The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

Almost finished packing...big suitcase is closed up and ready to go. 40lbs. I've been over the weight limit before and i'm not taking a chance, so I like to stay at least 10 lbs away from it. Little suitcase is almost done, just a few more things to add. These will be checked baggage, then I will have my backpack as my carryon which i'm in the process of packing. I hate packing carryons. I hate packing in general. I know I have way too much stuff but can't see taking anything out, and I always feel like i'm forgetting something, even though i've checked my list 1,000 times.

I have not done my FE gifts yet. Mostly because I made them on the computer (just had to print them) and the files were lost. So FE gifts will be slightly modified, I hope you all understand. I will still be participating, my gifts just won't be as elaborate as I wanted them to be.

So that's a big thing still to get done, plus getting all the eloctronics together (putting movies on the nook/jump drive, charging everything, putting new music on the ipods), and list of medications. All these last minute things!

Doesn't help I have a job interview tomorrow, and work tomorrow and wednesday.

Someone mentioned the weather...I'm crossing my fingers. It does not look good, especially for the time we are in disney so I hope that changes! Guess I better stock up on ponchos!

Oh and I wanted to tell everyone I will probably NOT be able to do the 3pm meet. I'm really at the mercy of the people in my party and I don't think they will go for it.

Oh and I wanted to tell everyone I will probably NOT be able to do the 3pm meet. I'm really at the mercy of the people in my party and I don't think they will go for it.

Just tell them you have to go to the bathroom or are thirsty or something and disappear for a half hour! You know you want to. Good luck on your interview!

Bring them with you! We'll be in a bar and they can enjoy a drink if they don't wish to socialize with us - or even if they do!

I managed to get it all I needed into one bag - except for my FE gifts....so now it looks like I'll have to take a small additional bag. Oh well....

I carry a travel scale with me so I can check the weight of my bags. I usually keep the weight to about 40 pounds as well. Makes it easier to move about, and gives me some leeway for any purchases along the way.

Good luck on the job interview!

I managed to get it all I needed into one bag - except for my FE gifts....so now it looks like I'll have to take a small additional bag. Oh well....

I carry a travel scale with me so I can check the weight of my bags. I usually keep the weight to about 40 pounds as well. Makes it easier to move about, and gives me some leeway for any purchases along the way.

Good luck on the job interview!

Same with me and my suitcase is only 3/4 full. i need to get a scale for my wife's suitcase:sad2: I'm sure she will be invading my suitcase soon!

You guys are great! :hug:
Yah actually they determined it was too big and actually blocking the ureter, causing him not to be able to pass any liquid, so they surgically removed it at around 11 this morning. He is being kept for monitoring overnight, and has a stent in til Thursday (even thinking about that makes me cross my legs! lol!) but I'm sure he'll be good as new! Even if he's not, I'll drag his butt around the boat! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers today... besides helping him, I think they actually got me through a VERY stressful day in the pharmacy too! Can't wait to meet all you fabulous people!!!

That's good news!:goodvibes

Wow, the weather forecast really varies depending on which website you look at. I've been checking weather.com, accuweather, weather underground and weatherbug. I guess what I've noticed in all of my travels to FL is that the weather ALWAYS has a chance of rain. I'm praying and crossing my fingers for a nice Key West day and a nice Castaway Cay day. I'm hopeful that the weather will be good for the whole trip.

The weather for our Disney World part of the trip looks bad, but I think that is too far out to put much stock into.

My experience with the weather down there is that you really can't trust it anymore that 48 hours out. Not like up here where it's a little easier to judge. I think the gulf and ocean play a big part in that.

Hello, my name is Pam, and I'm an over-packer....

Sheesh! Less than 18 hours before we head out and I keep thinking of one more thing to bring along! Somebody please stop me!! Thank goodnes we're driving down and don't have to worry about luggage weight. I have a total of 5 in our family, including the 3 teenage boys. They can make do with 3 tshirts for 7 days (but I don't think the other guests would appreciate that). Biggest problem is both my middle son and I are planning on running the 5K, so that means along with our regular walking sneakers, we're bringing our running shoes as well (I can't run in my other shoes and I don't use my good running shoes for just walking around). Anyway, I hope to make it to the 3pm meet to say hello to everyone, even though I've just been lurking.

Happy and Safe travels to everyone!!

why is it that when you are preparing for a trip time flies, but those last couple of days before you leave, when you are all ready to go, time comes to a complete standstill

You guys are great! :hug:
Yah actually they determined it was too big and actually blocking the ureter, causing him not to be able to pass any liquid, so they surgically removed it at around 11 this morning. He is being kept for monitoring overnight, and has a stent in til Thursday (even thinking about that makes me cross my legs! lol!) but I'm sure he'll be good as new! Even if he's not, I'll drag his butt around the boat! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers today... besides helping him, I think they actually got me through a VERY stressful day in the pharmacy too! Can't wait to meet all you fabulous people!!!

Wonderful news!!!! So happy for ALL of you. :)

Random question, if anyone is still around...
I read everywhere you need a list of medications. That doesn't include over-the-counter stuff I'm bringing with, right? I cleared off the shelves at my store, I think I have enough BandAids for everyone on the boat. And Bonine. And Benadryl. And Sudafed. And ginger gum. And Pepsid Complete. And Immodium.

Party on Deck 7 ::yes::

Random question, if anyone is still around...
I read everywhere you need a list of medications. That doesn't include over-the-counter stuff I'm bringing with, right? I cleared off the shelves at my store, I think I have enough BandAids for everyone on the boat. And Bonine. And Benadryl. And Sudafed. And ginger gum. And Pepsid Complete. And Immodium.

Party on Deck 7 ::yes::

That is correct.

DCL won't ask you for a list unless you have a medical emergency. I think most people just keep all the prescription drugs together and give them the bottle (or whatever) as it provides all the necessary information: Medication, dosage, doctor's name and contact information, pharmancy name and contact information, and the prescription number. The list is helpful if for any reason you lose your medication and need to replace it immediately so they can see what you need.

OTC are OK. However, if you have a medical emergency the medical staff will want to know what you've taken in case of an overdose, negative reaction to a new medication, or a bad interaction with another medication (including OTC).

Sir Banana Man, do you know how helpful you are? Thank you so much!

Ok I thought I was done but I have another question. (Side note: tried to prepare the in-laws as much as possible by printing out all this info I've learned from you and the boards, packing lists, etc. and mailing it to all of them. My sis in law, I believe, hasn't read a word.) Mom, dad, grandma flying in from PA. Sis lives here in Myrtle but is on their reservation in their room.

So Stacey, sis in law, has her luggage tags that her mom gave her and the one sheet you print out with signatures of everyone "ok"ing the on-board account and wave phone waiver. She does NOT, however, have the little booklet that the tags came in, my mom in law in PA has that. Does she necessarily need that booklet? She doesn't have to worry about ground transfers or air info, she's traveling by car with us.

If this makes any sense to anyone could you reassure me that she won't be stuck in the port?

P.S. Father in law still in the hospital. Surgery went ok... but he's so distended from the air pumped in his stomach that he's miserable, he can't "pass it" (if you get my drift), and they haven't discharged him yet. Please send some pixie dust his way that he gets out tomorrow and can join us!!!

Sir Banana Man, do you know how helpful you are? Thank you so much!

So Stacey, sis in law, has her luggage tags that her mom gave her and the one sheet you print out with signatures of everyone "ok"ing the on-board account and wave phone waiver. She does NOT, however, have the little booklet that the tags came in, my mom in law in PA has that. Does she necessarily need that booklet? She doesn't have to worry about ground transfers or air info, she's traveling by car with us.

I'm assuming SIL is checking in separately from MIL?

She won't need the booklet. She will need the on-line check-in form to turn in when she actually checks in (however, she doesn't even need that as they have extra forms at check-in). It helps to have the reservation number when checking in (at the airport or terminal) but not even that is required as they can search by name.

Caveat: I don't remember if DCL requires the entire group (on a single reservation) to check in at the same time or not.

I'm assuming SIL is checking in separately from MIL?

She won't need the booklet. She will need the on-line check-in form to turn in when she actually checks in (however, she doesn't even need that as they have extra forms at check-in). It helps to have the reservation number when checking in (at the airport or terminal) but not even that is required as they can search by name.

Caveat: I don't remember if DCL requires the entire group (on a single reservation) to check in at the same time or not.

Yah me, husband, SIL driving in from SC Thursday/Friday... MIL, FIL (hopefully),GMaIL flying down Fri AM and taking bus transfer to Port. I have reservation #s and everything written down for both our parties.

If they need the whole party no biggie we'll just wait for them.

THANK YOU again for your help! Safe travels and I'll see ya Friday!

Yah me, husband, SIL driving in from SC Thursday/Friday... MIL, FIL (hopefully),GMaIL flying down Fri AM and taking bus transfer to Port. I have reservation #s and everything written down for both our parties.

If they need the whole party no biggie we'll just wait for them.

THANK YOU again for your help! Safe travels and I'll see ya Friday!

See you Friday! We're flying down tomorrow night after my daughter gets off work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter