The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
may I ask then what is the proper protocol?

I think thus far all of us have been answering questions posted to the best of our abilities.
What is considered minimum...and what is considered going haywire?

The mods have mentioned that if this starts to become a chat thread it will be moved to the community board. This thread should be about resort planning at AKL.

You are also free to start a thread to chat about the resort on the community board.

The mods have mentioned that if this starts to become a chat thread it will be moved to the community board. This thread should be about resort planning at AKL.

You are also free to start a thread to chat about the resort on the community board.

Then might we just get the "old" Jambo thread moved over to the community board and reopened? Since that was it's general "bent" anyway? Talking about the resort?

I mean, I have to say...I think the resorts board is more appropriate for that type of discussion, because ultimately it becomes a great planning tool which provides the ability for people to ask other "real people" questions about the resort and get a variety of opinions and perspectives. But I do agree the mods have final say in what should go where.

Ultimately, though, why reinvent the wheel? The Jambo thread was one of the most widely posted to threads in the resorts forum.....could it just be moved over so the posters who "dwelled" there can continue to use it? And maybe the "official" (or unofficial...whichever it is) FAQ could contain a link to it?

Just my humble suggestion and 2 cents.

I don't have a problem with reopening the old thread if the OP on that thread agrees to it.

The problem with chatting in a resort thread is the people that come looking for resort information and have to wade through posts just chatting. There may be a gem of information in the post but that is a lot of posts to look through.

good idea...many faithful followers to that thread.

I do think the separate FAQ thread is great, for newbies who want quick info.

Then might we just get the "old" Jambo thread moved over to the community board and reopened? Since that was it's general "bent" anyway? Talking about the resort?

I mean, I have to say...I think the resorts board is more appropriate for that type of discussion, because ultimately it becomes a great planning tool which provides the ability for people to ask other "real people" questions about the resort and get a variety of opinions and perspectives. But I do agree the mods have final say in what should go where.

Ultimately, though, why reinvent the wheel? The Jambo thread was one of the most widely posted to threads in the resorts forum.....could it just be moved over so the posters who "dwelled" there can continue to use it? And maybe the "official" (or unofficial...whichever it is) FAQ could contain a link to it?

I think that's a GREAT idea! :thumbsup2

I don't have a problem with reopening the old thread if the OP on that thread agrees to it.

The problem with chatting in a resort thread is the people that come looking for resort information and have to wade through posts just chatting. There may be a gem of information in the post but that is a lot of posts to look through.

Understandable. And even though some of the best sources of info will probably be the posters in the Jambo thread (assuming it reopens), at least those who venture there looking for info will know what they're getting into....

Someone PM kimmar and see if she's OK with reopening the thread on the community board. I hope she is!

I think it woudl be great to keep the other open as a chat thread. I agree that there was a lot of great info in there but really hard to find among all the chatter. the chatter is great to read when you want a little more insight but we definately need the FAQ's one for a more to the point thread.

I think it woudl be great to keep the other open as a chat thread. I agree that there was a lot of great info in there but really hard to find among all the chatter. the chatter is great to read when you want a little more insight but we definately need the FAQ's one for a more to the point thread.

I don't disagree, entirely. It was a VERY long thread. A victim of it's own popularity, informativeness, and dual nature.

We had that before (one FAQ thread, and the Jambo thread)...but the FAQ thread pretty much "died" and was left unattended. You'd see one post every month or so from someone who would stumble across it with a question. That's why everyone came to the Jambo thread to get their questions answered: It was active and the regular participants knew the resort and visited often, so people got responses (something that wasn't true of the old FAQ thread because it would quickly drop off the page), and got them rather quickly.

In addition, they got VERY recent info, by and large, rather than some of the the outdated stuff that was in the old FAQ...like the concierge views at the hotel being mixed (they're not anymore) or the outdated list of activities (they've changed quite a bit since the old FAQ was listed). The old FAQ didn't even TOUCH on the DVC piece of the resort. And no FAQ can really provide the varying perspectives that a good sized group of frequent guests will provide on varying aspects of the resort.

I think there's room for both threads. And if the more "Verbose" Jambo thread needs to be in the community section, in the mods opinion, so be it.

Ummm, kimmar's thread was closed on page "666"....'nuff said!! lol
That's not a good thing right?? I enjoyed reading it but could not keep up. It was too busy trying to get by all of the regular posters and a lot of long signatures. I think it's wonderful that so many people love AKL, as I do. I enjoyed reading it and seeing all the new information. I also hope that anyone who can help answers the questions on this thread, will come over since I don't know everything and up-to-date info is always wanted. I remember tryign tomplan my first stay at AKL and that thread helped a lot. Now I started a thread where all the great info gets updated to the first thread as often as I can.

So if you see a question in the initial thread, please IM me or post the answer so I can update the answer. Also the same applies if something changes and you find out about it first or before it is listed. Thank you!

Oh, I meant that is was like a bad omen....not a good thing.....to see the end of it:(
Hopefully the new thread will work out for those who need the facts, just the facts, :)

I think the idea of having two AKL threads going is great, so another vote for reopening the Jambo thread as a thread for lively discussions and this thread as a "proper" FAQ thread. However, I would then suggest to rename this thread as the "official" FAQ because that's what it is!

Sorry for posting off topic, I just thought I needed to show support for the idea!

Thanks for starting a new thread Kimmar! I was so sad when I saw the other one was closed! I didn't post a whole lot - but I was a faithful lurker!! :) The info. at the top is great. :thumbsup2

....I DIDN'T start a new thread - however, one of the Mods deemed it necessary to place MY information in the middle of this thread, for whatever reasons they had.

If you prefer to continue DISing on the old "JAMBO!..." thread, I will be posting a link to that, since it will be moving over to the CB....ALL ARE WELCOME!

ZD's for EVERYBODY!!!....

Thank you1 We now have an un-Official thread for questions and answers.

safari.jpg

From the Sunrise Safari! Well worth the adventure! It included a great breakfast buffet to. I took it last September. The safari is different than the park ride as you set out very early in the morning at a nice slow pace, no jargon about hunters and stuff, plenty of time to ask the park gudies and time to take photos. My ride took well over an hour:)

....I DIDN'T start a new thread - however, one of the Mods deemed it necessary to place MY information in the middle of this thread, for whatever reasons they had.

If you prefer to continue DISing on the old "JAMBO!..." thread, I will be posting a link to that, since it will be moving over to the CB....ALL ARE WELCOME!

ZD's for EVERYBODY!!!....

Well, I'm confused (wasn't Jambo Jr. a new thread?), but if it's moving over there then I'll follow along! I have to say that I got tons of information from the Jambo thread -and it was worth reading through all 500 pages (it was at 500 when I started). Took a bit of time but I feel like I know the resort so well, even though I haven't been there yet. So I'm glad that it will continue - and I hope there will be a link to it in the Resort Board. :3dglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter