The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lissiesmum :wave2:

When you scroll over your image, highlight the img code that appears. Copy and paste that into your post. You can preview your post to be sure your photo appears :)

Here's a few more...I took so many, but I was trying to post some that maybe some of you haven't seen too many times!

I love this one of the pool. I took it on our last day on the way to 'Ohana, right before 8am:
WDWPolynesiantripApril2009609.jpg

My daughter calls this guy the "fire guy". I loved seeing this, he was very good and supposedly new to the ceremony.
WDWPolynesiantripApril2009583.jpg

I took this one from the Grand Floridian when we were at the campfire:
WDWPolynesiantripApril2009412.jpg

I loved this tree. In the background is the quiet pool with Hawaii in the back.
WDWPolynesiantripApril2009376.jpg

Another shrubbery picture. I just loved the grounds. This is right next to the Volcano pool.
WDWPolynesiantripApril2009020.jpg

That's it for now, maybe I'll upload some more. If anyone has any requests, I can see what else I have :)

lissiesmum -- I love the photos! Thanks for posting them. The gardens at the Poly are so beautiful!!! Your photos really make me want to go back to the Poly today. It just looks so relaxing and peaceful there.:)

I don't think the room was all that bad -- but then I didn't have to stay in it for a week -- it's hard to tell from the picutre. Have you seen some of the rooftop photos of the WL or the service entries to some of the resorts? Although, if it wasn't an upgrade, I might have asked to move. But at least you were looking at a pretty tree and had lots (and lots!) of privacy. :)

Love the pics! Yes, that certainly was a "Garden" view :rotfl:

This one is heavenly :cloud9:

Thanks, Johnsonet!

lissiesmum -- I love the photos! Thanks for posting them. The gardens at the Poly are so beautiful!!! Your photos really make me want to go back to the Poly today. It just looks so relaxing and peaceful there.:)

I don't think the room was all that bad -- but then I didn't have to stay in it for a week -- it's hard to tell from the picutre. Have you seen some of the rooftop photos of the WL or the service entries to some of the resorts? Although, if it wasn't an upgrade, I might have asked to move. But at least you were looking at a pretty tree and had lots (and lots!) of privacy. :)

Thanks mmmears! I'm glad you liked them. I think only Poly lovers can appreciate them like we do! I showed my family all of my Poly pictures, and I couldn't get enough of looking at all of them, and everyone else got bored fairly quickly, thinking they all looked "the same". :rotfl:

I definitely got used to the room. At night, I could sort of see a torch lit when the wind was blowing, and at least I didn't have a rooftop or service entrance view. I'll take a tree view at the Poly any day, and besides, it was a free upgrade so I didn't want to complain. Had I paid for it though, I definitely would have asked for another room. My DD and I are talking about our next trip to the Poly, and I am trying to prepare her for life without concierge and she is not happy about it. The fact that she cannot have her croissants, chocolate milk and choco chip cookies (plus the fireworks in the lounge at night) whenever she wants is not settling well with her. Spoiled at four years old! I'm going to keep playing Powerball and hope for a miracle, otherwise, we'll have to just settle for walking to Capt Cooks and putting our choco milks in the little fridge and buying our cookies there!

Thanks, Johnsonet!

Thanks mmmears! I'm glad you liked them. I think only Poly lovers can appreciate them like we do! I showed my family all of my Poly pictures, and I couldn't get enough of looking at all of them, and everyone else got bored fairly quickly, thinking they all looked "the same". :rotfl:

I definitely got used to the room. At night, I could sort of see a torch lit when the wind was blowing, and at least I didn't have a rooftop or service entrance view. I'll take a tree view at the Poly any day, and besides, it was a free upgrade so I didn't want to complain. Had I paid for it though, I definitely would have asked for another room. My DD and I are talking about our next trip to the Poly, and I am trying to prepare her for life without concierge and she is not happy about it. The fact that she cannot have her croissants, chocolate milk and choco chip cookies (plus the fireworks in the lounge at night) whenever she wants is not settling well with her. Spoiled at four years old! I'm going to keep playing Powerball and hope for a miracle, otherwise, we'll have to just settle for walking to Capt Cooks and putting our choco milks in the little fridge and buying our cookies there!

:rotfl:My DD is spoiled as well! I'm so glad you had such a good time at the Poly. I agree -- only people who love it there can understand. We were really spoiled by the lounge and the location of the Hawaii building. I really hope that we get to go there again sometime!:)

Lissiesmum - we were also at the Torch Lighting ceremony on May 1st! Going by your photo, we had to have been standing pretty close, LOL!!

Lissiesmum - we were also at the Torch Lighting ceremony on May 1st! Going by your photo, we had to have been standing pretty close, LOL!!

Too bad! I would have loved to have met one of my fellow dis'ers! I attached a LGMH to my backpack, but not one person noticed, nor did I see anyone elses :( Wasn't the torch lighting ceremony great? It was short and sweet, and something you don't get to see every day!

Too bad! I would have loved to have met one of my fellow dis'ers! I attached a LGMH to my backpack, but not one person noticed, nor did I see anyone elses :( Wasn't the torch lighting ceremony great? It was short and sweet, and something you don't get to see every day!

It WAS great! That was our first night, and we had a 6:20 ADR at Kona, so the timing was perfect. The kids loved it!! I never did get a LGMH, and I'll admit...I forgot to be on the lookout too!!

So Im sitting at the hotel at the airport! We catch our flight in the morning and tomorrow at this time I hope to be either at the pool or on my way to MK...havent decided yet LOL

Thank you all so much for all of the info here in this thread! I will try and post updates and pictures the next 7 days!

So Im sitting at the hotel at the airport! We catch our flight in the morning and tomorrow at this time I hope to be either at the pool or on my way to MK...havent decided yet LOL

Thank you all so much for all of the info here in this thread! I will try and post updates and pictures the next 7 days!

Have a great trip!

Hi everyone! I just noticed on Tikiman's site that they have eliminated the CL menu postings for the evenings. :confused3 I am saddened by this because it is our first time and a surprise for my parents. I was planning our dining out at our favorite ressies by their nightly menu. There are particular things I really want to be be there for to try. Anyone have a thought as to why they decided to not have it?? :confused3

Regardless I am soooo excited to be going in October!:banana:

Love the pics of the GV. That is what we have booked for. I can understand why you would want to switch with the tree. I would want to see the rest of the beautiful grounds from my sliders as well.:)

Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy the magic. And I'll be checking in to read your updates!:banana:

Hi everyone! I just noticed on Tikiman's site that they have eliminated the CL menu postings for the evenings. :confused3 I am saddened by this because it is our first time and a surprise for my parents. I was planning our dining out at our favorite ressies by their nightly menu. There are particular things I really want to be be there for to try. Anyone have a thought as to why they decided to not have it?? :confused3

Love the pics of the GV. That is what we have booked for. I can understand why you would want to switch with the tree. I would want to see the rest of the beautiful grounds from my sliders as well.:)

I don't know why the menu was eliminated, but I will let you know that the Poly had changed some of the offerings, so it was similar to what Tikiman had posted, but not as good (IMO). Like, instead of the Kona macadamia chicken breast, they had wings from the Luau. And instead of the Kona salad (which sounded great) there was just a plain one. Maybe Tikiman realized that things had changed and didn't want to have the old stuff up. Just a guess, though.:)

Apparently they are still serving the same offerings, just not on set evenings like they used to and maybe a new offering here and there. That is probably why Steve took it down. No one really knows what will be served on what evenings anymore.

Can't wait to see your photos. Have a wonderful trip:-)

This will be my 3rd trip to the Poly and I have never done or seen the torch lighting. Can you tell me about it? Thank you!

This will be my 3rd trip to the Poly and I have never done or seen the torch lighting. Can you tell me about it? Thank you!

I thought it would just be a quick blow of a conch shell and someone lighting a torch!:lmao: Well, I was wrong, and so glad that we took the time to watch it one night. It started in the lobby with a blowing of a conch shell, but then we went out to the front, and the performer (from the luau, I think) did a whole fire dance with the flaming torch, spun it around, and did a few other tricks. It was a really fun mini-show! Definitely worth checking out -- I highly recommend it!:goodvibes

I thought it would just be a quick blow of a conch shell and someone lighting a torch!:lmao: Well, I was wrong, and so glad that we took the time to watch it one night. It started in the lobby with a blowing of a conch shell, but then we went out to the front, and the performer (from the luau, I think) did a whole fire dance with the flaming torch, spun it around, and did a few other tricks. It was a really fun mini-show! Definitely worth checking out -- I highly recommend it!:goodvibes

Thank you! I will make my dining plans around it one night to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter