• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I am a long time lurker (I booked our trip last fall). I am super excited, as we are planning a surprise family trip including our daughters (ages 6 and 3) and my parents! Needless to say the entire trip has been catered around grandparents and young kids.

Since it is entirely possibly my parents or kids will be too pooped during the evening, we have SPLURGED for MK Views! I will be absolutely crushed (and probably really, really mad) if there is ANYTHING obstructing my view!

Everything I have read, indicates MK Views are completely unobstructed. If there is any bushes, trees, etc... it is LV.

Please tell me I dont have to worry about this. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Dreaming of my SURPRISE Dream trip Nov 8-14th

I confess I have never splurged for a MK view and I could understand that you would be upset if it was obstructed. I would absolutely say something if you do find the view obstructed because that isn't what you paid for. But the reason I am responding is because I have seen too many people (myself included) get upset at Disney World over 'things'. Do you have a right? Um, yes! But don't let it ruin your vacation. I've heard great things about MK views so don't fret too much. If it is an issue when you are there, let the hotel know and frankly - let them take care of it! You enjoy your surprise vacation with your children and the grandparents! :wizard:

WOW this resort looks absolutely fabulous, is it as awesome as it looks? Also, what is your favorite building? Fiji, Tahiti? Etc., thanks for that bit of info.

WOW this resort looks absolutely fabulous, is it as awesome as it looks? Also, what is your favorite building? Fiji, Tahiti? Etc., thanks for that bit of info.

My favorite building constantly changes... :rotfl2:

My last trip we stayed in Rarotonga, and I really enjoyed that. I also like Tokelau. Have stayed in Hawaii and Tahiti the other times.

polynesianview.jpg

Thanks Mare, is this your favorite resort at WDW in general? What did you like about the last building you stayed at? Thanks again. Interested in details if you care to give, strongly considering making this the new home base for the next trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mare, is this your favorite resort at WDW in general? What did you like about the last building you stayed at? Thanks again. Interested in details if you care to give, strongly considering making this the new home base for the next trip! :thumbsup2

Well, to be fair to all of the other resorts, I've only mainly stayed at this resort. Did a couple of nights at Contemporary a long time ago. But that should tell you that I love it enough to NOT go anywhere else!

I do read the threads where people complain about various things (housekeeping, noise), and I have stayed Concierge, Lagoon view (before they had MK view) and Garden View, and have never experienced any of those problems.

I think I liked Rarotonga because of it's closeness to the GCH. Our room was facing the Garden side, so we were close to the quiet pool, which i LOVE. Plus it's only a few minutes walk to the boat dock, which we use everytime we go to MK. It's SO relaxing!!! All part of the Disney Magic...

Tokelau I enjoyed for the same reasons...it's a centrally located house, plus it's pretty close to the TTK, which is great for Epcot monorail, and I tend to use TTK for busses too...it's a nice walk.

:yay:

Mare are the Fiji, Tahiti and the rest, etc., buildings all themed differently? Or are they very similar?

Tokelau I enjoyed for the same reasons...it's a centrally located house, plus it's pretty close to the TTK, which is great for Epcot monorail, and I tend to use TTK for busses too...it's a nice walk.

:yay:

Does this mean you picked up buses from TTC to other parks? What was the wait time like when you did this?

After reading your opinions on Rarotonga its making it hard to pick a building that we might prefer. So far we have picked Tuvalu, Aerotearoa and Tokelau (all for GV) and now Rarotonga is creeping up in there :goodvibes

Does this mean you picked up buses from TTC to other parks? What was the wait time like when you did this?

After reading your opinions on Rarotonga its making it hard to pick a building that we might prefer. So far we have picked Tuvalu, Aerotearoa and Tokelau (all for GV) and now Rarotonga is creeping up in there :goodvibes

The thing with the busses, I don't know this for certain, but it always seemed like there were MORE of them at TTC then what came to Poly...and they seemed to be more frequent there? Could have been my imagination though...

Yeah, it's tough to pick a building. Part of me wants to put in a request, the other part tells me to wait, we have NEVER had a bad building, sometimes surprises are nice....the only thing I ask for (personal preference) is 1st floor....

:cutie: can't wait!!!

^^^ sounds intriguing, might have to try that at least once, with regards to the buses that is.

Part of me wants to be surprised too with regards to the rooms as this is our first time and Poly and we are just so happy to be there that any LH would be good because they all look fab. I wouldn't mind a balcony though, would be nice to sit outside in the evenings and reflect on the day :) Question, what views do some of the balcony GV rooms have, in any LH?

Hmm . . . I just got off the phone making our ressie (GV) and requested Fiji, 3rd floor, marina side. The very nice lady helping me said that was actually considered a lagoon view, but she'd put Fiji, 3rd floor (so we could get the luau cove side). She said I could certainly ask at check-in, though. I thought all of Fiji was GV? Does anyone know for sure? (Of course, it's just a request, so it may not even pan out, anyway.) :confused3

Also, when I printed our ressie, it has (PB) next to Garden View. Does that mean anything?

TIA! :flower3:

Hmm . . . I just got off the phone making our ressie (GV) and requested Fiji, 3rd floor, marina side. The very nice lady helping me said that was actually considered a lagoon view, but she'd put Fiji, 3rd floor (so we could get the luau cove side). She said I could certainly ask at check-in, though. I thought all of Fiji was GV? Does anyone know for sure? (Of course, it's just a request, so it may not even pan out, anyway.) :confused3

Also, when I printed our ressie, it has (PB) next to Garden View. Does that mean anything?

Can't explain the (PB) notation. But according to Tikiman all of Fiji is GV, unless they have recently reclassed some of the rooms. :confused3 It is possible you had an ill-informed CM. One time I had a CM that had no idea how to spell Tokelau and asked me if I could spell it out for her. :sad2: If you really want the marina view maybe call back and hope for a more knowledgable CM.

Hmm . . . I just got off the phone making our ressie (GV) and requested Fiji, 3rd floor, marina side.

Can't speak to the PB designation. But we had Fiji marina ground floor as a GV. It was our request and I was tickled to get it.

Can't explain the (PB) notation. But according to Tikiman all of Fiji is GV, unless they have recently reclassed some of the rooms. :confused3 It is possible you had an ill-informed CM. One time I had a CM that had no idea how to spell Tokelau and asked me if I could spell it out for her. :sad2: If you really want the marina view maybe call back and hope for a more knowledgable CM.

Can't speak to the PB designation. But we had Fiji marina ground floor as a GV. It was our request and I was tickled to get it.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup2 I think I'll call back tomorrow to see if I can put the "marina side" back in the request. That's what we really were hoping for (although the luau cove side looks nice).

:surfweb:
I'm gonna take a guess:teacher: and suggest that PB means "preferred building"
I'd like to add (in case you aren't aware) that all of the rooms with the exception of Tonga (suites) and pretty much the same...so any long house will more than meet your expectations. As for garden view, most of the long houses have a view of the quiet pool and, of course, beautiful plants and foliage every where. Personally, I've found that I prefer the garden views over the lagoon views. For me, it is more serene and tropical.
The only building I've stayed in is Hawaii (club level). But I have had friends there at the same time as I and their buildings were just as nice as Hawaii. The only difference is the lounge in Hawaii.
Bottom line for me is....ANY building at Poly would make me happy. The place is just so beautiful that I'd be happy sleeping on the beach if that was all that was available.
Have a wonderful vacation and make a wish across seven seas lagoon for me as I will be there in a month or so and time seems to be standing still while I wait

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I stayed at Wilderness Lodge in June '09 and loved it, but hoping to stay at the Polynesian in Jan or Feb 2010 so we can be on the monorail route.

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I stayed at Wilderness Lodge in June '09 and loved it, but hoping to stay at the Polynesian in Jan or Feb 2010 so we can be on the monorail route.

There are lots of PROs to the Poly but the #1 benefit to staying here is being on the monorail line AND being walking distance to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot.

Everyone has their top benefits for this resort, but being on the monorail line does not disappoint!

stefy - when we stayed at the Poly two years ago, we didn't specifically request anything. We paid for the MK view, but that was it. And the location was lovely. The only thing I would have requested in hindsight would have been a ground floor room because our kids spent several hours playing in the field of grass right in front of the longhouse and it would have been nice to be on the first floor for easier access and bathroom breaks. We were in Aotearoa and had a clear view of Wishes and the EWP from our balcony.

I just checked into the Poly. We are going to be staying for the Labor Day weekend.

There was no line to check in at all. I had requested Fiji, 1st floor. She said that my request was granted, but the room was not ready now. She did say that they had other rooms available right then to get into, but since I had to go back to work till afternoon, and the kids are still in school, I decided to keep what we had and let others who needed a room immediatly get them and keep the requested room.

She did say it was Fiji-1st floor-facing marina. We had booked Garden View with an AP discount.

I'll report back on the room and resort on Monday, as I won't be taking a computer back to the hotel when we get our room this afternoon.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter