The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairywings said:
Max: Max shrugged. Then she heard the announcement. Max frowned. Her father would come, all right.

Max: Max grew selfconcious. She was no longer alone. And she couldn't look away, because then she'd be looking at the boys, and she would not look at them. She hoped neither Amelia nor Margo had heard her.

River: River looked at Max seeing that she was uncomfortable, but she wasn't sure what to say. She was actually glad max hadn't run for it when others sat down. "do you think your dad will come?" she asked. To Margo and Amelia it would appear to be an innocent question. But she knew that to her and Max there was more meaning hidden. River was worried for max, and she didn't exactly want to meet the man that put Max through so much pain. But mostly she just wanted him to be as far from Max as possible, because she didn't want him to hurt her anymore.

River: River looked at Max seeing that she was uncomfortable, but she wasn't sure what to say. She was actually glad max hadn't run for it when others sat down. "do you think your dad will come?" she asked. To Margo and Amelia it would appear to be an innocent question. But she knew that to her and Max there was more meaning hidden. River was worried for max, and she didn't exactly want to meet the man that put Max through so much pain. But mostly she just wanted him to be as far from Max as possible, because she didn't want him to hurt her anymore.

Max: "Oh, he'll come. He always does when my schools have these types of things. He's not bad in public though. He likes everyone thanking him for serving the country, as he usually has an Army vet cap on or something else military, and he cares a lot about his public image. He knows he could get in trouble if anyone knew about the relationship between my father and me. He just acts like any strict Army dad in public."

Fairywings said:
Max: "Oh, he'll come. He always does when my schools have these types of things. He's not bad in public though. He likes everyone thanking him for serving the country, as he usually has an Army vet cap on or something else military, and he cares a lot about his public image. He knows he could get in trouble if anyone knew about the relationship between my father and me. He just acts like any strict Army dad in public."

River: "oh ok, just wondering" River said.

Amelia: Amelia sat, awkwardly chewing her toast. I should have just stayed in the kitchen, she thought. She felt her nerves and anxiety coming on, and she couldn't wait to get out of there.

Toby: Toby sat awkwardly, since his trying to be perfect was apparently obvious to Max he was worried about what others were thinking about him. In order to push these thoughts out of his mind he tried starting a conversation. "so....parents night, that sounds...interesting." he said.

Toby: Toby sat awkwardly, since his trying to be perfect was apparently obvious to Max he was worried about what others were thinking about him. In order to push these thoughts out of his mind he tried starting a conversation. "so....parents night, that sounds...interesting." he said.

Daniel: "Ehh, I just hope my brothers don't decide to leave their universities just to come to this Parent's Night. They'd be the death of me."

Fairywings said:
Daniel: "Ehh, I just hope my brothers don't decide to leave their universities just to come to this Parent's Night. They'd be the death of me."

Toby: "yeah, I only have one sister, but she won't come. She is ten years older than me, she lives two states away, and she doesn't have time for me." Toby said speaking quietly and looking down. Toby's sister was practically perfect, she had a great job, a nice family, and beautiful home. He knew she was his parent's favorite, and he hated living in her shadow.

Toby: "yeah, I only have one sister, but she won't come. She is ten years older than me, she lives two states away, and she doesn't have time for me." Toby said speaking quietly and looking down. Toby's sister was practically perfect, she had a great job, a nice family, and beautiful home. He knew she was his parent's favorite, and he hated living in her shadow.

Daniel: "That has to suck," Daniel said sympathetically. "One of my brother's nineteen, the other's eighteen, and they're the biggest teases you'll ever meet. The only reason the three of us even get along most of the time is because we're the only consistant friend any of us has every had. Still, I don't want them here. If they found out about River and me, I'd never hear the end of it." Daniel took a sip of his drink. Yes, it would be disasturous if his brothers came.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: "That has to suck," Daniel said sympathetically. "One of my brother's nineteen, the other's eighteen, and they're the biggest teases you'll ever meet. The only reason the three of us even get along most of the time is because we're the only consistant friend any of us has every had. Still, I don't want them here. If they found out about River and me, I'd never hear the end of it." Daniel took a sip of his drink. Yes, it would be disasturous if his brothers came.

Toby: "yeah, it does. I just sometime wish I was like her. But I'm not. At all. We're opposites when it comes to practically anything. We used to be close when we were younger. But now she hardly talks to me." he said. This was nice getting to talk to Daniel about their different sibling issues without feeling like he was being judged. "sorry your brothers like to mess you."

Toby: "yeah, it does. I just sometime wish I was like her. But I'm not. At all. We're opposites when it comes to practically anything. We used to be close when we were younger. But now she hardly talks to me." he said. This was nice getting to talk to Daniel about their different sibling issues without feeling like he was being judged. "sorry your brothers like to mess you."

Daniel: Daniel shrugged. "Sometimes that happens with family members. You start out cool, close, but then they drift away. You take a backseat to whatever they believe is most important. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's not. And you sit there and wait until the next holiday, or your next birthday, until they get around to you, if they even remember. My bros aren't like that, but my dad is." Daniel grew slightly angry at that. Everything always revolved around his father. Whatever his father "needed" to happen, it happened. Daniel had been accepting of that for his first sixteen years, but he'd been beginning to get annoyed at it for some time. His dad had forgotten about his last birthday. The only reason his brothers had stuck around once they'd graduated was to look out for their youngest brother, Daniel suspected. Then he took a deep breath and calmed himself, slowly making his anger go away.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel shrugged. "Sometimes that happens with family members. You start out cool, close, but then they drift away. You take a backseat to whatever they believe is most important. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's not. And you sit there and wait until the next holiday, or your next birthday, until they get around to you, if they even remember. My bros aren't like that, but my dad is." Daniel grew slightly angry at that. Everything always revolved around his father. Whatever his father "needed" to happen, it happened. Daniel had been accepting of that for his first sixteen years, but he'd been beginning to get annoyed at it for some time. His dad had forgotten about his last birthday. The only reason his brothers had stuck around once they'd graduated was to look out for their youngest brother, Daniel suspected. Then he took a deep breath and calmed himself, slowly making his anger go away.

Toby: "yeah, thats exactly right." he watched Daniel as he spoke, he could tell he had a change in emotions when he talked about his father. It was almost like anger. "I just feel like I'm always waiting. Like one day she come back into my life. Like she'll wake me up one day and help me pack up for school like she used to, like she'll walk me home after school gets out like we used to everyday. Like she'll listen to all of my problems like she used to, even though my problems are much more complicated now than they used to be." He said all of this in a voice only slightly above a whisper.

Toby: "yeah, thats exactly right." he watched Daniel as he spoke, he could tell he had a change in emotions when he talked about his father. It was almost like anger. "I just feel like I'm always waiting. Like one day she come back into my life. Like she'll wake me up one day and help me pack up for school like she used to, like she'll walk me home after school gets out like we used to everyday. Like she'll listen to all of my problems like she used to, even though my problems are much more complicated now than they used to be." He said all of this in a voice only slightly above a whisper.

Daniel: "Doesn't that sound familiar," he said. Daniel had mixed feelings. He was glad someone else in his school knew what it was like, but he was unhappy that Toby knew what it was loike at the same time.

Professor Collins: The professor looked at her watch. It was time to get the day started, or they would be off schedule. "Come on boys and girls, let's head to the classroom. If you haven't eaten, grab a muffin or a piece of fruit on the way, but we have to get going or we'll be off schedule and your day will be longer. You can also bring your drinks with you, but if you spill, you'll have to clean it up yourself and you'll lose drinking in class priveleges for the semester." Feeling her students were warned and having already disposed of her dishes, she got up and headed to the classroom.

Max: Max disposed of her breakfast and grabbed her bag and cup. As she got ready to go to class, she wondered aloud, "How should I make trouble today?"

Fairywings said:
Daniel: "Doesn't that sound familiar," he said. Daniel had mixed feelings. He was glad someone else in his school knew what it was like, but he was unhappy that Toby knew what it was loike at the same time.

Professor Collins: The professor looked at her watch. It was time to get the day started, or they would be off schedule. "Come on boys and girls, let's head to the classroom. If you haven't eaten, grab a muffin or a piece of fruit on the way, but we have to get going or we'll be off schedule and your day will be longer. You can also bring your drinks with you, but if you spill, you'll have to clean it up yourself and you'll lose drinking in class priveleges for the semester." Feeling her students were warned and having already disposed of her dishes, she got up and headed to the classroom.

Max: Max disposed of her breakfast and grabbed her bag and cup. As she got ready to go to class, she wondered aloud, "How should I make trouble today?"

Toby: "yeah" Toby said. Toby stood from the table before turning to walk to the classroom he said "hey, thanks for listening to me. I don't like talking about myself, I never want to sound like I'm complaining." Daniel was the first person Toby had ever told about how he felt about his sister. Toby had friends at his other schools, but no one he actually trusted to not make fun of him for expressing his feelings.

River: River picked up her coffee and grabbed a muffin from the kitchen she didn't feel hungry, but she figured she might soon. She walked up to Max and whispered "just remember I'm here for you no matter what you do, just make the right decision for you." after saying this she walked away from Max, found Daniel, and stood next to him.

Amelia: Amelia got up and started following the other students to the classroom. She heard Max's comment about making trouble. Even with what she knew about Max, Amelia still didn't quite understand why Max wanted to make trouble so much. If she didn't make trouble, she wouldn't get punished. Amelia just didn't understand.

Toby: "yeah" Toby said. Toby stood from the table before turning to walk to the classroom he said "hey, thanks for listening to me. I don't like talking about myself, I never want to sound like I'm complaining." Daniel was the first person Toby had ever told about how he felt about his sister. Toby had friends at his other schools, but no one he actually trusted to not make fun of him for expressing his feelings.

River: River picked up her coffee and grabbed a muffin from the kitchen she didn't feel hungry, but she figured she might soon. She walked up to Max and whispered "just remember I'm here for you no matter what you do, just make the right decision for you." after saying this she walked away from Max, found Daniel, and stood next to him.

Amelia: Amelia got up and started following the other students to the classroom. She heard Max's comment about making trouble. Even with what she knew about Max, Amelia still didn't quite understand why Max wanted to make trouble so much. If she didn't make trouble, she wouldn't get punished. Amelia just didn't understand.

Daniel: Daniel smiled back at Toby. "It's all right, you can complain to me whenever you want, I don't care." Then he threw his backpack over his shoulder and picked up his coffee. Then he smiled at River. "Hey," he said.

Max: "Thanks, but trust me, no one can take better care of my own life than me," Max whispered back. Anyone who knew Max enough would think that it was ironic, that Max was saying one could trust her with her own life, when she lied to everyone about everything, and showed off whatever side of her she felt would fit. And even more, Max thought it was fun to keep people guessing. And the other irony, Max purposely hurt herself. But you could trust Max with her own life. She was clever, and maybe foolish, but not stupid. And despite the mistakes that led her to get caught last night. Max always stayed one step ahead of her lies. Suvival depended on it.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel smiled back at Toby. "It's all right, you can complain to me whenever you want, I don't care." Then he threw his backpack over his shoulder and picked up his coffee. Then he smiled at River. "Hey," he said.

Max: "Thanks, but trust me, no one can take better care of my own life than me," Max whispered back. Anyone who knew Max enough would think that it was ironic, that Max was saying one could trust her with her own life, when she lied to everyone about everything, and showed off whatever side of her she felt would fit. And even more, Max thought it was fun to keep people guessing. And the other irony, Max purposely hurt herself. But you could trust Max with her own life. She was clever, and maybe foolish, but not stupid. And despite the mistakes that led her to get caught last night. Max always stayed one step ahead of her lies. Suvival depended on it.

River: River smiled at Daniel "hey" she said. She started walking toward the classroom with Daniel.

Toby: "Thanks" Toby said to Daniel, he smiled at River when she came up to Daniel. But he didn't stay by them. he walked quickly to get a few feet ahead of them, and then continued walking by himself to the classroom. He didn't want to feel like he was invading on River and Daniel, and he also wasn't ready to approach Max again yet.

River: River smiled at Daniel "hey" she said. She started walking toward the classroom with Daniel.

Toby: "Thanks" Toby said to Daniel, he smiled at River when she came up to Daniel. But he didn't stay by them. he walked quickly to get a few feet ahead of them, and then continued walking by himself to the classroom. He didn't want to feel like he was invading on River and Daniel, and he also wasn't ready to approach Max again yet.

Daniel: Daniel grinned. He was happy River was back by his side. It felt right. "So, wonder what today will be like. It will depend for English, Math will be boring, I'll just be content if I don't almost die when it comes to PE, and I'll probably be cheerfully spending break and study hall with you. How do you think things will go?"

Max: As she walked, Max plotted in her head. It couldn't be anything she did yesterday. She didn't want to repeat the giggling, and she wasn't going to lose another sketchbook. Perhaps............maybe sarcasm and smart remarks? Yes, thsat would be sufficient, if it was done right. Especially if she talked without raising her hand.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel grinned. He was happy River was back by his side. It felt right. "So, wonder what today will be like. It will depend for English, Math will be boring, I'll just be content if I don't almost die when it comes to PE, and I'll probably be cheerfully spending break and study hall with you. How do you think things will go?"

Max: As she walked, Max plotted in her head. It couldn't be anything she did yesterday. She didn't want to repeat the giggling, and she wasn't going to lose another sketchbook. Perhaps............maybe sarcasm and smart remarks? Yes, thsat would be sufficient, if it was done right. Especially if she talked without raising her hand.

River: "well, math has always been my favorite. I love reading and writing but have always hated English classes. I'm really hoping this one will be different. And I feel pretty much the exact same way as you when it comes to PE, break, and study hall."

River: "well, math has always been my favorite. I love reading and writing but have always hated English classes. I'm really hoping this one will be different. And I feel pretty much the exact same way as you when it comes to PE, break, and study hall."

Max: Max entered the classroom, and claimed the same desk she sat in yesterday, the one in the corner in the back of the classroom.

Daniel: "Seems we don't really have much different opinions." He entered the classroom and looked around. Most of the desks were open. "Wanna sit near eachother today?"

Professor Collins: The professor looked up as students entered. "You'll need a journal for English today." Then she continued working at her desk, as she was still waiting for students.

Fairywings said:
Max: Max entered the classroom, and claimed the same desk she sat in yesterday, the one in the corner in the back of the classroom.

Daniel: "Seems we don't really have much different opinions." He entered the classroom and looked around. Most of the desks were open. "Wanna sit near eachother today?"

Professor Collins: The professor looked up as students entered. "You'll need a journal for English today." Then she continued working at her desk, as she was still waiting for students.

River: "yeah, that sounds great" she said smiling. She wasn't going to pass on any time to spend with Daniel even if they couldn't talk to each other.

Toby: Toby stood in the classroom, since he wasn't here yesterday he couldn't decide whether or not people already knew where they were going to sit. Upon deciding that there were not assigned seats he walked to a seat near the back of the room a few seats from Max and sat down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter