The 40th, MNSSHP, Food & Wine, A New Camera and 3200 Pictures. Sept/Oct TR.*New 5/5

jesemeca

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my 3rd trip report, for my 11th trip, that includes a few 1st and a 40th. Now we all know about the 40th, but the 1st's will be talked about later.
I have been home for two weeks now. Shame, for having waited this long to start. But I just wasn't feeling it yet. I have finally started editing some of my pictures and I am ready to get this going.
On this trip there were only two travelers. First there is me. This was my 3rd trip in 17 months and I am already ready to go back. I purchased a new camera, Canon SX30, before the trip. So, hopefully, my pictures have improved since the last trip. I still need more practice on low light pictures, but that is what the next trip is for.

Then there is my dad. This was his 13th trip, his first being in April of 72. His most recent trip was in May/June 2010. He videoed more of the trip than I did, while I took most of the pictures.

We stay at Pop Cenutry from September 30th till October 6th. We had free dining for most of our trip and we had 5 day Park Hoppers. We also had tickets to the September 30th MNSSHP. Add in the 40th and Food & Wine and it was a very busy 5 days.

In this trip report you will find out about how we met a dozen characters in just over an hour, our adventure of all four parks in one day, and just how crazy the 40th really was. Stay tuned for all that and much more, including many many many pictures.

So, my day started at 4:34am. I didn't need to be up till 6am, but once I was up, I couldn't fall back asleep. I finally got out of bed around 5:30am. I checked my bags one last time, loaded the car and waited till it was time to leave. We left at 7:30am, right after my mom left with my brother and sister for school.

By 8:48, we were seeing this sign.

After roaming around the Welcome Center for a few minutes, we started our drive again. I took over at this point.

We made it to Alabama by 10:30am. The only reason I know the exact times, is because I texted my brother and sister everytime we got to a new state. They were not very happy when they got home from school that day.
I love this missile. The last few times we have gone to Disney, we have stopped here. But it was always at night, I was so excited that I got to see it during the day on this trip.
My dad started driving here again. He had to, because I wanted to take pictures of the prison in Mobile. I just love that it right up against I-10.

We made it to Florida at 11:55am. They had signs up advertising MNSSHP.

As we were looking around in the Florida Welcome Center, I was playing with my camera settings. All the pictures, so far, have been taken in manual mode. I was pretty proud of myself for doing this.

I have edited a few of these photos, but nothing major. I am just using Picasa, but it works for me.

We stopped at an Arby's in Crestview. Yum! I love me some Arby's. We kept changing out drivers, until we reached the hotel at 8:00pm. We stayed at a Hampton Inn in Ocala.

Before bed, we went to the lobby to get some cookies. While in the lobby I was taking pictures. My dad told me afterward, that the other people in the lobby were looking at me oddly. Probably cuz, I was taking a picture of a picture.

The next morning I was up at 5:50am. The car was loaded by 6:38am. It was now time for breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

This car was in Cracker Barrel's parking lot, so I snuck over and took a quick picture.

While waiting for breakfast, I was playing around with the camera settings. I must have taken a dozen of this same shot. This was my favorite, though.
After we finished eating, I went outside for my smoke break before we started driving again. Once again, I was playing with the camera.

We were now on our way again! We stopped at one of the rest stop on the toll road. I love that they are in the middle of the toll road, instead of on the sides.

I could tell we were getting closer when I saw the local YMCA building.

Right before 10am, we saw this.

I had my camera on sports mode and just snapped away.

Just a few minutes later, we were pulling up to this lovely sign.

We get out the car, I take another smoke break, and it's off to check in.

We made our way to the checkin line, that was quite long considering it was barely 10:30am. But the line moved very quickly, most people were checking out. The lady that checked me in was very nice. I had two seperate reservations, thankfully though, we didn't have to move rooms. We were in room 4114 the whole trip.
After checkin I needed another pit stop, before roaming Pop.

We were on the back side of this building, second room from the end closest to the lobby.

I was just snapping away, as I walked toward the lake.

As I got closer to the lake, I realized how much I could see of the new hotel. So I was a good girl, and took pictures to share with everyone.

It was funny, seeing these guys up there working.

We made our way back to the lobby and then the car. Our next stop was Downtown Disney.

I'm in! Ya'll had a great time and I want to hear all about it.

I know what you mean about 'feeling it.' While it's fun to think about your last trip, doing the TR is like putting it in the past, makes it 'over' in a more tangible way.

I'm in! Ya'll had a great time and I want to hear all about it.

I know what you mean about 'feeling it.' While it's fun to think about your last trip, doing the TR is like putting it in the past, makes it 'over' in a more tangible way.

Hi! Thanks for joining in. I received my PhotoPass, so I am ready to start the bulk of this thing. Our next trip will be in May/June 2012, but I am getting my 1st AP! :yay: :woohoo:

We made our way to Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch at Earl's. Unfortunately the line at Earl's was way too long. I never did get a chance to return later in the trip.

Maybe I should have just gotten a sundae for lunch, too bad they weren't open yet.

We went through TrenD, nothing was bought, just some browsing.

I love these candy boxes. The shirt I was wearing today had the Evil Queen on it, so I had to take a picture of this one. I even bought one on our last night.

Next up was Once Upon A Toy. I didn't purchase anything here, either. But this gentleman was at the front door. He was the sweetest man. He would pose for each person that wanted to take his picture.

Of course, I had to go spend way too much at the Pin Shop.

World of Disney was calling my name. I always buy more than I should in here.

I made my way through to the jewelry section and had to stop myself from buying out the whole thing. I am slowly building my Disney jewelry collection.

After checking out, I went outside for a smoke break. As I left World of Disney, Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, was playing. I thought of you HollyBelle.

Subscribing! Can't wait to read about your trip!

I'm in and wondering if you live in Louisiana?? I see many of those same sites on our way to Disney!

After World of Disney, it was time to buy some Mickey Ears. My sister wanted me to pick up two different ones for her and I bought my 40th Ears.

It was now time for some lunch, unfortunately Earl of Sandwich had a very long line. I checked Wolfgang Puck Express and the line was to the door. So I decided to just eat lunch at Pop. First, we made a stop at Goofy's Candy Co.

I was having fun taking picture of all the candy in here.

I bought some of these candies on our last night. I just loved all the different sayings on the boxes.

You see those jelly beans in my hand? Disney World is the only place I can find Dr. Pepper flavored jelly beans. Anyone seen them anywhere else?

After getting my rice krispie treat covered in milk chocolate, peanut butter chips and even more milke chocolate, we made our way back to the bus stop.

After returning to Pop Century, it was time to find some lunch.

We didn't have the dining plan till tomorrow, so I didn't want to spend a whole lot on food. We split a pepperoni pizza and breadsticks. I also got a refillable mug. I had to have the pink one, once I saw it.

This was my first time taking food pictures with the new camera, so I was playing around with the settings and angles. You'll see many more as this goes along.

We made our way back to the room to get ready for MNSSHP. I had to get my costume together. You will see it in a few.

After changing into my costume, it was time to leave. I asked my dad if he had seen anyone else in costume. I was starting to feel a little odd, being the only adult dressed up. I made at stop at the smoking section behind Classic Hall. There was a little girl dressed in a princess costume. I heard her tell her mom, look that lady is dressed up like me. That made me feel a little better. Once we made it to the line for the Magic Kingdom bus, I saw many others dressed up. I met this one family in front of us in line. We spent most of the time in line and on the bus talking. I found out that the mom was a Dis'er. I just wish I could remember her name on here.

Soon we were passing under this wonderful sign.

I was trying more settings on my camera. I had to kneel down to take this one. So once you see my costume, think about how funny I looked taking this picture.

As we walked up, I was watching to see if they were letting people in for the party already. I was worried that we were going to have to wait till right at 7. But they let us in right around 4:30.

Before I show ya'll my costume, I want to explain it a little. It all started with the barrettes I bought on my January trip. I thought I could wear those with a new shirt and jeans, and that would be it. But it slowly spiraled into a full on costume.

First I had the Minnie barrettes, then there is the Original Mouseketeer shirt, the red and white tutu, black tights and flip flops. See I told you it got a little out of control. Think back now to me kneeling down in this tutu to take a picture of the flower from earlier. I told you I looked ridiculous doing that.

We made our way in to see Mickey and Minnie before they changed over to the Halloween costumes. I figured that this would be my only chance to see Minnie in her normal outfit, while I was dressed like her.

After taking pictures with both Mickey and Minnie, I asked for one of just Minnie and I. Well, Mickey wasn't too happy about that. He got mad and hid behind the curtains.

Great update!!! I do think that lots of adults dress up for MNSSHP and I'm glad you didn't chicken out!! ;)

After spending some quality time with Mickey and Minnie, it was time to make our way to check out the line for the Seven Dwarfs. Of course, a few pits stops were made.

Ahh, that first sighting of Cinderella Castle.

I actually put a copy of this one up in my room. I love the feeling I get when I see this picture. It takes me right back to Main Street and all the frustration of trying to get a good picture of the balloons. Finally, the satisfaction of getting one.

I was really getting into trying different angles and settings on the camera.

I think this may very well be my favorite view ever. This is over in the smoking section right in front of The Plaza restaurant. I love how you are kinda tucked out of the way, yet you still can see the world passing you by. And who can pass up this view.

Time for a little PhotoPass session.

Enjoying your TR! Can't wait to see more pictures. We are going October 2012, so I am really interested in MNSSHP and F&W.

Keep it coming!

We made our way over towards Frontierland, to line up for the Seven Dwarfs. Along the way we stopped to watch the Castle show.

This was the first sighting of Malifiecent tonight.

I love this picture.

Another smoking section picture. I actually take alot of pictures while I am in the smoking sections. So, ya'll will be seeing alot of them.

It was now time to line up for the Seven Dwarfs. While waiting in line, I met two different Dissers. Behind us in line was Discorner. Her family was dressed in Seven Dwarfs shirts. I also met theVidas. We were all talking, which really helped passed the time.

The Dwarfs were hilarious. Sneezy kept wiping his nose on everyone and Grumpy was making fun of people.

It was now time to make our way up front. On the way towards Adventureland, I saw these two ladies out. I love that they have special costumes, just for the party.

I'm joining in and can't tell you how much I am enjoying your pictures!!!! You have a very good eye!! Tell us and show us more.....

Before I go any further, my dad gave me a copy of his picture with the Seven Dwarfs. His photopass pictures did not come out. Thankfully we had gotten someone to take one with his camera.

While making our way to Main Street, we passed through Adventureland, where Jack Sparrow was greeting guests. His line was way toooo long for me to wait in, so I snapped a few pics on the slick.

We passed Crystal Palace, my fave, on our way to check out the wait times for Mickey, Minnie, and the Princesses. Unfortunately, once we got up there, the wait was too long. Come to find out, tonight was a sold out night. Not the best, for my first time at MNSSHP.

We made our way back down towards the Hub and saw that the Mix and Mingle was going on. I was determined to meet Malificient. Her line was not very long, but we she was the only villian we were able to meet. I told Malificient that she was my favorite, she laughed and thanked me. Then I told her that she was the reason I came tonight. She told me that I had wonderful taste.

Frollo was roaming the crowd looking lonely.

We made our way to Tomorrowland, for what I'm not sure. The dance party was going on, so I snapped a few pictures before taking a break and writing some notes out. It was almost time for Hallowishes. This would be my first time using my new camera for night time/long exposure pictures.

Once we made it back to the Hub, the first parade was passing by. So we watched from the back of the crowd, before finding a good spot for Hallowishes.

In between the parade and fireworks was another Mix and Mingle. I was able to watch this one all the way through and video most of it.

Finally, time to test out the new camera, with Hallowishes. Now, most of these pictures have been edited because I had alot of smoke visible. Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid that? Or just maybe a better way to edit than just darken the picture?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter