The BIG Picture Report 3/1-3/17 '07

I've never been there! I can't wait to read about it. I hope you got to swim with the dolphins!

P.S. Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Did you get a birthday pin?

120047florida_besk_ret_025.jpg

Here is a pic of me from the first part of the TR... yes I got the pin :thumbsup2 It was so cool cause everyone was saying Happy B-day and singing for me and stuff like that... I loved it :woohoo:
But I only had it on on the day were it was my B-day. I think it's stupid when people wear it for days just to get the attention...

Don't worry, you will see plenty of dolphin swimming pics :yay: DC is such a nice place, you should concider doing it....

btw Rønnede is like right next to Haslev... quite funny that you been there...

... yes I got the pin :thumbsup2 It was so cool cause everyone was saying Happy B-day and singing for me and stuff like that... I loved it :woohoo:

I remember seeing it now. :idea:

But I only had it on on the day were it was my B-day. I think it's stupid when people wear it for days just to get the attention...

Yeah, me too. :eek:

btw Rønnede is like right next to Haslev... quite funny that you been there...

It's a small world. :laughing: I hope that song doesn't get stuck in your head now.;)

Great TR. Thank you so much for sharing the pics with us. Can't wait for the DC installment.

Hey everybody, I'll be in China all of July, but I promise to finish this TP when I get back. Have a great summer :)

I'm finally back after a good vacation.
We are now at DC which was a B-day present from my mum. I had the dolphin swim which I had been looking forward to for months. Let me say this now: I know it's a lot of money but when everyone says it's worth it, it's because it's so true. That was one of the most awsome things I've ever tried in my life.
Let's get some pics out (if you want to see more pics, have a look in my signature, there is a link to more DC pics)

120047florida_332.jpg

First a bit of the amazing surroundings:

120047florida_311.jpg

120047florida_306.jpg

120047florida_264.jpg

After we checked in, got some breakfast, got changed and had a snack (free food ) we went over to the bird area. None of the birds wanted to play with us, so it was starting to get a little bit boring. My mum said "iihhh they don't want to come near us at all" when this happen:

120047florida_300.jpg

And then the bird didn't want to leave her alone. I think she had enough bird contact that day.

Then it was time for the highlight of the day... My dolphin swim...

120047florida_270.jpg

120047florida_274.jpg

Our dolphin's name was Tyler and he was so cute... Yes I know that all the dolphins are cute, but I'm sure that Tyler is a little bit cuter. ;)

120047florida_278.jpg

120047florida_279.jpg

120047florida_280.jpg

120047florida_282.jpg

120047florida_291.jpg

It was amazing...
After the dolphin swim it was time for lunch and a snack (free food remember) And then it was suddenly 5 o'clock and time to go home... NOOOOOO, not already... But we did have time to hit the shops on the way out and that made me feel better :woohoo:

Coming up: Saeworld... We are not tired of the dolphins yet ( and we got a little surprise the second time we went there):rolleyes1

Wow, I just found your report and am really enjoying it :thumbsup2! I have to say I was so excited to read that you are from Denmark because although I am American I am also half Swedish and and have lived here a long time now. With you in Copenhagen you are the closest proper Disney fan that I know of and I was so excited to see your post that I had to shout out to my boyfriend who was cooking dinner at the time :). Plus! We are even planning on going to the Tivoli tomorrow since after checking the weather it looks like it will be a fine day and I am just aching for an amusement park experience! It's been 8 months since we were in WDW last :eek: and I just want to go back so badly. So cool that you used to work there!

Looking forward to your Sea World installment and pictures. After 3 trips we still haven't visited Sea World although I keep promising myself that we will. We had ressies for Discovery Cove when we visited WDW the first time in 2004 but my boyfriend freaked and made me cancel, thinking the whole trip was just too much money. Oh how I regret that now!

YEAAHHHHH finally a scandinavian DISer... I thought I was the only one... Where in Sweden do you live? (I guess it's close to DK since you are going to Tivoli)
I'm glad you like my TR... We are planning a trip back to WDW in sep '08, I can't wait!!!
Have you been to DLP? We are going in dec, we need some magic soon!!!

After a day in DC, we wanted more dolphins!!! We LOVE animals and I LOVE dolphins, so seaworld it was!!! :yay:
As some of you know, when you buy tickets to DC you get 7 days admission to Seaworld or Bush Garden...
The first thing we did, was running down to the place where you feed dolphins. There wasn't that many people, so we could spend as long time as we wanted there. (For my mum, that was about 1 hour, for me it was the whole day) I took about 100 pics of the dolphins... I'll just post a couple to give you an idea...
120047florida_515.jpg

120047florida_353.jpg

120047florida_382.jpg

Finally I realized that there are a lot of other stuff to look at in Seaworld and we left the dolphins (my mum had to promise me that we would come back later that day)
Then we went down to the manatees, my mum loved these (she could spend the whole day here) and yes they are really cute...:love:

120047florida_415.jpg

120047florida_414.jpg

We wanted to see the dolphin show, bBue Horizon and the killer whale show, Believe (Believe was more because we heard so much about it)
Blue Horizon was very cool. The story was quite boring (Girl dreaming about swimming and interact with animals, girl's dream come true, girl meets lots of other animals, girl is very happy blah blah blah) but the animals were amazing, not just the dolphins, they made some birds fly over the audience, that was amazing (well not for this poor girl sitting next to us, she was affraid of birds and completely panicked)

120047florida_542.jpg

120047florida_404.jpg

The believe show was not really down our street. It is amazing what you can make killer whales do, but 90 % of the show was about" believe in your dreams and they will come true" It started to get a bit annoying after the first 15 min. But the killer whales were beautiful and BIG

120047florida_420.jpg

We then had a look at some of the other animals in Seaworld, there is actually a lot more to look at then I first thought

120047florida_417.jpg

120047florida_411.jpg

And they have meet and greet as well :woohoo:

120047florida_510.jpg

120047florida_562.jpg

The first time we went to Seaworld we thought that it would be the only time, but because we didn't like Universal Studios, we decided to come back to Seaworld on one of our last days instead of spending another day in Universal, which was a very good idea.
In the program of that day, it said baby presentation instead of Believe. That sounded like fun... (we thought it was a normal part of the program, but no!) A couple of days earlier a baby killer whale was born at the stadium, so they had to cancel Believe cause you can't move a baby whale :banana: How cool was that! A new born baby!!! The trainers were at the stadium to answer questions and you could feel how excited they were about this... They showed the birth on the big screens and told a lot about baby whales... That was just the most amazing experience... sorry the pic is so bad...

120047florida_559a.jpg

That was a big surprise, good we decided to come back...
We also decided to try Dining with Shamu, a buffet right next to the killer whale stadium, that was really cool as well and really worth the money.

120047florida_besk_ret_016.jpg

120047florida_besk_ret_017.jpg

Well this is Disney so i think I will stop her. Have a look in my siggy if you want to see more Seaworld pics...

Next up: Universal Studio, time in the first park: 9 hours, time in the second park: 15 min....

The last park in our big Disney/Seaworld/Universal-trip was Universal Studios. We got this great offer on the net, were we got 7 days for... something cheap (forgot the prise, sorry:confused3 ) Our hotel was close to Universal Studio but we decided to only do 2 days there. One in each park. The first day we did the studio park, thinking that this one would be the best park out of the 2. But no... We found it quite boring:sad2: , there wasn't that much to look at (you know how Disney always have a lot of details around the parks, so you can spend hours looking at the scenery) Maybe we did expect too much, but still it was boring. However some of the rides were really cool. One hour before the park closed, we decided to go and have a quick look at the other park. We straight away regreted that we didn't go to that park first, cause it was so much better. Much more to look at and much more detailed! We had to run (and I mean run) through the park cause they were closing and our bus were leaving. All the rides were closed, so we didn't try anything, but I would love to go back and have a better look at that park. We were suppose to go back to that park but decided to do Seaworld once more instead.
So overall, we wasted money on unused tickets, we went to a boring park, we didn't get to see the park that seemed good... ...but instead we got another day in Seaworld were we saw a newborn baby killer whale, so don't worry we are not bitter!:wizard:

Enjoy!
120047florida_429.jpg

120047florida_432.jpg

120047florida_430.jpg

120047florida_433.jpg

120047florida_443.jpg

120047florida_445.jpg

Coming up: Final thoughts!!!

Hey :flower3: ! Sorry it took me so long to reply to your reply :)! I loved your Sea World report and wish so much that we had gone ourselves last year. How lucky you were to see the baby whale :thumbsup2 ! So cute! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Universal much, we really like it but you're correct, in no way does it compare to the Disney parks ! We usually do two days there but I think next year we will only do one, since we can't bear to do 3 days away from Disney and Sea World therefore has always been the park to go. For our next trip now that Disney has changed the Dining Plan I'm not sure if we will be getting it and that would free us up to do other parks off property, as well.

How cool must it have been to visit China! Lucky you! I live just outside of Lund in Sweden so with the train yes we are close to Denmark. The train and bridge are brilliant although I did love it before when we took the Pilen ferry, and the tax free shopping on board. Ahhh, memories :cloud9: ! We didn't make it to the Tivoli that day as my DBF was sick that morning with a headache, poor guy. Poor me ::yes:: ! So that is a something I'm still looking forward too, and I got so excited after reading about the park on theme park review .com.

Nope I haven't been to Disneyland Paris yet since we have always had a WDW trip coming up to pay for but now it seems our next trip won't be until Nov. 08. December must be a wonderful time to visit DLP! Do you think you will be able to ride the newly opened Tower of Terror? I was thinking of waiting for it but now I need the magic so badly that I don’t know if I can manage it, and have been thinking of October this year for the Holloween party. I'm excited because I've read the park is the most beautiful of all and that's just hard to imagine!

Well, I guess it's time to finish this report. It have taken forever to make it so it must be time to finish up now...:rolleyes1
Final thoughts on WDW and Florida, yeah maybe even the States.

Let's start with the States: I loved it! Everything is just so much bigger over there then here. The shops have stuff I didn't know existed and so many kinds of it! Everything was so cheap, we could get a huge meal to split between us for half of what you pay in DK (and the portions were much bigger) The bus driver told us that we had to bring so much money with us to WDW cause everything was soooo expensive, both food and souvenirs. We were surprised when we saw the prices (if you think that's expensive, don't come to Denmark!) Everyone were so nice to us (mainly because everyone told me how good my English was, hearing that makes you happy!) No I think Americans are more open towards other people then most Europeans are. I would never start chatting to a strenger at a busstop (or at any other place) cause the person would think I was wierd if I did. That's a big culture difference, I think.
Let's go to Florida: I loved the weather. I could wear shorts in March while there were a snowstorm back home. I didn't like International Drive, it seemed cheap and the shops there were quite bad. But the fact that we were so close to Universal Studio and Seaworld were nice. But next time we'll be staying at a Disney hotel, that's for sure.
And last but not least WDW: It was huge, we walked and walked and still we didn't get to see it all. The name is right, it's a world, a big magical world!!! There was so much to look at that you need a whole month there, that's why we are going back.
I think it's a good idea to go in the low season, cause already in March there were a lot of people. We sometimes had trouble finding a seat on a bench to sit just for 5 mins. Luckily my mum is a smoker and one place where you always could find a seat, was in the smoking area.

This is it! This was our great trip to Florida, but don't worry we'll be back soon!
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter