The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DONT PEANUT BUTTER BELIEVE THIS!!!! after everything my wife has gone through this year, losing her vision in her left eye. finding a tumor, radiation treatment,running to philly. this morning, i notice i have a white lump on the white part of my left eye!:sad2: my eye dr. isnt in today, im going tuesday at 3:15. i did something i said i would never do again, look up medical things on the internet. it has felt like theres something in my eye every so often. a few weeks ago, i woke up and it felt like i had sand in my eyes.(our house is very dry) and im always sneezing this time of year so i didnt think anything about it. till today. hopefully and im praying it is, i think i have a pinguecula or a pterygium. my eye will get red on the botton half and it feels like i have something in my eye every so often. the feeling goes away for a few days and than it comes back. i dont drink but i may start!!! ill let you know how i make out tuesday afternnon.

Holy Peanut Butter Batman! I hope the drops work!

gerows, when in december are you going to be at okw??

We get there the 18th and then move over to AKV on the 23rd. Looks like we will be leaving on the 11th. Sorry we won't be able to met up for a beer at the Gurgling Suitcase. This is our first trip to OKW and from what I've read, I'm going to love it.

Sorry to hear about the eye. I hope everything turns out ok.

Marty

I asked her the same thing, but the Redskins won. So shut me up!

If I were the Bears, I'd trade for Deangelo Hall as a wide receiver. Cutler really developed a nice rapport with him. :rolleyes1

PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing that up again.

Actually, I was thinking that the Bears should re-tool their offense to include Hall as WR and the NY Giants D-line as their O-line since they seemed to predict Culter's moves better that the Bear' O-line the other week.

Howdy Fellas…
Been silly busy for the past several days and it going to stay that way around here for at least a couple more weeks, but I want to at least check in and see what’s up.

I DONT PEANUT BUTTER BELIEVE THIS!!!! after everything my wife has gone through this year, losing her vision in her left eye. finding a tumor, radiation treatment,running to philly. this morning, i notice i have a white lump on the white part of my left eye!:sad2: my eye dr. isnt in today, im going tuesday at 3:15. i did something i said i would never do again, look up medical things on the internet. it has felt like theres something in my eye every so often. a few weeks ago, i woke up and it felt like i had sand in my eyes.(our house is very dry) and im always sneezing this time of year so i didnt think anything about it. till today. hopefully and im praying it is, i think i have a pinguecula or a pterygium. my eye will get red on the botton half and it feels like i have something in my eye every so often. the feeling goes away for a few days and than it comes back. i dont drink but i may start!!! ill let you know how i make out tuesday afternnon.

Not Fair!!! :headache: We’ll keep you in our thoughts down this way. Hopefully this will not turn out to be a major problem.

Attention all BAND GEEKS!!!

Tennessee may have gotten beat Saturday Night...but "The Pride of the Southland Band" Dominated the Halftime show.

Long clip...but you must watch the Circle Drill. Starts at about 3 Minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNQLLSwBcJQ

Very Cool! :thumbsup2 That’s an excellent drill from both a visual and musical perspective. Thanks for posting the link. Way back when I was a young’en the networks used to actually broadcast the halftime festivities during collage ball games, but now it just a time for more commercials and a chance to give the commentators more face time and stroke their own egos. At least with the advent of YouTube, fans of just about any stripe can share events like this.

Well since you got me on the subject (and it’s been ruling our world for a few weeks now), our little high school band traveled to the SC Upper-State Regionals this past Saturday and pulled off one of the best performances in the history of our four-year young organization. We ended up in second place behind our cross-town rivals (who got a great shock when they realized that they were in first by only 0.775 of a point when they were certain and openly boasted that it was going to be a complete cake walk). That performance earned us a spot in the State 3A Championships next weekend, so we’ve got one more week to bring it up a notch. All in all, an excellent week end.

Thanks for listening and I’ll try to check back in some time this week.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best of luck.

I hope it just a ingrown hair or something, you don't need this kind of peanutbutter now, best of luck:goodvibes

I hope they find an easy fix to your problem and it is nothing serious.. thinking & praying Dave.

thanks!!:thumbsup2 i didnt want to tell dw but i had to. she said "you got to be kidding me"? hopefully, from what im reading,if it is what i think it is, they can give me eye drops for it.if it gets bigger they can remove it.im just hoping for the best at this point. what are the odds of something like this.:sad2: ill talk to you guys tomorrow.:thumbsup2

We'll be praying for you Dave.
Maybe try rubbing some peanut butter on it. :confused3 (I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I sounded better in my head.)

I'm praying Dave!

Dave - that totally sucks! Praying that the thing you found is harmless and can be taken care of with drops or something just as simple. :thumbsup2

Nate - Those miniatures look awesome! Would love to have a Magic Kingdom room in the house :scratchin

Ended up having to replace the lower heating element in my electric hot water heater last night. We suddenly starting getting less hot water the night before and I thought maybe we just used a bunch of hot water that day. Nope. I must admit, though, that I didn't know it was that easy to replace an element. Hardest part is waiting for the tank to drain! :lmao: AND it cost less than $20 to pull off (would have been $11... but I didn't have a 1 1/2 inch socket to unscrew the element). Back in business now :thumbsup2

Back to your normal programming.....

pownage

Ended up having to replace the lower heating element in my electric hot water heater last night. We suddenly starting getting less hot water the night before and I thought maybe we just used a bunch of hot water that day. Nope. I must admit, though, that I didn't know it was that easy to replace an element. Hardest part is waiting for the tank to drain! :lmao: AND it cost less than $20 to pull off (would have been $11... but I didn't have a 1 1/2 inch socket to unscrew the element). Back in business now :thumbsup2

Oooh - I did that twice in the past 18 months. Then had to replace the whole thing. Hopefully you'll get more life out of yours! :wizard:

**Yawn** **Stretch** **Scratch**...

Hello boys, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack........

I'm still tired....:lmao:

For some reason I have the theme song of Dukes of Hazzard in my head right now :confused3 Welcome back, Fed! How was the trip??

Oooh - I did that twice in the past 18 months. Then had to replace the whole thing. Hopefully you'll get more life out of yours! :wizard:

Ouch! I hope we do, too. It's at least 5 years old (that's when we bought the house) and I couldn't find a date on the thing. Since I had the lower element out I took a peak with a flashlight and the inside looked pretty good. I might just go ahead and replace the upper element now anyway. Shoot, for $11 I might get some savings back if it's as corroded as the lower one was. :teacher:

:goodvibes:woohoo: Just got off the phone with WDW, talk about a Magical day, booked Harmony Barber Shop for my DS & I on Dec 9, what luck we got the 12:00 spot (Dapper Dan's come in and sing at noon:cool1:) I've never had a haircut with live entertainment:banana:

:goodvibes:woohoo: Just got off the phone with WDW, talk about a Magical day, booked Harmony Barber Shop for my DS & I on Dec 9, what luck we got the 12:00 spot (Dapper Dan's come in and sing at noon:cool1:) I've never had a haircut with live entertainment:banana:

:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay: Nice score!

Ouch! I hope we do, too. It's at least 5 years old (that's when we bought the house) and I couldn't find a date on the thing. Since I had the lower element out I took a peak with a flashlight and the inside looked pretty good. I might just go ahead and replace the upper element now anyway. Shoot, for $11 I might get some savings back if it's as corroded as the lower one was. :teacher:

Yeah I was tickled to just have to pay about $20 each time. Ours was 8 years old. I wasn't so tickled when it came time to cough up for a new unit, plus the install charges, etc. And ours is on the upper floor, so they tacked on an extra $100 for that little "joy". When I was shopping for a new one, I kept reading the average life span nowadays is 6-8 years... man I wish they made things to last longer. And I'm NOT trying to be a downer for you Don... just sharing what we went through this past summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter