, it will explode!! not burst, explode!! it will go through the roof of your house and take most of the house with it. ive seen it done!! got to the job and the fire company beat me there. the guy put a plug in the relief valve of the water heater. killed himself, his wife and 2 of his three children. nothing i would ever want to see again!! anything that builds pressure can be a bomb if not treated properly.

note to self, rule 40821, dont go on the disdads thread while drinking. :...

Keep it as a note to self. Let's not make rules about alcohol consumption here.
From Jeff Foxworthy:
If you've ever opened a beer during a eulogy, you might be a redneck.
Iff you fart to cover-up the sound of a beer can opening at a funeral, you might be a redneck.

So I go get a new one but they said it wouldn't be able to be installed til Monday. But guess what...they're doing it today! The installer called & said they had a cancellation this morning so they could fit us in afterall!

And the good news is they decided to give install it FREE since it was on the weekend. Now who's been drinking!

From Jeff Foxworthy:
Iff you fart to cover-up the sound of a beer can opening at a funeral, you might be a redneck.

And the good news is they decided to give install it FREE since it was on the weekend. Now who's been drinking!

:lmao: it is funny to read!!:lmao:

wow, on a sat.? that would be about 120 per hour around here. if i lived closer, i could have installed it for you. the best thing to do with a water heater is to shut the power off, drain the heater completely, fillthe water heater up, open all the hot water faucets in the house,(gets all the air out of the system) than turn the power back on. (never send power to a hw heater element with no water around it, it will burn out in about 2 seconds) do that evey six months. make sure you heater is sitting up on blocks or that there is an air space under the water heater. sitting a water heater on there "feet" on the ground will cause it to rust out faster. you also may need a drain pan under the heater by law, depends on what state you live in, water heater drips or leaks it does so in the pan and runs into a floor drain or outside. and last, never,never,never put a plug in the relief valve!!! that valve will drip for a reason and if its dripping because of a high pressure problem,and you put a plug in it, it will explode!! not burst, explode!! it will go through the roof of your house and take most of the house with it. ive seen it done!! got to the job and the fire company beat me there. the guy put a plug in the relief valve of the water heater. killed himself, his wife and 2 of his three children. nothing i would ever want to see again!! anything that builds pressure can be a bomb if not treated properly.

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I've done all those things, except the killing part at the end of course, & taken good care of it all these years. It just decided it was time to give up the ghost and bid us farewell as all appliances do sooner or later.

From Jeff Foxworthy:

FREE sure would have been nice...oh well.

Does your power company offer water tanks? I have one that the power company installed and heats during off peak hours. Id did not cost me anything but I do pay like 12 bucks a month, but the savings that it reflects on my bill is more than that since it heats off peak hours.

We are in Myrtle Beach now...ahhhhhh....just hearing the ocean from the balcony is great!!!

:lmao: glad to hear your having a good time clear screen!!:lmao:(and that your wand isnt limp, i hate when that happens.) :lmao: note to self, rule 40821, dont go on the disdads thread while drinking. :lmao: have a good time on the rest of your trip if we dont hear from you again!!:thumbsup2

I break that rule all the time:lmao:

This is the main reason why I hate cell phones, seems like everytime it rings it's bad news or something stupid:confused3 Yet everytime I call her phone or the house phone, I never get a answer, go figure:confused3

This is the main reason why I hate cell phones, seems like everytime it rings it's bad news or something stupid:confused3 Yet everytime I call her phone or the house phone, I never get a answer, go figure:confused3

:lmao: i have the same problem. i try to call her on the her cell phone and she dont answer the thing anyway. we get texting, she dont answer that. she says she cant hear it ring. thats funny, i mumble something under my breath, two storys up in the house and she hears that.:lmao:now if the princess (dd) calls or text, she hears it. fyi , dd is the princess and dw is the queen in our house. when the dog died, i moved up a rung on the ladder.:lmao::lmao: now its two on one again!!:lmao:

topher1...
personally, I would have looked into a tankless heater...would end up saving you $$ in the long run....no tank to constantly being heated to 100 F.. when ours does give up the ghost, I will be going that route....

well hopefully its done and you can enjoy hot water again!

what?? no drinking of the dis? oops, I musta missed THAT rule...sorry fellas!:rotfl2::lmao:

topher1...
personally, I would have looked into a tankless heater...would end up saving you $$ in the long run....no tank to constantly being heated to 100 F.. when ours does give up the ghost, I will be going that route....

well hopefully its done and you can enjoy hot water again!

what?? no drinking of the dis? oops, I musta missed THAT rule...sorry fellas!:rotfl2::lmao:

Oh yeah, I definitely looked at the tankless variety, but they were just too much cash to put out at this time. We're trying really hard to avoid using credit and just paying cash, and getting rid of the outstanding balances we have without adding more debt. I didn't want to put out more than was cash than was absolutely necessary at this time. Sure the long-term savings would be good, but the short-term reality was honestly more important at present.

Hello Disney Dads!! It's been a long time since I posted, although I've lurked a bit. I'm proud to say that I'm Disney Dad #238. Wow, When I joined the Dad's club was on it's original thread and now it's up to #5!!

Myself, DW, and DS(16) are heading to All Star Sports on 8/24 for a 5 day dose of magic. I've been away from the message board mainly due to work commitments, but with a trip planned just 2 weeks away I'm getting more excited and wanted to check in. How have the crowds been? How has Summer Nightastic been? I know I'm arriving after it ends, but it sounded fun. Also we have dinning reservations to The Wave, and I'm wondering if anybody might have any experiences eating there.

This is our 7th trip to the World and I never tire of it. I'll give a trip report when we get back. I hope everybody's having a great summer, whether it includes a Disney trip or not!!

Drive everywhere. (But I am from Detroit where public transportation was practically outlawed so people would buy cars.)

Good news Dads I won my election yesterday and I am now a precinct delegate. The US House of Representatives candidate I am working for also won his primary and I enjoyed a great victory party last night.:cool1::cool1:

Gary Peters you better start looking for a new job!:cool1::cool1:

First CRUD! I wish our computers were not so locked down at work its hard to keep up with you guys!

2nd Congratulations Chill! All I can say is go Rocky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter