The BIG Picture Report 3/1-3/17 '07

Love your report - excellent pictures - and your English is very good :thumbsup2

thanks for the pictures - I love them! I hope to make it to DLP one day (although those transatlantic airfairs and my 6 day vacations make that a little harder).

Wilmabride: Thanks a lot. It's good that you all understand me :)

Carol Ann: Yeah it takes a while to get between Europe and USA. It took us 13 hours to get to Orlando.

The big troll... the one on the right is the troll, the other one is my mum
120047florida_084.jpg

:rotfl2:

Loving the report. Your pictures are great!

Animal Kingdom.. A park we both looked forward to... we are animal-lovers :dog: and heard so many good things about this park.
120047florida_179.jpg

120047florida_225.jpg

The first thing you see when you get inside... This is our favourite restaurant in DLP so the first thing we did were booking a table for lunch.
120047florida_229.jpg

On our way down to get fastpass for the safari, we took some pics before the park would get too crowded... And it did later:crowded:

120047florida_180.jpg

120047florida_182.jpg

120047florida_183.jpg

120047florida_223.jpg

A little tip: Get your safari fastpass right away cause everyone wants to go on it and here you see why.
120047florida_201.jpg

120047florida_200.jpg

120047florida_188.jpg

We were lucky to see so many animals but the car is going so fast and it doesn't stop at all so you have to be quick if you want pictures. The whole thing is very realistic but the end where you have to help the other car is a bit too childish.

After the safari we went to the Lion King show... it was soooo good.. I love the music from The Lion King :simba:

120047florida_185.jpg

We weren't the only ones who went on a safari

120047florida_184.jpg

Suddenly we heard music. It was a boat with all the characters and no one else noticed them.

120047florida_221.jpg

Now it's time to get lunch at Rainforest cafe. One of the reasons that it's our favourite place is the details in the decoration. It's an adventure just to look at the place... and the food is good to.

120047florida_231.jpg

It looks like the crocodile is about to eat me.

After a very nice lunch, we headed down to the tigers. Their cave was so cool.
120047florida_212.jpg

While my mum was chilling out in the smoking area I saw a sign that said this way for photo spot with Winnie the Pooh. We started walking down there. There were no line at all which was a bit strange because the park was so crowded. But hey, sometimes you are lucky.

120047florida_239.jpg

It's a shame we only had one day at Animal Kingdom cause there were so many things we didn't get a chance to try or see because there were to many people. But it's a very nice park...

Next up: Downtown Disney... The place were we didn't take that many pictures but were we spended a lot of money!:rolleyes1

I just love your trip report!! Looking at all the pictures brings back fond memories!! We love Animal Kingdom too!!:simba: :dumbo: :simba:

I loved looking at your pictures and reading your report. When I was in college, I got to go to Denmark for 3 weeks. Everyone tried to get me to say the Danish word for strawberry shortcake. I totally could not say it. :lmao: I got to go to Grena (I'm sorry, but I can't remember how to spell it) and Copenhagen. I took a picture of a sphinx Mickey Mouse when I was in Copenhagen and, of course, the Little Mermaid.

I went on my first WDW trip last year. I loved the Lion King show and am so glad you included a picture of it. When I went to Epcot, I was little disappointed. It was not as magical as Tivoli was. It was still fun, but I would love to go back to Danmark.

I can't wait to read the rest of your report! popcorn::

I loved looking at your pictures and reading your report. When I was in college, I got to go to Denmark for 3 weeks. Everyone tried to get me to say the Danish word for strawberry shortcake. I totally could not say it. :lmao: I got to go to Grena (I'm sorry, but I can't remember how to spell it) and Copenhagen. I took a picture of a sphinx Mickey Mouse when I was in Copenhagen and, of course, the Little Mermaid.

I went on my first WDW trip last year. I loved the Lion King show and am so glad you included a picture of it. When I went to Epcot, I was little disappointed. It was not as magical as Tivoli was. It was still fun, but I would love to go back to Danmark.

I can't wait to read the rest of your report! popcorn::

It's so cool that you have been to Denmark! What did you do here? Just vacation? And why Denmark?
Yeah rødgrød med fløde(strawberry shortcake) That's what we always make foreigner say (very bad danish joke:laughing: )
I used to work in Tivoli, it's an amazing theme park, but nothing like WDW :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading :)

Your english is better than mine, and I've live in the USA all my life! LOL Your grammer and spelling is better than mine too! I'm loving your pictures! Your trip report is very neat. First one of mostly pictures I seen. Thanks for posting it! Looking forward to Downtown Disney! :cheer2:

Your english is better than mine, and I've live in the USA all my life! LOL Your grammer and spelling is better than mine too! I'm loving your pictures! Your trip report is very neat. First one of mostly pictures I seen. Thanks for posting it! Looking forward to Downtown Disney! :cheer2:

Thank you so much. I sometimes wonder if you guys understand my english, but it seems like it :flower1:
Downtown Disney will be on in a couple of days :maleficen

It's so cool that you have been to Denmark! What did you do here? Just vacation? And why Denmark?

It's so cool you worked at Tivoli! I went to Denmark in 1994 for a college trip. We performed at Landsstaevne in Svendborg and at Tivoli (for one performance). We went to a bunch of different places in Denmark and stayed with the nicest host families. One host family took me to the magic tree where people leave articles of clothing hanging from the branches. I've always wanted to go back to Denmark because the people were so friendly and the country was so beautiful. What part of Denmark are you from?

Yeah rødgrød med fløde(strawberry shortcake) That's what we always make foreigner say (very bad danish joke:laughing: )

When I was in Denmark, I always thought the Danes were trying to get me to say "rødgrød med fløde" because they were tricking me to say something naughty. Since American teenagers think it's funny to get foreign exchange students to say naughty things, it took me a while to believe the expression was a tongue twister that really meant strawberry shortcake. I didn't mind a little good natured Danish humor.:laughing:

Well, I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. :yay:

What part of Denmark are you from?

I'm from a small town called Haslev, it's on sealand, but I live in Copenhagen now, because I study there.
I'm really happy that you liked Denmark. When I went to WDW I got the feeling that most people don't even know what Denmark is. They keept asking where in England I was from cause I speak with a British accent( my boyfriend is British) when I said I was from Denmark, they had no idea what I was taking about....

Thanks everyone for reading!!!:goodvibes

I'm from a small town called Haslev, it's on sealand, but I live in Copenhagen now, because I study there.

I didn't stay in Haslev, but I think I stayed near there in a town called Rønnede. When I was in Copenhagen, we saw someone walking their dog. We went over and tried to pet the dog, but the dog started to growl. The owner told us the dog didn't understand English. Poor dog, we scared it with our English. :scared1:

When I went to WDW I got the feeling that most people don't even know what Denmark is. They keept asking where in England I was from cause I speak with a British accent( my boyfriend is British) when I said I was from Denmark, they had no idea what I was taking about....

I wonder if they would have known of Denmark if you had mentioned Hamlet. :confused3 I hope they didn’t offend you. Schools over here focus more on reading and math than geography. There is a popular game show, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, that comes on Fox. Most contestants are unable to answer questions that cover the fifth grade. Kids who are between the ages of 10-11 usually beat the adults on the show. Chances are, based on that show, a 10 to 11 year-old would have known where Denmark was, but their parents would not. ;)

Now that I've bored everyone to tears, I will quote Cuba Gooding, Jr., in Jerry McGuire, "Show me the [mouse]". ;)

Girls = shopping...
So that's why we were looking forward to go to Downtown. I wanted to go to the x-mas shop and my mum was aiming for the music shop. We wnet to Downtown a couple of times and everytime we ended up spending so much in all the shops. We only have a couple of pics cause we used our energy on spending money...

The first time we went to Downtown, we were told that we could only get there by a bus from an All Stars Hotel, so that is were we ended up untill we found out that it was a lot easier to take some of the other busses cause everyone is using the All Stars busses so they are quite crowded.
Why isn't there busses leaving from the parks to Downtown??? :confused:

120047florida_245.jpg

We finally got there.
120047florida_249.jpg

There is no x-mas like a disney x-mas... I actually collect disney x-mas stuff.
120047florida_247.jpg

I love this shop
120047florida_248.jpg

I can't remember were this picture is taken, but i think it's in Downtown or at a hotel on our way to downtown.
120047florida_252.jpg

I don't know why but I did find this very fascinated.
120047florida_254.jpg

Very nice :flower3:
120047florida_255.jpg

It's was my B-day while I was there so maybe I should have got myself one of these...
120047florida_257.jpg

Next up: Discovery Cove... A day in paradise!!!

There is no x-mas like a disney x-mas... I actually collect disney x-mas stuff.

When I was a kid, the local mall decorated for Christmas using a Disney theme. It was so cool! It had Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and Mickey's Christmas Carol. I was convinced the real Santa Claus only went to that mall because it had all the Disney stuff. The fake Santas were at the other malls in town. By the time I graduated high school, they quit decorating with Disney stuff. :sad2: They put up a big talking bear instead.
Next up: Discovery Cove... A day in paradise!!!

I've never been there! I can't wait to read about it. I hope you got to swim with the dolphins!

P.S. Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Did you get a birthday pin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter