• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the party is over we just got back to the room for the last time and we are packing everything up. Our flight leaves for the Motor City early tomorrow morning. It has been a great trip and I even met up with another dis dad, and yes there are pictures coming.

Reality beckons, I must go to her.:lmao:

have a safe flight!!! could it be the fed???popcorn::

39 degrees and clear as a bell with a huge full moon here in NC, and I'm off for somewhere between a 6 and 10 mile run (we figure it out as we go along). Then soccer at 2 this afternoon and some kind of haunted hay ride at my sisters house tonight. Naturally, that will cause me to miss Heels v. Miami, so I'm hoping I can catch a replay on ESPN 3. Hope that everyone has a great weekend.

Well the party is over we just got back to the room for the last time and we are packing everything up. Our flight leaves for the Motor City early tomorrow morning. It has been a great trip and I even met up with another dis dad, and yes there are pictures coming.

Reality beckons, I must go to her.:lmao:

Safe flight Chill! Hope that you got lots of time on OBA!

WoW I just printed a list of things you can get for a snack credit, Dole Whips are on the list, I don't know if all spots that have them are on the list, but so far I saw the spot at the Poly:goodvibes:woohoo::yay:

clearscreen, i think i remember you saying you work in nyc??? my wife has to go into the homeoffice this week for a few days. she works at7 hanover square, anywere close to you?

Yeah. About 3-4 blocks away. I am at 80 Pine Street which is 1 block north of Wall Street between Pearl Street and Water Street.

I'm sure the people in her office will tell her, but she has to eat at Harry's of Hanover at least once for lunch.

Also, if she wants some incredibly over-priced soup, the Soup Nazi has a store about a block or so away on Pearl called the Original Soupman or something like that. The soup is good, but it will cost like $13-15. I mean, seriously, it is soup. I tried it once. Now I pay half that for soup just as good at 10 other places in the area.

A place I actually like better which is right next to the soup place is called Fresco by Scotto. Very good lunch place.

Finally, again her office mates will know the best places, there is also a really good pizza place right near her on Stone Street.

Hope she has a wonderful trip!

ClearScreen

Yeah. About 3-4 blocks away. I am at 80 Pine Street which is 1 block north of Wall Street between Pearl Street and Water Street.

I'm sure the people in her office will tell her, but she has to eat at Harry's of Hanover at least once for lunch.

Also, if she wants some incredibly over-priced soup, the Soup Nazi has a store about a block or so away on Pearl called the Original Soupman or something like that. The soup is good, but it will cost like $13-15. I mean, seriously, it is soup. I tried it once. Now I pay half that for soup just as good at 10 other places in the area.

A place I actually like better which is right next to the soup place is called Fresco by Scotto. Very good lunch place.

Finally, again her office mates will know the best places, there is also a really good pizza place right near her on Stone Street.

Hope she has a wonderful trip!

ClearScreen
:thumbsup2 thanks, ill let her know! she use to go in alot before her eye problem this summer. now that her problem looks under controll she is going to be going back in again. shes going in tuesday night and coming home thursday. she will be with 2 other girls from work so atleast shes not treching around nyc alone at night. the company puts her up at the waldorf. shes only taking a small bag with her this time,last time she stayed over night she came home with 3 pair of new shoes!:lmao: i just asked her, she eats at the pizza place but never had the 15 dollar soup yet, shes gonna try to find out were that is. thanks again.

ClearScreen

Daaaannnnng. That must be the gold plated soup. Are there any eyeballs in that soup?? I had some fisheye soup when I was in China a couple of years ago. Not too bad, but the eyes rolling around in there freaked me out a little.

Good day at the soccer yard. 5-2 win for our challenge team. DS managed a hat trick today, all in the second half.

Went to a great haunted "house" last night. There is a huge pumpkin farm near my sister's house, and they line up bonfires around their lake and have a haunted house, actually it's a haunted walk, that goes through the woods and a cornfield maze. Takes about 45 minutes to do and there are all kinds of creatures that come out after you. The corn maze especially freaked me out because you would be walking along and all of a sudden here comes someone yelling and screaming at you. I requested new underwear multiple times. :scared1: After the haunted walk, you can sit around your bonfire and roast hot dogs, marshmallows, or just chill, which is what I did. Finally, they had a haunted hay ride that just basically took you around the farm in the dark, but also took you close to the haunted walk trail, which meant that some of the same folks came running out on you again while you were on the hay ride:scared1: Could have used a couple of new pairs of underwear after that too:rolleyes1 However, we all lived to see another day. Sure was big fun, though.

It's been a nice Sunday so far - nice win for the Chiefs, and a great start for my Passamaquoddy Dragons.

Now, I'm getting the itch to start pricing out options for our next Disney trip. It'll just be rough numbers at this point anyway. We're pretty much settled on waiting until late 2012 or 2013 for the trip, so we can go without messing with a stroller for Squeaker.

It's been a nice Sunday so far - nice win for the Chiefs, and a great start for my Passamaquoddy Dragons.

Now, I'm getting the itch to start pricing out options for our next Disney trip. It'll just be rough numbers at this point anyway. We're pretty much settled on waiting until late 2012 or 2013 for the trip, so we can go without messing with a stroller for Squeaker.

We took a stroller and a car seat for Virginia. Delta lets you transport those items for free. The only time it was ever used was in the parking lots. I scored a AAA diamond parking pass (even though I did not book with AAA) so we always parked close and walked into the parks. Once we were in she would not get in it so it was mostly used to carry our gear. I kind of like having a stroller, I am not looking forward to carrying everything again.

We took a stroller and a car seat for Virginia. Delta lets you transport those items for free. The only time it was ever used was in the parking lots. I scored a AAA diamond parking pass (even though I did not book with AAA) so we always parked close and walked into the parks. Once we were in she would not get in it so it was mostly used to carry our gear. I kind of like having a stroller, I am not looking forward to carrying everything again.

We are debating on whether to take a stroller for Lauren this year or not. For the past 4 years we have used a Sit and Stand so Ethan could ride on back...but those days are over. We have a nice umbrells type stroller Lauren could ride in but just not sure if it is worth the effort of taking or not.

We are debating on whether to take a stroller for Lauren this year or not. For the past 4 years we have used a Sit and Stand so Ethan could ride on back...but those days are over. We have a nice umbrells type stroller Lauren could ride in but just not sure if it is worth the effort of taking or not.

i know our dd was 4 the last time we took a stroller. i have a pics of her hanging in my office of her when we went for her 5th birthday and we didnt have the stroller. by that time, she could out walk us. i still remeber her walking around when she was out of her stoller,the rule was if your out of the stoller, you have to hold a hand. i cant believe shes going to 18 already.:sad2: now she drags us around.:lmao:

if anyone remembers, if you happen to meet my dd in december, i have to let her drive onto walt disney world property this trip and into okw. :rolleyes1 she has been buggin me for 2 year to let her drive onto property. dw said i would never let her do it.:lmao:that i would never give it up.well,for the first time, in 26 years, i wont be driving onto wdw property this trip. :sad1: im gonna sit in the back, "are we here?, are we here yet?are we here?"i have to pee!!!:lmao: if you remember, ask her who got to drive in this trip, shell love it.:lmao:

We're taking a 3 and 5 yr old like you are. We're skipping the stroller altogether. I'll carry the gear around in a backpack and a mid-day break should keep the kids fresh- hopefully.

The stroller was a necessity on this trip, as much because Squeaker was more than a bit overwhelmed by everything at times. The stroller literally gave him a place to hide when it was too much for him. He was coming out of his shell more near the end of the trip, so I'm not as concerned about that aspect for the next trip. Because of Squeaker's size, I don't think there's an umbrella stroller in existence that will accommodate him. And while the City Mini that we rented was a pretty awesome little vehicle, it doesn't fold down particularly small, so it was a PITA at times (especially on busses).

We're taking a 3 and 5 yr old like you are. We're skipping the stroller altogether. I'll carry the gear around in a backpack and a mid-day break should keep the kids fresh- hopefully.

That was us on our first trip (DS 4 & DD 7). I backpacked it the entire time and occasionally (a couple or 3 times per day) threw DS on my shoulders for a few minutes just to let him rest. Since it was our first trip, we didn't do the mid day rest. We've learned after that trip that a mid day rest is a good thing. :rolleyes1

I'm logging out but leaving wiyh a Let's go Yankees cheer"

Rangers! Giants! Next on FOX!

(That sound you hear are FOX network executives quietly weeping while looking at the projected TV ratings for the World Series. Love 'em or hate 'em teams like the Yankees pull in the viewers)

We are back in the tri-state area, and I have been back online planning our next excursion.
Welcome home! Got anything booked yet? :confused3:thumbsup2

Hey, I'm only down by 54 points and I have Felix Jones and Jason Witten playing tonight. So there's a chanc...ah Peanut Butter - I got nuthin'. Congrats on the win. :sad2:

And on a related note over in the Yahoo Pick'em league, my 6 year old daughter is on a roll. She has 7 correct picks so far this week, including nailing the Browns/Saints and Bills/Ravens games. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter