The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don,
Glad to hear you guys are okay. I was thinking about you last night when I was watching the news. Looks like it has been really bad all along the coast.

Fed....only a few more days man!

Captain...I feel for yah..I had the same cruise this summer, rough seas and dreaded presence of the in-laws:lmao:

We're booked for the 23rd - 30th. Maybe we'll see you there!
Hey, I see you're from the Natural State also! :thumbsup2 Do y'all drive down or fly?

We drive down, the kids are used to it now and have TV's in the car. I wish they had those when i was a kid, my dad would not have had to pull over and paddle us as much...probably.

where will you be staying, or do you know yet?

Great news!! It looks like Space montain may be open when I get there on Sunday. There was a soft opening today and I am hoping that they will have it open for the Christmas Party on Sunday night!! If you haven't seen the sneak peak yet check it out.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...in-attraction-to-reopen-with-a-few-surprises/

Please be open :worship:

I wounder if the asteroids that look like chocolate chip cookies will still be there? I hope so, that is a great childhood memory of mine. I will take pictures if it is open.

Great news!! It looks like Space montain may be open when I get there on Sunday. There was a soft opening today and I am hoping that they will have it open for the Christmas Party on Sunday night!! If you haven't seen the sneak peak yet check it out.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...in-attraction-to-reopen-with-a-few-surprises/

I wounder if the asteroids that look like chocolate chip cookies will still be there? I hope so, that is a great childhood memory of mine. I will take pictures if it is open.

Good luck with Space Mountain! I would love to have taken DD on it in October, but we can't schedule her birthday around Disney's Maintenance schedule.:confused3

Take lot's of pictures!

We drive down, the kids are used to it now and have TV's in the car. I wish they had those when i was a kid, my dad would not have had to pull over and paddle us as much...probably.

where will you be staying, or do you know yet?

We'll be at POR. I see you've stayed there. With 5 of us I imagine we'll be in AB. You stayed at CBR in 2007! So did we. :thumbsup2 We were there in Sept. Great resort.

There's no DVD in our van. We'll be buying one/some before we go. :happytv: There's no way we'll survive without it. :laughing:

Hey, glad you guys came through that Storm OK....it had potential to be trouble..

Funny thing about those Noreasters though.

A hurricane goes on for a few hours (I grew up in Charleston and went through Hugo in 89, it was pretty darn bad)...

But those Noreasters go on for days and days and days and days and......

I imagine you can take a beating on those.

Four days and a wake up....flights to Kuwait are brutal, it's going to take me 24 to 48 hours to get there...darn, cuts my time in the spa:lmao::lmao:

have a good trip chill!!! good luck with space mountain and dont forget to ride old band-aide!!! when we were there last month she was smellin pretty good!!:thumbsup2

Not real close... it's about a 20 minute ride to the beach. We are far enough away to not be affected by tidal surges.

thats good. your close enough but you dont get the tidal surge. the only thing we have had the last few days is wind. 15-30mph but no rain. i guess today we are to get some rain but not alot. im gonna finish the outside christmas decs sunday.

hate raking leaves... hate raking leaves... hate raking leaves...

Anybody wanna come help rake some leaves? :rotfl2:

DW says we have to get the leaves raked before we start putting up lights. :headache:

DW says we have to get the leaves raked before we start putting up lights. :headache:

do what the guy behind me does, wait for the wind to blow them in everyone elses yard!:lmao:

There's no DVD in our van. We'll be buying one/some before we go. :happytv: There's no way we'll survive without it. :laughing:

We got ours at Sam's Club. I think it's an RCA brand, but it has two screens - each can play it's own movie (they both have headphone jacks) or the can be linked together and they can play the same. Total lifesaver.

Of course, with 3 girls, you're going to have get 3 screens and some industrial ear protection for yourself!

Here's what drives me crazy about my city. It's November 14, the at least 2 of the biggest trees on my street are just starting to turn yellow (forget about falling off yet), and according to the city's website, they are done picking up the leaves in my neighborhood. Oh well, I'll just rake them into the street and let the snowplow get 'em.:confused3

I'm a little jealous,since it was closed and all when we were there in may, but i do hope you get a go at it. Oh yeah, and the TTA also

We'll be at POR. I see you've stayed there. With 5 of us I imagine we'll be in AB. You stayed at CBR in 2007! So did we. :thumbsup2 We were there in Sept. Great resort.

We liked POR better than CBR, and were in AB as well. the boat "shuttle" to Downtown is slow but worth taking because you go right past the tree house villas.

Yeah, the tv's are very important to the sanity of the driver. The only thing they will fight over now is what movie to watch.

Of course, with 3 girls, you're going to have get 3 screens and some industrial ear protection for yourself!

You got that right. When we had a DVD player before they could never agree on what to watch. It's almost better to not have one than to only have ONE! :lmao:

do what the guy behind me does, wait for the wind to blow them in everyone elses yard!:lmao:

I thought of that.... but don't want to be 'that guy'. :rotfl2:

Here's what drives me crazy about my city. It's November 14, the at least 2 of the biggest trees on my street are just starting to turn yellow (forget about falling off yet), and according to the city's website, they are done picking up the leaves in my neighborhood. Oh well, I'll just rake them into the street and let the snowplow get 'em.:confused3

Bureaucracy at it's finest! :thumbsup2

It wasn't too bad. We only did the front yard. There's two bradford pear trees in the front. One has almost lost all it's leaves. The other hasn't hardly lost any. I thought we were going to loose the first one this year, it's been looking puny since September.
I used the leaf blower, and we got the whole family involved in bagging them. We ended up with 15 bags... in only 2 hours! :cool2:

It took awhile but I finally got my lights up. Mine are the red ones.

15861_1279644276365_1387786683_30808977_3479899_n.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

did it today at my place, beer helps.

We liked POR better than CBR, and were in AB as well. the boat "shuttle" to Downtown is slow but worth taking because you go right past the tree house villas.

Cool. Didn't know about the treehouse view. :thumbsup2

Yeah, the tv's are very important to the sanity of the driver. The only thing they will fight over now is what movie to watch.

:lmao: See above... Glad to know it's not just our family.

Woohoo! Here's some pixie dust to make that ride happen! pixiedust:

thats good. your close enough but you dont get the tidal surge. the only thing we have had the last few days is wind. 15-30mph but no rain. i guess today we are to get some rain but not alot. im gonna finish the outside christmas decs sunday.

Yep... close enough to enjoy the beach... without the pains of the beach. We love where we live.

Boooooo!!! :sad2: But it is easier to get them off the lawn without the wires all over the yard! :lmao:

LOL! Well... we are on a corner lot.... and it seems the entire neighborhood's leave foliage ends up in my yard. Very frustrating... raking OTHER people's leaves! :headache:

It took awhile but I finally got my lights up. Mine are the red ones.

15861_1279644276365_1387786683_30808977_3479899_n.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I almost lost my dinner over this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter