The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks! Really scared :scared1: I wonder how bad it will be for all of us. Since we have never been. Do you think those people will be able to return at night? or at least open it back up to the resort guest? How does that work? Sorry just really concerned. I expected it to be so busy.

I'm hoping that things will lighten up enough to let us in to the parks around dinnertime. There's no way I can stay in one park for the whole day without leaving to take a break. I just hope we'll be able to get back in... we have a few ADRs for dinner at Epcot.:confused3

I was not planning to stay all day. I was hoping to get there for rope drop and then going back to the poly and then going back at night. I can't stay in a park all day or you all would have to come and find we laying in the walk way! :lmao:

Captain Cook's is open 24-7. They start making breakfast at 6:30 am.

That would be cutting it too close for me with a 7am opening.

Does anyone know what they serve before 6:30am? Like the grab-n-go things like yogurt or sandwiches?
:)

I went and got pop tarts and the small boxes of cereal in case we need to be somewhere else earlier. All I have left to buy is spoons, bowls, and milk (half gallon from the little store there). I just like to be prepared. I was the same way on our first trip to vegas. LOL

I went and got pop tarts and the small boxes of cereal in case we need to be somewhere else earlier. All I have left to buy is spoons, bowls, and milk (half gallon from the little store there). I just like to be prepared. I was the same way on our first trip to vegas. LOL

I always stock up like that when we drive to Disneyland (and throw a case or two of water in the car, too). Since we're flying and I can't do that, we're staying CL. But they don't serve breakfast until 7am! So we'll either take out something the morning before and keep it in the frig or go to CC's and check out the grab'n'go. We're only planning on two MK early mornings, and we'll have either a late breakfast or an early lunch on those days, since there's no time for a good breakfast.

When the MK opens at 7am, do people really line up 45 mins before rope-drop?

That is a good question mmmears. I need to know that too so we can get there early. I was looking at the weather and it was cool there today and tomorrow. Which would make sense to why the parks where so crowded because they couldn't go to the water parks because of the cool weather. It's just a guess and from what I read online. I see the weather is going to be great when we get there. :banana:

I noticed that about the weather, too. Hopefully it will be nice the whole time we're there!:) We have 2 waterpark days planned, but hope to spend the afternoons on those other days out by the pools, and napping (the parks are open really, really late this time -- I don't think we can stay up that late!):)

I seriously regretted opening that crowd thread. I had to close it and walk away. It totally stressed me out. :eek:

When the MK opens at 7am, do people really line up 45 mins before rope-drop?

When we were there in 2006 and the MK EMH opening was at 7, we would get there around 6:50 and there were no real lines. We have some pictures of us in the park with almost no people around us. I think getting there 45 minutes early for 7am EMH is a bit too early.

It totally stressed me out, too!:scared1::eek::scared1:

It stressed me out and I'm not going until May. Made me really think about checking out RideMax, but we have a Mac. There was somebody who used RideMax and they were able to go on quite a few things. I guess you'll have to use EMH whether you like it or not, take breaks, and drink lots of Pina Colavas. I really feel for the people staying off-site.

When we were there in 2006 and the MK EMH opening was at 7, we would get there around 6:50 and there were no real lines. We have some pictures of us in the park with almost no people around us. I think getting there 45 minutes early for 7am EMH is a bit too early.

That's good to hear... I don't think I want to be there at 6:15 in the morning on my vacation...

Hi guys! :wave2:

I got this info off of the WDWInfo website. It lists dining options (including breakfast at MK and also special events happening there. http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/easter.htm

This should help all of us out re: breakfast!

We should be fine as long as we get there early and then arrive again later on. And don't worry kandcmch, our first trip was over Spring Break and we not only survived but kept coming back! :laughing: (We do tend to prefer August though - the crowds are a LOT lower. ;) )

Does anyone know if next week is supposed to be this bad as far as the crowds go??? We check in on Sunday :confused:

It totally stressed me out, too!:scared1::eek::scared1:

Have fun and don't be stressed :goodvibes. I'm so excited for you and kaffinito and kandcmch (and anyone else I've missed). You will be at the POLY, it doesn't get any better than that :banana:. I can't wait to hear about everyone's trip (with pictures) when you all return!

Does anyone know if next week is supposed to be this bad as far as the crowds go??? We check in on Sunday :confused:

Super-crowded. It's listed as 10s & 9s on touringplans.com. Worse at the beginning of the week. We'll be there that week as well, so I've been watching the crowd number with fear & dread :rotfl:.

Have fun and don't be stressed :goodvibes. I'm so excited for you and kaffinito and kandcmch (and anyone else I've missed). You will be at the POLY, it doesn't get any better than that :banana:. I can't wait to hear about everyone's trip (with pictures) when you all return!

Well, at least I know what to expect. I can plan for the crowds. It would be so much worse to show up thinking it will be calm and find it crowded to capacity.

And we're staying at 2 really nice resorts, so if the parks are too crowded we have a great place to spend the day.:)

mmmears, Captain Cooks will have most things available like pastries, etc.. It is just the grill that is closed. I'm not sure if the grill starts operating earlier when the parks open so early.

Good luck with the crowds next week everyone. At least all of you are prepared.:goodvibes

So we'll either take out something the morning before and keep it in the frig or go to CC's and check out the grab'n'go.

remember to bring ziplock bags! Great for just that purpose! Also, don't forget you can grab something yummy from a bakery at the park you are at the day before. One night we got stuff from Main Street Bakery at MK to enjoy the next morning. Delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter