The BALD and the BEAUTIFUL are off to see SNOW WIPE again!! A Nov 2011 PTR! pic heavy

I need help deciding what CHARACTER DINING to do? The only one we've ever done is the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at PCH Grill. Where would you suggest having breakfast? Goofy's kitchen or Storytellers Cafe? I'm also thinking about doing Ariels Grotto for dinner one night and doing the reserved seating for WOC. Is the price worth it? Is the food any good? Help, help, help! :worship:

Just had to laugh about Jayden's adventures in utero. DS was the same way. I have twins, and DD was baby A and was head down from the moment it mattered. DS was all over the place, even up until delivery. After DD was born, the delivery nurse, an older German lady, said "No C-section!" and pretty much manipulted my stomach from the outside so that DS kept heading the right direction!

Oh my goodness, it is sooooo yummy. Is Coyote Cafe near Casa Guadalajara? Maybe we'll try it.

It's at the other end of Old Town on San Diego Ave and Conde street. It's at the beginning of Old Town from the opposite end. Opposite side from the Waley House, but I think it's the same block. If you're down that far, you should try it, it's so good and teh fresh tortillas mmmm....

Yay!!! It’s finally time to concentrate on the most important part of my trip …….. DISNEYLAND!! :yay:

Everything is subject to change of course. For one hours aren’t even out yet for when we’ll be traveling, so it’s hard to plan around fireworks, shows, and parades. Its also too early to make my ADR’s, AND my DAD might be able to join us for several days. If he does join us that will make a huge difference in my planning. So as of now everything is based upon last years hours and just the four of us traveling.

Keep your eyes out for my next post. Disneyland here we come.:woohoo:

I need help deciding what CHARACTER DINING to do? The only one we've ever done is the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at PCH Grill. Where would you suggest having breakfast? Goofy's kitchen or Storytellers Cafe? I'm also thinking about doing Ariels Grotto for dinner one night and doing the reserved seating for WOC. Is the price worth it? Is the food any good? Help, help, help! :worship:

I'd recommend Breakfast With Minnie And Friends at the Plaza (inside DL). You get to see so many characters, and you don't have to leave the park! After that I'd recommend Goofy's, because it is a lot of fun.

Also, Ariel's WOC dinner doesn't have the princesses, they only appear at breakfast and lunch. Not sure whether you know that already, but I thought I'd share.

Love reading about your plans and seeing your photos! Your kids are adorable!!

Will be intresting trying to get her one ToT, Space Mountain, and BTMR. :scared1:

Now that mine is older nothing is off limits. But when DS first went BTMRR was easiest and well enjoyed. Space was ok, because it's dark. ToT wasn't liked until the third vist and I'm ont certain he will like it better next time either.

I can't recall where you are staying, But if on Harbor do you really want to march the family all the way to the DLH or PPH? Have they done character meals before? In any case I'd suggest Minnie and friends before DL is open.

Just had to laugh about Jayden's adventures in utero. DS was the same way. I have twins, and DD was baby A and was head down from the moment it mattered. DS was all over the place, even up until delivery. After DD was born, the delivery nurse, an older German lady, said "No C-section!" and pretty much manipulted my stomach from the outside so that DS kept heading the right direction!
lol.... It must be a BOY thing. He never listens, can't sit still, blah, blah, blah! :lmao: They asked me if I wanted an (inversion) I think that's what it's called. I would have to go to the hospital and they would try to manipulate him in the right postion. But I read up on it and was terrified it would hurt the baby. I'm sorta glad I didn't being that his umbilical cord was wrapped about his neck so many times. I did do accupuncture though, and people think that's what did it. Hmmm, maybe?!

It's at the other end of Old Town on San Diego Ave and Conde street. It's at the beginning of Old Town from the opposite end. Opposite side from the Waley House, but I think it's the same block. If you're down that far, you should try it, it's so good and teh fresh tortillas mmmm....
Mmmmm, maybe I will. Mexican is my favorite food.. I'm going to check out the menu online. Thank you. ;)

I'd recommend Breakfast With Minnie And Friends at the Plaza (inside DL). You get to see so many characters, and you don't have to leave the park! After that I'd recommend Goofy's, because it is a lot of fun.

Also, Ariel's WOC dinner doesn't have the princesses, they only appear at breakfast and lunch. Not sure whether you know that already, but I thought I'd share.

Love reading about your plans and seeing your photos! Your kids are adorable!!
No I didn't realize that about the princeses. Thank you! ;)

And thanks for your advice and input. :) Have you ever been to the one at Grand Californian? Looks like a nice place to go, but I've never really read anything about it?
Now that mine is older nothing is off limits. But when DS first went BTMRR was easiest and well enjoyed. Space was ok, because it's dark. ToT wasn't liked until the third vist and I'm ont certain he will like it better next time either.

I can't recall where you are staying, But if on Harbor do you really want to march the family all the way to the DLH or PPH? Have they done character meals before? In any case I'd suggest Minnie and friends before DL is open.

I have a feeling there is NOOOO way I'm getting her on ToT.. So I'll have to ride it by myself for the first time ever. Reya is scared of almost everything, whereas by 1 year old isn't scared of ANYTHING! Can't wait till he's old enought to ride with me.

We're staying at the Anabella. It's REALLY close to PPH. Maybe a 3 or 4 minute walk. And we cut through GCH to get to the parks, so it's not far either. DLH is the furtest away.

We did the Surfs up character breakfast before. At that time Reya was too young and hated the characters. It was a GREAT breakfast though. I just didn't want to do it, because we already have. Want to do something different.

NOVEMBER 14th- Day 7

------------------------------------------------

******::MickeyMo = First time visiting restaurant/attraction/entertainment*********
-------------------------------------------------

2010 Hours: 10:00 AM- 8:00 PM

Christmas Parade: 5:30 PM
Christmas Fireworks: 7:30 PM
Holiday Lighting: 5:00, 5:15, 6:30, 7:30 PM

We will be checking out of our hotel around 8:30 am and having breakfast across the street at McDonalds. Then we’ll head to our hotel and check in for the rest of the week. It’s probably safe to say our room won’t be ready at the time, but that’s okay. We’ll just leave our belongings in our car or with the front desk and walk over to the parks.

We’ll be staying at THE ANABELLA

((Here’s pictures of our last trip))

Entrance to Room
2008tripcanon479.jpg

2008tripcanon476.jpg

Reyas Bed
2008tripcanon478.jpg

Front Of Building and pictures around the property and Pool
Roadtrip133.jpg

Roadtrip026.jpg

2008tripcanon012.jpg

Roadtrip018-1.jpg

Roadtrip025.jpg

Roadtrip050-1.jpg

Walk to Park

Roadtrip024.jpg

Roadtrip136.jpg

Roadtrip137-1.jpg

The walk is easy and beautiful. We normally take a short cut through the Grand Californian, which makes the walk even more delightful.

Dinning Plans for the Day

Breakfast: McDonalds in Santa Monica
Lunch: New Orleans Square. (:-):MinnieMo First visit ::MickeyMo)) If I had my choice I would be eating at Blue Bayou, but it will be closed during our trip. But luckily they serve the Monte Cristo at New Orleans Square, so it’s the next best option.
l16.jpg

Dinner: Tortilla Jo’s
l24.jpg

Snack: Dole Whip
l17.jpg

To be continued……

Did a BUNCH of shopping for the kids today for the trip!! Can't wait to share! Will take pictures and post later. :banana:

The Annabella seems really pretty with all the flowers and plants!

First day sounds good. Can't wait to see what you bought :)

I just realized that I hit the double digit countdown to my Trip..... Only 97 days to GO! :yay:

I have done the Storytellers Cafe character breakfast and it's very good! I didn't do the buffet (it was expensive and I don't eat enough to justify that much money on food) but what I did have was good. Their breakfast potatoes are to die for! As for the characters, they aren't really "mainstream" characters. I believe Chip and Dale were there, the bear from Brother Bear and Baloo (sp?).

My DH and I did the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn during our honeymoon and it had many more recognizable characters. Captain Hook, Micky and Minnie, Goofy, the Fairy Godmother, and others (I can't remember them all) were there. The food was also very good, the restaurant was beautiful inside and I think it was about the same price, perhaps a little cheaper, then Storytellers. Plus, you don't have to leave the park.

The WOC dinner at Ariel's Grotto was great and worth it for the viewing area. However, when we went WOC was very new and the lines for the fastpasses were out the park entrance. You might be able to get good viewing areas now that it's been around a while (that's what I'm hoping for our trip this week). It was expensive too and like a PP mentioned, no princess for dinner.
I hope the info helps!! :goodvibes

I love your PTR. popcorn:: I'm planning to go in September as me and DH's 5th trip, but our first going all out and enjoying everything we've ever wanted. We're pretty bummed that Blue Bayou will be closed on our trip :guilty:. SOOOO the logical thing is to plan a 2nd trip at the end of November, right?!? :rotfl2:

Wow, I guess I’ve been MIA for awhile. :rolleyes1 The last time I posted anything we were down to 97 days and now we’re at 76!! :yay: Time sure is flying by!! I have to admit I'm REALLY anxious and excited for our trip to begin, BUT at the same time I feel like I need a little more time. I had really wanted to loose some weight before we left so I wouldn't be so exhausted and sore while walking in the parks all day. ((actually that's only one of many reasons I want to loose weight)) I've already lost 12 lbs,:woohoo: but I want to loose another 18 before we leave. This is NOWHERE near my GOAL weight, but it will be sufficent enough for our trip. My poor legs and feet will be thanking me... Lugging all that extra weight around all day while walking the parks is killer.:headache: I don't want to be completely miserable at the end of the day because I'm so o ut of shape. So I've been working hard dieting and taking walks at night. So everyone WISH ME LUCK! :wizard: I really need it.

We officially purchased our Disney tickets. :cheer2: We bought 5 day park hopper tickets for DH, DD, and I . We got an AWESOME deal! We went through DH's work and paid just under $600.00

I’ve decided NOT to do the “daily” gifts from Tinkerbell. Instead both kids will receive a gift bag filled with fun stuff when we arrive at Disneyland.

One of the reasons I've decided not to do the dailys gifts, was because of something I saw on TV not to long ago. On the news they were giving tips on ways to survive a long road trip with small children. They suggested buying cheap toys/gifts from the dollar store or clearance bins. And for every hour the kids are on their best behavior they will be rewarded with a gift. So instead of doing every hour we will give them a gift after every break we take. That way instead of dreading getting back into the car for more driving they will be excited to get a prize. I've bought a few items already for Reya. But have much more shopping to do.

This is what I have so far:
Tinkerbell tattoos
Coloring book
Princess Crayons
2 books
Tinkerbell rings/earings

august2011003.jpg

Bought a few shirts for the kiddos as well.

august2011005.jpg

5601047784666-12.jpg

I’ll be back soon with more trip planning. I’m glad to be back.

I have done the Storytellers Cafe character breakfast and it's very good! I didn't do the buffet (it was expensive and I don't eat enough to justify that much money on food) but what I did have was good. Their breakfast potatoes are to die for! As for the characters, they aren't really "mainstream" characters. I believe Chip and Dale were there, the bear from Brother Bear and Baloo (sp?).

My DH and I did the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn during our honeymoon and it had many more recognizable characters. Captain Hook, Micky and Minnie, Goofy, the Fairy Godmother, and others (I can't remember them all) were there. The food was also very good, the restaurant was beautiful inside and I think it was about the same price, perhaps a little cheaper, then Storytellers. Plus, you don't have to leave the park.

The WOC dinner at Ariel's Grotto was great and worth it for the viewing area. However, when we went WOC was very new and the lines for the fastpasses were out the park entrance. You might be able to get good viewing areas now that it's been around a while (that's what I'm hoping for our trip this week). It was expensive too and like a PP mentioned, no princess for dinner.
I hope the info helps!! :goodvibes
Thank you so much for your advice, it has been very helpful, just what I needed ;)

I love your PTR. popcorn:: I'm planning to go in September as me and DH's 5th trip, but our first going all out and enjoying everything we've ever wanted. We're pretty bummed that Blue Bayou will be closed on our trip :guilty:. SOOOO the logical thing is to plan a 2nd trip at the end of November, right?!? :rotfl2:

Thank you, and welcome. :goodvibes I agree 100%. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter