The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can see, it looks like the last number used was 388 for Janitor Beans. We're getting close to 400!!!!!! :thumbsup2 The list is on page 1.

Hey guys can I get in on this Dads club? Sounds like a good time, I have 2 kids 9 & 7 and have been to the world every year since 2003. Yes, our next trip is already planned....May2010.

see ya (real soon)

Oh yeah... we have loads of fun here... :dance3: :cheer2: ... oh wait... not that kind... more like :smokin::drive::badpc::drinking1:darth: HAHA! You are member # 389!

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

So it looks like the 2009 nor'easter is finally losing steam and is heading out to sea. Good thing I didn't put out any Christmas decorations yet! They would have been blown all the way to WDW :lmao: Seriously though... I think we got hit harder with this storm than we did with Hurricane Isabel back in 2003. Took on almost 10 inches of water within 3 days... and wind gusts over 70mph... I thank God for sparing us from any damage.

Glad to hear you are all okay, how did the rest of your area hold up. Funny for us we have had some pretty nice weather here in Southern Ontario, not hot but not bitterly cold and no sn#@ yet.(yes that is a bad word with me)

Take care.:)

Glad to hear you are all okay, how did the rest of your area hold up. Funny for us we have had some pretty nice weather here in Southern Ontario, not hot but not bitterly cold and no sn#@ yet.(yes that is a bad word with me)

Take care.:)

Well... it seems most of the area did ok... there were a few places that have flood water rise enough to invade property. And there was a pier in our area that got chopped in half by the waves. But in all, I'd say everyone came through as well as could be expected. I do know this... if we ever get another hurricane our way, I'm getting the family out of the area. Those constant winds are nerve-wracking!

LOL... we don't have to worry so much about that four letter word...

So it looks like the 2009 nor'easter is finally losing steam and is heading out to sea. Good thing I didn't put out any Christmas decorations yet! They would have been blown all the way to WDW :lmao: Seriously though... I think we got hit harder with this storm than we did with Hurricane Isabel back in 2003. Took on almost 10 inches of water within 3 days... and wind gusts over 70mph... I thank God for sparing us from any damage.

Wow...glad to hear you guys are ok! :thumbsup2

Just got back yesterday from the cruise! We had a good time, in spite of rough seas and the dreaded presence of the in-laws! :lmao:

I'll put up a few pictures on facebook, and if I can figure out how to do pictures here, maybe a trip report will be forthcoming...

Man, that went quick.

Just got back yesterday from the cruise! We had a good time, in spite of rough seas and the dreaded presence of the in-laws! :lmao:

I'll put up a few pictures on facebook, and if I can figure out how to do pictures here, maybe a trip report will be forthcoming...

Man, that went quick.

Welcome back! And YES... it did go by quickly. Anxiously looking forward to the pics.... :thumbsup2

Man, that went quick.

WELCOME BACK CAPTAIN!!:thumbsup2

wow, i seen that on tv last night. how close to the beach is your house?

Man, that went quick.

I'm sure there was enough room on the boat to hide from them. It may have to be in engine room, but at least you can get some peace and quiet in there! :rotfl2:

Welcome back!

I hear ya, when we moved down here in 2002 and Isabel was our first experience with a hurricane. For some reason the rain didn't really surprise me, it was the wind. It's one thing to have a 20 minute thunderstorm with a 60 mile an hour wind gust, it's quite another to have it sustained above 50 mph for hours on end.

I hear ya, when we moved down here in 2002 and Isabel was our first experience with a hurricane. For some reason the rain didn't really surprise me, it was the wind. It's one thing to have a 20 minute thunderstorm with a 60 mile an hour wind gust, it's quite another to have it sustained above 50 mph for hours on end.

Yes... Isabel was an eye opener for us, too. Those sustained winds are mind-blowing. I just can't even imagine being in a hurricane above a category 1... :confused3

Yes... Isabel was an eye opener for us, too. Those sustained winds are mind-blowing. I just can't even imagine being in a hurricane above a category 1... :confused3

Glad you're OK too. I know what you mean about how these non-hurricanes can seem just as bad or worse than the "big" ones sometimes. Living in South Florida, we've had our share over the years...

We saw scenes from VA Beach on the news. Glad to hear you guys are OK!

Welcome back, Captain!

Hey Fed ~ You're really getting short now!

We usually go in May and manage pretty well, it is busy but not like summer.

We check in on the 27th leave on the 3rd.

We're booked for the 23rd - 30th. Maybe we'll see you there!
Hey, I see you're from the Natural State also! :thumbsup2 Do y'all drive down or fly?

Glad you're all safe!

Man, that went quick.
Welcome Back! We've vacationed with the in-laws before... I feel your pain. :lmao: Be sure to post your trip report when you get it started. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter