The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairywings said:
Max: "Nope. No one knew each other before we got here. They just fell for eachother hard and fast. Everyone else is just acquainted." Max shrugged. It was fast, Toby was right, but Max didn't really judge them. They had something that Max never could, but she wasn't going to be bitter. She didn't care about love now, but that didn't mean she might not care later on But it was irrelevant now. She waited for Toby to reply. She was not good at conversation.

Daniel: "You're welcome," Daniel murmured into her hair as he hugged her back. He stood there, holding her for a few moments, before he let go and held out his arm. "Let's go find the nearest Starbucks, shall we?"

Toby: "oh, okay," Toby said. "that's really cool, you know, that they found each other like that...." he said his voice trailing off. He would never admit it, but he actually felt a little jealous. They had what he wanted, but it just hadn't happened for him yet. He looked at Nate and responded, "well, they had to go to the mainland to get it."

River: "we shall" River said, she took Daniel's hand, and walked with him to the coffee shop.

Max: "Daniel mentioned something about the helicopter. It must have taken them to the mainland."

Toby: "oh, okay," Toby said. "that's really cool, you know, that they found each other like that...." he said his voice trailing off. He would never admit it, but he actually felt a little jealous. They had what he wanted, but it just hadn't happened for him yet. He looked at Nate and responded, "well, they had to go to the mainland to get it."

River: "we shall" River said, she took Daniel's hand, and walked with him to the coffee shop.

Nate: "Oh, guess that's what I get for sleeping in." Nate tried to laugh it off. "I'm glad we are aloud to leave. For some reason I thought we could only go for certain circumstances."

Margo: "I don't think Collins ever meant for us to be trapped here. Speaking of the professor, why don't we go join her for breakfast?"

Amelia: Amelia hung back, listning to the conversations of her classmates. Even if she wanted to be a part of the conversation, which she really didn't, she had no idea what she would say. So, she stood back silenty, like she seemed to have been doing ever since she got here.

Nate: "Oh, guess that's what I get for sleeping in." Nate tried to laugh it off. "I'm glad we are aloud to leave. For some reason I thought we could only go for certain circumstances."

Margo: "I don't think Collins ever meant for us to be trapped here. Speaking of the professor, why don't we go join her for breakfast?"

Daniel: Daniel smiled and walked with her. They got to the coffee shop and went inside. There was a line ahead of them so they joined the line. Daniel pulled out the list of what everyone wanted.

Max: "Yeah, it's cool," Max replied to Toby, with a hint of wistfulness. "River's my roommate, so I'm getting to know her, and Daniel's nice enough." Jealous wasn't quite the word to describe Max. It was more like she felt she missed an opportunity. Max knew she was never going to fall in love. She couldn't while she was still a teenager, she had to not get close to anyone. And imagine what her father would say! Max wasn't going to put anyone through what Max had to go through on a daily basis. She'd die before she let that happen.

And as an adult, well, by the time she grew up Max was pretty sure no one would love her. Especially if she was battle scarred from the front.

"Well, obviously you'll have to get permission before you go anywhere, like Daniel did, but this isn't supposed to be isolation. Not like some boarding schools I've been too," Max replied to Nate.

River: River walked into the coffee shop smiling. But her smile faded away once they had entered. She felt herself reverting back into the person she was before she came to the school. She was suddenly aware of everything around her, she was self conscious of her uniform, she wondered what people must have thought when she and daniel walked in. She looked around with wide eyes, and then down at the floor in hopes that maybe no one would notice her.

Toby: "alright, I don't know about you guys but I'm getting really hungry" he said.

River: River walked into the coffee shop smiling. But her smile faded away once they had entered. She felt herself reverting back into the person she was before she came to the school. She was suddenly aware of everything around her, she was self conscious of her uniform, she wondered what people must have thought when she and daniel walked in. She looked around with wide eyes, and then down at the floor in hopes that maybe no one would notice her.

Toby: "alright, I don't know about you guys but I'm getting really hungry" he said.

Daniel: Daniel squeezed her hand, hoping to comfort his girl. Everything was gonna be okay, and people were probably too occupied with themselves to notice the two teenagers.

Max: "Well, I am going downstairs for some breakfast. You all can stay and chat up here, or join me and eat breakfast." Max was not going to sit around and wait for them, this was already the longest Max had spokent to any of her classmates, minus River, and Max knew it was best if the kept it that way. Max walked away from the others and started going downstairs. If someone wanted to walk with her Max couldn't stop them, but they would have to catch up.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel squeezed her hand, hoping to comfort his girl. Everything was gonna be okay, and people were probably too occupied with themselves to notice the two teenagers.

Max: "Well, I am going downstairs for some breakfast. You all can stay and chat up here, or join me and eat breakfast." Max was not going to sit around and wait for them, this was already the longest Max had spokent to any of her classmates, minus River, and Max knew it was best if the kept it that way. Max walked away from the others and started going downstairs. If someone wanted to walk with her Max couldn't stop them, but they would have to catch up.

River: River looked up at Daniel when he squeezed her hand. She wished she were confident; like he was, but she wasn't, she never had been. She felt like she constantly had so much to hide, her powers, the fact that she didn't have parents, and now she was suddenly uncomfortable with knowing it was obvious she went to a boarding school, which made her feel different, as she had her whole life.

Toby: "okay, I'll come with you" Toby said as he followed Max.

River: River looked up at Daniel when he squeezed her hand. She wished she were confident; like he was, but she wasn't, she never had been. She felt like she constantly had so much to hide, her powers, the fact that she didn't have parents, and now she was suddenly uncomfortable with knowing it was obvious she went to a boarding school, which made her feel different, as she had her whole life.

Toby: "okay, I'll come with you" Toby said as he followed Max.

Daniel: He could see that she was uncomfortable. And it was no surprise to him, of the two of them, he was the relaxed, confident one. Finally there was only one person in front of them in line. "Do you know what you want?" he asked.

Max: Max simply nodded. If she had pockets, she'd shove her hands into them, but unfortunatelt she didn't so she left them hang at her side and waited for Toby to say something. Max was beginning to build her guard back up, and she definitely wasn't going to start a new conversation. Not without River around to help her.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: He could see that she was uncomfortable. And it was no surprise to him, of the two of them, he was the relaxed, confident one. Finally there was only one person in front of them in line. "Do you know what you want?" he asked.

Max: Max simply nodded. If she had pockets, she'd shove her hands into them, but unfortunatelt she didn't so she left them hang at her side and waited for Toby to say something. Max was beginning to build her guard back up, and she definitely wasn't going to start a new conversation. Not without River around to help her.

River: River looked up at the menu, she had made coffee before, but she couldn't remember the last time she ordered some. She glanced up at the menu and said, "I think I'll try a vanilla latte, if that's okay."she said still looking at the menu.

Toby: Toby walked along side Max, he said "so...if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your shoulder." he said. He had not seen Max enough yesterday to notice the bandages were not there until this morning, he was assuming it was an injury from before she even got to the school, he was just trying to make conversation.

River: River looked up at the menu, she had made coffee before, but she couldn't remember the last time she ordered some. She glanced up at the menu and said, "I think I'll try a vanilla latte, if that's okay."she said still looking at the menu.

Toby: Toby walked along side Max, he said "so...if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your shoulder." he said. He had not seen Max enough yesterday to notice the bandages were not there until this morning, he was assuming it was an injury from before she even got to the school, he was just trying to make conversation.

Daniel: Daniel nodded. When they were called up, Daniel smiled and gave everyone at school's orders first, then River's, and lastly his own. He paid them and when they asked him what nane to call, he said, "Daniel Schaffer." Then he took River's hand and led her to a table in the corner of the restaurant, where they could go unnoticed.

Max: Max was okay up until he asked her about her shoulder. In her head, she was cursing, but on the outside she remained cool and unemotional and said with a hint of vagueness, "Yesterday I didn't dodge quick enough during Power and Combat class." It made sense after all. She just hoped none of the others would say that they didn't see her get hit. To move on before he could question her more, she said, "We also had science and history yesterday."

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel nodded. When they were called up, Daniel smiled and gave everyone at school's orders first, then River's, and lastly his own. He paid them and when they asked him what nane to call, he said, "Daniel Schaffer." Then he took River's hand and led her to a table in the corner of the restaurant, where they could go unnoticed.

Max: Max wwas okay up until he askeed her about her shoulder. In her head, she was cursing, but on the outside she remained cool and unemotional and said with a hint of vagueness, "Yesterday I didn't dodge quick enough during Power and Combat class." It made sewnse after all. She just hoped none of the others would say that they didn't see her get hit. To move on before he could question her more, she said, "We also had science and history yesterday."

River: River smiled once they were sitting at the table. She looked at Daniel and said "thanks, sorry for being so...weird." she said regarding her uncomfortableness when it came to being around people she didn't know.

Toby: Toby simply said "oh, sorry". he needed to start learning what question to ask, and what to just leave unanswered. "Well I'm not to upset about missing history, or science for that matter." in truth Toby was actually really smart, but he didn't see school work as being the most important thing, and therefore was seen as just an average student.

River: River smiled once they were sitting at the table. She looked at Daniel and said "thanks, sorry for being so...weird." she said regarding her uncomfortableness when it came to being around people she didn't know.

Toby: Toby simply said "oh, sorry". he needed to start learning what question to ask, and what to just leave unanswered. "Well I'm not to upset about missing history, or science for that matter." in truth Toby was actually really smart, but he didn't see school work as being the most important thing, and therefore was seen as just an average student.

Daniel: "Nah, I understand. Some people, actually a lot of people, are shyer and not like me. I'm okay like that. Besides, if you were as brave as me, then what would you need me for?" Daniel believed what he said. He wanted to protect River, but if she was just like him, there would be no point.

Max: "It's fine," Max said vehemently, even though she was lying. "I don't suppose so, trust me, you wouldn't have liked it," she said, before going silent. If Toby had seen her yesterday, he would have seen a very different girl. Not one he would have wanted to walk with. Max supposed he would see that girl today, but it didn't really matter. Her being a freak would only be confirmed to him. Guys like Toby, who dressed nice and looked rich, didn't associate wqith mischevious nerdy freaks like Maxine. This coversation was probaly only happening to see whether she was socially acceptable or not. Well, if life was going to be life, Max would at least leave him with a thought, an idea that most people have never thought of, one that might make him stop and think, one that would show that Max was not like any other girl in the entire world. "I wonder why people do it," she began, hoping he would ask her what.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: "Nah, I understand. Some people, actually a lot of people, are shyer and not like me. I'm okay like that. Besides, if you were as brave as me, then what would you need me for?" Daniel believed what he said. He wanted to protect River, but if she was just like him, there would be no point.

Max: "It's fine," Max said vehemently, even though she was lying. "I don't suppose so, trust me, you wouldn't have liked it," she said, before going silent. If Toby had seen her yesterday, he would have seen a very different girl. Not one he would have wanted to walk with. Max supposed he would see that girl today, but it didn't really matter. Her being a freak would only be confirmed to him. Guys like Toby, who dressed nice and looked rich, didn't associate wqith mischevious nerdy freaks like Maxine. This coversation was probaly only happening to see whether she was socially acceptable or not. Well, if life was going to be life, Max would at least leave him with a thought, an idea that most people have never thought of, one that might make him stop and think, one that would show that Max was not like any other girl in the entire world. "I wonder why people do it," she began, hoping he would ask her what.

River: River smiled at Daniel sincerely, "thanks, you always know the right thing to say."

Toby: "do what" Toby asked, he wondered if he had missed something. Inside he felt awkward and uncomfortable after knowing he had asked the wrong question. But he did all he could to appear calm and "perfect" on the outside.

River: River smiled at Daniel sincerely, "thanks, you always know the right thing to say."

Toby: "do what" Toby asked, he wondered if he had missed something. Inside he felt awkward and uncomfortable after knowing he had asked the wrong question. But he did all he could to appear calm and "perfect" on the outside.

Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Thanks. You're welcome. Or is it the othere way around?"

Max: "Care so much. You know what I mean, right? Why do people try to impress everyone? Why do they try to be perfect? I mean, what's the point? How many classmates, coworkers, or people from anywhere else do people see later on? How many people really care about every other person? Why does it matter so much? Should people really care so much about what people think about them? I don't. I don't give a care about what other people I think of me. Because none of it matters in the end, does it? Because I know what I am, and no amount of pretending to be something else will change that. And anyway, people see what they see. Nothing anyone does ever changes that. So why do we try? Why do we care?" With that, Max walkeed off. She didn't run, but she left him behind to mull over what she said. Shew knew in that moment, his opinion of her would change. But Max didn't care. She was a freak.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Thanks. You're welcome. Or is it the othere way around?"

Max: "Care so much. You know what I mean, right? Why do people try to impress everyone? Why do they try to be perfect? I mean, what's the point? How many classmates, coworkers, or people from anywhere else do people see later on? How many people really care about every other person? Why does it matter so much? Should people really care so much about what people think about them? I don't. I don't give a care about what other people I think of me. Because none of it matters in the end, does it? Because I know what I am, and no amount of pretending to be something else will change that. And anyway, people see what they see. Nothing anyone does ever changes that. So why do we try? Why do we care?" With that, Max walkeed off. She didn't run, but she left him behind to mull over what she said. Shew knew in that moment, his opinion of her would change. But Max didn't care. She was a freak.

River: River smiled, "It doesn't matter, I know what you mean."

Toby: Toby froze, for a second he stood still, frozen thinking about what Max had just said to him. He knew she had to of been talking about him more than just "people" in general. Then he hurried to catch up with her "Max wait" he said.

Max: Max was okay up until he asked her about her shoulder. In her head, she was cursing, but on the outside she remained cool and unemotional and said with a hint of vagueness, "Yesterday I didn't dodge quick enough during Power and Combat class." It made sense after all. She just hoped none of the others would say that they didn't see her get hit. To move on before he could question her more, she said, "We also had science and history yesterday."

Margo: Margo and Nate lagged behind Toby and Max. Margo couldn't help overhear Toby ask about Max's bandage. She didn't mean to be eavesdropping, it was just that she couldn't help overhear. Margo's looked at Max's arm without thinking, seeing the bandage. She nearly gasped, but held it in. That hadn't been there before. Margo was even more surprised by Max's response. The only person needing medical attention yesterday in Power and Combat was Daniel. Margo knew if Max was hurt during the class, Professor Collins would have noticed. So why was Max lying? And how did she get hurt? Mind your own business. Margo tried to tell herself, but her mind kept going back to it.

River: River smiled, "I doesn't matter, I know what you mean."

Toby: Toby froze, for a second he stood still, frozen thinking about what Max had just said to him. He knew she had to of been talking about him more than just "people" in general. Then he hurried to catch up with her "Max wait" he said.

Daniel: Daniel grinned. Suddenly, he heard his name called. "That'll be the drinks," he said. "Come on," he continued, getting up.

Max: Max turned and went into the kitchen. She grabbed herself a plate, a bagel, and a knife. She began cutting her bagel, planning on having the same meal as yesterday. Her hands moved easily and naturally with the handle of the knife, as if cutting herself the night before had made her stronger or more used to blades in general.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel grinned. Suddenly, he heard his name called. "That'll be the drinks," he said. "Come on," he continued, getting up.

Max: Max turned and went into the kitchen. She grabbed herself a plate, a bagel, and a knife. She began cutting her bagel, planning on having the same meal as yesterday. Her hands moved easily and naturally with the handle of the knife, as if cutting herself the night before had made her stronger or more used to blades in general.

River: River stood up from the table and followed Daniel to get the drinks.

Toby: Toby knew Max didn't want to listen to him, and he also didn't understand why he wanted her to so badly. He entered the kitchen, and standing at the doorway he said to Max even though she wasn't standing close to him "I don't know. I wish I had an answer for why I care so much. I wish I could say there was a reason for it, but I suppose there isn't. I just do. I always have, but I wish I didn't. Sometimes I wish I could be like people like you and not care" with that he grabbed an apple from off the counter, quickly made his way into the dining room, and sat down at an empty table.

River: River stood up from the table and followed Daniel to get the drinks.

Toby: Toby knew Max didn't want to listen to him, and he also didn't understand why he wanted her to so badly. He entered the kitchen, and standing at the doorway he said to Max even though she wasn't standing close to him "I don't know. I wish I had an answer for why I care so much. I wish I could say there was a reason for it, but I suppose there isn't. I just do. I always have, but I wish I didn't. Sometimes I wish I could be like people like you and not care" with that he grabbed an apple from off the counter, quickly made his way into the dining room, and sat down at an empty table.

Daniel: Daniel picked up some drinks, making sure everything was right before smiling at River. "Let's get back."

Max: Max listened to Toby as he replied to her, even though she had her back to him. As he left, she took a deep breath, like she was trying to get air. She had gone far too deep. She broken her rules, she'd opened herself up. It was time to reel herself in, lock herself up, and set fire to the key. She put her bagel in the toaster and waited.

Professor: The professor saw Toby come in. She smiled and walked to him. "Hi, you must be Toby Kay. I'm Professor Collins. Welcome to the school. We can talk in the minute if you want, but first I must check on something with Maxine." She walked to the door and poked her head in. "Max, I want to ask you something,"

Max: Max jumped at the professor's voice. "Yes ma'am?"

Professor: "I was just wondering if we were going to repeat yesterday's actions today. I don't want to see you mess up again, Max. You're a smart girl, as bright as the older students."

Max: Max held back an eyeroll. All of the students were older than Max. "It's not my decision, Professor Collins. And really, you've seen my record. What else do you expect from me?"

Professor: The professor sighed. "It's always your decision Max." Then she left the kitchen, shaking her head.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel picked up some drinks, making sure everything was right before smiling at River. "Let's get back."

Max: Max listened to Toby as he replied to her, even though she had her back to him. As he left, she took a deep breath, like she was trying to get air. She had gone far too deep. She broken her rules, she'd opened herself up. It was time to reel herself in, lock herself up, and set fire to the key. She put her bagel in the toaster and waited.

Professor: The professor saw Toby come in. She smiled and walked to him. "Hi, you must be Toby Kay. I'm Professor Collins. Welcome to the school. We can talk in the minute if you want, but first I must check on something with Maxine." She walked to the door and poked her head in. "Max, I want to ask you something,"

Max: Max jumped at the professor's voice. "Yes ma'am?"

Professor: "I was just wondering if we were going to repeat yesterday's actions today. I don't want to see you mess up again, Max. You're a smart girl, as bright as the older students."

Max: Max held back an eyeroll. All of the students were older than Max. "It's not my decision, Professor Collins. And really, you've seen my record. What else do you expect from me?"

Professor: The professor sighed. "It's always your decision Max." Then she left the kitchen, shaking her head.

River: "alright" she said smiling

Toby: "yeah that's me" he said smiling "alright" he said in response to talking to her after she talked to Max. after she went in to speak with Max he put both hands up to his face and sighed into them. He was trying not to let what Max said get to him, but it did upset him in an odd way that he thought they were becoming friends, and yet she was still focused on the way he looked. He put his hands down and took a deep breath trying to calm himself. He regained his composure and waited for the professor to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter