• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: I going to add Toby in now, he will just get settled and then join the group.

Toby: Toby walked into the building, it was huge. He subconsciously ran his hand through his hair and smoothed it out hoping it was just perfect. He knew he had too pick up his uniform first, just the thought of the word left a bad taste in his mouth. After getting the package with his name on it he scowled down at it, he was just having trouble getting past having to look the same as everyone else. Next he found the room with his name on the door. He walked in and set his suitcase and uniform on the bed. He turned to leave and find the other students when he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He turned and looked at himself, he then hurried over to his large suitcase and pulled out a comb, he fixed his hair again, and then dug through layers of clothing in his suitcase until he found everything he was looking for, he took off his tennis shoes and change into flip flops, he also added a black watch to his right wrist and took another look in the mirror. Now satisfied with his appearance he walked down the stairs when he heard voices. He entered the room where the rest of the students were.

Margo: Margo glanced up to see someone new. Someone she hadn't ever seen before. He startled her. Who is he and what is he doing here? She thought. Margo breathed, realizing this was a school, and it was only the first day. Late kids would probably be trickling in. Margo reverted back to her shy self, though, and didn't say anything to him. [/COLOR]

Nate: Nate was sitting with his back towards the door, and didn't notice the new kid. He was chattering away about different board games, until he saw Margo's startled face. "What?" He questioned.

Margo: "There's someone at the door, someone new." Margo told Nate, glancing nervously towards the door.

Nate: Nate turned around. "Hey, you. What's your name?"

Amelia: Amelia was just about to answer Margo's question by saying she was just going to go to her room, when someone new walked into the room. Amelia jumped, as she was easily startled. She realized he was probably just a late student, and waited to see what he would say.

Nate: Nate thought over the choices. He was glad he was going to be able to compete at something. Beating robots just didn't cut it. "Well, Monopoly takes a really long time. For someone who's never played before, it will get boring. And besides, we have a curfew. Life takes no real skill, but can be fun. Scrabble is kind of boring too, unless your playing with people who are good at it." Remembering from earlier, Nate said, "I think the cabinet has Clue. That's a good one."

Margo: "I'm fine with Clue or Life. Or anything really." Margo hated trying to decide what to do with a group. No one ever would just make a decision, especially herself. Seeing that Max and Amelia were also in the room, Margo smiled in their direction. "Do either of you want to play with us?"

OOC: I going to add Toby in now, he will just get settled and then join the group.

Toby: Toby walked into the building, it was huge. He subconsciously ran his hand through his hair and smoothed it out hoping it was just perfect. He knew he had too pick up his uniform first, just the thought of the word left a bad taste in his mouth. After getting the package with his name on it he scowled down at it, he was just having trouble getting past having to look the same as everyone else. Next he found the room with his name on the door. He walked in and set his suitcase and uniform on the bed. He turned to leave and find the other students when he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He turned and looked at himself, he then hurried over to his large suitcase and pulled out a comb, he fixed his hair again, and then dug through layers of clothing in his suitcase until he found everything he was looking for, he took off his tennis shoes and change into flip flops, he also added a black watch to his right wrist and took another look in the mirror. Now satisfied with his appearance he walked down the stairs when he heard voices. He entered the room where the rest of the students were.

Margo: Margo glanced up to see someone new. Someone she hadn't ever seen before. He startled her. Who is he and what is he doing here? She thought. Margo breathed, realizing this was a school, and it was only the first day. Late kids would probably be trickling in. Margo reverted back to her shy self, though, and didn't say anything to him. [/COLOR]

Nate: Nate was sitting with his back towards the door, and didn't notice the new kid. He was chattering away about different board games, until he saw Margo's startled face. "What?" He questioned.

Margo: "There's someone at the door, someone new." Margo told Nate, glancing nervously towards the door.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins had forgotten that there was another student coming, but when she felt his precense, she rushed to out on shoes. Uh, everyone, we have another student. His name's Toby. Oh, I'm Professor Collins. I'm a telepath, so you're just hearing my thoughts right now. I'm upstairs, I thought you would arrive later. It then sounded like she'd scoffed. Airports.

Daniel: "Clue's great, let's play that, if we can find it!" He turned to River. "This games fun, and easy to learn I tink." He then turned to Toby, and flashed his trademark good smile. "I'm Daniel, welcome to the Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters." He then held out the hand that River wasn't holding.

Max: Max raised an eyebrow at the appearance of the late guy. Raising her eyebrow was a very common, very natural feeling expression. She used it to react silently to just about anything. The boy wore fashionable clothes and looked like he'd tried to do his hair just right before arrival. He looked like he came from money and expected it. Max instantly compared him to Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter, her favorite series of books and movies. She decided she didn't like him. After all, he probably came from a comfortable life and had no idea about the struggles of others, the utter pain that people had to go through that was worse than any wound. Through everything, bresides the lifting of the eyebrow Max had not moved one muscle, and if one were to look at her they would find her unnervingly expressionless, as though she were void of all emotion and was more of a statue than a human.

soccer_mickey said:
Margo: Margo glanced up to see someone new. Someone she hadn't ever seen before. He startled her. Who is he and what is he doing here? She thought. Margo breathed, realizing this was a school, and it was only the first day. Late kids would probably be trickling in. Margo reverted back to her shy self, though, and didn't say anything to him.

River: River joined the other students in awaiting the boys answer.

Toby. Toby put his hand to his chest and pointed to himself as if making sure the boy was talking to him, he knew he was, but the abruptness of his answer had caught him off guard. "It's Toby" he said closing the door behind him and walking toward the boy. He knew coming in late would make him be noticed, but he didn't like how everyone was staring at him as though they were afraid of him. "What's your name?" Toby asked the boy in return.

Fairywings said:
Professor Collins: Professor Collins had forgotten that there was another student coming, but when she felt his precense, she rushed to out on shoes. Uh, everyone, we have another student. His name's Toby. Oh, I'm Professor Collins. I'm a telepath, so you're just hearing my thoughts right now. I'm upstairs, I thought you would arrive later. It then sounded like she'd scoffed. Airports.

Daniel: "Clue's great, let's play that, if we can find it!" He turned to River. "This games fun, and easy to learn I tink." He then turned to Toby, and flashed his trademark good smile. "I'm Daniel, welcome to the Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters." He then held out the hand that River wasn't holding.

Max: Max raised an eyebrow at the appearance of the late guy. Raising her eyebrow was a very common, very natural feeling expression. She used it to react silently to just about anything. The boy wore fashionable clothes and looked like he'd tried to do his hair just right before arrival. He looked like he came from money and expected it. Max instantly compared him to Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter, her favorite series of books and movies. She decided she didn't like him. After all, he probably came from a comfortable life and had no idea about the struggles of others, the utter pain that people had to go through that was worse than any wound. Through everything, bresides the lifting of the eyebrow Max had not moved one muscle, and if one were to look at her they would find her unnervingly expressionless, as though she were void of all emotion and was more of a statue than a human.

Toby: Toby jumped at the sound of the professors voice inside his head. He shook Daniel's hand and said "thanks, it nice to meet you. does she do that often?" he said gesturing to his head as he asked about the professor. Toby's eyes moved to Daniels other hand where he noticed that he was holding hands with the girl next to him. He assumed she was his girlfriend, but then again school just started, he wondered if they had known each other before they got here.

River: River smiled at the boy, once again she was glad for Daniels confidence around people."Hi, I'm River It's nice to meet you."

Toby: "You too" Toby said smiling at River.

Toby: Toby jumped at the sound of the professors voice inside his head. He shook Daniel's hand and said "thanks, it nice to meet you. does she do that often?" he said gesturing to his head as he asked about the professor. Toby's eyes moved to Daniels other hand where he noticed that he was holding hands with the girl next to him. He assumed she was his girlfriend, but then again school just started, he wondered if they had known each other before they got here.

River: River smiled at the boy, once again she was glad for Daniels confidence around people."Hi, I'm River It's nice to meet you."

Toby: "You too" Toby said smiling at River.

Daniel: "Nice to meet you too. Yeah. It's kind of her super power. We've begun to get used to it. Though it did spook me yeterday when she first used it." Daniel didn't really mind telling Toby that. It was better than telling him about getting stuck in the wall during gym. He hoped that Nate wouldn't tell Toby about his uncident either. Daniel didn't want to scare the newcomers.

River: River joined the other students in awaiting the boys answer.

Toby. Toby put his hand to his chest and pointed to himself as if making sure the boy was talking to him, he knew he was, but the abruptness of his answer had caught him off guard. "It's Toby" he said closing the door behind him and walking toward the boy. He knew coming in late would make him be noticed, but he didn't like how everyone was staring at him as though they were afraid of him. "What's your name?" Toby asked the boy in return.

Nate: Nate realized he may have been a bit harsh with his first words, so smiled to make up for it. "I'm Nate. And yeah, Collins talks in your mind a few times a day. It's kind of weird at first, but you get used to it."

Margo: Margo wasn't sure what to say. With his gelled hair and stylish clothes, Toby looked like someone that usually ignored her. Margo gulped down these feelings, remembering her determination to be more outgoing. "I'm Margo." She glanced nervously at her feet, trying to think of something to say to start a conversation, but couldn't.

Amelia: Amelia realized she had become very tense since the late-comer had entered. She tried to relax herself and remind herself that he was just another student. Toby, his name was. Amelia glanced at him, trying to figure out a little bit about him. He looked very put together and stylish. Like he was on his way to some magazine photo shoot. His hair was perfect, and his clothes were perfect. He held himself well, and he had an arrogant air about him. He looked like he had money; like he was upperclass. Amelia didn't have a lot of experience with people like that. You didn't see a lot of wealthy people in the places Amelia had lived. This new kid made Amelia more nervous than the other students did.

soccer_mickey said:
Nate: Nate realized he may have been a bit harsh with his first words, so smiled to make up for it. "I'm Nate. And yeah, Collins talks in your mind a few times a day. It's kind of weird at first, but you get used to it."

Margo: Margo wasn't sure what to say. With his gelled hair and stylish clothes, Toby looked like someone that usually ignored her. Margo gulped down these feelings, remembering her determination to be more outgoing. "I'm Margo." She glanced nervously at her feet, trying to think of something to say to start a conversation, but couldn't.

Toby: Toby smiled, he was hoping the others were right, but he had trouble picturing himself getting used to some talking in his mind. "Hi, okay so it's Nate, Margo, River, and Daniel. Is that right?" Toby said slowly pointing at each person when he said their name. Toby noticed others around the room, but he figured now wasn't the time for him to approach them. He would just wait until a good time, he wanted to get to know everyone.

Toby: Toby smiled, he was hoping the others were right, but he had trouble picturing himself getting used to some talking in his mind. "Hi, okay so it's Nate, Margo, River, and Daniel. Is that right?" Toby said slowly pointing at each person when he said their name. Toby noticed others around the room, but he figured now wasn't the time for him to approach them. He would just wait until a good time, he wanted to get to know everyone.

Daniel: Daniel nodded. "Yeah, that's right. So what grade are you in?"

Max: Max watched the new kid, Toby. He hadn't done anything yet. But Max didn't feel like sticking around. She stopped leaning on the wal, walkedover, and poked her head into the doorway into the kitchen. In a brisk voice, she said, "I'm going to my room, so I bid you all good night. I suppose I'll see you all in class tomorrow." Then she nodded once, pulled her head out of the doorway abruptly and strode to the elevator. She knew there would be whispers, but thew only thing she cared about was that they didn't try to stop her.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel nodded. "Yeah, that's right. So what grade are you in?"

Max: Max watched the new kid, Toby. He hadn't done anything yet. But Max didn't feel like sticking around. She stopped leaning on the wal, walkedover, and poked her head into the doorway into the kitchen. In a brisk voice, she said, "I'm going to my room, so I bid you all good night. I suppose I'll see you all in class tomorrow." Then she nodded once, pulled her head out of the doorway abruptly and strode to the elevator. She knew there would be whispers, but thew only thing she cared about was that they didn't try to stop her.

Toby: "I'm a junior" Toby answered. when the girl poked her head into the room he didn't say anything, he just watched her as she came and went. After she was gone his eyes widened and he looked to the others as if waiting for an explanation.

River: "That's Max" River said smiling.

Toby: "I'm a junior" Toby answered. when the girl poked her head into the room he didn't say anything, he just watched her as she came and went. After she was gone his eyes widened and he looked to the others as if waiting for an explanation.

River: "That's Max" River said smiling.

Daniel: Daniel smiled. "I'm a junior too, thats cool. Although I don't really know how much it matters, I think there's only around twenty students so we all have class together." His smile faded as Max poked her head in and out. Then he smiled again, though it wasn't a happy smile, it was more of a 'i don't even know' look. "Yeah, that's Maxine.......though I'd just call her Max to her face, she's not someone anyone wants to mess with." He then nodded towards the others. "We were gonna go upstairs and play a board game, care to join us?"

Max: As Max rode up in the elevator, she stood silently. It was for the best really. She couldn't get close to people, and something had unnerved her about Toby. Maybe it was just his newness, she hadn't gotten used to him yet like she had the others. The only reason he mattered was that he was one more person that could catch her tonight. One more person to avoid.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel smiled. "I'm a junior too, thats cool. Although I don't really know how much it matters, I think there's only around twenty students so we all have class together." His smile faded as Max poked her head in and out. Then he smiled again, though it wasn't a happy smile, it was more of a 'i don't even know' look. "Yeah, that's Maxine.......though I'd just call her Max to her face, she's not someone anyone wants to mess with." He then nodded towards the others. "We were gonna go upstairs and play a board game, care to join us?"

Max: As Max rode up in the elevator, she stood silently. It was for the best really. She couldn't get close to people, and something had unnerved her about Toby. Maybe it was just his newness, she hadn't gotten used to him yet like she had the others. The only reason he mattered was that he was one more person that could catch her tonight. One more person to avoid.

Toby: "okay, yeah, if you don't mind that would be great." he said, he was glad to have already been invited to join the others. Something bothered him about Max though, well actually it bothered him because she seemed to have something against him. She didn't even know him yet. Toby reached down to his wrist and adjusted his watch.

River: River couldn't decide exactly what she thought of Toby, but he seemed nice, and right now that was enough for her.

Toby: "okay, yeah, if you don't mind that would be great." he said, he was glad to have already been invited to join the others. Something bothered him about Max though, well actually it bothered him because she seemed to have something against him. She didn't even know him yet. Toby reached down to his wrist and adjusted his watch.

River: River couldn't decide exactly what she thought of Toby, but he seemed nice, and right now that was enough for her.

Daniel: "Cool," he said. Glancing around the room, he squeezed River's hand and said to the others, "Well, let's go then." He then bent his head and whispered, "If you'll consent to being my assistant for this show, we could pull off a magic trick for our new classmate," he said, referring to teleporting them there rather than actually having to go up the elevator or a flight of stairs.

Max: Max reached the third floor and collapsed on one of the couches. Finally, alone. Peopke made her nervous, and that new kid made her positively twitchy. She didn't give a care about his looks truly, but if he was that careful about his looks, then he could be just as perceptive in other areas, and that would very much endanger Max. Max's lifestyle changed so much already, she would give just about anyything for her world not to be turned upside down again.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: "Cool," he said. Glancing around the room, he squeezed River's hand and said to the others, "Well, let's go then." He then bent his head and whispered, "If you'll consent to being my assistant for this show, we could pull off a magic trick for our new classmate," he said, referring to teleporting them there rather than actually having to go up the elevator or a flight of stairs.

Max: Max reached the third floor and collapsed on one of the couches. Finally, alone. Peopke made her nervous, and that new kid made her positively twitchy. She didn't give a care about his looks truly, but if he was that careful about his looks, then he could be just as perceptive in other areas, and that would very much endanger Max. Max's lifestyle changed so much already, she would give just about anyything for her world not to be turned upside down again.

River: River smiled, "of course" She whispered back.

River: River smiled, "of course" She whispered back.

Daniel: Daniel grinned. But it was a mischevious grin, and his audience could see that when he winked at them. His eyes themselves seemed much greener than normal, as though they were changing to match the color in his smoke clouds. "Let's go, mi amor." Then he put his arms around River, and just when the audience thought they might be kissing, there was a boom and a cloud of green and black smoke. When it had dissipated, no one was there.

Daniel and River appeared in the room upstairs where the games were. He kissed her for a moment longer, and then he grinned half embarressingly and half mischeviously. "Nate's probably never going to let me forget that. Oh well, it was fun." He let go of River and moved over to the cabinets, where he dug through until he pulled out Clue. "Success!" He then opened the box and started setting up the board whilre he waited for the others.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel grinned. But it was a mischevious grin, and his audience could see that when he winked at them. His eyes themselves seemed much greener than normal, as though they were changing to match the color in his smoke clouds. "Let's go, mi amor." Then he put his arms around River, and just when the audience thought they might be kissing, there was a boom and a cloud of green and black smoke. When it had dissipated, no one was there.

Daniel and River appeared in the room upstairs where the games were. He kissed her for a moment longer, and then he grinned half embarressingly and half mischeviously. "Nate's probably never going to let me forget that. Oh well, it was fun." He let go of River and moved over to the cabinets, where he dug through until he pulled out Clue. "Success!" He then opened the box and started setting up the board whilre he waited for the others.

River: "oh Daniel that was perfect" she said laughing. "I wish I could see Toby's face right now!" she was so glad to have been kissed by Daniel again, she didn't care if anyone saw anymore, she liked Daniel a lot, and it didn't bother her if people knew that. She shrugged her shoulders "well I guess everyone knows now" she said giggling.

Toby: Toby's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "oh wow, ok so is this whats it going to be like around people with powers?" Toby had never known anyone else with powers, but he wasn't a fan of surprises like this. "wow." he said again. Everything happened so quickly, he couldn't even comprehend what he had just seen.

River: "oh Daniel that was perfect" she said laughing. "I wish I could see Toby's face right now!" she was so glad to have been kissed by Daniel again, she didn't care if anyone saw anymore, she liked Daniel a lot, and it didn't bother her if people knew that. She shrugged her shoulders "well I guess everyone knows now" she said giggling.

Toby: Toby's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "oh wow, ok so is this whats it going to be like around people with powers?" Toby had never known anyone else with powers, but he wasn't a fan of surprises like this. "wow." he said again. Everything happened so quickly, he couldn't even comprehend what he had just seen.

Daniel: Daniel finished setting up the board and smiled shyly as River praised his teleporting. He got this warm feeling inside him anytime he made River happy. "Thanks. I didn't want to look like I was showing off, I just thought it would be fun. And someone had to point out that this isn't going to be like any other school." He was trying to be modest, but he was valso proud of himself for being able to teleport perfectly this time. He wondered if River knew that mi amor mean 'my love' in French, but if not, oh well, it would be his little secret. He liked River, she was his girlfriend and right now he didn't care who knew. Though he did hope his older brothers wouldn't hear for a while, they were big teases. And though he didn't really have competition here, he was secretly glad he teleported for that reason. "I guess they do now. But who cares really? We're not going to get in trouble for it, because I don't know about you, but it's been in my head all afternoon, so Professor Collins has to know by now, and she'd already have punished us if we were getting punished."

OOC: Let's try to get the game done quickly, so we can jump to after bedtime, so Max can have her drama moment, and we can move onto a new day.

Oh, and schedules: I've decided to alternate days of classes. 'A' day is today's setup, and 'B' day is the second day of school's set up:

A Day:
Breakfast
History
Science
Break
Lunch
Power and Combat
Study Hall

B Day:
Breakfast
English
Math
PE
Lunch
Break
Study Hall

Basically, there's an athletics class, a break, and two academic classes everyday. I think it's pretty balanced.

Fairywings said:
Daniel: Daniel finished setting up the board and smiled shyly as River praised his teleporting. He got this warm feeling inside him anytime he made River happy. "Thanks. I didn't want to look like I was showing off, I just thought it would be fun. And someone had to point out that this isn't going to be like any other school." He was trying to be modest, but he was valso proud of himself for being able to teleport perfectly this time. He wondered if River knew that mi amor mean 'my love' in French, but if not, oh well, it would be his little secret. He liked River, she was his girlfriend and right now he didn't care who knew. Though he did hope his older brothers wouldn't hear for a while, they were big teases. And though he didn't really have competition here, he was secretly glad he teleported for that reason. "I guess they do now. But who cares really? We're not going to get in trouble for it, because I don't know about you, but it's been in my head all afternoon, so Professor Collins has to know by now, and she'd already have punished us if we were getting punished."

OOC: Let's try to get the game done quickly, so we can jump to after bedtime, so Max can have her drama moment, and we can move onto a new day.

Oh, and schedules: I've decided to alternate days of classes. 'A' day is today's setup, and 'B' day is the second day of school's set up:

A Day:
Breakfast
History
Science
Break
Lunch
Power and Combat
Study Hall

B Day:
Breakfast
English
Math
PE
Lunch
Break
Study Hall

Basically, there's an athletics class, a break, and two academic classes everyday. I think it's pretty balanced.

River: River blushed when Daniel talked about thinking of her all day, she didn't know why she felt so embarrassed, but she just couldn't imagine someone thinking about her all the time. Of course she realized that she had constantly been thinking of Daniel but he deserved it, he was great. Could he possibly think the same of her. She thought back to the moments before they teleported, "mi amor" kept playing in her mind, she had heard it before but couldn't remember what it meant. Then her eyes widened and she gasped when it came to her "my love". With her eyes still wide she looked to Daniel and then her face relaxed and she smiled, "Daniel?" she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter