• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering the same thing! My phone usually dings multiple times a day with my Poly thread announcements!

Maybe everyone else are on vacation? We just got back on Monday. It took me awhile to catch up. Now it has come to a screeching halt! I have such a long time before I get to experience the Poly magic again that I have to have my Poly fix.

It's hard to get over the post-trip blues :sad1:

Here's a pic ~ the Polynesian is always there waiting for us!!

DSC03382.jpg

Hi everyone!

It'll be our first time at the Poly this Oct. I'm so very excited and I have no one to share my excitement with!!!

I try to tell people at work but they just can't relate!!!:confused3

Nothing can get me down these days....all I do is think about my upcoming vacay and the Poly and I get excited!!!!:banana:

:dance3:

Maybe that's because we all know everything already!?:teacher:

:rotfl:

Wow! We are staying CLGV and I am so happy with that, but seeing this view makes me want to stay LV.:rolleyes1

Any room category at the Poly is great - but I have stayed GV CL once and LV CL once and that view is the best on property... add the lounge and staff and you have a real winning combination :wizard: From now on I will probably do either GV or LVCL - nothing in between!
Put LVCL on your To Do List ;)

..Until out first experience at the Poly....Looking forward to it.

Hi everyone!

It'll be our first time at the Poly this Oct. I'm so very excited and I have no one to share my excitement with!!!

I try to tell people at work but they just can't relate!!!:confused3

Nothing can get me down these days....all I do is think about my upcoming vacay and the Poly and I get excited!!!!:banana:

:dance3:

I know just how you feel - no one here gets why I'm so excited so early. To me this isn't early, its practically here!!! Its our first time at the Poly too, and our first trip since 2001! Hopefully everyone will have so much fun they will want to go back often. Thanks to everyone on these boards, we have so many awesome things planned (including plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Poly), I'm sure it won't take much arm twisting to get my family back again! Here's hoping anyway!:goodvibes

Hi
I have a question for all you experienced club level folks. How crowded does the lounge get during the 5-7 evening service? We stayed at AKL last August and found that if we went right around 5, it was somewhat of a feeding frenzy and there were no tables to even sit at, so we ususally held off until about 6:00ish and it was much more relaxing. Just wondering what it is like at the Poly lounge? Thanks :)

SuAnne

I have been on these boards for months, and luckily for me, our Poly trip is just 2 weeks away - with a week at CBR before that. The great thing about these boards is that they become part of the trip!!!! Enjoy - planning is half the fun!

Hi
I have a question for all you experienced club level folks. How crowded does the lounge get during the 5-7 evening service? We stayed at AKL last August and found that if we went right around 5, it was somewhat of a feeding frenzy and there were no tables to even sit at, so we ususally held off until about 6:00ish and it was much more relaxing. Just wondering what it is like at the Poly lounge? Thanks :)

SuAnne

That can be the case at the Polynesian as well. It depends on the time of year and crowd levels. That said, we have always been able to find a spot the sit and usually prefer the area on the third floor since it is more adult oriented. That seems to be a location few people consider.

The crowd does tend to clear as the evening wears on, unless it is a rainy evening. Rainy evenings tend to bring many folks to the lounge to wait it out.

Hey Bill,
That reminds me that we are going to be there at the same time. We should say hi!
Sean

I should be easy to spot..I will be the guy getting yelled at by his wife for stuff that's not his fault or even has control over...:rotfl:

Counting down during the last few days is torture!! Especially since I have already checked in online and confirmed that my request for a ground floor is noted....now I :rolleyes:sit and wait.

So tell me, past CL Poly'ers.....whats this punch I have heard a little about? Does the lounge serve it all day or only during the evening? Tell me your favorite things that you've had served and about any exceptional CM's you've encountered during your stays

Counting down during the last few days is torture!! Especially since I have already checked in online and confirmed that my request for a ground floor is noted....now I :rolleyes:sit and wait.

So tell me, past CL Poly'ers.....whats this punch I have heard a little about? Does the lounge serve it all day or only during the evening? Tell me your favorite things that you've had served and about any exceptional CM's you've encountered during your stays

Ku'ulei's Punch is fruity delicious! She gave me the recipe once, but I have misplaced it. It has wine/champagne in it and fruit juice. Actually, the recipe was very similar to another friend's punch which he had dubbed "Fatman's Punch". That particular punch contained red wine, sauterne, champagne, and a fruit juice (very little juice ;) ). Ku'ulei is no longer in the lounge, but you can visit with her up front near the check-in area--wonderful gal.

The CL has far too many outstanding CMs to list, and I know I will forget someone, but a few we've come to appreciate over the years: Dick (obviously--everybody loves our Chef Dick), Yvette, Barb, Nierita (and I know I am making a mess of spelling that one :( ), David, Kathy, Lawrence, Nina, Awilda (Mousekeeping), and Allison. I know I'm missing people, but you may be seeing some of these folks when you visit.

Isn't it tough waiting out those last few days/hours. . .have a blast! :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous of those who are going so soon! We booked LAST Aug to go THIS December. Although I am thrilled to have less than 5 mos now to go! :rotfl2:

Just wondering if most of you tip Mousekeeping and if you do it each day or all at once? I'm thinking daily since my guess is that the Mousekeepers change, right?

Anyone had We Go Shop deliver to the Poly? Do they deliver before you arrive (and Poly holds it) or they schedule delivery for after you check in?

How long does it take to take the Monorail from Poly to GF for dinner and Contemporary at breakfast time?

THANKS!

Ku'ulei's Punch is fruity delicious! She gave me the recipe once, but I have misplaced it. It has wine/champagne in it and fruit juice. Actually, the recipe was very similar to another friend's punch which he had dubbed "Fatman's Punch". That particular punch contained red wine, sauterne, champagne, and a fruit juice (very little juice ;) ). Ku'ulei is no longer in the lounge, but you can visit with her up front near the check-in area--wonderful gal.

The CL has far too many outstanding CMs to list, and I know I will forget someone, but a few we've come to appreciate over the years: Dick (obviously--everybody loves our Chef Dick), Yvette, Barb, Nierita (and I know I am making a mess of spelling that one :( ), David, Kathy, Lawrence, Nina, Awilda (Mousekeeping), and Allison. I know I'm missing people, but you may be seeing some of these folks when you visit.

Isn't it tough waiting out those last few days/hours. . .have a blast! :thumbsup2

Ok, so the punch is different from the Lilikoi juice??? I am getting more excited by the minute!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter