The 40th, MNSSHP, Food & Wine, A New Camera and 3200 Pictures. Sept/Oct TR.*New 5/5

I enjoy Hallowishes, but prefer Wishes. I did like that there were different characters involved. Oogey Boogie and The Ghost Host were a nice touch. Honestly, I was more excited watching how nice my pictures were coming out, than watching the show. No regrets though. That's why I bought the camera.

After Hallowishes, we made our way to Frontierland to watch the second Boo To You parade. Before the parade started, I went to the smoking section down by Rivers of America. Would it kill'em to put in a few lights down that way? I had to use my phone, at one point, to see where I was going.

We stood right in front of Splash Mountain, right were the parade comes out. I LOVE Boo To You. Not as much as MSEP, but it was awesome. The song really sticks with you. I didn't get a good picture of the Headless Horseman. He came out very quickly and abruptly, with no warning, whatsoever.

Mickey and gang, also gave me some trouble. They were dancing a little too much for me to get a good shot. I really did try though. The rest of the parade came out decent. Once again, I was taking pictures in Manual mode, based upon settings I had read about online.

The Haunted Mansion section was my favorite. I like that the included the "dead" dancers. They had some pretty awesome moves, for dead people. I like that ghost band and the Grave Diggers were great.

Next favorite part, The Country Bears. Cuz what's more halloween than some Country Bears, right? LOL. I still love them anyway. My dad loved that Big Al was on our side of the float. He is my dad's favorite.

The Villians were great also. Cruella looked mad as always and I loved Pain and Panic being included.

I think I caught the candy girl off guard. Not only did I take her picture, I wanted candy too.

After the parade, we had one last thing to do. Meet Mickey and Minnie. There were other things I would have liked to do, but as long as I met Mickey and Minnie, the night would be complete. We made it to Town Square and the line wasn't very long at all. We were hoping to finish with them quick enough to meet the Princess' and their Princes, but it didn't work out that way.

Mickey and Minnie were great as usual, even posing for a picture of just the two of them. Minnie loved that I was dressed up as her. She kept pointing at me and then her. Making sure Mickey knew that I was dressed like her.

There was a candy stop right outside, which was our only trick or treating done for the night. I tried to see if I could get in line for Pooh and friends, but the line was closed off already. I just snapped some pictures from the side.

I took a few pictures with the Halloween decorations. Then it was time to make our way back to POP.

Once back at POP it was time to see my friend. He didn't get to work today until after we had left for the party. I snuck up behind him and called out his name. He turned around, saw my costume and started laughing. Then he hugged me for the longest. We chatted for a few minutes, he was at work after all. I made my way to the room, got ready for bed, decided that it was a very successful night, and started to get excited for tomorrow. The 40th! Big day tomorrow, will be lots and lots of pictures. There is only 500 to choose from.

So, my day started at 4:34am. I didn't need to be up till 6am, but once I was up, I couldn't fall back asleep. I finally got out of bed around 5:30am. I checked my bags one last time, loaded the car and waited till it was time to leave. We left at 7:30am, right after my mom left with my brother and sister for school.

By 8:48, we were seeing this sign.

After roaming around the Welcome Center for a few minutes, we started our drive again. I took over at this point.

We made it to Alabama by 10:30am. The only reason I know the exact times, is because I texted my brother and sister everytime we got to a new state. They were not very happy when they got home from school that day.
I love this missile. The last few times we have gone to Disney, we have stopped here. But it was always at night, I was so excited that I got to see it during the day on this trip.
My dad started driving here again. He had to, because I wanted to take pictures of the prison in Mobile. I just love that it right up against I-10.

We made it to Florida at 11:55am. They had signs up advertising MNSSHP.

As we were looking around in the Florida Welcome Center, I was playing with my camera settings. All the pictures, so far, have been taken in manual mode. I was pretty proud of myself for doing this.

I have edited a few of these photos, but nothing major. I am just using Picasa, but it works for me.

We stopped at an Arby's in Crestview. Yum! I love me some Arby's. We kept changing out drivers, until we reached the hotel at 8:00pm. We stayed at a Hampton Inn in Ocala.

Before bed, we went to the lobby to get some cookies. While in the lobby I was taking pictures. My dad told me afterward, that the other people in the lobby were looking at me oddly. Probably cuz, I was taking a picture of a picture.

Great start! Funny thing I live near Crestview! We call it Crestucky:rotfl:

How do you describe a day that you had been looking forward to for over 8 months? The day that was the whole reason why you took the trip?

Let me start by giving you the back story. So, here I am standing in the Emporioum on the last day of my January trip with my mom and nanny. I have a basket full of stuff already and we just keep adding more. My mom calls my dad to ask him about this notepad she found. Wants to know if he wants one. I'm getting confused on why my dad would want a notepad, till I realize what it is. Right around this time, I spot the shelves full of 40th merchandise. I start to freak and tell my mom to tell my dad that I'm coming back for the 40th. I hadn't realized when it was until that moment. So the seed, for this trip, was planted all the way back in January. It did make the last day a little less sad.

This morning we had to check out and then check back in at POP. Free dining did not start until the 1st, so we had two reservations. Thankfully we did not have to change rooms. This took a little longer than expected, so we were running a little behind. We made our way to the busses and there wasn't too much of a line, considering Magic Kingdom was opening within the hour.

We chatted with a nice lady in front of us, who was with her two daughters. The girls were very nice and polite. One even asked me to take a picture of her light up Tinkerbell. The lady had performed with her high school band right after Magic Kingdom had opened. The picture above was hers from when Main Street Electrical Parade debuted.

We made it to Magic Kingdom around 8:30am. As we are walking towards the gate, we notice the crowd. First we had to wait in a long line for bag check. Once through, you could only go so far. There wasn't anymore room available in front of the turnstiles. We had to wait between the two. Not long after we were let in, did they stop letting people through bag check. You know had to what on the outer side of bag check. It was crazy packed this morning. I usually don't do well in crowds, but I was actually loving it this morning.

Thankfully there was some room right against the planter that is almost dead center with the train station. Most of the crowd was nice this morning. It was a very different atmosphere than any other Rope Drop I had been to. The crowd had much more anticipation running through it. Almost, as if, we were all about to go somewhere we had never been before. You know how excited you get when you experience something new? That's how it felt in the middle of this crowd of fans. I actually spotted a few people I recognized from different sites online. But due to crowds, I couldn't get anywhere near them. It was neat to see some groups wearing special shirts or hats. Some were wearing matching shirts from back in the day, some had homemade shirts that celebrated the day. I had my 40th messenger bag, that I had ordered online.

Not long after we arrived the Morning Show was starting. This gets me every time. Today was even worse. The emotions from the show and crowd were too much. I was getting goosebumps and we weren't even in Magic Kingdom yet. I'm getting goosebumps right now, remembering that morning. The Mayor mentioned the 40th and how we all would be celebrating today. After the countdown, the crowd cheered and you could feel the excitment. I know I was in the Magic Kingdom the night before at MNSSHP, but this really felt like the beginning of my trip. Everything was starting right now. I may not have been around when Magic Kingdom opened, but I was here to celebrate it today.

Right after going through the turnstiles, they were handing out buttons in honor of the 40th. We grabbed some of the special maps that were being handed out also.

It was now time to enter the chaos that was Main Street. By the time we made it into the park, people were already lined up and down the street. It was funny to hear people ask why they were lined up. Apparently not everyone knew what was in store for the day.

Becasue of the lines to get in, we were behind quite a few people for the Character Cavalcade. I had to reach up and point down to take pictures. But just to be there hearing the music from all the old parades, was amazing. A few of the songs were familiar to me. Whether I was actually there for that parade or just heard it somewhere else, I'm not sure. I did my best with the pictures I did get. I had to crop and edit almost all of them. Thankfully, I got a few that still look great.

I had to take this picture of Flynn, for some friends online. Before I left on the trip, Flynn was a very hot topic online. Everyone was wondering if he would be at MNSSHP, so when I saw him in the parade, I just had to get a picture of him.

This was the crowd after the Character Cavalcade. Everyone was trying to make there way close to the Castle. If I have learned one thing from local concerts, is you never go with the crowd. Wait it out a few minutes, then scoped out the best spot available. You may not be up close for the whole show, but you will probably get a better spot than that crowd did.

We stayed in the same spot to listen/watch the speeches. I really enjoyed Phil Holmes speech. Especially when he shared his little secret of letting people onto The Haunted Mansion with just an A ticket. I did like that Meg Crofton included some of the opening day speech into her speech. Honestly, I don't remember much of the actual speeches, just how I was feeling while listening to them.

After the speeches, when the Barber Shop Quartet came out, I started to sneak my way a little closer. I do this often at local concerts, it's not too hard when you are by yourself. As I was making my way through the crowd I heard people singing along, there were a few tears and sniffles included also. The feeling in the air was an awesome experience.

The crowd in front of Cinderella Castle was full of all different kinds of people, from all different backgrounds. But at that point, none of that mattered. We were all a group of people that shared one thing, love for Walt Disney, the man and the World. I might have shed a tear or two here.

Once again, awesome pics and a retelling of the experience. I too got goosebumps listening to opening ceremonies and again as I read your account of them. You've described the mood perfectly; we may have been from all over and from different backgrounds but the feeling of anticipation and closeness is one I'll never forget.

Once again, awesome pics and a retelling of the experience. I too got goosebumps listening to opening ceremonies and again as I read your account of them. You've described the mood perfectly; we may have been from all over and from different backgrounds but the feeling of anticipation and closeness is one I'll never forget.

Hey there! Thanks for the compliments. I am about to post more. You should be making an appearance soon.

We will be down there again May 25th through June 6th. Hopefully we can get together during that time.

After the show was over, I needed a break from the crowd. So, I made my way over to the smoking section in front of the Plaza. This is my preferred spot, I love being tucked away, but still able to see all the hustle and bustle. After I was finished here, I ran into PartOfYourWorld in front of the pin station. We were only able to talk for a few minutes, but it was great to meet her, after talking online for so long before the trip.

It was now time for an early lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. I love me some Sonny Eclipse. I have his whole set on my mp3 player.

After lunch, we started to roam around. The lines were quite long everywhere. But especially at the rides from opening day.

We started walking through Fantasyland, which wasn't very packed, but every line was quite long.

As you can see, we made our way to It's a Small World. At this point I had been in Magic Kingdom two days in a row, for almost 10 hours and this was the first ride I was going on. It felt very weird to go that long without riding anything.

There was a backup of boats toward the end of the ride. It did provide for better picture taking, except when the boats would ram into each other.

We kept walking and kept seeing long lines. At this point we were just roaming around, no particular destination. Just trying to find something without such a long wait.

I was trying to get a little creative here.

Country Bear Jamboree was getting ready to start, when we were passing, so we decided to head in. There was still a few minute wait, but it allowed me to catch up on my note taking.

This had to be the best Country Bear Jamboree I have been too. The crowd was singing and clapping along. I'm sure this was how the crowd reacted when Country Bears first showed. It was awesome to see and hear the crowd enjoy the show so much.

After the show, we decided to make our way to Main Street to do a little shopping before the DisMeet.

It was now time for our DisMeet. I don't want to post the picture without everyone's permission. But if any of you want a copy of it let me know, I can send it to you.

We had quite a few people show up. First to arrive was pinkerbell, scroogemcduckfan and family. Next up was disneydreamergirl and mousehouselover. NurseDarcy, dctootall and others were next. Sorry, I didn't get the others names. Macracken was the last to make it. We spent awhile chatting before everyone had to head there seperate ways. Right when the main group was leaving, caffeen joined in. We all took a group photo and then everyone seperated. It was nice meeting everyone.

After a quick break, we found a great spot for the parade. We were in the center of the hub, looking directly up Main Street. We had tried to get this spot last time we went during the summer, but it decided to pour right before the night parade started. This was a different view for me. I liked how I had more time to take pictures of the characters.

The grand marshalls of the parade was a 3 generation family. I also believe they said that one of the family members had been in Magic Kingdom on opening day. I thought that was neat that they had someone from opening day.

I figured ya'll didn't need commentary on each picture, so I am just posting them all for you.

After the parade, we had a few minutes to kill before dinner. So we just kinda hung around the hub, taking pictures.

Tonight, dinner was at Crystal Palace. My favorite restaraunt ever. I could just sit in Crystal Palace all day. Especially if you give me a table with a view of Cinderella Castle. I just love the ambiance of this place.

We were seated not long after we checked in, and not longer after we were seated, did my man show up.

I love Winnie the Pooh. So much so, that when we go this summer we are eating at Crystal Palace on three different mornings.

Next up was Tigger.

I was finally able to go get some food. I know a lot of people bad talk Disney pizza, but I love it. That was what I was most looking forward to at dinner tonight.

Piglet stopped by next.

Followed by Eeyore.

After dinner we made our way over to Tomorrowland, although we didn't do anything while there.

We were going to go on the TTA but it actually had a line. No really, it had a long line. That's how you can tell if it's a busy day or not, if TTA has a line. This girl was having a ball at the end of the line, though. She was dancing along with the music from the dance party and just twirling her flag.

Making our way back to Main Street, we stopped for some PhotoPass pictures.

Once on Main Street I stopped for some more pictures.

Even a few with Tinkerbell.

Then I had to get one with my new friend, mousehouselover. We met at the DisMeet earlier today. She decided to hang out with us the rest of the night.

After taking a whole slew of pictures, it was time to find a spot for Main Street Electrical Parade. This was the crowd that was Main Street. It was getting disgustingly busy. I think even worse than this morning.

And they just kept coming and coming. I was beginning to wonder where all these people were going to go.

We found a spot that would be good for MSEP, The Magic, The Memories and You, and Wishes. We were on the curb behind one family for MSEP. They were sitting though, so it wasn't to hard to crop them out of most of the pictures.

I love this picture, other than the camera in the corner. But every time I try to crop this picture I lose some of the float.

I adore the Step Sisters.

One of my faves.

We found a spot that would be good for MSEP, The Magic, The Memories and You, and Wishes. We were on the curb behind one family for MSEP. They were sitting though, so it wasn't to hard to crop them out of most of the pictures.

I love this picture, other than the camera in the corner. But every time I try to crop this picture I lose some of the float.

I adore the Step Sisters.

One of my faves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter