• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asked my TA to book a week at the Poly for next Dec. CL with a lagoon view. Just booking room only so we can hopefully get the AAA discount and then see what comes out as far as codes are concerned. I know it's about 14 months away, but still felt a bit like this guy. :cool1:

Do they still have a hair wrap stand? I told my daughter about it, and now I just want to make sure it is there. Anyone know how much $ it costs, her hair is LONG! Thanks!

YES! We are just back yesterday...the cost is $2 an inch-it starts pretty close to the scalp..then an additional cost for the beads on the bottom. It's located by the volcano pool!

YES! We are just back yesterday...the cost is $2 an inch-it starts pretty close to the scalp..then an additional cost for the beads on the bottom. It's located by the volcano pool!
I think my older daughter would love that! How was your trip? I'm sort of jealous and sort of not, considering I'm not a fan of Florida summer temps...

I think my older daughter would love that! How was your trip? I'm sort of jealous and sort of not, considering I'm not a fan of Florida summer temps...

I bet she would too! My daughter had it done a few trips back....I hear you on the weather-we are from NY & it's terrible the heat & humidity but this trip only 2 days were wicked. We did have a great trip-we even tried to extend it a day or 2 but the airline wanted $150 per ticket plus the cost difference of the flights...with that we could have a start of saving for the next trip!!!! We stayed CL for the 1st time & the staff were WONDERFUL...I so hope to be able to stay again -I love going in our winter but too hard now to take the kids out of school...hoping to hit the lottery!!! Are you planning a trip soon?

:rotfl:OK, just noticed your ticker...a month to go!!!:yay:
I'm taking my mom and kids next month when we go to F&W. The big Poly trip is going to be three families and that's scheduled for next Dec. I like to plan ahead. :goodvibes
We're going to be staying CL for the first time next trip. I'm really excited about it!

I'm taking my mom and kids next month when we go to F&W. The big Poly trip is going to be three families and that's scheduled for next Dec. I like to plan ahead. :goodvibes
We're going to be staying CL for the first time next trip. I'm really excited about it!

I thought it was great. Being the 1st time, we didn't have anything to compare it too before. I have read here about how the service has declined but like I said it was great & the staff was WONDERFUL. Chef Dick is amazing the way he carves the fruit & veggies into things. Nothing like planning too far in advance that way you can save for it too!!!!:goodvibes

I thought it was great. Being the 1st time, we didn't have anything to compare it too before. I have read here about how the service has declined but like I said it was great & the staff was WONDERFUL. Chef Dick is amazing the way he carves the fruit & veggies into things. Nothing like planning too far in advance that way you can save for it too!!!!:goodvibes
I've also never stayed club level anywhere, so I don't have any experiences for comparison. Before I went on my honeymoon, the requirement was cheap and good locks on the doors (and hope for dim lighting because what you don't know won't hurt you). I still remembering looking in the closet when I was on my honeymoon and saying "look, honey, there's a robe in here! Imagine that!" He laughed like mad.

I've also never stayed club level anywhere, so I don't have any experiences for comparison. Before I went on my honeymoon, the requirement was cheap and good locks on the doors (and hope for dim lighting because what you don't know won't hurt you). I still remembering looking in the closet when I was on my honeymoon and saying "look, honey, there's a robe in here! Imagine that!" He laughed like mad.

I'm sure you will enjoy it!! If you don't like it, just don't stay there again-but you never know until you try! Have a great trip!!!!:goodvibes

I bet she would too! My daughter had it done a few trips back....I hear you on the weather-we are from NY & it's terrible the heat & humidity but this trip only 2 days were wicked. We did have a great trip-we even tried to extend it a day or 2 but the airline wanted $150 per ticket plus the cost difference of the flights...with that we could have a start of saving for the next trip!!!! We stayed CL for the 1st time & the staff were WONDERFUL...I so hope to be able to stay again -I love going in our winter but too hard now to take the kids out of school...hoping to hit the lottery!!! Are you planning a trip soon?

I would love to know what the night selections in CL were during your trip. I have heard that some changes may have been made from the menu that is on the first page of this thread. Any help would be much appreciated

We have finally decided that we are going next year and are staying at the Poly for the very first time. Am so excited as we love the Poly and can't believe we are going to get to stay there :yay::yay::yay:

:surfweb:
Good morning everyone!
It's almost been a year since I last visited my beloved :love: Poly board.
I had an opportunity to make an impromptu trip to The World last Nov. However, Poly couldn't accomodate my last minute reservations. So, I took what was available at Pop. And although it isn't my beloved :love: Poly, I was pleasantly surprised at the service and accomodations at Pop.
Finally, my dream of another CL vacation at Poly is going to be realized and I'm smiling :cloud9: at the thoughts of bringing a newbee.
I've missed all you dissers and the wonderful experiences you all share about your trips and Poly experiences
J R

:surfweb:
Good morning everyone!
It's almost been a year since I last visited my beloved :love: Poly board.
I had an opportunity to make an impromptu trip to The World last Nov. However, Poly couldn't accomodate my last minute reservations. So, I took what was available at Pop. And although it isn't my beloved :love: Poly, I was pleasantly surprised at the service and accomodations at Pop.
Finally, my dream of another CL vacation at Poly is going to be realized and I'm smiling :cloud9: at the thoughts of bringing a newbee.
I've missed all you dissers and the wonderful experiences you all share about your trips and Poly experiences
J R

Welcome back J R! :banana:

What do people think of the tourch lighting ceremony? Is it worth catching?

DH & I plan on hanging at the pool day 1 & then going over to DTD in the evening. We have a 7p for Paradiso 37. Is it worth staying for the ceremony then going to dinner? Or should we just skip it & head over to DTD? And when is the ceremony usually (the Poly's web site doesn't seem to list a time). Can we even make our reservation if we wait for the show?

Good Morning!
Well our day is here. We leave this afternoon, but our flight gets in late so we are spending the night at Pop before moving over to the Poly bright and early tomorrow morning.:goodvibes

I will post some live reports while we are there

Thanks to everyone for all the invaluable Poly tips :yay:

Hiya everyone! :yay:

Wow, look at my ticker...time is flying by :thumbsup2

With school starting and my parents preparing to move out of their home of 30+ years, I am soooo busy.

I know some people are coming back soon, so welcome back, we can't wait to hear about your trip.

To the next wave of Poly lovers getting ready to go. I hope you have lots of pixiedust:

And to those who just booked WOOHOO! :cool1::cool1: Congrats! Have fun planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter