• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I think the TKTS booth in Times Square often has discount tickets for the Radio City Christmas Show. I've seen them listed there in past years. We got great seats at TKTS for the Springtime Show this past April.

Great for the last minute or undecided visitors.

I know this isn't Broadway, but if anyone is interested, NYC Groupon has listed discounts for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, for the third time now. I've been to busy to post and by the time I get to it, the Groupon deal is full or expired.

This one just came out today. Over 50% off for tickets. This Groupon ends tomorrow, but you can get tickets for December 13—22.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-rockettes-55?p=1

NYC Groupon has also been listing some concerts & ballgames. So it might be a good idea to sign up for their daily emails for a few months ahead of when you are coming to NYC.

If you use Groupon try to keep it to bigger chains and events. I stopped using them years ago when a coffee shop near me offered a groupon and so many college students bought it they ended up loosing money on it! Also none of these students became regulars which was the owners hop. There are many horror stories of mom and pop places trying to offer a groupon to bring people in and they end up eating massive amounts of money because of what they have to pay groupon and then the cost of the products they are using. For ballgames and bigger theater performances they can eat those profits but the little mom and pop pizza place could end up bankrupt off of 1 Groupon deal.

My DD and I saw Allegiance in October and I have to say we both enjoyed it very much. There were parts where we laughed and parts where we cried. I hope that it lasts a while so that people can learn about a very bad time in history. It is troubling that it looks like history might repeat itself!

George Takei plays the grandfather as well as the older Sammy and does a great job, he made me laugh and cry! Telly Leung and Lea Salonga both have fantastic voices and did great jobs with their roles.

Please give this show a chance by seeing it -- everyone should know about what a disgrace America showed to Japanese Americans during WWII.

Saw Dames at Sea tonight... unfortunately another empty house - it was so empty that they were sending the people who had tickets in the Mezz downstairs to the Orchestra - and the orchestra wasn't anywhere near full. :-(

The show was great fun with some FANTASTIC dancing and a really super cast. It's a total spoof on the Busby-Berkely movie musicals of the 1930's - it definitely helps if you know this and are familiar with some of them. A nice evening of fun, entertaining "fluff" but I can't say that I'd tell anyone to run out and buy a ticket before it closes in January. :-(

Has anyone seen Something Rotten. The school theater group I work with is running a trip in Jan and we are thinking about going. The price is right and it includes the bus ride. We saw a number on the Tony awards and loved that.

Has anyone seen Something Rotten. The school theater group I work with is running a trip in Jan and we are thinking about going. The price is right and it includes the bus ride. We saw a number on the Tony awards and loved that.

The show is fantastic! It's especially great is that it's an ORIGINAL story! Not an adaptation of a book , or a movie! Just a hilarious story and satire.

Adored this show!! Looking to see it again when we are in the city to see Josh Young in February. Christian Borle and Brian d'Arcy James are fabulous in their roles. It helps if you have some basic knowledge of Shakespeare to appreciate the jokes, but even without it, the show is hysterical!

Coming here to report that I won Hamilton Lottery yesterday!! I sat front row center and the show was everything I thought it would be. It is so well done, I love the choreography, the acting was superb (even though I missed out on Leslie Odom, Jr., his understudy was on), and I couldn't have been more overjoyed. The hype that it's getting is insane; but after seeing it I really think it deserves a lot of it. I've seen many, many Broadway shows and I would have to put it in my top 5.

We saw this in October and loved it. I would see it again in a heartbeat. The cast had great energy and the music was great.

We saw Book of Mormon on tour this weekend. I could see how people would be offended but we thought it was funny. I would like to see it in NYC someday. DH bought tickets to Kinky Boots on tour for me for our anniversary so we'll see that next month.

Anyone here going to BroadwayCon? I am not but it seems to be the hot topic in the community right now.

Regarding BroadwayCon - I had thought about it, and looking at some of the panels, some sound really interesting (like producing a Cast Recording) - but at the end of the day I'd really mostly be interested in the marketplace and signings and they haven't announced any names that I'd be willing to spend that kind of money for. :-/
If word-of-mouth is really strong, maybe I'll go next year if it happens again.

I saw The King and I for the 3rd time this past saturday - show is still amazing and Hoon Lee as the King is really fantastic. Ken is still my favorite though, Hoon is #2 and Jose would have to be #3.

Next week is my second visit to Spring Awakening - I loved it so much that I'm taking my best friend for her Christmas gift.

Is anyone giving or received any theatre-related gifts this year? Share!

Regarding BroadwayCon - I had thought about it, and looking at some of the panels, some sound really interesting (like producing a Cast Recording) - but at the end of the day I'd really mostly be interested in the marketplace and signings and they haven't announced any names that I'd be willing to spend that kind of money for. :-/

I saw The King and I for the 3rd time this past saturday - show is still amazing and Hoon Lee as the King is really fantastic. Ken is still my favorite though, Hoon is #2 and Jose would have to be #3.

Next week is my second visit to Spring Awakening - I loved it so much that I'm taking my best friend for her Christmas gift.

We gave my fiance's assistant tickets to the Color Purple.

I received tickets to Shuffle Along ( I can't wait!) and I'm taking my best friend to Spring Awakening (so that means I get to go again!).

I also received the complete Robert Lepage/Met Opera Ring Cycle on Blu-Ray and I'm getting new head shots!

I got a ticket (plus flights and hotel) to Witches - a concert at the Sydney Opera House with Amanda Harrison (original Australian Elphaba), Jemma Rix (original Australian standby Elphaba and Elphaba for most of the Australian and Asian runs), Lucy Durack (original Australian Glinda) and Helen Dallimore (original West End Glinda - but an Aussie too!).

Anyone here going to BroadwayCon? I am not but it seems to be the hot topic in the community right now.

1. Spring Awakening is fantastic. I'm gonna be so heartbroken on January 24th.

2. My big Christmas present this year was a gift card that Santa told me to use on a Broadway show (He got tired of buying tickets himself). Instead, I used it for a 1-day pass to BroadwayCon. I'm going Friday! I'm really interested in the marketplace, meet-ups, and signings going on that day. I can't wait!

No BroadwayCon for me, but I will be in the city that Saturday. My friend is taking her AP and honors English classes to see Something Rotten (she and I saw it back in October and she said, "I just have to bring my students to this!) and I sub at the school she teaches at (I am in the middle of a career change and am in the process of getting my teaching license, also in high school English) and I am chaperoning the field trip. We are taking the group to the 9/11 museum in the morning, shopping in the afternoon and seeing the show at night. It should be a pretty fun trip, and I am just hoping we get some good weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter