The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

For some reason I didn't see you anymore after the first couple of days! We had a great cruise as well. We also bought some extra points - in Aulani! We'd visited the resort last May before it was open and were greatly impressed and wanted to return and stay. This seemed to be a good way to do that.

We really liked all the magnets we received. The message boards came in very handy. i have to admit that we gave some of our FE gifts to the family sitting next to us at dinner. They had two small boys (one blind) and we thought they might enjoy some of the FE gifts we received.

After the cruise we headed over to Saratoga Springs Resort and the parks for a few days. Our first time at SSR (our DVC home resort) and we liked it.

Who was your server?? The family sitting near us had a little boy who was blind as well, and my in laws made friends with the family sitting next to us who bought at Hawaii...I wonder if it was you?? How many people were you travelling with?

Who was your server?? The family sitting near us had a little boy who was blind as well, and my in laws made friends with the family sitting next to us who bought at Hawaii...I wonder if it was you?? How many people were you travelling with?

We were second seating at table 68 on a LAPLA rotation. Our servers were Adi (from India) and Yana (from Indonesia). The boy usually slept through dinner.

Were you the large table of about 8 people? I know we chatted back and forth, and they congratulated us on buying into Aulani.

Have a couple of more days off before its back to work.

I start a new job on Thursday so I'm back to the daily grind as well. Got the offer while we were visiting WDW after the cruise.

We didn't have a horror convention, though we did meet some people from England at our bus stop at SSR who were dressed up to attend the Star Wars weekend. I went over later in the afternoon and though most of the costumed visitors had departed I did see quite a few dressed up as Jedi, Stormtroopers, aliens, etc.

This morning came too fast. We were off the ship by about 7:20am, because we wanted to head back to our home resort for breakfast (our "last day ritual" :lmao:).

I have a last night cruise ritual. For dessert on the last night I have a Mickey bar.

On our previous cruise I ordered them for our entire table, none of whom had one before.

We were second seating at table 68 on a LAPLA rotation. Our servers were Adi (from India) and Yana (from Indonesia). The boy usually slept through dinner.

Were you the large table of about 8 people? I know we chatted back and forth, and they congratulated us on buying into Aulani.

Yup that was us, we were table 70. I'm pretty sure my boyfriends father served you shrimp haha! So funny that we were next to each other the whole cruise and never knew it

Yup that was us, we were table 70. I'm pretty sure my boyfriends father served you shrimp haha! So funny that we were next to each other the whole cruise and never knew it

So he did! And I did an impromptu "striptease" (Ok, just tie and jacket) on the dress up night!

I kept asking myself, "Where do I know these people from?" :rotfl:

Yup that's my crazy family! Well my boyfriend's family! I'm so glad his dad shared the shrimp though, they made us so much! (Because of my dairy allergy, I got shrimp every night because the first night they screwed up and didn't have anything for me to eat).

Well it was back to work yesterday for Sarah and I. Back to reality...

It was so cool to meet everyone! We really enjoyed seeing people that we felt like we knew while on the cruise. We had a great time on this cruise and our trip to WDW after the cruise. After learning how early they kick you off of the ship last year on the Dream, we didn't want to end the trip on that note. It was quite depressing doing it that way last year. So the WDW part was a nice touch. We booked another cruise for May of next year on the Fantasy. We may move it as we had a hard time deciding on which cruise we wanted to go on (West Coast, Alaska, or 7 night eastern Caribbean). Next year will be out 10 year anniversary so we want to do a longer cruise.

I'm going to try to do a trip report (no promises).

How I wish I was back on the ship. Of course now I have 5 pounds to lose from this vacation. By the way, Star Wars weekends was a blast!

How I wish I was back on the ship. Of course now I have 5 pounds to lose from this vacation. By the way, Star Wars weekends was a blast!

Since I ran the 5K on Castaway Cay and went to the parks for a couple of days afterwards, I didn't gain as much weight as I did in the past on these cruises, which was a nice surprise when I got home. :) And we also LOVED Star Wars weekends. Queen Amidala kept talking about how handy our R2 Units are, as our son had his R2 shirt on and we had bought one of those R2D2 popcorns.

Does anyone know it the medical emergency in the middle of the night turned out ok?

That scared the crap out of me too! lol. I didn't know what it meant but if it was broadcasted into everyone's cabin at 4:30 am, it couldn't be good.

We had the same seating and rotation - we were table 63 and had Igor (who seemed a bit condescending :( ) and Rachel (whom we loved) as our server and assistant.

We had the same seating and rotation - we were table 63 and had Igor (who seemed a bit condescending :( ) and Rachel (whom we loved) as our server and assistant.

Was Rachel from the UK?

If so, I kept running into her at breakfast most mornings (I preferred the sit-down to Topsiders) and always enjoyed chatting with her. One morning her tables were empty so she came over to help serve and visit. Very nice and charming young lady.

Our server and assistant were good and we enjoyed them. Yana started using crayons to create brain-puzzlers (turn 5 squares into 4 with the removal of only a single crayon type things) for my two young-adult children, which gave them something to do. Much to Yana's surprise they usually solved them in a few minutes (about the time it took him to get the next course).

Was Rachel from the UK?

If so, I kept running into her at breakfast most mornings (I preferred the sit-down to Topsiders) and always enjoyed chatting with her. One morning her tables were empty so she came over to help serve and visit. Very nice and charming young lady.

Our server and assistant were good and we enjoyed them. Yana started using crayons to create brain-puzzlers (turn 5 squares into 4 with the removal of only a single crayon type things) for my two young-adult children, which gave them something to do. Much to Yana's surprise they usually solved them in a few minutes (about the time it took him to get the next course).

Yes! That was our Rachel. So sweet.

Rachel did one of those crayon puzzles with us - she was totally taken aback when Emily solved it in a completely different way than she had ever seen. It was pretty funny.

Yes! That was our Rachel. So sweet.

Rachel did one of those crayon puzzles with us - she was totally taken aback when Emily solved it in a completely different way than she had ever seen. It was pretty funny.

Lucky you to have Rachel. After she helped out at breakfast one morning, I wished she had been on our serving team. She was very engaging and DW liked her smile.

Jen and Chris also worked out one of the crayon puzzles differently. I don't remember which one as they did about 8 during the cruise.

Well it was back to work yesterday for Sarah and I. Back to reality...

It was so cool to meet everyone! We really enjoyed seeing people that we felt like we knew while on the cruise. We had a great time on this cruise and our trip to WDW after the cruise. After learning how early they kick you off of the ship last year on the Dream, we didn't want to end the trip on that note. It was quite depressing doing it that way last year. So the WDW part was a nice touch. We booked another cruise for May of next year on the Fantasy. We may move it as we had a hard time deciding on which cruise we wanted to go on (West Coast, Alaska, or 7 night eastern Caribbean). Next year will be out 10 year anniversary so we want to do a longer cruise.

I'm going to try to do a trip report (no promises).

It was such a trip meeting other folks from Gurnee! :)

A big thank you to whoever gave my older son the Level 1 Reader book of Pooh and Friends... he just read it for the second time nearly flawlessly and is seriously loving it! Woohoo! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter