The BIG Picture Report 3/1-3/17 '07

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by the_princess, Apr 13, 2007.

1. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

:Pinkbounc Now it's my turn to do a trip report. :Pinkbounc
    English is not my first language, so there is not going to be a lot of talking, but instead a lot of pictures.:artist: I'm going to say a little bit about each pic and that it.
    To make it a little bit different i'm going to do places instead of days,:confused3 well, it will explain itself later.

First a little in introduktion while I get all the pics on the DIS site.

Who:
    :tigger: Me: 24 years old, study theatre in Copenhagen, have always liked Disney, my favorite movie is Aristocats and i'm a big Marie-fan, but I do like the characters from Winnie The Pooh too. The first time I went to DLP,I didn't even wanted to go there, instead I wanted to see Monet's garden, but one day in DLP changed it all.

:tink: Mum: 50 years old, working in the framing business, Always liked the Disney movies, but got hooked on Disney themeparks after we celebrated christmas in DLP, favourite character is Tinkerbell, beside that she loves the Disney music.

Where:
    We stayed at the Comfort Inn Universal Areas. Non of us have been to the States before, so we wanted to see other things then Disney as well. :flower3:

When:
    1-17 of March

That's what we look like.
    [​IMG]
    Next time: Magic Kingdom, 3/1 (My B-day) :bday: and 3/15 (Spring break hell):crazy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkmom

Tinkmom DIS Veteran

Wow, it is hard to believe that English is not your first language. Your writing is great and better than many of the posts from those of us for whom English IS our first language!

I'm looking forward to reading your report and seeing your pics! :goodvibes

4. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Thanks a lot :)

5. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

We went to MK twice. The first time was on my :bday: The weather was awfull. It was cold and cloudy. We didn't think that it would be that cold, so we had the summer outfit on. That was stupid, so the first thing we did was to run into the first shop on main street to buy a sweater. And then we saw that we were not the only ones. The shop was full of people and no sweaters. After we finally found a couple of decent looking sweaters, we were ready for the magic.
    The next time was one of the last days of our trip. The weather was great and very very hot. When we first arrived the park was almost emty so we did some rides with no lines at all... Perfect. But then hell began (almost anyway) First day of spring break and every one went to MK. I don't mind a crowded park at all :crowded: , but people got a bit aggressive because of the heat and some of the groups of students (I'm a student myself and know how careless we can be) didn't respect the people around them and that made me a bit angry... :mad: But I got some beautiful pics that day...

Me with a b-day pin and the princess mickyears. I'm not called The Princess for nothing
    [​IMG]

Year of a million :wizard: and a very cloudy sky
    [​IMG]

I love these dressed up bushes (have no idea what the english word for them is:blush: )
    [​IMG]

Rides :scared1:
    The danish contribution to "it's a small world", God I hate that song :music:
    [​IMG]

Yeahhhh Jack is back :love:
    [​IMG]

:bday: Dinner at Crystal Palace... I'll spare you the pics of the characters and just put this one on to put you in the Crystal Palace mood
    [​IMG]

No b-day without a :cake: and a signed card. Btw, I think that every single b-day person celebrated it in Crystal Palace, there was a lot of cakes
    [​IMG]

Ater dinner it's time for shopping. :woohoo: Have anyone had a close look at this castle? (yes i know it's a lot of small castles put together) It's very cool...
    [​IMG]

I want this!!! It's too cute!!!:eeyore: But i'm not sure that the people in the airport would agree with me.
    [​IMG]

A few pics from the park... Then you guys can see if you can find your family. :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:tinker: Magic Kingdom continues.....

6. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom part 2
    The traditional castle pictures:tink:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hallo Tigger :tigger:
    [​IMG]

And HALLOOO Johnny... ups, I mean Jack pirate: This guy is gooooddd
    [​IMG]

These small statues in front of the castle are so cute as well... have a look ::MinnieMo
    [​IMG]

:dumbo:
    [​IMG]

Before we left Denmark, my mum said that she would never ever wear a micky rain poncho. This is what a woman, that didn't want to wear a poncho, but had to because the rain was pouring down, looks like.
    [​IMG]

We tried to get a table at Tony's, but we had to wait for more then an hour, so this is what we did in the waiting time.:bored: We had had enough of all the people in the park (spring break hell remember)
    [​IMG]

And watched the parade from Tony's waiting room, a very good wiew...
    [​IMG]

This was the Magic Kingdom days... Feel free to ask questions :goodvibes

Next time: Epcot, a trip around the world and fantastic food.

7. DancinDaisyDuck

DancinDaisyDuck Nothing left for me to do but dance

great report, I love the pictures! Looking forward to reading and seeing more.

8. CriminyCrafft

CriminyCrafft Mouseketeer

Love your TR and the pictures!! I love to hear what foreigners think of Walt Disney World. I want to go to Disneyland Paris badly but it's so expensive for Americans these days - the dollar is terrible against the Euro.

Thanks for posting and I can't wait to hear more!

9. JoAnnPan

JoAnnPan DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report; pics always make them better!!!
    Looking forward to your trip to Epcot.

Thanks for sharing :wizard:

10. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

First of all thanks everyone for reading. I hope to get more on this weekend or beginning of next week :goodvibes

Yeah France is so expensive. And DLP is even worse. But it's still worth it :wizard:
    I found WDW a lot cheaper then I first thought. Maybe because our bus driver and the people at the hotel kept joking about the high prices, so I was expecting a lot worse... but that was a good supprise :woohoo:

11. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

After a buzy week i'm finally back with more pics. Now it's time for a trip around the world at Epcot. :sail: We both loved Epcot. It's speciel cause it's not like the other parks but you still get the disney magic. One thing I found a bit wierd was that they have Danish stuff in Germany and Norway :scratchin But we still loved it.
    Well, enough talking :tink:

Let's begin with the beginning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We both loved the Spaceship Earth ride, it's an easy ride but there is so much to look at.
    [​IMG]

We were so excited about the World Showcase that we ran through Future World but I had to have a pic of this waterfall
    [​IMG]

They had started the preparation for the flower festival. It already looked so good then, I would love to see it now :flower1:
    [​IMG]

Here I was waiting for a train to come past so I could take a pic of it (like everyone else does :rolleyes1 ) So we waited and waited... and waited... and waited... no train :sad2:
    [​IMG]

Finally we ended up in World Showcase.

First up is Mexico. Have anyone been to the resturant in there??? It's so good, the food is cheap and very delicious. It's probably the best resturant in WDW (well, that's our opinion)
    [​IMG]

Uhh who is that?!?
    [​IMG]

Next up is Norway, we almost felt like home (Norway was once Danish property)
    [​IMG]

The big troll... the one on the right is the troll, the other one is my mum
    [​IMG]

More coming up...

12. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Epcot continued

There is not that much to say to the next couple of pics. It's my favourite buildings around Epcot :tilt:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it's time to look at me :magnify:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We found this in Italy... Since when did Santa visit Baby Jesus???:confused:
    [​IMG]

Le France...
    [​IMG]

This guy is amazing
    [​IMG]

What's better then meeting your favourite character for the first time :yay: (yes it's an awfull pic, but it's Marie and that's what counts)
    [​IMG]

England... the place to find Pooh and his friends too...pooh:
    [​IMG]

Hallo there...
    [​IMG]

Another amazing structure
    [​IMG]

The best way to end the day is by watching the Illuminations firework. That's one of the best fireworks/light shows I've ever seen. Only Disney can do this. As you all know it's impossible to take pics of fireworks... This is what happens when you try
    [​IMG]

This is the end of Epcot (for this TP anyway) We loved the place even though I'm pretty sure that the countries doesn't look like this in real life. But it's the magic that counts :tink:

Next time: MGM Studios (mum mum I just saw a CM handing out micky ears) :earsboy:

13. swillis

swillis "Make your next dog a Blue Dog!"

Great report! I love your sense of humor :rotfl: And your English is just fine, in fact better than most of us who speak it everyday!

14. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Thanks a lot :) keep reading :flower3:

15. KerriSue

KerriSue DIS Veteran

Let me confess something before I go on--I havent read your trip report but I just went through all the pictures. I love them. How cute you are with your mom. I hate reading reports and they put in only a couple of pictures, so I scan them first to see if it is up to my expectations. I know, Im sad.

Loving your pictures and I promise now to go back and read.

Thanks for sharing
    Kerri

16. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

I agree with you... I like TP with a lot of pics and not that much text, that's why I have tried to make my TP like that... Thanks for looking:)

17. Andrea31

Andrea31 Earning My Ears

I am loving your trip report. Can't wait to see more pictures.

18. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

19. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

I'm finally back... Exams are taking a lot of my time, but I have a spare moment and what is the best way to spend it???
    We are now in MGM. The weather is great and there are not that many people. What's the first thing you see when you enter the park?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a big pin station below the hat, which was a nice place to go when you had to get out of the sun (and spend some money)

I was disppointed when I found out that they had empty the big lake. Then you could really see how fake it is with long pipes running along the side. Well, they have to renovate the place to keep it perfect :artist:
    But the dinosaur was still cute.

[​IMG]

Uhh another one of the sculptures which i love :love:

[​IMG]

I know a lot of you like this fountain and I can understand why, It's really detailed. And the 3D show is really entertaining as well.

[​IMG]

My favourite thing at MGM was the Beauty and the Beast-show. The performers were incredible, the costumes were incredible, the whole show was.... well yes INCREDIBLE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pink dresses in this picture were so beautiful. You can't really see that on the picture unfortunately.

[​IMG]

My favourite rollercoaster in DLP is the Rock'N'Rollercoaster, so I was really looking forward to try the one in WDW. I'm sorry to say this, but the one in DLP is the best one. :scared1:

[​IMG]

The Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade was really good as well. We had a good wiew so i took a lot of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the parade it was time for character meet'n'greet... :sulley:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and time for a walk

[​IMG]

The day ended in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater at the Fantasmic show. The speciel effects were great. I loved the way they used waterfalls as sceens. It was just the perfect Disney fairytale.

[​IMG]

Next time: Animal Kingdom... One big Disney zoo.:dogdance:

20. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

My favorite kind of trip report! Love the pictures!

21. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading... or looking :) This is my favourite kind as well...